PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kieper on LenDale White

Suitanim
12-23-2005, 09:39 AM
Q: If he declares, where will USC junior running back LenDale White end up being drafted? ? Bill, Plymouth, Minn.
I'd say late first round if he enters the draft. Reggie Bush obviously will go first or second overall, and Memphis running back DeAngelo Williams will be in that first-round mix as well. If White is the second-highest-rated running back behind Bush, he could go early to middle of the first round.

A lot would depend on his workouts, too. White is a big running back (6-2, 235), but if he runs a great 40 time, he could catapult up in the first round. Best-case scenario for White is early to middle of the first round, but right now I'm thinking more the latter part of the opening round.

(Latter part of the first round...that's interesting!)

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah if he does well in the workouts he can go high but if he has problems he could go low.

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 10:16 AM
We thought that Matt Jones would be available last draft, then he went from early secound round, to late first, then was drafted way before we had a chance. But we did get Heath, which worked out great!

Dook
12-23-2005, 11:39 AM
I really want us to get RB Lendale White in the first, if he is available. Of all the mock draft's I've seen, a lot of them, he is still available at our pick. But you never know.

Also I think we should get WR Martin Nance with our second pick but he probably won't be available in the bottom of the 2nd so we need to trade up somehow.

SteelerFanInCA
12-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Lendale White would be a nice fit for our system. White & Parker running together makes for a nice combo.

Prosdo
12-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I love the idea of LenDale White coming here. From what I have heard he sounds like he would be a perfect fit. Everything I have read about him seems very good.

Suitanim
12-23-2005, 03:36 PM
I've seen some mocks with us picking DeAngelo Williams. I don't get that at all...he's cut from the same cloth as Willie Parker.

Parker: 5'10" 209

Williams: 5'10" 217 lbs

Koopa
12-23-2005, 04:05 PM
i hope lendale flops in the workouts and we take a chance on him and he becomes great for us.

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Is our biggest need running back? Or a big time player at wr?

Koopa
12-23-2005, 04:36 PM
to me it's running back since we are a running team. we can get a wr in the second round we need a running back that can carry the load and lendale can do that

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-23-2005, 04:40 PM
our biggest need is at RB.....Jerome carried the steelers for years and now we need a young back that is big to take his place.......and before i pick a receiver i would like to see a DE.........kimo is getting old......we need some one to take his spot too

Koopa
12-23-2005, 04:51 PM
yeah that's true too, a wr isn't that much of a concern to me, maybe if wilson got a true shot at being a number 2 he can do alright as a big play player, or maybe even bring back morgan and give him a real chance to be that player that you bomb it out to. and with heath we don't need a big target he can open up the offense a lot if we would throw to him more often. a fresh young DE would be awesome to have, i don't know who's good in that postition coming out though so i can't really comment who i'd like us to take

TasmanianTroy271
12-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Hines Ward was a third round pick, so we can definately draft a WR late on the first day and still do well. We have awesome scouts, I don't think we need to worry.

LONG LIVE KIMO VON OELHOFFEN!!!

Koopa
12-23-2005, 05:30 PM
what ever happened to walter young? wasn't he a tall wr, and zamir cobbs, i thought they were high on him. and we still have nate washington, i think he can be something special, or at least he looked like he could be in the pre season

MichiSteeler
12-24-2005, 11:41 AM
I'd love to have LenDale White on our squad!! Then maybe a nice receiver in the next round! or maybe a DE, or corner?