PDA

View Full Version : Steelers victory = Home AFC Title game.

Edman
01-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Against the Ravens...

Even more pressure on Pittsburgh to win.

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I knew we weren't going to be playing the Titans. I felt it in my bones, as many of my threads about the "disrespect the towel threads" indicated.

Effing Karma, they were doomed to lose their first Home Game because of Karma. Do that to the towel and face our Rival Ravens. Eat it Titans.

Now the path to the Super Bowl goes through PITTSBURGH BABY!

:tt02::tt03::tt:

Electric Chair
Against the Ravens...

Same holds true for the Chargers. The plot thickens....

Crow-Magnon
Looking forward to coming to Steeltown next week!

Rhee Rhee
01-10-2009, 07:49 PM
let's not get ahead of ourselves... chargers game FIRST!!!!!

Jammer
01-10-2009, 07:50 PM
HOME GAME NEXT WEEEK AT THE Q IN SD YAHOO

Edman
01-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Same holds true for the Chargers. The plot thickens....

Yes it does.

St33lersguy
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
facing a red hot team in a city where the Steelers won 1 AFC Title game in 29 YEARS. Tough task

T.Richardson
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
when was the last time the Steelers won a home AFC championship game?

Danger DANJ
01-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Let's beat the Chargers first and come out healthy, then talk about playing at home next week.

ajs8207
01-10-2009, 07:58 PM
when was the last time the Steelers won a home AFC championship game?

Against the Colts, 94 or 95 I believe.

Edman
01-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Steelers beat the Colts 20-16 at Three Rivers back in 1995. Winless in AFC Title games in Heinz Field (Damn Pats). Ironically, the Steelers weren't the #1 seed that year. Kansas City was, and they lost to those very same Colts.

Whatever, the stakes are even higher this game.

T.Richardson
01-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Against the Colts, 94 or 95 I believe.

ugh...so long ago, hopefully Tomlin and co. can win this time.

Crushzilla
01-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Were at home if we win.....

I believe that's the problem.

Edman
01-10-2009, 08:06 PM
We still need to get by San Diego first.

stillers4me
01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I read that this weeks playoff game has been a blessing for the local economy in Pittsburgh. Two weeks is a goldmine. I may not live there but I'm all for that. :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
01-10-2009, 08:08 PM
We still need to get by San Diego first.

What he said.

I don't know why so many fans are just punching the Steelers' ticket to the AFCC. Do you think the Chargers are going to roll over for them? Not a chance. I'm sure the Steelers are fully aware of what's at stake, but they cannot focus on anything other than beating the Chargers tomorrow night. If they don't, they will lose, plain and simple.

St33lersguy
01-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Were at home if we win.....

I know, the Steelers have won just one AFC Championship at home since '79.

Crushzilla
01-10-2009, 08:10 PM
What he said.

I don't know why so many fans are just punching the Steelers' ticket to the AFCC. Do you think the Chargers are going to roll over for them? Not a chance. I'm sure the Steelers are fully aware of what's at stake, but they cannot focus on anything other than beating the Chargers tomorrow night. If they don't, they will lose, plain and simple.

I wish we would have been the first game.

GridironWarrior
01-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I hope this motivates the Steelers. Chargers don't belong in the AFC Championship.

stillers4me
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I know, the Steelers have won just one AFC Championship at home since '79.

And how many "curses" has Tomlin's Steelers broken just this year alone?

Preacher
01-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Looking forward to coming to Steeltown next week!

It'd be a slugfest... like always.

But we still have a game to win tomorrow.

Any given Sunday... ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

alittlejazzbird
01-10-2009, 08:15 PM
What he said.

I don't get it either, X-T. I'm a nervous wreck about tomorrow, and the fact that the press has reported all week how loose and happy the Steelers' locker room has been makes me even more nervous. I know we're Steelers fans, and fretting is what we do best, but I'm not at all convinced that Ben and Willie and the O-line are going to get it done for us (Ben and Willie because of lingering injuries, and the O-line because, well, you know). I'd love nothing more than to be up by three touchdowns at halftime -- do you hear me, football gods -- but more than likely it will be a nail-biter.

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Got to focus on the Chargers first, then with the win we can worry bout the Ratbirds at home

GodofGridiron
01-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Witnessing TN lose just confirms the idea that nothing is a given. Number 1 seeds in the AFC can be cursed. Its happened to us, KC, TN,.............

We had better be ready tomorrow or we'll be sittin home just like Tenn.

