PDA

View Full Version : Myron and the Power of the Terrible Towel!

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 11:57 AM
The Bungles and now the Titans have suffered the consequences of desecrating Myron's Terrible Towel.

Myron is up there in heaven today, with The Chief, waving that :tt02: like mad in cheering on his Steelers . . . our Steelers! :tt: Other than his family, there was no greater love in Myron's life than the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Let's remember this awesome man today and how much he meant not only to the Steelers organization, but to the mentally disabled children at the Allegheny Valley School where all of the proceeds from sales of the Terrible Towel go.

Whether you are going to the game, at the bar or at home, don't forget to join Myron and The Chief in waving that :tt02: throughout the game this afternoon!

I've always loved this video and for those who haven't seen it, enjoy and LETS GO STEELERS!!!:tt03:

WhSWsNP-3ME

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 12:00 PM
We'll really understand the effects of the Towel if Tennesee misses the playoffs the next couple seasons. Cincy has never been the same but they paid a direct harsh price for disrespect.

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Here is another video with Steelers fans paying tribute to Myron. Very moving and proves how much Myron meant to the Steelers, their fans and the City of Pittsburgh.

1LeMj1R1-nU

sdchargeher
01-11-2009, 12:09 PM
We'll really understand the effects of the Towel if Tennesee misses the playoffs the next couple seasons. Cincy has never been the same but they paid a direct harsh price for disrespect.

Sorry the Chargers are immune to any effects of the terrible towle once playoff time rolls around. I still have memories of Chris Mims in 94 twirling and stomping on the terrible towel as we beat the steelers with the best defense in the league. Today will be no different Chargers win 24-13 GOOOOOoO BOLTTTTSSS!!!

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Sorry the Chargers are immune to any effects of the terrible towle once playoff time rolls around. I still have memories of Chris Mims in 94 twirling and stomping on the terrible towel as we beat the steelers with the best defense in the league. Today will be no different Chargers win 24-13 GOOOOOoO BOLTTTTSSS!!!

Yep, and what happened two weeks later? Oh yeah - Young torched you for a still-record number of TDS passes in a SB game. How many AFCCGs have you won since?

SteelCityKing
01-11-2009, 12:13 PM
i think baby Jesus was wrapped in a Terrible Towel when he was born in the manger back in the day!

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 12:14 PM
I've got my Dad's original Terrible Towels out today and am ready for them to do their magic. Along with Myron and The Chief I know my Dad's up there watching this game today too and rooting harder than anybody for them to win.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 12:15 PM
i think baby Jesus was wrapped in a Terrible Towel when he was born in the manger back in the day!

:thumbsup: Haha good stuff!

SteelCityKing
01-11-2009, 12:17 PM
:thumbsup: Haha good stuff!

it's good stuff...only because it's true!

Cowher, Noll, and Tomlin were the 3 wisemen!

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 12:19 PM
it's good stuff...only because it's true!

Cowher, Noll, and Tomlin were the 3 wisemen! ha!

I'd love to see a picture of that!!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd love to see a picture of that!!!!!!!!!

That would be a funny picture!!! We do have visual proof Jesus is a Steelers fan though...

http://blastmagazineblogs.com/posterboy/files/2008/05/21108.jpg

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 12:29 PM
That would be a funny picture!!! We do have visual proof Jesus is a Steelers fan though...

http://blastmagazineblogs.com/posterboy/files/2008/05/21108.jpg

He must have season tickets.......they show him every game. :tt03:

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I've got my Dad's original Terrible Towels out today and am ready for them to do their magic. Along with Myron and The Chief I know my Dad's up there watching this game today too and rooting harder than anybody for them to win.

My Dad and Myron were lifelong buddies and I know Dad is up there right along with your dad, The Chief and Myron waving his TT like mad! :tt02::hatsoff:

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 12:30 PM
My Dad and Myron were lifelong buddies and I know Dad is up there right along with your dad, The Chief and Myron waving his TT like mad! :tt02::hatsoff:

How can we possibly lose??? :drink:

devilsdancefloor
01-11-2009, 12:34 PM

not immune sorry you have sucked since then! remind me how many super bowls you have won or even better how many super bowls you played in?

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 12:35 PM
How can we possibly lose??? :drink:

We can't, especially since it's been proven God Himself is a Steelers fan! :wink02::drink:

VTsteel
01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
The Bungles and now the Titans have suffered the consequences of desecrating Myron's Terrible Towel.

Myron is up there in heaven today, with The Chief, waving that :tt02: like mad in cheering on his Steelers . . . our Steelers! :tt: Other than his family, there was no greater love in Myron's life than the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Let's remember this awesome man today and how much he meant not only to the Steelers organization, but to the mentally disabled children at the Allegheny Valley School where all of the proceeds from sales of the Terrible Towel go.

Whether you are going to the game, at the bar or at home, don't forget to join Myron and The Chief in waving that :tt02: throughout the game this afternoon!

I've always loved this video and for those who haven't seen it, enjoy and LETS GO STEELERS!!!:tt03:

WhSWsNP-3ME

YOI! Steeler Mania . . . Love it!

Thanks HTG :thumbsup:

SteelCityKing
01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Jesus has season tickets!? man, he was on the waiting list for a REALLY long time. unless the 3 Wisemen brought Gold, Frankenscence, Mur, and luxury box seats for Mary and Joseph too!

westcoastransplant
01-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Anybody else find it funny watching the Titans game yesterday and seeing all those blue towells? Then I tune in the Giants game and see them waiving the whote towells. What's the saying: often imitated, never duplicated. I went to a Dodger game during the playoffs last year and they handed towells out to everybody. My friend had a hard time so I said don't worry, I'm a Steelers fan. I'll show you how its done. :tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 01:48 PM

And how have the playoffs worked out for you since you desecrated the towel????? I see, if you're happy with that, go for it. :tt02:

Edman
01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
The Chargers didn't win the Super Bowl(In fact they got clobbered), and suffered several losing seasons and missing the playoffs for a decade.

No, San Diego was not immune.

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
And how have the playoffs worked out for you since you desecrated the towel????? I see, if you're happy with that, go for it. :tt02:

:laughing::drink::tt02:

Truth hurts, huh? :chuckle: