PDA

View Full Version : AFCCG... Oh My...

Preacher
01-11-2009, 07:41 PM
This will be a smack your mother kick your father and throw the dog over the fence backyard brawl.

It is going to be ugly, brutal, and awesome football!.

revefsreleets
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
I hate the Rats. Mostly their fans...generally ignorant. But, man, if we smack them down 3 times in one year we will OWN them for years to come. 3 losses in one year just breaks a teams back.

Hannity_on_Holmes
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I was going to wait for the game to be over to make a comment. but i think a 35-17 lead will suffice HEHEHE.

Its time for the stillers to muster together some gadget plays and go to the super bowl.

Edman
01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
It will no doubt be a tough game. Even if Baltimore looked outmatched for the most part against Tennesee.

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I hate the Rats. Mostly their fans...generally ignorant. But, man, if we smack them down 3 times in one year we will OWN them for years to come. 3 losses in one year just breaks a teams back.

If you beat the Ravens three times this year, you will own the bragging rights for years to come.

But I have a novel idea: let's play the game first! :flap:

Crushzilla
01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I was going to wait for the game to be over to make a comment. but i think a 35-17 lead will suffice HEHEHE.

Its time for the stillers to muster together some gadget plays and go to the super bowl.

We've yet to see if they drew anything up for Dixon.

millwalldavey
01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm a bit intimidated by a 3rd game. At least its in the Temple of Champions.

Preacher
01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
No Lose!

The Duke
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
3rd game doesn't scare me

Bring the rats!!

I love this rivalry so much

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 08:05 PM
3rd game doesn't scare me

Bring the rats!!

I love this rivalry so much

I feel sorry :laughing: for the Eagles and Cardinals. No one is going to be talking much about the NFCC this week.

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
This game with Baltimore is gonna be low scoring.

10-9 final score..............

sdnunes
01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
I know it's supposedly tough to beat a team three times in one season, but I think this game will be the most one-sided of the three. The Steelers came away injury-free and their offense is back on track. Plus, Joe Flacco's "rookie" game is going to come at some point. I think it's going to be Sunday in Pittsburgh.

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I feel sorry :laughing: for the Eagles and Cardinals. No one is going to be talking much about the NFCC this week.

Ohh yes they will. Its the freakin Cardinals.....plus the fact that their title game will pit #4 vs #6. Most didnt think those teams would be alive and here they both are one game from the Bowl.

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Ohh yes they will. Its the freakin Cardinals.....plus the fact that their title game will pit #4 vs #6. Most didnt think those teams would be alive and here they both are one game from the Bowl.

Really, whodathunk it?

I know it's supposedly tough to beat a team three times in one season, but I think this game will be the most one-sided of the three. The Steelers came away injury-free and their offense is back on track. Plus, Joe Flacco's "rookie" game is going to come at some point. I think it's going to be Sunday in Pittsburgh

The injury-free thing may come into play. A few people here posted last week they were glad the Ravens were playing Tennessee, as they would probably beat the hell out of each other. That happened.

I don't know about Flacco, though. He really doesn't seem to look at these games any differently than he does regular season games. Honestly, it's a little eerie.

Edman
01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Joe Flacco's rookie game has come already. Difference here is that Baltimore's D forced turnovers. Flacco was mortal against Miami and Tennesee.

Baltimore D's scares me in this game.

Pentheon
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I know it's supposedly tough to beat a team three times in one season, but I think this game will be the most one-sided of the three. The Steelers came away injury-free and their offense is back on track. Plus, Joe Flacco's "rookie" game is going to come at some point. I think it's going to be Sunday in Pittsburgh.

At first I was thinking its gonna be just like the other 2 games...but now im thinking were gonna win by a little more this time, not a big margin but maybe 10

MACH1
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM

The real SB is next week....:wink02:

X-Terminator
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Really, whodathunk it?

The injury-free thing may come into play. A few people here posted last week they were glad the Ravens were playing Tennessee, as they would probably beat the hell out of each other. That happened.

I don't know about Flacco, though. He really doesn't seem to look at these games any differently than he does regular season games. Honestly, it's a little eerie.

Injuries or not, I expect the Rats to bring everything they've got. This isn't going to be any different than any other Steelers-Rats game - both teams had better stock up on painkillers, because there is going to be a lot of pain inflicted next week.

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Joe Flacco's rookie game has come already. Difference here is that Baltimore's D forced turnovers. Flacco was mortal against Miami and Tennesee.

Yep.......as fans we all might have to sport mouthpieces just to watch this game. Chinstraps will have to be pulled a lil bit tighter, skin will have to be a lil bit thicker and of course.............of course theres Hines friggin Ward...........always know where Hines is. Baltimore cant sleep one minute when "that man" is on the field.

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 08:17 PM

It scares me, too.

Suggs got injured (how bad I don't know), Washington got injured (same) and the rest of the D seemed to slow down by the 3rd Qtr.

Granted, they still won the game, but the Steelers looked fresh and hungry today.

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
At first I was thinking its gonna be just like the other 2 games...but now im thinking were gonna win by a little more this time, not a big margin but maybe 10

There might not be 10 total points scored in this game..........Probably might be a stretch to get 10 total first downs. Baltimore is comin at us. HARD.

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Isn't it exciting though?

I love playing the Steelers, at work I have a friend who is a big Steelers fan and we just sit and talk about Football for hours... oh and pick on the poor Browns fan.... ;p

Preacher
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
There might not be 10 total points scored in this game..........Probably might be a stretch to get 10 total first downs. Baltimore is comin at us. HARD.

yep.

It is going to be a HARD fought game.... bloody and brutal!

X-Terminator
01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, whoever wins this game will be thanking God there's 2 weeks before the SB.

Man, I just love this rivalry! It's everything that football should be about, not sissified pantywaist teams like the Cowgirls and Pats*!

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Bring it baby!!! TERRIBLE TOWELS FOR THE WIN!!!!

GridironWarrior
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Winner of this game wins the Super Bowl.

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Here is to a good game and whoever comes out of it I hope is injury free and feeds the NFC some of that good ol' AFC North football.... :drink:

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Here is to a good game and whoever comes out of it I hope is injury free and feeds the NFC some of that good ol' AFC North football.... :drink:

Here, here!

Rivalry aside, I hope whoever wins brings the VL Trophy home to the AFCN.

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Winner of this game wins the Super Bowl.

I think so too..........I hate Baltimore more than anything but if they win, theyll have to earn it and they'll feel theyve earned it (If they win). But if we dont rep the AFC, Baltimore's gonna do a fine job reppin the AFC.

Steel_Bus_24
01-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! HERE WE GO!!!!:tt03:

That was old school Steeler football....what a great sight

pounding the rock, making big pass plays on PA

17 secs T.O.P for the Chargers in the 3rd:rofl:

Except for our Secondary play today...Thats how I want them to roll

Should be a good one next week...but Im going to enjoy this one:tt03:

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Rats/Steelers games are always extremely physical. Looks like we came out of this game with no injuries and that's a good thing as we're going to need everyone healthy going against the Rats. Gonna be a war! :bringit:

cubanstogie
01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I think so too..........I hate Baltimore more than anything but if they win, theyll have to earn it and they'll feel theyve earned it (If they win). But if we dont rep the AFC, Baltimore's gonna do a fine job reppin the AFC.

I do hate them as well, like the Ravens fan hate the Steelers. But you couldn't watch the game yesterday and not appreciate that defense. I have never seen more helmets fly off than that game. It was fun to watch.

Jaquila
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
SB just got a new date people its now on Jan.18=D
god im already pumped up about this game, im confident about that we are going to win but a 3rd game against the Ratties scares the crap out of me too. its gonna be the game of the season and im lookin foward to it!!
its gonna be such a great game!! 2 best teams in the AFC... no the whole NFL!!
im just waiting for sunday!!!
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!:tt03:

G7!
01-11-2009, 08:58 PM
This is the game the AFC needed. While the Steelers won the first two games it is hard to deny that those games were very close and the Ravens controlled momentum for the majority of both games. The Ravens just need to finish strong in the last minutes this time.

Preacher
01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
This is the game the AFC needed. While the Steelers won the first two games it is hard to deny that those games were very close and the Ravens controlled momentum for the majority of both games. The Ravens just need to finish strong in the last minutes this time.

I don't think the Ravens had the momentum though the majority of the games. . . I think the defenses of both teams had the momentum against the offenses.

This game will be fascinating, because our offense is finally hitting on all cyclinders, but your offense has stepped up very well too.

ANYONE who is confident of a win, in EITHER fan base, is utterly foolish going into next week!

It is the exact type of game that should be played at this time of the year!

ShutDown24
01-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't want to put Joe Flacco down as he has had a great rookie season... But the dude is seriously overrated.

With the Steelers looking as fresh as they did today, I'm almost sorry to say (I want it to be a good game) that the Ravens don't scare me nearly as much as I feel they should.

I think we win next week maybe more handily than we did tonight. I just think that Baltimore is out of gas at this point where as the Steelers recently pulled out of Sheetz.

welder4pit
01-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Gonna be played like football should be played.

KeiselPower99
01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Im so stocked right now. Willie showed that he is healthy and not washed up. Ben shook off the concussion and the O line remembered why they was here. And Arians remembered who was are. Man I cant wait for the Ratbirds!!!

Preacher
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
This is going to be a LONG week!

4G63
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't want to put Joe Flacco down as he has had a great rookie season... But the dude is seriously overrated.

With the Steelers looking as fresh as they did today, I'm almost sorry to say (I want it to be a good game) that the Ravens don't scare me nearly as much as I feel they should.

I think we win next week maybe more handily than we did tonight. I just think that Baltimore is out of gas at this point where as the Steelers recently pulled out of Sheetz.

There may be some truth to that. We haven't had a bye since Week 2 and we got banged up in the Tits game. I think the Ravens will be fired up though. You just know both teams are gonna leave it all on the field....

Here's to a great AFC Championship game. It wouldn't be the best of the AFC unless it was the Ravens-Steelers!!!

Blitzburgh_Fever
01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh come on, if you're saying 3 games against the Ravens don't scare you, you're lying.

It's hard to beat good teams twice, much less a third time when most people didn't give that team more than four games.

It's going to be brutal, and the AFC could end cannibalizing itself. Still, I don't think the finesse-style offense of either the Eagles or the Cardinals can hold a candle to either defense, barring major injury.

i82much
01-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Apparently like 65% of the time a team wins the first 2, it wins the third. On the other hand, I doubt in most of those cases the first two games were decided by a total of 7 points.

However, since this is the year where nothing goes according to plan, I predict either a blowout or a track meet.

