PDA

View Full Version : UT vs. USC rose bowl thread

Koopa
12-23-2005, 05:12 PM
well the game is jan. 4th and it's the 23rd, so 12 more days till the big game. obviously i'm going for the longhorns, i just wanna see what everyone else thinks even though i know what a few think already.

my predictions

42-31 longhorns

vince young is the rose bowl mvp

and reggie shows that he is a little overrated by pulling a tony parker in the finals

and BRC you still wanna bet on something? even though i still don't know what to bet

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 05:14 PM
USC 41 Texas 28..

Texas keeps it close till the 4th quarter when the Trojans then capitalize on a mistake or big ST play and stretch out the lead just enough to pull it out.

Should be an Awesome game ! I cant wait !

hmmmmmmmm
12-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Damn hard to make a prediction on the score but im gonna go with

Texas 44 - USC 41
gonna win by a field goal in dramatic fashion like last year

and of course Vince Young with his second Rose Bowl MVP trophy

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 07:57 PM
55 - 19 Trojans

Where have I heard that score before?

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 08:30 PM
This is a tough pick. Most of the so cqlled experts seem to think UT will win. Thats what makes me worry. I hope its a close high scoring game.

42-38 Longhorns, I figured I take them for KingKoopa

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 09:11 PM
I am not sure about this one. I mean both teams robbed PSU of a Rose Bowl Bid.

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 09:12 PM
I am not sure about this one. I mean both teams robbed PSU of a Rose Bowl Bid.
I dont think Texas diserves to go. The Big 12 has had plenty of chances in the NC game. USC has won 34 games in a row, they most def diserve it.

It should be

SC Vs. PSU

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah PSU v.s. USC is a better National Title Game.

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Yeah PSU v.s. USC is a better National Title Game.
I agree, Im so sick of seeing overated Big 12 teams go.

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 09:36 PM
I agree, Im so sick of seeing overated Big 12 teams go.

The Big 12 IS OVERRATED!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 09:43 PM
The nittany lions were one last second play away from being undefeated.. JoePA has had a helluva year and wouldnt be any less of a game at all if PSU were there instead of the Longhorns..

Anywho, anybody think this WONT be a shootout ? :rofl:

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Penn State V.S. USC would be a closer game.

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 09:47 PM
The nittany lions were one last second play away from being undefeated.. JoePA has had a helluva year and wouldnt be any less of a game at all if PSU were there instead of the Longhorns..

Anywho, anybody think this WONT be a shootout ? :rofl:
I do. I dont think it will be a shootout. I think Vince Young is the most overated player in college football. He has done nothing to prove otherwise.

If he were so dominate, why the goose egg against OU? OU shutout UT when UT had nearly an identical team, maybe worse b/c they lost benson.

12-0 OU over UT last year

55-19 SC over OU

You take it from there.

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 09:51 PM
I do. I dont think it will be a shootout. I think Vince Young is the most overated player in college football. He has done nothing to prove otherwise.

If he were so dominate, why the goose egg against OU? OU shutout UT when UT had nearly an identical team, maybe worse b/c they lost benson.

55-19 SC over OU

You take it from there.

Aggreed Go Cats. Young is OVERRATED. He has not proved himself he has played a soft Big XII Schedule.

Koopa
12-23-2005, 11:56 PM
OMG!! OMF'NG!!! PSU is nowhere on the level of ut. and i can see where you say the big 12is overrated but ya'll some dumbasses to think ut is overrated. if anything psu is overrated who the hell is in their confrence that's worht a damn? osu? last i checked ut beat them. and then look at usc they some over hyped *****es too. oregon who the hell are they? ucla wtf shouldn't even be ranked in the top 100 with the d they have. usc cheated against ND, reggie pushing matt into the endzone wtf kinda shit is that, and then them not even spotting the ball in the right spot when matt fumbled. fresno state scared teh living day lights out of them.

and saying psu vs usc is a better national championship game is just plain ****ing stupid. that game would get nowhere the hype this game is getting the ratings would be shit, the game wouldn't even be close.

Koopa
12-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Aggreed Go Cats. Young is OVERRATED. He has not proved himself he has played a soft Big XII Schedule.

ok kid never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever talk football again with that shit right there.

Koopa
12-24-2005, 12:00 AM

55-19 SC over OU

You take it from there.

i guess you didn't see the rose bowl last year, he take over that game which was the biggest game of his life, what about osu when he put the team on his back and won that game. that ou ut game was early last year didn't mean shit.

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2005, 12:05 AM
ok kid never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever talk football again with that shit right there.

Ok I will do the best I can. Feel free to punish me anymore times I do so Koopa.

Koopa
12-24-2005, 12:12 AM
Ok I will do the best I can. Feel free to punish me anymore times I do so Koopa.

lol, naw keep talkin i'm bored over here at my grandparents and i need someone to debate with, i was just playin. i don't care if you think vince young is overrated it's yo opinion, may not be right but it's yours lol

Go_Cats
12-24-2005, 12:18 AM
I mean I think they're schedule is more difficult than UTs (not saying much) I feel that the Big 12 has had ample chances to get the job done and have failed miserably. I dont think I'm going to get any pleasure out of SC raping Texas, atleast with OU there was some speculation surrounding the game. SC is just so much better than Texas its not even funny, Texas is nearly identical to last years UT team that lost to OU 12-0, and this year they're minus Benson and DJ. Does anyone seriously think that USC isnt going to rape Texas?

i guess you didn't see the rose bowl last year, he take over that game which was the biggest game of his life, what about osu when he put the team on his back and won that game. that ou ut game was early last year didn't mean shit.

