PDA

View Full Version : Some love from a Ravens fan

RavensD
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Hell yeah, boys!

Was pulling for you guys hard to win this game. Now the rest of the league knows who owns the AFC - the Birds and the Steel Curtain are showing why the AFC North is where the big boys play.

Congratulations, looking forward to a war next week!

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I have to say that I know this is suppose to be a heated rivalry but personally I have never met a Steelers fan I didn't like. I love the Steelers fans because they are some of the most passionate and knowledgeable fans out there and the Steelers organization garners mad respect, they always do it the RIGHT way!

I can't wait for next week. Of course I want my team to win hehe but I'm glad that it's the Steelers and Ravens baby.

Much love!!!!

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Yep, this one is gonna be a bloodbath. :drink:

HometownGal
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys for the very classy posts! :drink:

I don't think there is a Steelers fan out there who will take the Rats lightly next Sunday. You guys have a helluva D and a young QB who is going places in the NFL.

Here's to an injury free battle next weekend! :drink:

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO, BRING THE RATBIRDS!!!!!! FYI, WE OWN THE BROWNS/RAVENS!!!!

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Maybe every player should be in the huddle with their own IV already started.

GodofGridiron
01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Im watchin this one with a mouthpiece even.......i dont wanna lose any teeth just watchin the hittin goin on.

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 08:25 PM
My roommates are padding the walls as we speak.... ;p

Nighthawk
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Gonna be a fun game!

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
If Budweiser was smart, they tape a houseful of Ravens and Steelers fans and make a Super Bowl ad out of it.

TeeJay
01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
This game is gonna register on the Richter Scale

RoethlisBURGHer
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Round 3 of a Heavyweight Battle

Loser goes home.

I can't wait.

DJ919
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
The Eagles and Cards have to be smiling right now, because the AFC Championship game is going to be BRUTAL! This will be the talk of the week over every Sports station, Radio, TV, Sports Bars...etc...etc. It will be a hard fight and an epic battle for sure....
There Is MUCH Respect Between Both Teams and Their Fans. I have a bunch of Ravens fans that are family and good friends... What a Clash set up for the AFC Championship. The NFL's New "Greatest Rivarly"...Sorry Browns, You're Tradition, but You're also history. The New "BIG" Game in the AFC/NFL = Ravens vs Steelers... Yes , Respect is there, but come next week in the City Of Steele, Ravens/Ravens Fans, For approx 2-2/12 hours, You're the"Respected" Enemy..Your road to the Super Bowl has to come through the Pittsburgh Steelers, and we're already setting up MAJOR road blocks :).. We are DAMN ready to start filling up the OTHER hand with Rings...Eye is on the prize For The Black & Gold...Friend or Foe, anything in the way HAS to be ran over to reach the prize. We expect nothing short of a helluva Fight, and the same emotions from you as well. See ya Next Week...Damn, this is going to be great!

"Eye On The Prize"
AFC CHAMPIONS
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS (Breaking The Tie And Becoming The NFLs Undisputed Greatest Franchise Of All Time)
We Can Do It!
Our Biggest Problem Falls Into Pittsburgh Next Week, But We'll Solve it :)
The Winner Of The AFC Championship Will Be The Super Bowl Champs.

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
It's a love/hate relationship for me.

I love Steelers fans because well I just find them to be the best when it comes to talking football but the trash talking is there!

I have two Titans fans, 1 Colts fan, a Browns fan and Bengals fan at my job besides from the one Steelers fan I know.

I just get along more with the Steelers fan, very nice guy and knows his stuff. He even came to my defense when a really mean Titans fan picked on me on Friday, hehe.

I love this rivalry, I really do. I don't think I look forward to any game on the schedule as much as the Steelers games.

TeeJay
01-11-2009, 08:51 PM
a really mean Titans fan picked on me on Friday.

I'm thinking this guy may be a bit quieter come Monday morning! :thumbsup:

DJ919
01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
It's a love/hate relationship for me.

I love Steelers fans because well I just find them to be the best when it comes to talking football but the trash talking is there!

I have two Titans fans, 1 Colts fan, a Browns fan and Bengals fan at my job besides from the one Steelers fan I know.

I just get along more with the Steelers fan, very nice guy and knows his stuff. He even came to my defense when a really mean Titans fan picked on me on Friday, hehe.

I love this rivalry, I really do. I don't think I look forward to any game on the schedule as much as the Steelers games.

I told everyone at my Job that Baltimore would beat the Titans, and got pretty much the same...Again, the respect is there. I'm from Delaware, "Joe Flacco" college country, and I admire the way the kid has played. Reminds us all a lot of Big Ben when he rolled into Pittsburgh with poise and control. Without question the Ravens are a Force to be VERY aware of. Lets put it like this. I'm confident our Steelers can beat ya and move on to the Super Bowl....BUT....I'm not betting any money on this game...The teams mirror each other too damn much..lol

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah I think Flacco reminds me alot of Big Ben. I like watching Big Ben go to work, except when he plays us ;p

I like the fact that he can make early mistakes but the man is made of steel and always fights back. I hope Flacco turns out to be like Ben but he has a ways to go.

Most QB, like Eli Manning, they get so shaken up after that first pick that they throw the game away like he did against the Eagles, Ben doesn't, he scares me with his game ending drives.....

