PDA

View Full Version : Go Steelers

i82much
01-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Sort of. I'm a Ravens fan but figured we'd wind up playing you guys so wanted to start off wishing you the best in this game. If you win (and I think you will) next week should be a game for the ages.

Think it'd be cool if we dedicated this one thread to a reasonably respectful discussion on the Ravens v. Steelers AFC championship game? Let me start by saying I love the comparisons of Flacco to Big Ben. Ben doesn't always make the smartest decisions (on or off the field) but as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman said in Full Metal Jacket, "He's got guts, and guts is enough."

Good luck and hope to see you next week.

SteelCityMom
01-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Sort of. I'm a Ravens fan but figured we'd wind up playing you guys so wanted to start off wishing you the best in this game. If you win (and I think you will) next week should be a game for the ages.

Think it'd be cool if we dedicated this one thread to a reasonably respectful discussion on the Ravens v. Steelers AFC championship game? Let me start by saying I love the comparisons of Flacco to Big Ben. Ben doesn't always make the smartest decisions (on or off the field) but as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman said in Full Metal Jacket, "He's got guts, and guts is enough."

Good luck and hope to see you next week.

Thanks very much! We hope to see you next week too, it would be a helluva game no doubt!

Well done beating the Titans as well, that was one of the best games I've seen all year.

Here's to seeing each other in a week! :drink:

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
bye chargers, good bye

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks very much! We hope to see you next week too, it would be a helluva game no doubt!

Well done beating the Titans as well, that was one of the best games I've seen all year.

Here's to seeing each other in a week! :drink:

Stop hoping.

See you next week.

And as much as it pains me to say this :banging: play like today and you will probably be representing the AFC at the SB.

The Steelers are opening the whoop ass can on San Diego.

i82much
01-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Ben looked great tonight. Chargers didn't look like they belonged on the field.

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Ben looked great tonight. Chargers didn't look like they belonged on the field.

They tackled like schoolboys.

Dino 6 Rings
01-11-2009, 07:42 PM
They tackled like schoolboys.

That's because they are soft. AFC West if full of softies and butter nutts.

AFC North is where the Real Men play ball. (well at least 106 real men on 2 rosters)

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 07:42 PM
This is gonna be a hell of a game next week. Hope it snows again - that would make it complete. :drink:

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
This is gonna be a hell of a game next week. Hope it snows again - that would make it complete. :drink:

Yeah. Real snow, like 4" or so. Along with mud.

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah. Real snow, like 4" or so. Along with mud.

Think the Ravens have the adrenaline? I don't.

i82much
01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Ravens looked wore out yesterday. We can really use that extra day of rest. But I can't imagine the Ravens not showing up against Pittsburgh. This will be a classic.

devilsdancefloor
01-11-2009, 08:05 PM
the ravens always save their best games to play us no matter what! :drink: here is to leaving it all on the field and no injuries!:drink: