PDA

View Full Version : What have we learned thus far........

stillers4me
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
......in the playoffs?

Answer: Turnovers = kiss of death

Edman
01-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Struggling Quarterback = Death Sentence.

realdeal
01-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Let's hope Ben doesn't lose this game for us.

fansince'76
01-10-2009, 09:51 PM

You can turn that broken record over any time now. :coffee:

GodofGridiron
01-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Carolina's defense has come to life just a lil bit and Delhomme still manages to waste their opportunities away.

Well well well.......a #1, #2 and two #3's have fallen in these playoffs folks. You'd better be able to take a blow as well as deliver bigger ones cuz these lower seeds arent playin around.

PisnNapalm
01-10-2009, 10:03 PM

/me smacks realdeal upside his head.

Oh for crying out loud!! Get off the bandwagon.... Turn in your colors and leave.:banging: Some fan you are...

GodofGridiron
01-10-2009, 10:13 PM
/me smacks realdeal upside his head.

Oh for crying out loud!! Get off the bandwagon.... Turn in your colors and leave.:banging: Some fan you are...

He hasnt said anything all of us arent thinkin deep inside. We all KNOW Ben is the wildcard variable in this game tomorrow. As he goes, so does this team. Three turnovers from Ben and the Chargers might wipe shoes with Terrible Towels.........

Not being negative, but dont get overconfident. We have just a good a chance of blowin tomorrow as we do of comin out on top.

PisnNapalm
01-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm sick to death of all the damn Ben bashing that goes on here.

Ben is our guy. We should be supporting him as much as possible right now, not doubting him.

PisnNapalm
01-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Not being negative, but dont get overconfident. We have just a good a chance of blowin tomorrow as we do of comin out on top.

That's why they play the game. Yeah, it's pretty much a toss up. If the O-line can protect Ben, the running game gets clicking and we don't turn over the ball.... we win this game.

teddy jones
01-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Arizona has a running game/Jake Delhomme sucks
Ohhh.... Karma sucks too (way to go Titans)

jjpro11
01-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Carolina's defense has come to life just a lil bit and Delhomme still manages to waste their opportunities away.

Well well well.......a #1, #2 and two #3's have fallen in these playoffs folks. You'd better be able to take a blow as well as deliver bigger ones cuz these lower seeds arent playin around.

i hope the steelers learned today that seeds mean nothing in the playoffs.. they should already know after winning it all as a 6th seed.. but in case they needed a reminder, today's games were prime examples.

PisnNapalm
01-10-2009, 10:36 PM
never mind...

LVSteelersfan
01-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Steelers need to rock the Chargers world tomorrow. I have no doubt they can do it if they focus on the game at hand. Please quit bashing Ben. That is only asking for him to play poorly. He is ten times the QB Kerry Collins or Jake Delhomme could ever think of being. Rivers will be crying a river after tomorrow's game is over.

Guttpuppy
01-10-2009, 10:38 PM
......in the playoffs?

I thought about this and you're right, MT knows this as well. I think we will be ready.

sdnunes
01-10-2009, 10:48 PM
We learned that good teams are good teams, regardless of the division they're in...

Polamalu43
01-10-2009, 10:55 PM
......in the playoffs?

Actually is that the 2 road teams won today.. i really hope and pray we don't go under that same thing

eafratitpm3
01-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I hope we learned we need to come out with the intensity that the Cards came with today.

Rotorhead
01-10-2009, 11:25 PM
What I have learned . . .
We "should" be playing the one team I hoped to avoid in the AFCC game! But we need to focus on the game at hand and play mistake free offense and our usual defense.

VegasStlrFan
01-11-2009, 02:25 AM
You win with your strength. Ratbirds smashmouth showed up, Cards air attack showed up.

Don't worry about Ben, he'll be fine. The D is our strength and You all should have no problem with confidence in that department!

