PDA

View Full Version : JETS to give Callahan a second look

Big D
01-11-2009, 08:03 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/11/second-interviews-coming-for-schottenheimer-callahan/

As the Jets continue to search for a new head coach whose primary job duties will include deferring to G.M. Mike Tannenbaum and taking the fall for him if the team doesn’t succeed, the team will give second interviews to two members of the coaching staff whose captain was deemed unfit to continue in his job.

Per Jay Glazer of FOX, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and assistant head coach/offensive line Bill Callahan will receive second interviews.

Callahan previously coached the Raiders, and took them to Super Bowl XXXVII. He didn’t last long after that, however, and he later was a train wreck as the head coach of Nebraska.

Schottenheimer, the son of Marty, had drawn praise for his skills and has received some past consideration for a top job elsewhere. This year, however, none of the other teams seeking new head coaches have interviewed him.

Also, multiple media outlets have reported that Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan will interview for the job for a first time on Sunday morning. Frankly, if the Ravens keep winning, the only way the Jets wouldn’t hire him is if Tannenbaum fears that the son of Buddy Ryan might figure out that Tannenbaum should be selling insurance.

As a life long cornhusker die hard. I don't know how the jets feel callahan is qualified to be a head coach. This will chase favre out of new york if nothing else will

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 08:56 AM
This will chase favre out of new york if nothing else will
that is what most jets fan want anyway. they were divided when the favre trade happen and they really didnt want him after he choked in their last few games of the season, and costing them a division title to the dolphins.

Big D
01-11-2009, 09:07 AM
that is what most jets fan want anyway. they were divided when the favre trade happen and they really didnt want him after he choked in their last few games of the season, and costing them a division title to the dolphins.

I think Favre would be OK if he would condition in the offseason and spend time at the jets facilitys opposed to chasing chickens. I've always said the guy is no different then T.O. just a drama queen

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 09:09 AM
i agree, but he will drag out this am i going to retire stuff and put the jets in the same position as the packers. the fans dont want him back according to the jets board i am a member of.

Big D
01-11-2009, 09:39 AM
i agree, but he will drag out this am i going to retire stuff and put the jets in the same position as the packers. the fans dont want him back according to the jets board i am a member of.

Lets be honest about something? Is Favre worth keeping? If I were the gm I would make the decision for favre. See ya later

TackleMeBen
01-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Lets be honest about something? Is Favre worth keeping? If I were the gm I would make the decision for favre. See ya later
if i were the gm. i would be like thanks but we are moving on. have a nice retirement. but that is me, i am not the jets gm. :chuckle: