PDA

View Full Version : why is the media harping on losses that happened 15 years ago?

steel striker
01-10-2009, 01:51 PM
It cracks me up that the media is talking about playoff games we lost back in 1994 and, the 1980's. Alot had happened since then like different players, coaches. If this is the best they could dig up it is sad. I know it is history but, most people I know live in the now. Plus I try not to think about Neil ODonnell it brings back painful thoughts lol.

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 01:57 PM
hmm looks like we are the better team and will win sunday because we beat you in 94'. OWNED!:doh:

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 01:59 PM
but seriously it is being talked about because when is the last time these two teams had a game of this magnitude (sp)?

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Plus I try not to think about Neil ODonnell it brings back painful thoughts lol.

I hear ya on that, still sore about 95 lol. The media talking about the last time 2 teams met in the playoffs is nothing new. I think it fires up the fans as well, watching highlights of em losing in 94 makes me want them to kick their ass even more :tt03:

alittlejazzbird
01-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I hear ya on that, still sore about 95 lol. The media talking about the last time 2 teams met in the playoffs is nothing new. I think it fires up the fans as well, watching highlights of em losing in 94 makes me want them to kick their ass even more :tt03:

I was at that game, and for me as a Steelers fan it still ranks as the most painful loss I have ever witnessed. In its own way it was worse than the Super Bowl loss, because we were so heavily favored to beat the Chargers. I can't watch those highlights even today. And I still refer to that Steelers quarterback as He Who Must Not Be Named.

But I think that's why the media is still bringing it up. Steeler Nation remembers it as a very dark day in our history.