PDA

View Full Version : Complete Draft Coverage

darnik44
01-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Great site for 2009 NFL Draft information. Prospect rankings, mock drafts, scouting reports, underclassmen declared list, articles and more. NFLSpot.com.

http://www.nflspot.com/index.php/ncaa-nfl-draft.html

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 12:23 PM
thier prospect position rankings sure don't look like any other sites.......peria jerry at #12....that alone lost credibility with me. herman johnson ahead of duke robinson ?

darnik44
01-10-2009, 12:44 PM
thier prospect position rankings sure don't look like any other sites.......peria jerry at #12....that alone lost credibility with me. herman johnson ahead of duke robinson ?

That's why it's good information. It's not just copied and pasted like many other sites. These are true rankings based off evaluations, not reputation.

Did you watch the National Championship Game? If you did, did you see Duke Robinson getting blown up all game? He's overated big time.

EDIT: The Peria Jerry ranking was an error. Not the Robinson ranking though.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Did you watch the National Championship Game? If you did, did you see Duke Robinson getting blown up all game? He's overated big time.

Did you notice that Robinson was being spelled periodically by #74 Brian Simmons in the BCS game?? Did you watch any other Oklahoma games this year or just base your ranking on that game??

I agree that Robinson didnt have a great game against Florida, but also wondered why he was being rotated out periodically. Maybe he was injured?

I think Herman Johnson is too big, slow, overweight and doesnt bend at the knees or waist. His best bet is to shed some lb's and play RT in the NFL. Not athletic enough to play in a zone block scheme and too slow to pull or get out on screen passes. Great college lineman, difficult to find a place for him in the NFL at guard.

darnik44
01-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Did you notice that Robinson was being spelled periodically by #74 Brian Simmons in the BCS game?? Did you watch any other Oklahoma games this year or just base your ranking on that game??

I agree that Robinson didnt have a great game against Florida, but also wondered why he was being rotated out periodically. Maybe he was injured?

I think Herman Johnson is too big, slow, overweight and doesnt bend at the knees or waist. His best bet is to shed some lb's and play RT in the NFL. Not athletic enough to play in a zone block scheme and too slow to pull or get out on screen passes. Great college lineman, difficult to find a place for him in the NFL at guard.

That's the way Robinson always plays. He's the LG of a very good running team, so he get's overated. You'll see, he'll be at best a mid 3rd round pick. "Heavy-Legged Waist Bender."

Texasteel
01-10-2009, 03:30 PM

I have to side with you MOP. This doesn't look credible to me either.

darnik44
01-10-2009, 04:32 PM
You must all get your info from Todd McShay. He's clueless.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2009, 10:35 PM
You must all get your info from Todd McShay. He's clueless.actually i think that site got thier info from mcshay.....he's the only other person i've seen say that robinson is 3rd rd talent.....:wink02:

Rhee Rhee
01-11-2009, 12:02 AM

you think mcshay is clueless... look at mike mayock...

MasterOfPuppets
01-11-2009, 12:13 AM
you think mcshay is clueless... look at mike mayock...
doh.....:doh:.....maybe thats who i was thinking of.....mayok....my bad :noidea:

Aussie_steeler
01-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Great site for 2009 NFL Draft information. Prospect rankings, mock drafts, scouting reports, underclassmen declared list, articles and more. NFLSpot.com.

http://www.nflspot.com/index.php/ncaa-nfl-draft.html

Are you going to have any writers / contributors attending the bowl games and combine? We are always after good sites that give real perspectives based on actual live observations.

Cheers

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-11-2009, 11:48 AM

Actually, I get a lot of my info from watching the games, recording them on my DVR and reviewing what I can. I then further look up player videos online to see what players do or do not. The guy that seems to see some of the same things that I do the most is Tony Pauline.

I can tell you that I watched at least 3 Notre Dame games this season and Sam Young is big, with long arms, but lacks good footwork and plays stiff. His lack of good footwork and athleticism gets him beat by speed rushers. He was beat like a rented mule by David Veukine of Hawaii repeatedly in their bowl game. Young needs to stay in school another year and be a 3rd round pick next season.

For this website to have Sam Young listed ahead of Eben Britton and Phil Loadholt as an OT is an absolute mistake. Add the fact that Alex Boone isnt even on the list and he is probably a better OT than Young, Fulton, Black and maybe Loadholt shows that its rather incomplete.....at least on the offensive line rankings.

MasterOfPuppets
01-11-2009, 01:37 PM
hey they moved jerry from 12 to 3.......:flap:

darnik44
01-11-2009, 02:01 PM
hey they moved jerry from 12 to 3.......:flap:

Go back and read and you'll see that was an error and not intentional that he was 12th.

To the last poster, Boone is 12th overall among the OT's

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-11-2009, 02:05 PM
i like going on to footballs future..

heres the link

http://www.footballsfuture.com/

it has player ratings, top one hundred, and weekly updated mock drafts along with tons of links for other mocks...
best draft lik i have come across...

let me know if you find any better............thanks