Not really.

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh come on, if you're saying 3 games against the Ravens don't scare you, you're lying.

It's hard to beat good teams twice, much less a third time when most people didn't give that team more than four games.

It's going to be brutal, and the AFC could end cannibalizing itself. Still, I don't think the finesse-style offense of either the Eagles or the Cardinals can hold a candle to either defense, barring major injury.

If you beat someone twice, there is a reason. We are the better team, here's hoping we prove it!!!!:tt02:

Preacher
01-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Once again, that isn't true. STatistics say that 65 percent of the time, we win that game.

However, you are dead on right. It will be a brutal game.

Preacher
01-11-2009, 09:48 PM
There may be some truth to that. We haven't had a bye since Week 2 and we got banged up in the Tits game. I think the Ravens will be fired up though. You just know both teams are gonna leave it all on the field....

Here's to a great AFC Championship game. It wouldn't be the best of the AFC unless it was the Ravens-Steelers!!!

I agree. I also think the Ravens are the type of team that they would rather knock us out and lose in the SB then ive us a chance to win, but save themselves for the SB as well. There is just that much hatred between the two.

they will be completely up for the game. The question is whether their bodies will betray their minds next week. Can they simply withstand it? That is why we play the game.

It will be fun to watch!

stlrtruck
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Granted, they still won the game, but the Steelers looked fresh and hungry today.

And Tomlin better make sure they keep that freshness and hunger come next Sunday at 6pm (who the hell made this schedule)!

It's an old school beat down coming. These teams hate each other the field, the fans hate each other during the game, and this is for rights for a trip to my back yard!!!

4G63
01-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Once again, that isn't true. STatistics say that 65 percent of the time, we win that game.

However, you are dead on right. It will be a brutal game.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/dkr624/ot/SexPanther.jpg

^ That bolded comment made me think of that.....

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 10:04 PM
lmao

Preacher
01-11-2009, 10:16 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/dkr624/ot/SexPanther.jpg

^ That bolded comment made me think of that.....

:chuckle:

That's funny.

Actually, the reason I posted what I did was everyone is talking about how hard it is to win three games against the same team in the NFL. The fact is, it isn't as difficult has everyone says.

Personally, I say we have a 50/50 chance of winning. Well, not winning, but living. This WILL be a "last man standing" type game.

4G63
01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Personally, I say we have a 50/50 chance of winning. Well, not winning, but living. This WILL be a "last man standing" type game.

And we wouldn't want it any other way!!! :wink02:

devilsdancefloor
01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
This game is the commishes worst nightmare!! NO pansy championship game good ol' hard nose football!!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Yea the whole 3rd game doesnt mean much. Both teams will go out and play hard no matter what. McGahee on ESPN said that the last 2 times they played Steelers that it's been about finishing.

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 10:26 PM

I wish I could be as confident, but I just can't. I've expected Baltimore to fall for weeks now due to the extremely early bye and playing so many weeks in a row, but they seem to keep getting stronger and stronger, particularly mentally. We'll have our hands full next Sunday.

steel9guy
heck yeah. I'd like to whoop no other team to go to the Superbowl than the rats!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

stillers4me
This game is the commishes worst nightmare!! NO pansy championship game good ol' hard nose football!!

And a Superbowl with no Manning or Tom Brady. Maybe he'll cancel it this year.

steelreserve
01-11-2009, 10:32 PM

They'll still find a way to name Brady the Super Bowl MVP, or else Favre.

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 10:33 PM
They'll still find a way to name Brady the Super Bowl MVP....

He'll probably get to flip the coin again at the SB. :mad:

4G63
01-11-2009, 10:34 PM

The 3 top defenses are still alive. All the 'media darling' QB's are out. The NFL would want Donovan McNabb to get to the SB too......

steelreserve
01-11-2009, 10:35 PM
He'll probably get to flip the coin again at the SB. :mad:

Well, maybe he'll tear his other ACL doing that.

Has anyone ever torn their ACL during the coin flip?

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 10:35 PM
They'll still find a way to name Brady the Super Bowl MVP, or else Favre.

Hehehe, that's funny cause it's true, Brady and Favre co MVPs of the SB!!!:toofunny:

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 10:36 PM

We could arrange that. :wink02:

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 10:37 PM

And 80%+ of the commercials during the SB will feature Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, or both of them.

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
And 80%+ of the commercials during the SB will feature Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, or both of them.

I don't mind that, the weather here IS SWEET!!!! HAHAHAHA

steelreserve
01-11-2009, 10:40 PM

What, like a guy-on-guy action thing?

RavenManiac
01-11-2009, 11:01 PM
My football team and I would like to announce, "It is on like Donkey Kong." :drink:

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I hope the Williams sisters like totally own the Mannings!!@!@!@!@!@

JackHammer
01-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm not worried about playing them for a third time, because it makes no difference. It's gonna be a classic Steelers vs. Ravens game whether it's the 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 100th time we played them. Throw the records out the window and bring the pain. This is the kind of match up that makes for a GREAT game, and I can't wait to see it :tt03:

That being said, I like the Steelers in this one. For starters, the obvious: The Ravens D is hobbled and they haven't been rested since Moses was alive. Home field advantage will be huge, especially with this D. Just tonight, a 30+ year season ticket holder called DVE and said that, "For the first time, Heinz Field felt like TRS did when the Steel Curtain roamed the turf."(paraphrasing). To call it a hostile environment would be an understatement.

