PDA

View Full Version : Question:: Steelers Digest...

PisnNapalm
01-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Anyone here subscribe to it? http://news.steelers.com/catalog/product/98991/

I've thought about getting it for quite some time now , but haven't. Any info about it's quality, information, etc, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

hindes204
01-09-2009, 09:51 PM

I've thought about getting it for quite some time now , but haven't. Any info about it's quality, information, etc, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

i used to subscribe to it, its a little pricey, but it is worth it...its cool getting a newspaper every other week with nothing but steelers info in it...i think i will start my subscription up agai...the only reason i stopped it was because i joined the military and never quite got around to getting it again

PisnNapalm
01-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the info.

slippy
01-09-2009, 10:55 PM
don't bother.

between steelerfever and the post gazette you should have 95% of the info you need.

i got the paper version of the digest for 12 years! (before the internet). their viewpoint was always a bit soft and rosy; not objective enough for my taste.

Stang909
01-09-2009, 11:31 PM
I get it and I like it. It is a little pricey but I like having a paper every week just about the Steelers. They also have some information in their and some interviews that you really dont see anywhere else. If you're going to get it i suggest buying a multi year package so you get some free stuff with it and its cheaper.

Edit: I think they only give away extras with it at the beginning of the season. I'm not sure though.

PisnNapalm
01-09-2009, 11:42 PM
They are giving away a free XL Champs hat with a new subscription.

HometownGal
01-10-2009, 08:21 AM
BUMP

Lambertfan
01-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Go Steelers bump..love the quote..I am going to print it out and put it all over my home and office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markymarc
01-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I used to subscribe to the Digest when I was younger, but due to pricing and of course the internet I'd rather get my information elsewhere.

Steeldude
01-10-2009, 11:09 PM

Thanks.

it gives you the same info that can be easily found on the net for free.

PisnNapalm
01-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Now I'm even more torn about it... I like the idea of a publication dedicated to the Steelers arriving in my mailbox. But, the $50 a year is holding me back.

I also like the idea of having something to hand down to the kids/grandkids in the future. Let them read through the pages from decades before. I dunno.

markymarc
01-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Now I'm even more torn about it... I like the idea of a publication dedicated to the Steelers arriving in my mailbox. But, the $50 a year is holding me back.

I also like the idea of having something to hand down to the kids/grandkids in the future. Let them read through the pages from decades before. I dunno.

The question you have to ask yourself is are you getting information that can't be found anywhere else and worth the $50.00 price tag.

Hammer Of The GODS
01-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Not worth the $

It's not a rag but not worth the $

They need to cut that price in half then I would be a lifer.

The net has killed thier subscription rate I'm sure. Without the net I would get it again.

BUT, I think it's worth giving a shot. You might like what you get for your $. Me, not so much.