PDA

View Full Version : Timmons is going to be great

jjpro11
01-11-2009, 10:50 PM
i have never seen a linebacker with that kind of speed.. he is in on every other special teams play and is already a great player in coverage. that play where ran down sproles from behind on a crossing route was amazing.

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought he was a draft bust. :hunch:

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Still???? :pin:

You couldn't read the sarcasm? :banging:

WWIIOwheelz
01-11-2009, 10:57 PM
LeBeau saved him for the biggest plays this year, blitzing up the middle. He's going to be a Steelers great alongside Harrison & Woodley.

VegasStlrFan
01-11-2009, 11:08 PM
i have never seen a linebacker with that kind of speed.. he is in on every other special teams play and is already a great player in coverage. that play where ran down sproles from behind on a crossing route was amazing.

Yes it was, and its pretty dam impressive knowing he's the next Steeler LB to step into starting shoes. He is fun to watch! :popcorn:

chucoblack&gold
01-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I was impressed with his speed!!

cubanstogie
01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
yep, he ran Sproles down and really didn't appear to have much of an angle. Regardless it was impressive for a man of his size. The Steelers D showed a lot of composure today unlike the Titans and Ravens yesterday. I was impressed, a little emotion but not enough for 15 yards. That 15 yard penalty on Troy was total BS, probably moot anyway.

jjpro11
01-11-2009, 11:18 PM
That 15 yard penalty on Troy was total BS, probably moot anyway.

considering they got away with mugging harrison a couple plays prior, it was really BS.

Steeldude
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM

did you see him close on sproles from across the field? that is speed.

i am hoping he ends up taking farrior's spot when he retires(because of his coverage skills/talent) and for the steelers to draft/acquire a tackling machine in the RILB. IMO, timmons should be the starter next year and foote to the bench.

even though it won't hapen, but could you imagine if USC's rey maualuga falls to the steelers.

2010 possibility: harrison - maualuga - timmons - woodley

BehindSteelCurtain
01-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I hope he turns out good because I just bought his jersey. We should call him LT or LT3.

cubanstogie

i am hoping he ends up taking farrior's spot when he retires(because of his coverage skills/talent) and for the steelers to draft/acquire a tackling machine in the RILB. IMO, timmons should be the starter next year and foote to the bench.

even though it won't hapen, but could you imagine if USC's rey maualuga falls to the steelers.

We don't need another LB we need a RB with our first pick. LOL

Steeldude
considering they got away with mugging harrison a couple plays prior, it was really BS

i know. what is up with that? he gets held by the LT, then the LG and then tackled, all in the same play. amazing thing is harrison still gets to the QB.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
The reason why Woodley has developed faster is because ILB is like QB on offense. You need leadership and experience. And it takes a few years to get it. I think next year he will break out if he ends up starting.

jjpro11
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM

ray is a top 10 pick, maybe top 5.

devilsdancefloor
01-11-2009, 11:33 PM
he wil be another great LB for us he is showing some flashes of greatness

Preacher
01-12-2009, 12:39 AM
he wil be another great LB for us he is showing some flashes of greatness

What is REALLY scary, is that in a pinch that guy can line up as a slot receiver CB.

Galax Steeler
01-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Our linebacking core is going to look good next year Timmons has developed nicely and hopefully he will get the starting nod next year I love wathcing him play.

FSUBoo
01-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Yeah Woodley covered Sproles on a couple pass plays and looked good too.

markymarc
01-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Timmons has made big plays all year as a part timer. I have no doubt he will be another great Steelers LB. And like others have mentioned in this thread, the closing speed he displayed running Sproles down was awesome. Also, how about that hit Woodley had on Sproles.

Steelers Since '75
01-12-2009, 08:55 AM

This would make me very happy but I think we are going to see:

harrison - davis - timmons - woodley

Timmons and Davis are both speedsters... woodley and harrison will be the attackers off the edges... it will be an awesome sight to say the least.

The Duke
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Timmons never worried me, I knew he'd be great

Bruce Davis on the other hand....

filthyfan
01-12-2009, 09:40 AM
I thought he was a draft bust. :hunch:

..heck no....he's just taking a little more time to develope than Woodley....that beast. He is going to be another superb LB. That was awesome watching him run down Sproles last night.
How about that beast Woodley planting Rivers back into the endzone last night....grill-first....that was OLD SCHOOL STEELER D.....a la Jack Lambert.....
and...not so impressed with Sweed.....Lefty put a beautiful rocket right on his hands in stride for what would have been a TD....and he muffed it....Not good Limas!!! You gotta make the most of your opportunities.

DACEB
01-12-2009, 09:47 AM
He's shown all the attributes as to why Tomlin drafted him. His speed and tackling thru the player was definitely on display yesterday.

But, I must say once again the rotations were great with the LBs and D-line. Everyone has their role but Timmons should start next year over Foote.

GodofGridiron
01-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Timmons blossomed a bit later than Woodley simply because he suffered thru injuries his initial camp. He could never really get right his first year. Now, we're seeing glimpses of what he can become. Dude is a gazelle with those long ass strides.

BlastFurnace
01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I agree. Foote is still a solid MLB though.

Really...I like Timmons in the role we have him. It has free'd up Troy quite a bit this season.

In the middle of the year, I still thought our 94 Defense was better. I don't think that any longer.

GodofGridiron
01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Foote has really great ball hawking instincts. He can get to the ball carrier and is a solid tackler. Where he struggles is coverage and he lacks closing speed. Sorta reminds me of Earl Holmes.