Another big thing that I think falls in favor of the Stillers: Look on both sides of the ball. We have guys all over the roster who have been in BIG games and made BIG plays. Big Ben, Fast Willie, Hines, Heath, Jeff Reed, Big Snack, Polamalu, Ike, Harrison, Farrior, Aaron Smith, Keisel, Deshea, Carter, and Hoke are all guys who have solid playoff AND Super Bowl experience. I expect them to keep making big plays and be solid in general, especially with some support from the young guys who haven't been here before(ie Woodley, Holmes, Timmons, etc).

:tt03:

BozMan
01-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm looking for James Harrison to have another HUGE game next week. He always comes up big against Baltimore (his former team), especially at home.

RavenManiac
01-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I am trying to convince myself I like our chances, but it is very hard to do, for all of the reasons you stated. At this point I am praying that Tomlin plays it very safe and the score stays low and close, in which case we might be able to steal one. That is about all I can hope for, realistically, after watching this weekend's results.

cubanstogie
01-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Somethings up, I have never seen such humble Ravens' fans. Kinda scares me.

tony hipchest
01-11-2009, 11:18 PM
ravens have lost 7 of the last 8 times in PGH.

i feel really good about facing a rookie qb but it is possibly the best qb the ravens have ever had.

i expect flacco to look like ben vs the patriots in 04.

i also laught that he is more accomplished than carson palmer. :laughing:

WisconsinSteelerMan
01-11-2009, 11:21 PM
HOMER ALERT!!! I just watched 12-13 hours of football this weekend. What I saw in the Rats/Tits game this weekend doesn't particularly scare me. Yep, they are #2 in defense, but we are #1 in Defense!!

Their offense is not ready for a completely healthy Steeler Defense who will be all ready to go come Sunday. Their defense gets tired early. If we can do what we did today in pounding the rock and accurately throwing it, we win this one going away...I don't care how many times we have played them this year.

Additionally, if we can make one or two of those long throws that we attempted today, it won't even be close...

OK... End of Homer Alert....

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

JackHammer
01-11-2009, 11:26 PM

I just keep knocking on wood every time I think I feel good about this game, and when hear a humble birds fan.

LVSteelersfan
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Did you watch the Ravens/Titans game? The Titans totally outplayed them most of the game. Except for those turnovers the Titans were kicking butt most of the game. I was not particularly impressed with the Ravens D in that one. Of course, that means nothing in this game, but it gave me hope that the game is within our reach for sure.

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 11:39 PM

I hope so, I really do. :hope:

Preacher
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM
ravens have lost 7 of the last 8 times in PGH.

i feel really good about facing a rookie qb but it is possibly the best qb the ravens have ever had.

i also laught that he is more accomplished than carson palmer. :laughing:

Hilarious!!

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 11:50 PM

I'm sure there is fans on both sides that ruin it for as all.

As I have said before I have personally never met a Steelers fan that I didn't like.

Do I want to the Steelers to succeed against the Ravens, HELLS NO! I would give up a random stranger's child to keep that from happening.

But I don't see the point in not being respectful. I respect what the Steelers have done, they have won FIVE championships. I mean there is not way I can not respect that. They have had some of the best teams in NFL history and well I like the owners, i think they are really stand up people.

In 2005 I was rooting for you guys hardcore during your playoff push.

I hope we beat you guys silly but personally I plan on being a good sport win or lose.

4G63
01-11-2009, 11:50 PM

I just keep knocking on wood every time I think I feel good about this game, and when hear a humble birds fan.

I'm new here, but I've always been a humble Ravens fan. I always feel like we can improve in areas, but I'm glad we've finally found a QB. Flacco is gonna be a great QB for us and I hope he pisses you guys off for years'.

Honestly, most Ravens fans are amazed we made the Playoffs this year. We would have been ecstatic going 8-8 with a rookie QB and coach. At this point, everything is gravy.........As they say though, to be the best you've got to beat the best! You guys have eeked out 2 wins this year and we'd love to go to the SB through Pittsburgh!!!!

Preacher
01-11-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm sure there is fans on both sides that ruin it for as all.

As I have said before I have personally never met a Steelers fan that I didn't like.

Do I want to the Steelers to succeed against the Ravens, HELLS NO! I would give up a random stranger's child to keep that from happening.

But I don't see the point in not being respectful. I respect what the Steelers have done, they have won FIVE championships. I mean there is not way I can not respect that. They have had some of the best teams in NFL history and well I like the owners, i think they are really stand up people.

In 2005 I was rooting for you guys hardcore during your playoff push.

I hope we beat you guys silly but personally I plan on being a good sport win or lose.

I'm new here, but I've always been a humble Ravens fan. I always feel like we can improve in areas, but I'm glad we've finally found a QB. Flacco is gonna be a great QB for us and I hope he pisses you guys off for years'.

Honestly, most Ravens fans are amazed we made the Playoffs this year. We would have been ecstatic going 8-8 with a rookie QB and coach. At this point, everything is gravy.........As they say though, to be the best you've got to beat the best! You guys have eeked out 2 wins this year and we'd love to go to the SB through Pittsburgh!!!!

I swear I am dreaming. I thought we'd be getting trolls in here, and instead we get Ratbird fans that are respectful and want to talk football with realistic expectations? Dang.

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 11:56 PM
.... I'm glad we've finally found a QB. Flacco is gonna be a great QB for us and I hope he pisses you guys off for years'.

I have a feeling Flacco is gonna be a thorn in our sides for years, the same way McNair and Brunell were when the Titans and Jags were still in the old AFC Central with us.

4G63
01-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I swear I am dreaming. I thought we'd be getting trolls in here, and instead we get Ratbird fans that are respectful and want to talk football with realistic expectations? Dang.

I gotta be honest. Some of the Stooler fans I've met in person and online were some of the biggest homer assholes you'd ever meet. I kinda lurked here during the game tonight to see how you guys were. I was pleasantly surprised and decided to join.

I love having good conversations about football with all fans. I get tired of hearing the "Flacco is terrible, Big Ben is GOD" and "Ray the Murderer" bullshit sometimes, but you take the good with the bad. Its always been my feeling that both these teams' fans that are knowledgeable about football respect each others' teams and fans. Of course, we've both got our homers who see that neither team can do no wrong........

:drink:

KYMDFAN
01-12-2009, 12:21 AM
If it will make you guys feel better I'll throw in a

"you suck Squeelers"

maybe add a little

"I hope all the players on your team live long and healthy lives...."

Wait that one wasn't what I meant, hmm.... try that again...

"I hope all the squeelers players lose and cry to their mommys."

is it mommys or mommies?

And i'll end it with a

"may the better team win."

was that the trash talking you wanted? feel better now :p

Preacher
01-12-2009, 12:28 AM
I gotta be honest. Some of the Stooler fans I've met in person and online were some of the biggest homer assholes you'd ever meet. I kinda lurked here during the game tonight to see how you guys were. I was pleasantly surprised and decided to join.

I love having good conversations about football with all fans. I get tired of hearing the "Flacco is terrible, Big Ben is GOD" and "Ray the Murderer" bullshit sometimes, but you take the good with the bad. Its always been my feeling that both these teams' fans that are knowledgeable about football respect each others' teams and fans. Of course, we've both got our homers who see that neither team can do no wrong........

If it will make you guys feel better I'll throw in a

"you suck Squeelers"

maybe add a little

"I hope all the players on your team live long and healthy lives...."

Wait that one wasn't what I meant, hmm.... try that again...

"I hope all the squeelers players lose and cry to their mommys."

is it mommys or mommies?

And i'll end it with a

"may the better team win."

was that the trash talking you wanted? feel better now :p

Much! :thumbsup:

Seriously, If this is what you bring on a daily basis, welcome aboard! This week will be a long week with lots of time to wonder and fret. . . and as I have said, anyone from either team who doesn't fret this game is blind.

So good to meet ya, have a good week, and may teh Steelers win! :wink02:

(BTW, Ratbirds suck and Flacco is horrible--Ben is better than Manning, Brady, and Marino put together!) :chuckle:

JEFF4i
01-12-2009, 12:28 AM
GO STEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS SSSSS!

Heaven knows I've said that lots today. People in the apartment above me even heard, ha!

KYMDFAN
01-12-2009, 12:31 AM
GO STEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS SSSSS!

Heaven knows I've said that lots today. People in the apartment above me even heard, ha!

should've heard me during the Ravens game.... I kept running back and forth, pacing up and down the hallway screaming.... I get this bad problem where I punch things when I get upset during the game so I set up some stuffed animals my ex-girlfriend left at my house. Kicked the damn elephant clear across the apartment!!!!!

JEFF4i
01-12-2009, 12:33 AM
should've heard me during the Ravens game.... I kept running back and forth, pacing up and down the hallway screaming.... I get this bad problem where I punch things when I get upset during the game so I set up some stuffed animals my ex-girlfriend left at my house. Kicked the damn elephant clear across the apartment!!!!!

My wife rarely stays in the room. I can't help myself, my body temp seems to rise, I don't blink for 4 hours, and I'm cover in black and gold. :tt02:

fansince'76
01-12-2009, 12:35 AM

I was literally hoarse by halftime today - I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops. :laughing:

KYMDFAN
01-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Much! :thumbsup:

Seriously, If this is what you bring on a daily basis, welcome aboard! This week will be a long week with lots of time to wonder and fret. . . and as I have said, anyone from either team who doesn't fret this game is blind.

So good to meet ya, have a good week, and may teh Steelers win! :wink02:

(BTW, Ratbirds suck and Flacco is horrible--Ben is better than Manning, Brady, and Marino put together!) :chuckle:

I plan on wishing the Squeelers a heartbreaking loss and hope Big Ben throws a couple of passes to Ed Reed. I even hope that the Squeelers fans are more upset then I am after the game.

I just don't plan on making a total and complete ass of myself, although my pants hang a little so I do show it quite often.

(yeah so the Squeelers are like horrible too, like totally everyone knows titanium > steel)

VegasStlrFan
01-12-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't think this will be like the others. In those we had a key player(s) out/injured. Don't know about the Rats health in those games (I'm sure I will be informed shortly) but we have a healthy squad now and the Rats are the walking wounded.

None the less, it will be a brawl no matter who they bring.

Preacher
01-12-2009, 12:43 AM
I was literally hoarse by halftime today - I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the cops. :laughing:

Me too. My wife was upstairs keeping score by the way I was screaming!

KYMDFAN
01-12-2009, 12:44 AM
To be honest, I'm not really a good trash talker.

The best I can really do is throw in a couple of "yo momma" jokes, top that off with a nananebooboo and if i'm serious i'll throw in a poo-poo head. Though I only bring that out when it's really time to get it on!!!

GO RAVENS!

SteelCurtain7
01-12-2009, 04:10 AM
I screamed myself silly when Santonio returned that punt. I went really crazy after the batted-down pass turned into a pick. I went absolutely psychotic when Ben hit Hines with that long pass.

In short, I'm glad football's mainly played in winter. That way, the neighbors aren't calling the cops on me for disturbing the peace. :rofl:

redst3
01-12-2009, 04:13 AM

No kidding! This game should be a classic.

markymarc
01-12-2009, 07:17 AM
I barely have a voice this morning and that is great! The Rats and Steelers will be a good game on Sunday night. And how awesome is it that we get to host the championship game. Finally, the fans at the game were absolutely amazing all night long. Excellent job to all the fans at Heinz Field.

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 07:44 AM
I agree. I also think the Ravens are the type of team that they would rather knock us out and lose in the SB then ive us a chance to win, but save themselves for the SB as well. There is just that much hatred between the two.

they will be completely up for the game. The question is whether their bodies will betray their minds next week. Can they simply withstand it? That is why we play the game.

It will be fun to watch!

No doubt. The Ravens gave it all up to beat the Steelers in the last regular game of the season a few years back when they could have rested players.

And that, my friends, is how football should be played, and is played, by both of these teams.

We're in for a helluva week!

BrandonCarr39
01-12-2009, 07:47 AM
It will no doubt be a tough game. Even if Baltimore looked outmatched for the most part against Tennesee.

Chris Johnson or no, the TOs definitely hurt the Titans-so protecting that ball will be the key!

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 07:57 AM

Look, it's OK (well, not really, but it's understandable) to be a flaming homer during the regular season, and maybe even into the opening rounds of the playoffs. But this is the AFC Championship and the right to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. There is no room for blind homerism here.

The facts are that the Ravens have been playing in straight weeks longer than any NFL team in history. That has to take some kind of toll, at least physically. They also played a brutally tough game against the Titans, where several players (particularly on defense) suffered injuries. Unless I was in the crapper :chuckle: and missed it, I don't think anyone on the Steelers got injured yesterday, did they? And I know everybody suffers injuries and you have to rise above that, but having a Pro Bowl LB go down, along with a starting CB and a SS who has been contributing heavily on defense and special teams may really be an obstacle the Ravens can't overcome.

The Ravens offense doesn't worry me. I know there will still be people that are going to say "this is Flacco's game to self-destruct", but they've been saying that since before the Dallas game. I think Flacco's arm and Mason/Clayton match up pretty well against the Steelers secondary, which is the weakest link in the Steelers D. And I think Heap is ready for a big game.

Uncharacteristically, this time I believe it will be the Ravens defense that is the weak spot, not the offense. So yes, humility is warranted.

Fire Haley
01-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Thank you Titans for completely blowing your easy win against a slow, ragged, beaten-to-a-pulp team.

Here We Go!

Ravenfan11
01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
We're going to smack you Appalachian inbred's silly - until you are purple!

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Thank you Titans for completely blowing your easy win against a slow, ragged, beaten-to-a-pulp team.

Here We Go!

I know! They must really be pissed about that!

Fire Haley
01-12-2009, 08:57 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1434/848209256_e15cd680f2.jpg?v=0

Is that Ray-Ray?

Kvnfaber
01-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm anticipating perhaps one of the best defensive playoff games ever. It's going to come down to turnovers and who protects the ball better. No matter who is playing on Sunday, Ray will get the D fired up against their most hated opponent.

Willie Parker may have hit his stride against the Chargers, but he won't have much room this week. The Steelers need to run enough to keep the Rats honest, and make some big plays on third down and using play action.

The Steelers Defense needs to assert themselves early, and play steady throughout. Pressure Flacco into mistakes and we win this game.

The most encouraging thing from our win this week was the O-line in both run blocking and pass blocking. They played there best game of the season yesterday, and that is simply why our offense played great. If they can carry that momentum over and play well against the Rats, it will do wonders for our offense.

I find these two teams very similar. The one glaring difference and advantage is Big Ben in clutch situations, and also his experience/toughness. Flacco has yet to show these qualities against a great defense (like Ben did both times against the rats this year).

GO STEELERS!!!!:tt::tt03::tt02::helmet:

4G63
01-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Look, it's OK (well, not really, but it's understandable) to be a flaming homer during the regular season, and maybe even into the opening rounds of the playoffs. But this is the AFC Championship and the right to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. There is no room for blind homerism here.

The facts are that the Ravens have been playing in straight weeks longer than any NFL team in history. That has to take some kind of toll, at least physically. They also played a brutally tough game against the Titans, where several players (particularly on defense) suffered injuries. Unless I was in the crapper :chuckle: and missed it, I don't think anyone on the Steelers got injured yesterday, did they? And I know everybody suffers injuries and you have to rise above that, but having a Pro Bowl LB go down, along with a starting CB and a SS who has been contributing heavily on defense and special teams may really be an obstacle the Ravens can't overcome.

The Ravens offense doesn't worry me. I know there will still be people that are going to say "this is Flacco's game to self-destruct", but they've been saying that since before the Dallas game. I think Flacco's arm and Mason/Clayton match up pretty well against the Steelers secondary, which is the weakest link in the Steelers D. And I think Heap is ready for a big game.

