PDA

View Full Version : Ward and Hampton named Alternates for PB

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 01:42 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05357/626843.stm

Friday, December 23, 2005

By Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Because a handful of players regularly seem to beg off Pro Bowl duty, anybody who achieves alternate status may well find himself in Hawaii the week after the Super Bowl.

For the Steelers, though, the alternate designation wasn't sprinkled as liberally around their locker room as usual.

Nose tackle Casey Hampton was named a first alternate and receiver Hines Ward a second alternate, jeopardizing his run of participating in four consecutive Pro Bowls. No other Steelers yesterday had heard that they were in a similar limbo for the Feb. 12 all-star contest in Honolulu, the alternate route being the way that halfback Jerome Bettis, offensive tackle Marvel Smith and defensive end Aaron Smith reached the Pro Bowl last season.

"It really doesn't bother me," Ward said. "There were a lot of guys who should have made it. It is what it is."

Steelers officials continued to decline to divulge which players were picked as alternates.

Koopa
12-23-2005, 01:52 AM
it's still bullshit, he is better then chambers by far, f' these ppl baseing shit off of one damn game, and who is the first alternate? thank god i don't watch the pro bowl or i'd really be pissed

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 02:15 AM
yeah its still burns me up to see those 2 getting snubbed ... Ward as an alternate just doesnt seem right, he's a starter all the way, Period. So is hampton! :tt:

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Chambers is not in Wards league! And that may sound a bit biased! Poll the NFL players, they will tell you!

Suitanim
12-23-2005, 09:32 AM
I bet they both go and play...it seems every year our alternates end up heading to Hawaii...

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Still a load of Bullshit that Hines and Casey aren't in it as the voted in.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-23-2005, 11:47 AM
They weren't voted in because fans vote.Most fans only vote for people from thier favorite team,not who deserves to go more.And then many fans stuff the ballot box too.

melroseplace
12-23-2005, 12:54 PM
anyone know who the alternate in front of Hines is?

Sharkissle29
12-23-2005, 01:58 PM
they need to figure something else out with probowl voting. fans shouldnt decide. it should be the guys who face each other week in and week out, who decide

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Players should vote to. as well as fans

hmmmmmmmm
12-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Ward should be a starter in the Pro Bowl he got screwed outta that........and I havent really paid attention to Hampton so its hard to say but Ward got screwed

Koopa
12-23-2005, 03:59 PM
OMG!!! g-dub saying something nice about a steeler, wow, when i saw hmmmmmmm i said to myself aww hell here we go again. anyway hampton is a longhorn so he should be on the roster every year lol, he probably didn't deserve to start but he does deserve to be on the roster

hmmmmmmmm
12-23-2005, 04:28 PM
OMG!!! g-dub saying something nice about a steeler, wow, when i saw hmmmmmmm i said to myself aww hell here we go again. anyway

Well what do you know I figured youd be the first to say sumthin as soon as I pushed Submit Reply. Plus, ive been talkin good about Ward and Morgan

Koopa
12-23-2005, 04:33 PM
uh huh, you posted at 1:41 and i replied at 2:59, i guess your niceness only lasted for five mins now you are back to being a dick, doesn't surprise me, but anyway you did talk shit about ward always smiling so you don't always talk good about him.

hmmmmmmmm
12-23-2005, 05:02 PM
OMG that has nuthin to do with his game fool....hes one of the best in the league. He just smiles to damn much...even when hes getting hit. I guess I should be beatin with a stick for talking about him smilin...forgive me

uh huh, you posted at 1:41 and i replied at 2:59, i guess your niceness only lasted for five mins now you are back to being a dick, doesn't surprise me
I dont think a dick should call someone a dick..........just my opinion.....especially if you go back and read your first post lol. Time has nothing to do with being the first to respond to me which you always are Mr. Board Monitor lol (anyways it was a short argument you got your two replys and I got my two now leave me alone unless you got the answer to my question lol)

I havent really checked the AFC list......did any other Steeler make it besides Troy?

Koopa
12-23-2005, 05:26 PM
yeah joey porter, i have no ****ing idea why, haggans (the dude in my sig) had a way better season, hartings and faneca

MichiSteeler
12-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Chambers is not in Wards league! And that may sound a bit biased! Poll the NFL players, they will tell you!

Thats what im saying... just cuz chambers has 2 good games doesnt qualify him to snap hines' 4 year streak... :boxing: