PDA

View Full Version : Same Refs tomorrow ?... No please

CanadianSteel
01-10-2009, 10:52 PM
I read on another Blog somehwere that we drew the same Refs as the first game with the Chargers ?

Can someone please shoot down this runour.... please !!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-10-2009, 10:55 PM
I hope not.

Steel_Bus_24
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
wtf

sdnunes
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure who it was back in November, but it's Jeff Triplette on Sunday...

CanadianSteel
01-10-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure who it was back in November, but it's Jeff Triplette on Sunday...

Thnaks I think it was Ron Winters the first game.... so maybe just some internet BS I read...

steelerfan4eva
01-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I am pretty sure it was Scott Green the first game, and It is most definitely NOT him tomorrow...I think someone else said it was Jeff Triplet, and Im pretty sure they are right.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 11:10 PM
I had read over on the Chargers board a couple days ago that we are getting Tripletts crew....I have no link for the info though.

They seemed very excited about it for some odd reason and stated that he was an admitted Chargers fan or something.

I find it funny that they would be happy about it because after watching our game in SD from '05, I noticed Triplett was the official there and he was very fair in his playcalling and threw a good number of flags the Chargers way.

Whether this is true or not I'm not sure, but from anything I've heard and seen his crew is fair.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Thnaks I think it was Ron Winters the first game.... so maybe just some internet BS I read...

No Winters was the ref for the second Balt. game I believe.

CanadianSteel
01-10-2009, 11:20 PM
No Winters was the ref for the second Balt. game I believe.

Ok I obviously got my Refs mixed up..... sorry for the scare...

SteelersGirlTN7
01-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Actually it looks like we're getting Bill Leavy...

this link that Im posting actually did previously show Jeff Triplette a couple days ago .. now it shows Bill Leavy.?

Divisional Playoffs

ARI @ CAR - Gene Steratore
PHI @ NYG - Scott Screen
BAL @ TEN - Terry McAulay
SD @ PIT - Bill Leavy

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2008-crews/playoffssuper-bowl/

madman17
01-11-2009, 12:16 AM
who cares what refs team it is as long as they call a fair game for both sides

steelerfan4eva
01-11-2009, 12:25 AM
wasnt leavy the ref at superbowl xl??? i seem to remember his crew doing a good job :)

jjpro11
01-11-2009, 12:31 AM
i just hope they call a fair game.. i cant take screaming at the officials on top of the players.. not in the playoffs.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Actually it looks like we're getting Bill Leavy...

this link that Im posting actually did previously show Jeff Triplette a couple days ago .. now it shows Bill Leavy.?

Divisional Playoffs

ARI @ CAR - Gene Steratore
PHI @ NYG - Scott Screen
BAL @ TEN - Terry McAulay
SD @ PIT - Bill Leavy

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2008-crews/playoffssuper-bowl/

Oh great....I can just see it now....one bad call goes SD's way and the Steelers end up winning fans are going to have to hear whining forever.

I just hope it's a fairly called game as well (or at least better than last time).

jjpro11
01-11-2009, 12:41 AM
at least they sent that douche bag scott green to new york. i did not want to see him out there again.

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Let them cry, they will cry anyway. If it wasn't snowing, if it wasn't cold:blah:

devilsdancefloor
01-11-2009, 12:59 AM
this is not the butthead in the thanksgiving game a few years back when the bus called tails and it can up tails and he gave the ball to the lions is it? i just want a good called game ( a few holding or false start flags wouldnt hurt this time).

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 01:19 AM
this is not the butthead in the thanksgiving game a few years back when the bus called tails and it can up tails and he gave the ball to the lions is it? i just want a good called game ( a few holding or false start flags wouldnt hurt this time).

Yup, same butthead, I wonder if they changed who was going to be ref to this guy because of Bettis being the honorary team captain for the coin toss this game....there will be a riot if he screws it up this time though, no doubt about that.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-11-2009, 02:35 AM
Yup, same butthead, I wonder if they changed who was going to be ref to this guy because of Bettis being the honorary team captain for the coin toss this game....there will be a riot if he screws it up this time though, no doubt about that.

actually, with the coin toss debacle, that was Phil Luckett ...

Thanksgiving, 1998
The first was an overtime coin toss on Thanksgiving, 1998 between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Detroit Lions. The referee microphone only picked up Pittsburgh captain Jerome Bettis calling "tails."[1] The toss was "tails", and Luckett called the Lions as the coin toss winners. Bettis insisted that he had called "tails", and Luckett insisted that (Bettis) had called "heads-tails," meaning that Bettis said "heads" first. The Steelers argued the call to no avail and Bettis denied Luckett's claim. The Lions scored a field goal on their first possession of the overtime to win the game................

VegasStlrFan
01-11-2009, 02:41 AM
As long as they do their job I could care less. Even up we walk away with this game!!

jdsdaguy
01-11-2009, 06:16 AM
for real????? is there any officiating team that does call a good game when the steelers play?:banging:

GBMelBlount
01-11-2009, 06:51 AM
i just hope they call a fair game.. i cant take screaming at the officials on top of the players.. not in the playoffs.

I like good games but I'd like to see us take them out early so that the refs are hopefully a non factor.

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 07:34 AM
actually, with the coin toss debacle, that was Phil Luckett ...

Thanksgiving, 1998
The first was an overtime coin toss on Thanksgiving, 1998 between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Detroit Lions. The referee microphone only picked up Pittsburgh captain Jerome Bettis calling "tails."[1] The toss was "tails", and Luckett called the Lions as the coin toss winners. Bettis insisted that he had called "tails", and Luckett insisted that (Bettis) had called "heads-tails," meaning that Bettis said "heads" first. The Steelers argued the call to no avail and Bettis denied Luckett's claim. The Lions scored a field goal on their first possession of the overtime to win the game................

Yep - you're right SGTN7! :drink: I remember Luckett very well - he was a terrible ref and I don't know how he lasted so long in the league.

I really don't care who the officiating team is today, as long as they call the game fairly (and bring their seeing eye dogs). :chuckle:

Texasteel
01-11-2009, 07:53 AM
The refs are pick for having to top grades during the season aren't they. So the refs will be honest as long as the commish,,,,,,,,,,, Oh never mind.

markymarc
01-11-2009, 11:08 AM
All that I ask if either let them play or call it evenly on both sides. And for the love of god please call a hold on the tackles and guards taking down Harrison. In any case the players just have to come out kick some ass and don't let it come down to officiating.