Uncharacteristically, this time I believe it will be the Ravens defense that is the weak spot, not the offense. So yes, humility is warranted.

I agree......the advantage favors the Stoolers just based on the amount of games we've played and we had a short week against the Tits. The extra 2 days should help our D recover though.......

4G63
01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm happy that ESPN will be blowing Roethlisberger all week as well as the Ravens being the dogs. We play better when we're the dogs and I'm sure the breaks that made your Chargers game look easy will give those in the media the ammo against the Ravens........

NJarhead
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm happy that ESPN will be blowing Roethlisberger all week as well as the Ravens being the dogs. We play better when we're the dogs and I'm sure the breaks that made your Chargers game look easy will give those in the media the ammo against the Ravens........

What ever. Like in the Giants game or the last time we played in YOUR house? All you Ravens fans (and the team themselves) loooove to play that BS Disrespect card. Do you really think your opponents don't respect you?? Especially the Steelers??

Quit blabbin' about whoever ESPN is talking about and worry about what tangible things your Ravens actually will bring to the game on Sunday.

:coffee:

shevdog
01-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I am ready to freeze again at Heinz to see the Ratbirds be road kill on the Steelers road to Super Bowl XLIII! Time to get tickets...

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 10:03 AM
What ever. Like in the Giants game or the last time we played in YOUR house? All you Ravens fans (and the team themselves) loooove to play that BS Disrespect card. Do you really think your opponents don't respect you?? Especially the Steelers??

Quit blabbin' about whoever ESPN is talking about and worry about what tangible things your Ravens actually will bring to the game on Sunday.

:coffee:

Note to all Ravens fans posting on Steelersfever:

STFU about disrespect! :banging:

There isn't any real football fan who is expecting nothing less than all-out war this Sunday. Neither team is getting "dissed." Right now the line is Steelers -5, which is exactly where I expect it to be.

The Ravens will be underdogs as far as the point spread is concerned. Beating point spreads don't get you in the Supe.

So, once again......STFU about disrespect.

NJarhead
01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Note to all Ravens fans posting on Steelersfever:

STFU about disrespect! :banging:

There isn't any real football fan who is expecting nothing less than all-out war this Sunday. Neither team is getting "dissed." Right now the line is Steelers -5, which is exactly where I expect it to be.

The Ravens will be underdogs as far as the point spread is concerned. Beating point spreads don't get you in the Supe.

So, once again......STFU about disrespect.

DACEB
01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I think I speak for many when I say Crow-Magnon is a welcome guest here.

I only have one opinion on this game, it will be war!! We'll just have to wait and see the outcome.

Steel_Bus_24
01-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Ravens fans got a lot of nerve pulling the "No Respect" card after all the jock sniffers of Ed Reed we've had to endure this playoff season:coffee:

NJarhead
01-12-2009, 10:18 AM

I only have one opinion on this game, it will be war!! We'll just have to wait and see the outcome.

If I'm a Ravens fan, I am concerned about fatigue, a few injuries and the Rookie QB factor. Still, it won't be easy for either team.

DACEB
01-12-2009, 10:19 AM
If I'm a Ravens fan, I am concerned about fatigue, a few injuries and the Rookie QB factor. Still, it won't be easy for either team.

Absolutely, but somebody would have to have something hanging off not to play in this one. And even then ducttape might work.

NJarhead
01-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Absolutely, but somebody would have to have something hanging off not to play in this one. And even then ducttape might work.

Oh yea. You got that right. :chuckle:

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Fatigue? Yes. A few injuries? Yes. Rookie QB? Honestly, the answer is no. I think Flacco had his chance to really screw up against the Titans. He really isn't playing like a noob anymore.

I think any player on either team would play like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM

Thanks!

I'm really looking forward to some good, hard-nosed football talk this week. It's going to be awesome!

Just think: four teams left in the hunt for a trip to Tampa and all of us can drive between three of them in 4 hours or less.

But our roads are better! :rofl:

NJarhead
01-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Fatigue? Yes. A few injuries? Yes. Rookie QB? Honestly, the answer is no. I think Flacco had his chance to really screw up against the Titans. He really isn't playing like a noob anymore.

I think any player on either team would play like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

The only reason I say that is (to my knowledge) no rookie QB has ever made it past Championship weekend. We experienced it with Ben after he was undefeated as a rookie starter. Just because it's never happened, doesn't mean it never will or that Flacco cannot be the first (he's already the first to win 2 playoff games), but I am sort of expecting him to fizzle a bit. Again, I could be dead wrong. He's been very impressive and hasn't shown any signs of a fizzle. Just my opinion.

lilyoder6
01-12-2009, 10:54 AM
the ravens have been playing since week 3 non-stop... this will be a good game, and i wonder if the early early bye week will affect them anytime soon

Edman
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Joe Flacco has shown plenty of signs of a fizzle in both playoff games. Difference between Ben and him is that Flacco has limited the mistakes and never put the Ravens in a bad spot. In fact, he has no turnovers this playoffs. Compared to Ben's numerous back in 2004. The guy deserves a lot of credit and is instrumental on why the Ravens are this far in the playoffs. Next to their Defense.