Steel_Bus_24
01-10-2009, 08:17 PM

Yep, after the Dallas game I realized that too..

and Im pretty much past my griping stage....Lets just go out and fight to the end Steelers!!!!:helmet:

and see how far it takes us:tt03:

The Duke
01-10-2009, 08:22 PM
The AFC North Bowl?

lol, this will be awesome :tt03:

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 08:22 PM

I think the only one he didn't break was the Eagles curse...we still haven't won in Philly since '69 (??? can't remember the exact year). That one goes waaayyy beyond Tomlin though lol.

Edman
01-10-2009, 08:23 PM
What he said.

Hell, I think after watching Tennesee lose today only makes me more nervous and less confident. Anything can happen in the playoffs. We could hold the Chargers to 200 yards and still lose. There also the possibility of Ben playing horribly and giving the Chargers the game. Literally. Tennesee dominated Baltimore across the board and were done in by boneheaded turnovers that will Kill ANY team in the playoffs.

I'm not taking anything for granted. Not after what I've seen today. And neither should the Steelers. They better not be, for Tomlin's sake.

GridironWarrior
01-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I believe should the Steelers and Ravens play in the Championship the winner of that game wins the Super Bowl.

welder4pit
01-10-2009, 08:49 PM
what scares me bout tomorrow is the way the cards are playing in carolina right now.anything can happen. dnt know about you im nervous

stillers4me
01-10-2009, 08:50 PM
There's way too much negative energy here tonight.

Edman
01-10-2009, 08:51 PM
8-8 Arizona is already giving the Panthers a game. Up 14-7 already.

We're in for a helluva game tomorrow Steelers fans.

GridironWarrior
01-10-2009, 08:52 PM

And rightfully so. With the way the Oline and Arians do things who wouldn't be nervous.

Dr. Steel
01-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Funk that. The Steelers are going to win and I have no doubt in my mind.

Edman
01-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Because this is the playoffs. A home team has already lost today and another home team is being given a run for their money. Tennesee's loss by absolute fluke proves that ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs. Arizona has 14-7 lead over Carolina and is driving. TWO turnovers by Carolina at home.

We're all worried. We're all nervous. Theres questions surrounding Ben. We're all legitimately worried that the Steelers could completely implode tomorrow and blow this game. We have every right to be worried.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 08:59 PM
8-8 Arizona is already giving the Panthers a game. Up 14-7 already.

We're in for a helluva game tomorrow Steelers fans.

It's not THAT much better but AZ was 9-7 for the season and were the only team besides the Steelers to sweep their division.

welder4pit
01-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Hell, I think after watching Tennesee lose today only makes me more nervous and less confident. Anything can happen in the playoffs. We could hold the Chargers to 200 yards and still lose. There also the possibility of Ben playing horribly and giving the Chargers the game. Literally. Tennesee dominated Baltimore across the board and were done in by boneheaded turnovers that will Kill ANY team in the playoffs.

I'm not taking anything for granted. Not after what I've seen today. And neither should the Steelers. They better not be, for Tomlin's sake.i agree end look at the cards. the teams that had a bye are struggling , and are turning the ball over

steel striker
01-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Well first thing first let's take care of business tomorrow against the chargers. I'm not that worried we just need to play steeler football and, the game is ours for the taking.

Give It To Abercrombie
01-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!! I have tickets!!!

I may be able to touch passing airplanes my seats are so high up but damn we need to win tomorrow!!!

fansince'76
01-10-2009, 09:08 PM

And fully expected - that's why I wish our game would have been the first of the weekend instead of the last.

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 09:11 PM
You're crazy if you wouldn't want every playoff game at home. I don't believe in curses and all that other bull$hit. Let's handle the Chargers and handle the Ratbirds for a 3rd time, then go get our 6th ring!!:tt03:

lilyoder6
i think both games tom are going to be great..

just focus on tom and not the poss of having the home game next weekend

GodofGridiron
Chargers will be comin at us.............watch for it. You dont think theyve been watchin these games today ? Tomorrows game will be hotly contested and i feel it comes down to the last drive.

GodofGridiron
01-10-2009, 09:17 PM
You're crazy if you wouldn't want every playoff game at home. I don't believe in curses and all that other bull$hit. Let's handle the Chargers and handle the Ratbirds for a 3rd time, then go get our 6th ring!!:tt03:

There's some dudes ridin 4 deep in a Suburban in Nashville on the way home now that said the same thing you did. Had all the confidence in the world that the Titans would matter of factly handle the Ravens. Im sure theyre cryin in their beers.......