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 07:54 AM
I agree with stillers4me here. 99% of the time - the team with the fewest turnovers wins the game. Our D needs to go for the ball, stay in Patty Cake's face and force them into making mistakes so that our O can capitalize on them. I'd sure love to see a Patty Cake pick turned into 6 by the D! :applaudit::tt02:

Big D
01-11-2009, 07:58 AM
......in the playoffs?

i've learned that cracking a beer at 7 am to cure a hangover just makes things worse. I think if uncle brucy could have learned anything after yesterdays games that we should run the ball and have ben manage the game. I would like to see ben under 20 attempts today

hindes204
01-11-2009, 08:08 AM
i've learned that cracking a beer at 7 am to cure a hangover just makes things worse.

that means you should have cracked another one, one doesnt help, but four or five will....ive learned that the titans were very overrated and that its impossible to win when you cant stop turning the ball over

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 08:13 AM

And Ben could very well be the reason we WIN this game. Our defense will do exactly what we expect them to do. Ben has a mediocre line around him but he has Heath Miller this time and our receivers are are good as they come. If Ben decides that there is no way in hell they are going to lose this game, you can better believe we won't. :helmet:

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 08:14 AM
And Ben could very well be the reason we WIN this game. Our defense will do exactly what we expect them to do. Ben has a mediocre line around him but he has Heath Miller this time and our receivers are are good as they come. If Ben decides that there is no way in hell they are going to lose this game, you can better believe we won't. :helmet:
then i hope that is what he wakes up thinking this morning. :thumbsup:

however as obi wan kenobi said.. i have a very bad feeling about this.

hindes204
01-11-2009, 08:18 AM
however as obi wan kenobi said.. i have a very bad feeling about this.

whats with the pessimism....i have a very good feeling:tt03:

GBMelBlount
01-11-2009, 08:18 AM
That's why they play the game. Yeah, it's pretty much a toss up. If the O-line can protect Ben, the running game gets clicking and we don't turn over the ball.... we win this game.

It's all about the "D". Hoping they step it up another notch (If that's even possible), absolutely abuse Rivers, and start a playoff run that cements them as one of the best defenses ever. :tt:

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 08:23 AM
whats with the pessimism....i have a very good feeling:tt03:
after seeing what happen the the home teams yesterday... and with ben coming off a concussion.. i hope my feeling is wrong.

hindes204
01-11-2009, 08:45 AM
after seeing what happen the the home teams yesterday... and with ben coming off a concussion.. i hope my feeling is wrong.

concussion, not an issue unless he gets drilled again...and those other home teams weren't the STEELERS!!!

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 09:00 AM
concussion, not an issue unless he gets drilled again...and those other home teams weren't the STEELERS!!!
you are right those other teams werent the steelers. however their qb wasnt coming off a concussion. how you can say its not an issue is beyond me. it will always be an issue with him from now on. b/c they can start coming more frequently after a hit.

hindes204
01-11-2009, 09:03 AM
you are right those other teams werent the steelers. however their qb wasnt coming off a concussion. how you can say its not an issue is beyond me. it will always be an issue with him from now on. b/c they can start coming more frequently after a hit.

he has had three in the past three years, thats why i said it wasnt an issue, because he has had them before, and played just fine afterwards

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 09:08 AM
he has had three in the past three years, thats why i said it wasnt an issue, because he has had them before, and played just fine afterwards
yeah he played great after the concussion he got in atlanta.. we kicked the crap out of the raiders the next game.. no he didnt play fine after he got a concussion.. he throw what 4 INTs in a game that was an easy win..

Fire Haley
01-11-2009, 09:08 AM
What have we learned?