If you think the Ravens won't came to town and come at the Steelers hard, you're kidding yourselves. Third game or not. This will be a low scoring, close game like both meetings. Baltimore will shut down Willie Parker and it'll be on Ben to take reign.

It all comes down to who makes the least mistakes in this game.

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
the ravens have been playing since week 3 non-stop... this will be a good game, and i wonder if the early early bye week will affect them anytime soon

Especially since it really wasn't a bye week. They practiced during the week getting ready for Houston only to have the game rescheduled on IIRC that Friday.

I'd be tired!

NJarhead
01-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Joe Flacco has shown plenty of signs of a fizzle in both playoff games. Difference between Ben and him is that Flacco has limited the mistakes and never put the Ravens in a bad spot. In fact, he has no turnovers this playoffs. Compared to Ben's numerous back in 2004. The guy deserves a lot of credit and is instrumental on why the Ravens are this far in the playoffs. Next to their Defense.

If you think the Ravens won't came to town and come at the Steelers hard, you're kidding yourselves. Third game or not. This will be a low scoring, close game like both meetings. Baltimore will shut down Willie Parker and it'll be on Ben to take reign.

It all comes down to who makes the least mistakes in this game.

Sounds like every other Ravens/Steelers game :chuckle:

But I wouldn't be too surprised if we're slightly more successful running the ball this time. Again, fatigue being the key factor. We're fresh whereas they've got to be close to running on fumes. This will be thier third travel week in a row too. All little things yes, but I can't help but feel they'll take a toll....no matter how small of one.

Does that make sense?

Stlrs4Life
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM

Exactly.

i82much
01-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Sounds like every other Ravens/Steelers game :chuckle:

But I wouldn't be too surprised if we're slightly more successful running the ball this time. Again, fatigue being the key factor. We're fresh whereas they've got to be close to running on fumes. This will be thier third travel week in a row too. All little things yes, but I can't help but feel they'll take a toll....no matter how small of one.

Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense. Still as a Ravens fan I'm just happy we get an extra DAY off. I think it's huge for us right now. If we had a 6 day week against you guys I think we'd be done. I just hope our guys can show up, if so it will be a heck of a game. Honestly though I don't think we're as good as we looked against Miami or you are as good as you looked yesterday. Two close games so far and should be more of the same Sunday.

4G63
01-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Makes perfect sense. Still as a Ravens fan I'm just happy we get an extra DAY off. I think it's huge for us right now. If we had a 6 day week against you guys I think we'd be done. I just hope our guys can show up, if so it will be a heck of a game. Honestly though I don't think we're as good as we looked against Miami or you are as good as you looked yesterday. Two close games so far and should be more of the same Sunday.

Agreed.

revefsreleets
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Three factors will lead to the Steelers winning this game:

A) Our defense is WAY better than their offense. They can run the ball some, but that's about it. I can't see them scoring more than 10-14 points.
B) Our Special Teams are really playing at a high level now. That is ALWAYS our archilles heal, but not this year. No cheap points for the Rats.
C) Our OL is playing their best football at exactly the right time. I've heard the argument that the Chargers D sucked, but everybody was lauding how great they were all of a sudden, so it can't be both ways. I think the Chargers D HAS improved, but our offense is finally executing.

I have this in the 24-10 range. It'll be close for 3 quarters and then we open up a can of whoop ass on the filthy criminal element of the NFL.

4G63
01-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I have this in the 24-10 range. It'll be close for 3 quarters and then we open up a can of whoop ass on the filthy criminal element of the NFL.

What, guys that beat their girlfriends (http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif) aren't criminals? http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/images/smilies/229031_confused2.gif http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

i82much
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM

No offense, dude, your team is ridiculously good and deserves to be favored. But you won 2 regular season games by a total of 7 points, and now all the sudden you're going to win by 14 just because you blew out an 8-8 team last week???

revefsreleets
01-12-2009, 12:18 PM
What, guys that beat their girlfriends (http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif) aren't criminals? http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/images/smilies/229031_confused2.gif http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Murder and coke dealing and shooting up nightclubs, Oh my!

Low rent. Perfect club for the tackiest city in America.

Preacher
01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
No offense, dude, your team is ridiculously good and deserves to be favored. But you won 2 regular season games by a total of 7 points, and now all the sudden you're going to win by 14 just because you blew out an 8-8 team last week???

I agree that it will probably be 14 points. Two touchdowns. Why?

Simple. The Steelers have been down the road you are traveling right now. A rookie QB going into the AFCCG. The problem isn't with his head, he seems to be making excellent decisions. It is with his body. He is used to a college schedule, and this is the middle of January now (or when the game is played), without a break since the second weekend. His arm is simply going to get tired fast. He will make a decision, go to throw the ball, and the quarter of a second longer it takes to get the ball there, will be all the difference needed for the ball to be tipped, Intercepted, or knocked down. Ben came out after the AFCCG in the 04 season (05 game) and said the same thing. So I am thinking a scoring opportunity that you will have won't materialize PRECISELY because of the rookie QB and simply his endurance.

That leads to the second reason. The Ravens are going to be tired. Especially after the last game. Especially after the season. They will hang strong with us for 3, 3 and a half quarters. But in the last half of the last quarter, the fatigue factor will kick in, and either Willie or Ben will break out for a 30-40 yard play that will seal the deal.

That is why I think we will win by 14. Not because the Ravens suck. But because in then end, there will be just a little too much fatigue in general and on Flacco in particular.