Ill remain cautiously optimistic. Look at all the nervousness in Charlotte right now. A #2 seed on the verge of bowing out.....on the ropes.

Edman
01-10-2009, 09:18 PM
There is no excusing it any longer. The Chargers will bring it. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Arizona has a 20-7 lead and Carolina can't stop Fitzgerald.

welder4pit
01-10-2009, 09:23 PM
i live in carolina. Not a panthers fan but root for them on the nfc side.nobody i mean no body expected this.not going to be upset if whis and the cards win.but home teams are not playing well.hopefully the steelers will take note

Crow-Magnon
01-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I believe should the Steelers and Ravens play in the Championship the winner of that game wins the Super Bowl.

They may only be possible if they have a fully-staffed trauma center underneath Heinz Field.

I thought the Titans game was brutal!

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 09:29 PM
There's some dudes ridin 4 deep in a Suburban in Nashville on the way home now that said the same thing you did. Had all the confidence in the world that the Titans would matter of factly handle the Ravens. Im sure theyre cryin in their beers.......

Ill remain cautiously optimistic. Look at all the nervousness in Charlotte right now. A #2 seed on the verge of bowing out.....on the ropes.

I didn't mean handle them convincingly, I simply meant handle business.

NEPAsteeler
01-10-2009, 09:30 PM
The way the home teams are playing today is making me a tad nervous. Let's hope the Steelers don't fall in the same funk the Titans did and Carolina is right now. It just goes to show you that anything can happen in the playoffs.

welder4pit
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Well look at it this way, odds are on our side tomorrow. 2 of the 4 home teams should go to the next round

Jammer
01-10-2009, 09:34 PM
start praying..dont miss church tomorrow

NEPAsteeler
01-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Let's hope so. Plus.. if the Steelers do win tomorrow, I'm going to the game next week against the Ratbirds. :chuckle:

stillers4me
01-10-2009, 09:37 PM
For gawds sake.....enough of the negative vibes!!!!!!

We're healthy for the first time since day one, we have home field advantage tomorrow, and will play at home for AFC Championship when we win.......the road to Tampa runs through US! The cards are falling in place for us, and we have the best daggum defense in the NFL! Not to mention a very focused and determined hot shot young head coach that wants his first notch on his belt. Have some faith! Who says we can't come out and play lights out in a playoff game like everyone else is?

BELIEVE!

NEPAsteeler
01-10-2009, 09:39 PM

We're healthy for the first time since day one, we have home field advantage tomorrow, and will play at home for AFC Championship when we win.......the road to Tampa runs through US! The cards are falling in place for us, and we have the best daggum defense in the NFL! Not to mention a very focused and determined hot shot young head coach that wants his first notch on his belt. Have some faith! Who says we can't come out and play lights out in a playoff game like everyone else is?

BELIEVE!

Amen to that! :tt03:

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Seriously, the game hasn't changed, why does what happened to the other teams make a damn bit of difference here?

stillers4me
01-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Seriously, the game hasn't changed, why does what happened to the other teams make a damn bit of difference here?

Exactly!

If anything, they'll play all the harder ..... home field for the championship game and the chance to send the dirty, cheap shotting Ratbirds home for good. They will love it!

welder4pit
01-10-2009, 09:43 PM

BELIEVE!:tt::tt::tt03::tt02::helmet::drink: you are right

NEPAsteeler

You're absolutely right. We're the Pittsburgh Steelers. Not the Titans or Panthers. I agree with you 100% :hatsoff:

SteelCityMom

If anything these games help the Steelers....you know they're watching these games today and Ben just sat back and said, dang I better take care of that ball tomorrow and not sling it every which way possible. At least that's what I hope he's saying lol.

GodofGridiron
01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Because the teams that had byes (HFA)struggled.........we had a bye, our QB historically struggles out of a bye, even moreso after a concussion.

Im not scared, but im a lil bit apprehensive. If we dont turn the ball over, i like our chances. We give it over 2-plus times, then my pores begin to flood.

Preacher
01-10-2009, 09:46 PM
They may only be possible if they have a fully-staffed trauma center underneath Heinz Field.

I thought the Titans game was brutal!

Its posters like you that would make the coming week so fun....

you can appreciate the joy of seeing both teams going at it... as much as you probably dislike (and should) the Steelers... (as we do the Ravens).

I really want to spend a week listening to "This is going to be a slugfest" commentary.

It is how football should be played!