Flacco has won the same amount of playoff games this month that the Browns have won in 20 years.

hindes204
01-11-2009, 09:11 AM
i give up, ben sucks, bench him, hell cut him, we dont need him

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 09:15 AM
i give up, ben sucks, bench him, hell cut him, we dont need him
that isnt what people are saying. but you cant say he has played fined after a concussion when he didnt. maybe today will be different and he does play well.

hindes204
01-11-2009, 09:24 AM
that isnt what people are saying. but you cant say he has played fined after a concussion when he didnt. maybe today will be different and he does play well.

finally, a little optimism :thumbsup:

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 09:46 AM

You dont know that to be factual. Ben passed a series of tests......sure, But when youre placed in an intensely driven, fast paced contact sport where youre forced to make split second reads with the football, recognize exotic coverages and process multiple arenas of information simultaneously it can become quite hairy. Who's to say Ben might be a split second slow in read/recognition ? The Chargers are definitely gonna test his mental acuity and reflexes. How well he responds is the unknown. Ben may decide that he doesnt trust his reads and holds the ball even longer than he already does...........then again he might force it. We will learn where Ben is mentally by the 3rd or 4th series.

Whatever the case if he struggles early on, Tomlin has to make a judgement call on when to use the lasso and NOT allow this replicate Jax last year or become what became the Panthers last night. (Delhomme singlehandedly lost that game last year--he played like he was concussed).

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 09:50 AM
What have we learned thus far........

the titans are not who we thought they were..lol

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 09:51 AM
What have we learned?

Flacco has won the same amount of playoff games this month that the Browns have won in 20 years.

Ive got a new respect for Flacco. Ive gotta give it up for this kid. We've got a nemesis now in Baltimore. This kid is solid when hes got time to throw the ball and he throws THE MOST beautiful ball ive ever seen. Bar none. This kid is the real deal im sorry to say. He will be great, unlike Derek Anderson whose floated around the league a few years. I know some will try and make the comparison.

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 09:56 AM
What have we learned thus far........

the titans are not who we thought they were..lol

Exactly.........and i got great joy this morning when they aired footage of Bullock coming unglued in the tunnel last night. Dude mustve junked about 150 linear foot of barrier railing............

"Paper champions......thats all they were....all theyre ever gonna be........paper champions" -- Lethon Flowers.

I just wish it was us that sent Tenn packing this year. I struggle to say this but, THANK YOU BALTIMORE.

Yuck......now i feel like a cheatin husband and must go and wash up and cleanse myself.

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Ive got a new respect for Flacco. Ive gotta give it up for this kid. We've got a nemesis now in Baltimore. This kid is solid when hes got time to throw the ball and he throws THE MOST beautiful ball ive ever seen. Bar none. This kid is the real deal im sorry to say. He will be great, unlike Derek Anderson whose floated around the league a few years. I know some will try and make the comparison.

I totally agree about Flacco. I said it in last night's Tites/Rats game thread - he's the best QB that franchise has seen in a lot of years. He's got a rocket arm, is very smart and has a tremendous amount of poise for a rookie. This kid is definitely going places.

On another note . . .

NO PESSIMISM ALLOWED TODAY!!! ONLY GOOD VIBES AND SUPPORT FOR OUR STEELERS!!! :tt03::tt02::tt:

Fire Haley
01-11-2009, 10:06 AM
NO PESSIMISM ALLOWED TODAY!!! ONLY GOOD VIBES AND SUPPORT FOR OUR STEELERS!!! :tt03::tt02::tt:

You go girl!

http://www.steelerettes.com/cheer62.jpg

Texasteel
01-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I totally agree about Flacco. I said it in last night's Tites/Rats game thread - he's the best QB that franchise has seen in a lot of years. He's got a rocket arm, is very smart and has a tremendous amount of poise for a rookie. This kid is definitely going places.

On another note . . .

That sound like a good idea. Lets try it once and see how it works.

JanBr7
01-11-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm right there with you! Good feelings...D will rule the day and Ben will be just fine, and may even win the game for us if we can get the running game going even just a little. Keep them honest.

We need to remember all the great things Ben has done, and that the fate of the team should not rest solely on his shoulders but many times it has, and he has come through.

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 10:10 AM
NO PESSIMISM ALLOWED TODAY!!! ONLY GOOD VIBES AND SUPPORT FOR OUR STEELERS!!!

ok HTG... only good vibes and support.:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: