PDA

View Full Version : Dan Dierdorf

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
i just can't stand that guy. does anyone know who the commentary will be for the game?

slippy
01-10-2009, 01:53 PM
simms. deerdork is doing bal/ten

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Freaking Simms and Nantz.....ugggghhhh.....I will have the volume turned down and the radio on for sure.

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
ok thank god.

LittleTank
01-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Freaking Simms and Nantz.....ugggghhhh.....I will have the volume turned down and the radio on for sure.
i like nantz hes the voice of cbs. simms is a douche tho.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Nantz is ok, Simms gives me heartburn though....can't stand him. Both are better than Collinsworth though....I shudder at the name.

MACH1
01-10-2009, 02:56 PM
i just can't stand that guy. does anyone know who the commentary will be for the game?

I'm glad I'm not the only who bleeds from the ears from listening to "captain obvious" dumbdorf.

devilsdancefloor
01-10-2009, 03:04 PM
deerdork drives me insane when he calls the game! collinsworthless just hates the steelers and his bias shows damn bungel! nantz is good i tend to tune out simms though.

nojobny
01-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Please, I'll take any of them over Joe @$%& Buck

hindes204
01-10-2009, 03:58 PM
collinsworth is definitely the worst one out of all of them

paw-n-maul-u
01-10-2009, 04:34 PM
he is already awful ... dierdorf that is.

The plan is working out to perfection. The ravens and titans are beating the crap out of each other ... (man did anyone see that hit ray lewis just layed on that guy. He is a bad mofo.) And the steelers are getting picked as the upset for the week. I can't wait to play a beat up balt or tenn. team.

MACH1
01-10-2009, 04:39 PM
he is already awful ... dierdorf that is.

They don't call him Captain Obvious for nothin.

Blitzburgh_Fever
01-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Man Kornheiser is the worst by far. He's a Yankees fan playing football fan.

I don't mind Collinsworth when he isn't calling Steelers games, he's a huge douche but he does usually have more informative color commentary than Madden etc.

He disects plays and identifies formations and offers advice on how to beat certain receivers etc. If you're interested in that kind of thing he's probably the best about it.

Rhee Rhee
01-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only who bleeds from the ears from listening to "captain obvious" dumbdorf.

i still remember his call on the ryan clark hit on wes welker... "WHAT A SHOT!"

it was seriously like, "ya think?"

kmsteelerwr15
01-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Please, I'll take any of them over Joe @$%& Buck

A Freaking Men!!!

gobolts_charger
01-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Nantz is ok, Simms gives me heartburn though....can't stand him. Both are better than Collinsworth though....I shudder at the name.

Agreed...Collingsworthless is the worst IMO.
I always turn the TV to mute anyhow....here in SD our radio guys, Josh Lewin & Hank Bauer, are awesome to listen to.
Personally, I think every team's radio guys are fans of the team, so naturally they call the best games ( except in KC...thank god Im not a Chiefs fan...:laughing:)

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Agreed...Collingsworthless is the worst IMO.
I always turn the TV to mute anyhow....here in SD our radio guys, Josh Lewin & Hank Bauer, are awesome to listen to.
Personally, I think every team's radio guys are fans of the team, so naturally they call the best games ( except in KC...thank god Im not a Chiefs fan...:laughing:)

Right, it's the same here, the announcers are locals so it makes it much easier for a fan to listen to. I'll always miss Myron though, even when we were losing a game he was still fun to listen to.

meetball
01-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Nantz is ok, Simms gives me heartburn though....can't stand him. Both are better than Collinsworth though....I shudder at the name.SCM? We finally agree on something.:wave:

Tankus_Maximus
01-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I like Simms, he seems unbiased and calls it as he sees it.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
SCM? We finally agree on something.:wave:

Hahaha, I bet we can both agree that the Titans got every bit of what they were deserving tonight too lol. :drink:

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 09:14 AM
i thought i was the only one that couldnt stand joe buck. i do like troy aikman doing games for fox.

mesaSteeler
01-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are doing the game

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-11-2009, 09:46 AM
I dont mind Deirdorf, he is a blowhard, but does have some good insight into things. Simms and Nance are good, the Aikman Buck team is probably one of the best around.

I just cant stand when we play the bengals and get Steve Tasker and Beasly Reece or now Solomon Wilcotts How can you put 2 guys with a frontal lobotomy on the same broadcast.

Oh, and Bryant Gumbel put me to sleep on thursdays. Like slow mind numbing novocaine.

JanBr7
01-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Gumbel was by far the worst. Colllinsworth is knowledgeable but annoying. Phil Simms is a homer. I wish it was Michaels and Madden!

Oh and did anyone else watch the Bal/Tenn game and wish Dierdorf would get his head out of Flacco's butt?

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Gumbel was by far the worst. Colllinsworth is knowledgeable but annoying. Phil Simms is a homer. I wish it was Michaels and Madden!

Oh and did anyone else watch the Bal/Tenn game and wish Dierdorf would get his head out of Flacco's butt?
i tuned him out b/c i cant stand him.

oh a funny thing about yesterdays game. most of you know that my son is a huge baltimore fan.. well when the titans scored first he started crying and put his blanket over his head. i thought it was so cute that he got that upset. i had to explain that it was on the first quarter and it was just one touchdown.

RJW76
01-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Dierdorf was ok when i was 12 and didnt understand the game. I can't really stand any other color guy on TV. They need more Marty's from Major League.

'Anything to add, marty?"

"uh, nah."

"he's not the best color man in the league for nothin' folks"

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Dierdorf was ok when i was 12 and didnt understand the game. I can't really stand any other color guy on TV. They need more Marty's from Major League.

'Anything to add, marty?"

"uh, nah."

"he's not the best color man in the league for nothin' folks"
i havent seen that movie in awhile. it is one of my favorite sports movie. :thumbsup:

missedgehead
01-11-2009, 10:38 AM
I love Simms and Nance, especially Simms.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry Madden fans, but he should have retired several years ago. Insight and alzheimers are not a good mixture (I know, my gramps had alzheimers).

Madden chooses something he has insight on and then wont let the subject go, right or wrong. Then at times he completely ignores other things that are plain as day on the screen.

I can still remember in super bowl XL when he said he thought Locklear's called hold on Haggans didnt look like much(it was a takedown by the neck), then didnt even comment on the non-call fumble by Jeremy Stevens.