HometownGal
I don't get it either, X-T. I'm a nervous wreck about tomorrow, and the fact that the press has reported all week how loose and happy the Steelers' locker room has been makes me even more nervous. I know we're Steelers fans, and fretting is what we do best, but I'm not at all convinced that Ben and Willie and the O-line are going to get it done for us (Ben and Willie because of lingering injuries, and the O-line because, well, you know). I'd love nothing more than to be up by three touchdowns at halftime -- do you hear me, football gods -- but more than likely it will be a nail-biter.

I'm with you there jazzy. I'm confident in our Steelers to get the job done tomorrow, but I'm not taking the Chargers lightly in this game. They're rolling on momentum right now - kind of remiscent of the 2005 Steelers (though I think the 2005 Steelers were a much more balanced and talented team overall). On the inside tomorrow, my stomach will be doing flip-flops and I'll probably chew my manicured nails down to itty bitty stubs.

I reiterate what has been said by others here . . .

Let's kick the Bolts to the turf tomorrow before we start whooping it up about the AFCC. We have 60 minutes of football to play before we can even think about a rematch with the Ratfinks at HF.

SteelersinCA
If anything these games help the Steelers....you know they're watching these games today and Ben just sat back and said, dang I better take care of that ball tomorrow and not sling it every which way possible. At least that's what I hope he's saying lol.

I hope he's not even thinking of being worried. I hope he's thinking, I'm going to handle mine tomorrow and leave it all on the field. As long as he does that, I'm confident we will all be happy here tomorrow evening.

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Because the teams that had byes (HFA)struggled.........we had a bye, our QB historically struggles out of a bye, even moreso after a concussion.

Im not scared, but im a lil bit apprehensive. If we dont turn the ball over, i like our chances. We give it over 2-plus times, then my pores begin to flood.

Well keep your pores in check, it ain't even tomorrow yet, have faith in the black and gold!!!! :helmet::helmet:

stillers4me
01-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Well, let's just spend the next 20 hours fretting about everything that can go wrong.

And if we lose, so be it. We go home and focus on next year. They do it. 25 other teams are doing that as we speak. We are not entitled to win the Superbowl each and every year. (only the Patriots* are :wink02:)

blue2noise
01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
HOME GAME NEXT WEEEK AT THE Q IN SD YAHOO

That sounds so gay

SteelersinCA
01-10-2009, 09:56 PM
That sounds so gay

Consider the source, consider the source...:rofl:

stlrtruck
01-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't get it either, X-T. I'm a nervous wreck about tomorrow, and the fact that the press has reported all week how loose and happy the Steelers' locker room has been makes me even more nervous.

I remember hearing a story about back in the 70's when the Steelers use to go to this bar every Thursday or Friday before a home game and they would laugh and have fun. Well I believe in the story it was 76 (can't remembe which off year it was) but a few players were hurt and the bartender asked where some of the key players were and the player answerd, "Practicing" and the bartender said, "We're screwed!" Or something to that affect.

My point, having a loose and happy locker room is a good thing. Having a happy and loose QB is a better thing!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!! :drink: :tt03: :tt: :tt02:

stillers4me
01-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I heard interviews by Santonio and Bryant McFadden today on NFL radio. No arrogance at all, just alot of focus on getting the job done and alot of faith in Tomlin and Lebeau. And lot of faith in each other, about playing for the guy next to you.

Titans players, on the other hand have been very arrogant and c-o-c-k-y. They deserve exactly what they got today.

gobolts_charger
01-10-2009, 11:08 PM
I hope this motivates the Steelers. Chargers don't belong in the AFC Championship.

Says who? You? We have every right to play for this game as you do.
Come playoff time, every team starts 0-0.

gobolts_charger
01-10-2009, 11:10 PM
I heard interviews by Santonio and Bryant McFadden today on NFL radio. No arrogance at all, just alot of focus on getting the job done and alot of faith in Tomlin and Lebeau. And lot of faith in each other, about playing for the guy next to you.

Titans players, on the other hand have been very arrogant and c-o-c-k-y. They deserve exactly what they got today.

Thank God the Titans lost today. Did you see Bullocks throw a tantrum after the game?!:laughing:
They're got exactly what they deserved....dirty ^%$ players!!

Edman
01-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Arizona is putting on the crowning touches of a divisional game beat down. 33-7 over Carolina.

I'm so nervous I can't sleep.

CanadianSteel
01-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Arizona is putting on the crowning touches of a divisional game beat down. 33-7 over Carolina.

