PDA

View Full Version : Home AFC Championship Game....

Edman
01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
...Oh Boy.

The Setting for so many Steelers disappointments. 1994, 1997, 2001, 2004...

It's almost surreal isn't it? Tomlin (and Coach Whiz) reaches the AFC Title game in just his SECOND season. I knew Mike Tomlin was going to be a good coach, but I never expected this. The only thing more impressive is rookie coach John Harbaugh reaching there as well.

Tomlin has exorcised so many Steeler Demons this year. Can he get rid of the big one? Or will this be his Charger Game?

Galloway6
01-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Well I think your question has been answered:tt02:
and now bring on the ratbirds:sign02::injured:

Steel_Bus_24
01-11-2009, 09:56 PM
We're getting rid of a lot of those old demons this year

BELIEVE!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!HERE WE GO!!!:tt03:

stlrtruck
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
There is a new sheriff in town since those AFCCG games that you mentioned above.

Their is a new regime handling the 53 men that don the pads.

I think Tomlin will be able to motivate these guys and get them to play hard nosed football come Sunday night!

RoethlisBURGHer
01-11-2009, 10:03 PM
This aint the same old Steelers.

This team has a franchise QB, not a Niel O'Donnel or Kordell Stewart.

This team doesn't do the predictable run-run-pass-punt plays that Cowher ran.

This team still pressures the QB when they have the lead instead of going into full prevent defense.

Tomlin will take this team to the Super Bowl in just his second season.

I BELIEVE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Phade
01-11-2009, 10:04 PM
steelers are alot more risque this year then i've ever seen since i've been watching them..

and i'm loving it..

4G63
01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
This aint the same old Steelers.

This team has a franchise QB, not a Niel O'Donnel or Kordell Stewart.

This team doesn't do the predictable run-run-pass-punt plays that Cowher ran.

This team still pressures the QB when they have the lead instead of going into full prevent defense.

Tomlin will take this team to the Super Bowl in just his second season.

I BELIEVE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Billick was the same way. You just knew which play was coming. It was frustrating as hell......

steelers are alot more risque this year then i've ever seen since i've been watching them..

and i'm loving it..

Cam Cameron has done wonders with our O as well. I just know Flacco and this team would not be where they are today with Brian Billick at the helm. Cowher was a good coach, but Tomlin's age make him more endearing to the team IMO. The Ravens and Stoolers made some http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/images/smilies/229031_confused2.gif choices with their HC's, but they've obviously turned out OK!!

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Are we starting the handwringing already??

crosby87penguins
01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
But the steelers already did beat a Harbaugh in the 95 AFCCG in Pittsburgh. Why not beat another?

steelreserve
01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Who the hell cares about 15-year-old jinxes? All things considered, I'd rather have the chance to play the game at home and shove the football up their ass. It ought to be a tough game, but when you're at the championship game, it's usually going to be tough no matter what unless you're the lucky-ass Eagles.

steel9guy
01-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Snow, 15 degrees, KILL the rats!!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!

jjpro11
01-11-2009, 10:46 PM
this was our best home playoff game since the ravens game in 01..

we lost last year, lost to new england and played sluggish vs the jets in 04, won a thrilling comeback vs cleveland in 2002, lost to new england in 01, and beat the rats pretty well in 01.

this time though we need two straight weeks of great football.

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 10:47 PM
this time though we need two straight weeks of great football.

THREE straight. :drink: