PDA

View Full Version : Stadium opens at what time?

knappy
01-09-2009, 11:31 PM
What time do they open Heinz Field to the public?

hindes204
01-10-2009, 12:01 AM

parking lots used to open at 7 or 730, but that was 10 years ago when i used to go to alot of games

nojobny
01-10-2009, 12:40 AM

Heinz Field Management Issues Advisory for Sunday’s Steelers Game

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers and Heinz Field management would like to remind fans attending Sunday’s game against the San Diego Chargers about some traffic, access and security matters.

Kickoff is at 4:45 p.m. and fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid last minute crowds at the gates and be in their seats early for some special pre-game activities on the field. All fans entering Heinz Field will be subject to full pat downs.

The Coca-Cola Great Hall and the South Plaza (Gates A and B) will open at 1:30 p.m., approximately two hours prior to kickoff. Gate C (access to the seating bowl, club lounges and suites) will also open at 2:30 p.m.

Fans are also reminded of the following stadium policies:

Coolers, bags, backpacks and large purses (larger than 8 by 11) will be prohibited. Small purses, fanny packs, small camera cases and binocular cases and diaper bags will be permitted, however, all bags are subject to inspection. All bags that do not pass security must be returned to vehicles. In addition, Thermoses will not be permitted in the stadium.

http://news.steelers.com/article/101675/

HometownGal
01-10-2009, 08:27 AM
BUMP

knappy
01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Thank You NoJobNY

steve1323
01-16-2009, 09:46 PM
anybody know what time gates open for the afc championship game?

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Stay outside tailgating until about 45 minutes before kickoff (it's cheaper to party outside than in and more fun), then make your way to your seats. You should have just enough time to another beer inside and get to your seats for kickoff.

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2009, 09:51 PM
3 Hours at gates A and B and 2 at gate C.

goLERS
01-16-2009, 09:51 PM
parking lots used to open at 7 or 730, but that was 10 years ago when i used to go to alot of games

lots open 5 hours before gametime...so 1:30 this week:tt02::tt02:

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2009, 10:05 PM
The lucky ones with this tickets to this game, better get louder this weekend than last. You all were good last week but you all have to get louder this week. If you have a voice left after the game, you didn't give it your all. Just remember to be quiet when the offense is on the field. ;)

lilyoder6
01-16-2009, 10:09 PM
it's going to be a cold one as well.. so the threats will be a aching.. lol

jev7452
01-16-2009, 10:15 PM
oh believe me i'm gonna be as loud as i physically can!!!!! cant waiittttt!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
The lucky ones with this tickets to this game, better get louder this weekend than last. You all were good last week but you all have to get louder this week. If you have a voice left after the game, you didn't give it your all. Just remember to be quiet when the offense is on the field. ;)

We'll be looking to get into Flacco's head. Not just him though. We'll look to be on the nerves of all of the Ravens trying to frustrate them.

nojobny
01-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Heinz Field Management Issues Advisory for Sunday’s Steelers Game

Fans Asked to Arrive Early - Pregame Activities

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers and Heinz Field management would like to remind fans attending Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the Baltimore Ravens about some traffic, access and security matters.

Kickoff is at 6:30 p.m. and fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid last minute crowds at the gates and be in their seats early for some special pre-game activities on the field. All fans entering Heinz Field will be subject to full pat downs.

The Coca-Cola Great Hall and the South Plaza (Gates A and B) will open at 3:30 p.m., approximately three hours prior to kickoff. Gate C (access to the seating bowl, club lounges and suites) will open at 4:30 p.m.

Fans are also reminded of the following stadium policies:

Coolers, bags, backpacks and large purses (larger than 8 by 11) will be prohibited. Small purses, fanny packs, small camera cases and binocular cases and diaper bags will be permitted, however, all bags are subject to inspection. All bags that do not pass security must be returned to vehicles. In addition, Thermoses will not be permitted in the stadium.

Media must present identification and check-in prior to being admitted to the stadium.

Media planning on exiting and re-entering the stadium at any point on game day must have their credential “scanned-out” before exiting in order for it to be valid for re-entry.

Heinz Field management recommends that all fans lock their vehicles and keep personal belongings out of sight before entering the stadium. Fans are advised to not leave valuables in their vehicles during games.

nojobny
01-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Stay outside tailgating until about 45 minutes before kickoff (it's cheaper to party outside than in and more fun), then make your way to your seats. You should have just enough time to another beer inside and get to your seats for kickoff.

The problem with that is you wind up stuck in this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/nojobny/Steeelers/photo.jpg

With all the extra clothing everyone's wearing the pat downs took twice as long. I went into the great hall early last week and watched the Giants game at the bar. They switched all the TVs so they were full screen, not that stupid 1/2 TV, 1/2 message board.

zsheik22
01-17-2009, 01:29 AM

Thats what kinda bothers me about Heinz field. It looks really really nice, especially when you can see out of it, but it lets a LOT of the noise out too.

CaliStillersFan
01-17-2009, 02:19 AM
Thats what kinda bothers me about Heinz field. It looks really really nice, especially when you can see out of it, but it lets a LOT of the noise out too.

That's why I miss TRS. Remember how those metal stands would roll out for football games? They were great for helping create noise. With everyone yelling and screaming and stomping the stands you couldn't hear yourself think in that place.

hindes204
01-17-2009, 10:03 AM
That's why I miss TRS. Remember how those metal stands would roll out for football games? They were great for helping create noise. With everyone yelling and screaming and stomping the stands you couldn't hear yourself think in that place.

i miss TRS too, it was a great place to watch the game, i grew up just down the street from it so i got to go to alot of games there...i was sad to see it go