I'm so nervous I can't sleep.

Have a double scotch like i just did and it will help :applaudit:

Polamalu43
01-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Against the Ravens...

There's no pressure on us!! we just need to go out tomorrow and take care of our business and not worry about who we playin next..

eafratitpm3
01-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Well, the Bye home teams so far have said Bye to there SB hopes. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

KeiselPower99
01-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I know the excitement is high right now BUT we have the Chargers still to beat. Ill celebrate after a Steelers win tomorrow. After all look at what Arizona did tonight. No one predicted them to win. just shows ya games aint won on paper.

RavenManiac
01-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Here's to a re-rematch next week.

As you are pounding the Bolts, make sure someone earholes Rivers, please. The guy is a spoiled doooosh.

My prediction: 23-13 Steelers.

As for next week...not sure, will be a slugfest. One thing is for sure though, if we (Ravens) play like we did today, you guys will win in a walk. I could have sworn Billick took over the playcalling for a minute there when we got to first and goal and proceeded to run into the line for negative yardage. We got lucky, plain and simple. We were thoroughly outplayed and lucked into a win. A win I will gladly take, obviously, but it won't happen like that versus you guys for sure.

Again... good luck, though I don't think you will need it. Sproles will get mauled, I am not even sure if I would make an even money bet he finishes the game.

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 12:58 AM

As you are pounding the Bolts, make sure someone earholes Rivers, please. The guy is a spoiled doooosh.

As for next week...not sure, will be a slugfest. One thing is for sure though, if we (Ravens) play like we did today, you guys will win in a walk. I could have sworn Billick took over the playcalling for a minute there when we got to first and goal and proceeded to run into the line for negative yardage.

Again... good luck, though I don't think you will need it. Sproles will get mauled, I am not even sure if I would make an even money bet he finishes the game.

Thanks man, I hope you are right!!

Polamalu43
01-11-2009, 01:00 AM

As for next week...not sure, will be a slugfest. One thing is for sure though, if we (Ravens) play like we did today, you guys will win in a walk. I could have sworn Billick took over the playcalling for a minute there when we got to first and goal and proceeded to run into the line for negative yardage. We got lucky, plain and simple. We were thoroughly outplayed and lucked into a win. A win I will gladly take, obviously, but it won't happen like that versus you guys for sure.

thanks bro.. you guys played a good game today, nice slugfest.

1 thing you can count on is, that we will get to rivers, sunday.. he had his worst

game of the year against us with a rating of 44.4 with 2 picks..

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 01:19 AM

Here's to a great game from the Ravens today....that was one of the best games I've watched all season (that wasn't a Steelers game).

The Titans may have outplayed you for a little while, but your offense did it's job and was patient and did not turn the ball over, which is of course crucial in defensive battles like that. Flacco may not be a flashy QB, but he did what he needed to do and he kept his composure, I respect that about him a lot.

Both defenses were playing with a ton of passion today and I wish all your guys that were injured a speedy recovery.

Hopefully we get to see an AFC North AFCCG this year, it would definitely be one for the books no matter who came out the winner! :drink:

VegasStlrFan
01-11-2009, 04:10 AM

Its a W any way you get it, luck is made. Congrats on the win. Titans have made my teams I love to see lose list.

VegasStlrFan
01-11-2009, 04:13 AM
The games today change nothing about tommorrow. They were surprising and entertaining, but tommorrow is the same Sunday we've been waiting for all week.

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 08:38 AM

I'd love nothing more than a rematch with the Rats. Your team played damned good football yesterday and stuffed the Tites. :thumbsup::drink: Good job by your D to force turnovers at crucial points in the game! I was also very impressed with Flacco - me thinks the Rats have themselves a QB - finally!

Thanks for the luck and hopefully, we'll be seeing you at HF next weekend! :hatsoff:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm just happy that the Titans lost. Nothing like being overconfident and overrated. I guess Chris Johnson wasnt mouthing off about the rookie of the year award.

Maybe somebody can give Al Roker..I mean Lendale White a terrible towel to wipe away the tears of 2 game changing fumbles. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
01-11-2009, 09:39 AM
The AFC North Bowl?

lol, this will be awesome :tt03:

I admit it - during preseason I said only one team from the AFC North would make the playoffs and 9-7 might be enough to take the division. Kind of crazy to see TWO teams in the playoffs and potentially the AFC championship. Who knew?

The good news for next year is the Titans and Ratibirds will have many FA's leaving big holes on defense, while we just keep getting better.