PDA

View Full Version : Online Petition, Throwbacks and Anti-Holding #92

section514
01-11-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/steelers09

send the above link to all of your friends and post it on any other boards that you may be on.

The petition reads:
We the fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers would like to request that the Throwback uniforms be worn against the Ravens in the 2009 AFC Championship game. We would also like to request that the NFL start calling holding penalties on offensive players that hold James Harrison #92. Tackling a rushing linebacker is not a legal blocking technique. Thank you and Go Steelers.

:tt:

stillers4me
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Give the throwback thing a break, already. Those things are ugly.

randy06
01-11-2009, 10:23 PM

In your personal opinion.

devilsdancefloor
01-11-2009, 10:34 PM
IMHO ugly!

jjpro11
01-11-2009, 10:36 PM
i like them.. but that giants game kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

westcoastransplant
01-11-2009, 10:46 PM
The jerseys are cool. The white pants and gold helmets.....not so cool.

fansince'76
01-11-2009, 10:48 PM
You realize that online petitions aren't really official, right?

section514
01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
yeah I know, but the last petition I started about Steely McBeam drew a ton of publicity, I was on radio shows and local news channels. So if I can draw attention publicly, that works for me

teddy jones
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM
In your personal opinion.
No man...Those things are so ugly, it's a fact. lol
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

chucoblack&gold
01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
IMO the throwback uniforms should only be used for Monday night games. The Giants game this year was proof enough.

As for the holding thing, I completely agree. Did any of you hear the commentators during a rush from Deebo? They showed the play in slow-mo, with Deebo getting held and mugged, and they had the oddasity to say he got tangled up!!! :doh::toofunny:

klick81
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Wouldn't you be better served by creating separate petitions? The Harrison non-holding is very fishy IMO.

tony hipchest
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
"no can lose"

Preacher
01-12-2009, 12:08 AM
"no can lose"

:thumbsup:

No Can Lose!

sixstringlass
01-12-2009, 04:26 AM
As for the holding thing, I completely agree. Did any of you hear the commentators during a rush from Deebo? They showed the play in slow-mo, with Deebo getting held and mugged, and they had the oddasity to say he got tangled up!!! :doh::toofunny:

The TV commentators cover for the bungling refs A LOT.

sixstringlass
01-12-2009, 04:29 AM
We the fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers would like to request that the Throwback uniforms be worn against the Ravens in the 2009 AFC Championship game. We would also like to request that the NFL start calling holding penalties on offensive players that hold James Harrison #92. Tackling a rushing linebacker is not a legal blocking technique. Thank you and Go Steelers.

:tt:

Well, I would, but I am too lazy right now. Still icing my neck. Anyway, I think there's some obscure rule that bars calling holding penalties on the Cowpies, especially, with special provisions for the Cheatriots.

Or, perhaps the "no holding penalty" rule only applies when a team is playing the Steelers, as is the "no roughing the passer penalty" rule.

markymarc
01-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I was actually waiting for a holding call for once against Harrison. It is so frustrating to see Harrison get mugged and held almost every time he rushes the QB. What is this guy supposed to do to actually have officials start calling it correctly. On the TD drive that gave the Bolts 17 points he was held on at least 2 different plays and they were extremely obvious holds at that. It actually disgusts me to see this happening to James Harrison.

Danger DANJ
01-12-2009, 08:40 AM
I've been watching closely in other games not played by the Steelers and I've seen other defenders get held around the neck too with no holding called. I don't get it, is that not considered holding in the rule book? As far as I'm concerned, if you grab the defender in any way when you are behind him, it should be holding.

Also, I like the throwbacks, but let's give them a rest. I love the jerseys and the gold helmets, but it would look so much better with black pants to go with the black jerseys.

section514
01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
It is a shame, can you imagine how much stronger our D would be if they called holding more often?

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Yeah i don't like them much either.. but if we wear them then it's all good.

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:39 PM

I agree...I hate the throwback unis and online petitions are a waste of time....gees.