I have mad respect for the Steelers Organization as a whole, I realize the hate is there when we play and well I'm screaming "kill em" during the game but man I just love this series.

msafford
01-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Welcome aboard, folks! Mad props for shutting down the Titans. This is going to be a good solid game. I think the 2 best teams in the AFC made it. :drink:

but..but..the AFC North was a weak division. The Browns were gonna win it all.jeez...get it right! :flap::flap::wink02:

devilsdancefloor
01-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Maybe every player should be in the huddle with their own IV already started.

there will be a blood drive at both stadiums for the game :chuckle:

GridironWarrior
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Welcome Raven fans, this will be a great game. Pitt and Balt give clinics on how hard nosed Football should be played.

welder4pit
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Cant wait.One game away from one hell of a sb party.What a game its going to be sunday

i82much
01-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Funny but my initial reaction was that the Ravens/Steelers game is pretty much the NFL Championship game and the Super Bowl is almost an afterthought. But this year CRAZY upsets are happening. It's getting a bit ahead of the game but has anybody here considered that the AFC champ might LOSE the Superbowl?

welder4pit
01-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome Raven fans, this will be a great game. Pitt and Balt give clinics on how hard nosed Football should be played.Here to how fooball should be played .Especially at heinz field:drink::tt03:

welder4pit
01-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Funny but my initial reaction was that the Ravens/Steelers game is pretty much the NFL Championship game and the Super Bowl is almost an afterthought. But this year CRAZY upsets are happening. It's getting a bit ahead of the game but has anybody here considered that the AFC champ might LOSE the Superbowl?no . hope we get revenge from iggles

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I think there is always a possibility but I will be rooting for the AFC Champion, just hope to god it's the Ravens :D

4G63
01-11-2009, 09:42 PM
This game is gonna register on the Richter Scale

Welcome aboard, folks! Mad props for shutting down the Titans. This is going to be a good solid game. I think the 2 best teams in the AFC made it. :drink:

Round 3 of a Heavyweight Battle

Loser goes home.

I can't wait.

Agreed to all.......as much as I hate the Stoolers and you guys hate us, I think both teams and fans respect one another immensely!! We owned you guys in '06 and you had our number last year. You guys squeaked out 2 close games this year, but this game will be a Battle Royale!!

Here's to a good, FAIRLY called game! I'd hate to see a great matchup tainted with an officiating blunder for either team. Lets play the game on the field and handle it like the warriors they are!!!

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Agreed to all.......as much as I hate the Stoolers and you guys hate us, I think both teams and fans respect one another immensely!! We owned you guys in '06 and you had our number last year. You guys squeaked out 2 close games this year, but this game will be a Battle Royale!!

Here's to a good, FAIRLY called game! I'd hate to see a great matchup tainted with an officiating blunder for either team. Lets play the game on the field and handle it like the warriors they are!!!

Here Here, Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!!! :tt02:

stlrtruck
01-11-2009, 09:47 PM
As I said in another post, I don't fear them but I do respect them. For the most part, as with our own fan base, they are knowledgable and classy fans.

It's going to be an interesting week.

Welcome ratbird fans. I'd say good luck, but I wouldn't mean it. Just hope we can get through the game with some good clean old school football and no injuries (where's the IV and the blood donation stations?)

VegasStlrFan
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Hats off for dumping the Tits, and heres to a battle next week. :drink:

RavensD
01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Seriously, the story line couldn't be any better!

Time for predictions. Who wins?
I realize that no self-respecting Steelers fan will predict a loss to us, and likewise with the Raven fans. I'm more interested to see score predictions, will there be a blowout, high scoring/low scoring affair, etc.

I'll start off.

Under any circumstances, no way in hell I try to predict a winner. These games are always brutal.

But, I think winning 3 times against the same team is going to be nearly impossible. It's just not going to happen when two teams this good are so evenly matched.

Bal 17
Pit 13

Just my opinion, but whoever does win the game will go on to win the Super Bowl. Both these teams are better than anything coming out of the NFC.

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
It's getting a bit ahead of the game but has anybody here considered that the AFC champ might LOSE the Superbowl?

I think it's highly conceivable, if it comes down to a Steelers/Cards matchup - Whiz and Grimm know us very, very well.

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I won't make a prediction always seems like bad karma to me. I just hope the Ravens win but know we will see a great game.

It's just sad I don't live in Baltimore anymore and can't enjoy the full experience :(

SteelersinCA
01-11-2009, 10:37 PM
You can always buy tickets, If you buy 2 I'll go with you, deal?

KYMDFAN
01-11-2009, 10:40 PM
All I need to do now is to sell off a random kid or sell my kidneys....

Anyone have a kid I can burrow?

BehindSteelCurtain
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I think it's highly conceivable, if it comes down to a Steelers/Cards matchup - Whiz and Grimm know us very, very well.

I totally agree. If by chance steelers win and cardinals win, they have coaches that know the steelers. Don't forget about Haggans. He played with LeBeau for years. That's what scares me.

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 10:49 PM

I've said all along, the Cards and the Eagles are the two teams I wouldn't want to face in the Superbowl. One that knows us too well, and the other, the only team that was able to rip us a new one in the regular season. :banging:

4G63
01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
As I said in another post, I don't fear them but I do respect them. For the most part, as with our own fan base, they are knowledgable and classy fans.

It's going to be an interesting week.

Welcome ratbird fans. I'd say good luck, but I wouldn't mean it. Just hope we can get through the game with some good clean old school football and no injuries (where's the IV and the blood donation stations?)

You forgot the splints and backboards!!! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.evolutionm.net/get/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

stlrtruck
01-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Well considering what ever team wins this will most likely need the two weeks and considering the way the first two games were played - the winner should just spend two weeks in rehab in Tampa (LOL).

My prediction is a close game
Steelers - 23
ratbirds - 16

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Well considering what ever team wins this will most likely need the two weeks and considering the way the first two games were played - the winner should just spend two weeks in rehab in Tampa (LOL).

My prediction is a close game
Steelers - 23
ratbirds - 16

I hear the weather down there is schweet!

No predictions about final score, just that it will be Armegeddon.