PDA

View Full Version : AFC Divisional Playoff Game - Steelers v. Chargers 1/11/09

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

touchdownward
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Great game today. I'll savor this one for a couple of days before I start worrying about the Nevermores. Who am I kidding, I'm gearing up for them now.

Stang909
01-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Pittsburgh is going to the Super Bowl!!!!

Please don't say that yet. It is extremely hard to beat a team 3 times in a row in one year. I have all the faith in the world that we will do it but we dont need to be looking past the Vultures.

Preacher
01-11-2009, 11:09 PM
since 1970 teams are 11-7 in their third meeting (after winning their 1st two).

That adage about how difficult it is to beat a time three times in a season is a myth.

18 times has a team had a chance to make it a 3 game sweep and 11 of those 18 times they succeeded (that's a 61.11% success rate).

I'm feeling good about meeting the rats next week.

Please don't say that yet. It is extremely hard to beat a team 3 times in a row in one year. I have all the faith in the world that we will do it but we dont need to be looking past the Vultures.

I find it amazing that this myth is pushed so much and is so prevalent!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-11-2009, 11:33 PM

Doesn't matter what we do, as long as our team plays it one game at a time...

Sadly I was at work for this game, I got to see the first half during lunch though. I had my girlfriend calling me with game details, but she doesn't know too much about football yet. She called me extremely excited to tell me that "WE JUST INTERCEPTED THE BALL, I THINK IT WAS PARKER!"

Ah well, I will get her trained eventually. The highlight of my night was when a whole family of Chargers fans came in wearing their powder blue jerseys and dragging their feet.

Preacher
01-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Doesn't matter what we do, as long as our team plays it one game at a time...

Sadly I was at work for this game, I got to see the first half during lunch though. I had my girlfriend calling me with game details, but she doesn't know too much about football yet. She called me extremely excited to tell me that "WE JUST INTERCEPTED THE BALL, I THINK IT WAS PARKER!"

Ah well, I will get her trained eventually. The highlight of my night was when a whole family of Chargers fans came in wearing their powder blue jerseys and dragging their feet.

:laughing:

HILARIOUS!

At least she said "we."

stillers4me
01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Well....my sister told me one time that Hines Ward intercepted the ball. :hunch:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-13-2009, 09:59 PM
:laughing:

HILARIOUS!

At least she said "we."

Yeah, she did say "we". At least she is part of the team huh? Although she described the guy that intercepted the ball as "he didn't have big hair, but he was tall and thin"... That describes Foote perfectly...lol!

lol, yeah... I am getting her trained! Next step is to get her town waving technique down:tt03:

Oh, and she asked for a Steelers jersey for Valentines day! I think I am going to marry this one!:thumbsup: