PDA

View Full Version : What is the correct protocol?

steelers7807
01-09-2009, 04:34 PM
This morning I was returning home from doing some road work in Kentucky. I was flying Southwest and the flight was out of Nashville. Yes, Titan country. Just before boarding, a plane comes in next to ours. Nearly the entire flight was filled with Ravens fans going to the game tomorrow. The only Steelers gear I had on at the time was my hat. So, I made it a point to stand in the isle and face them making sure they saw me. There was many staredowns and a few comments made. It took the smiles off a few of their faces. So, what was the proper protocol for such an encounter? :tt02:

Steel4eva
01-09-2009, 04:37 PM
lol...i probably would have done the same thing...i was IN BALTIMORE TODAY proudly wearing my steelers hat...got a lot of nasty stares, lol

NJarhead
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
This morning I was returning home from doing some road work in Kentucky. I was flying Southwest and the flight was out of Nashville. Yes, Titan country. Just before boarding, a plane comes in next to ours. Nearly the entire flight was filled with Ravens fans going to the game tomorrow. The only Steelers gear I had on at the time was my hat. So, I made it a point to stand in the isle and face them making sure they saw me. There was many staredowns and a few comments made. It took the smiles off a few of their faces. So, what was the proper protocol for such an encounter? :tt02:

"This is MY plane, now get the F*** off!!!" :chuckle:

Danger DANJ
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I think you did right. Couldn't do much more than that by yourself without being ganged up on.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2009, 04:46 PM
I think it was in one of the SBXL films I have or one of the Steelers Yearbook videos, but they show a clip of Ben during warm up getting talked smack to by the opposing team (I believe it was the Bengals, maybe Browns) and he said simply "They like to talk a lot before the game but I just give them a wink and a nod and they have no clue what to make of it."

I would think something like this would work best in those situations, never let the other guy know what you're thinking lol.

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2009, 05:00 PM

How cute, You guys root for the Ravens...good luck tomorrow...we looking foward to Kicking the Living Crap out of you next week.

Well that's what I do. but I also have a lot of bruises.

westcoastransplant
01-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I think it was in one of the SBXL films I have or one of the Steelers Yearbook videos, but they show a clip of Ben during warm up getting talked smack to by the opposing team (I believe it was the Bengals, maybe Browns) and he said simply "They like to talk a lot before the game but I just give them a wink and a nod and they have no clue what to make of it."

I would think something like this would work best in those situations, never let the other guy know what you're thinking lol.

Funny, I thought of the exact same thing. That's exactly what I would do. I got a lot of Chargers fans talking crazy at me and all I do is smile back.

markymarc
01-09-2009, 07:56 PM
You definitely did good! Too bad you can't go back to wish them farewells when the Titans beat them tomorrow.