Yes I did see the RB last year, and for most of the game he sucked. So bad that people we're calling for the backup QB in the stands. It took a miracle come back to save that game. Beating UM isnt that big of a deal look what SC did to them in the RB the year b4

Koopa
12-24-2005, 12:22 AM
don't underestimate jamal charles, selvin young, ramonce taylor. they are some good running backs, benson is a choke artist in big games, last season was the most he ever ran against ou so and he didn't have a lot, he's a good back but chokes. vince will carry this team. ut is way better then ND and ND almost beat them. this is gonna be a close game for awhile and then that boi vince young will take over and then all you usc fans will be left crying cause ya'll couldn't win 2 and a half national championships

Go_Cats
12-24-2005, 12:32 AM
You know, Texas has been pretty fortunate They played OSU without Troy Smith (maybe half the game), OU without AP (3 carries) and A&M without Reggie McNeal. Don't know if they would have have made a difference but you have to admit, dang lucky...

J. Charles has been injured most of the year, and I dont think R. Taylor is as good as Charles or Benson.

BB2W
12-24-2005, 12:38 AM
I gotta pull for the underdog in this one... GO TEXAS!!!

Koopa
12-24-2005, 12:42 AM
well jamal charles has finally had a whole month to heal and will be back to his early season self, taylor isn't all great but he is a threat. don't underestimate him, he can break one real fast. it's going to be a good game but i think usc is overrated, and ut will be the national champs

hmmmmmmmm
12-24-2005, 01:59 AM
I mean I think they're schedule is more difficult than UTs (not saying much) I feel that the Big 12 has had ample chances to get the job done and have failed miserably.

So youre saying that the Longhorns dont deserve to go cause OU got beat up twice???? Seems stupid to me....

I dont think I'm going to get any pleasure out of SC raping Texas, atleast with OU there was some speculation surrounding the game. SC is just so much better than Texas its not even funny, Texas is nearly identical to last years UT team that lost to OU 12-0, and this year they're minus Benson and DJ. Does anyone seriously think that USC isnt going to rape Texas?

This also seems stupid youre tellin me a team that got run over and around by Fresno State is gonna dominate a much MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better rushing and passing Texas team? You are high on something if you think USC is the same team as last year or the year before that D is straight up ass and Texas is gonna prove it to you like Fresno, ND and a couple of other teams have.

Texas is not identical to the team last year either everyone has gotten a shitload better and take off Benson but add three other Rbs who have stepped up and you aint missing much....not to mention Young has improved by leaps and bounds

Yes I did see the RB last year, and for most of the game he sucked. So bad that people we're calling for the backup QB in the stands. It took a miracle come back to save that game. Beating UM isnt that big of a deal look what SC did to them in the RB the year b4

Are you talking about Vince Young???? I hope you arent cause .......I just dont know

You know, Texas has been pretty fortunate They played OSU without Troy Smith (maybe half the game), OU without AP (3 carries) and A&M without Reggie McNeal. Don't know if they would have have made a difference but you have to admit, dang lucky...

What about OSUs D????? We put together long drives to get every point we got.....where they were basically handed 3 points 5 times. You can make excuses if you want but everyone with a brain knows USC shouldnt be in this game not because they arent the best but because they shoulda lost to ND.......talk about luck......and cheaters.

PSU doesnt deserve shit more then the Longhorns.....just because they finally put something together they deserve to go???? I bet yall were the same ones saying VT is a better team then Texas and they should go :rolleyes:

Suitanim
12-24-2005, 08:20 AM
OMG!! OMF'NG!!! PSU is nowhere on the level of ut. and i can see where you say the big 12is overrated but ya'll some dumbasses to think ut is overrated. if anything psu is overrated who the hell is in their confrence that's worht a damn? osu? last i checked ut beat them. and then look at usc they some over hyped *****es too. oregon who the hell are they? ucla wtf shouldn't even be ranked in the top 100 with the d they have. usc cheated against ND, reggie pushing matt into the endzone wtf kinda shit is that, and then them not even spotting the ball in the right spot when matt fumbled. fresno state scared teh living day lights out of them.

and saying psu vs usc is a better national championship game is just plain ****ing stupid. that game would get nowhere the hype this game is getting the ratings would be shit, the game wouldn't even be close.

Hate to rain on parades and such, but let's look at shared opponents.

OSU SHOULD have beat UT, but OSU only COULD have beat PSU.

Ryan Hamby catches that TD pass where he was wide open and alone in the back of the endzone, and that game is OVER.

I'd say PSU could play with either of these teams.

Regardless, though, my National Championship game is in the Fiesta...I'm only slightly interested in UT/USC, and, although I'm sick of hearing about how USC could beat a pro team and all that nonsense, I could really care less who wins.

hmmmmmmmm
12-24-2005, 11:41 AM
I dont think OSU should have won even if they caught that TD pass. If you look at when we got the ball at the 20 yard line after we recovered the fumble we would have got a TD had we not just been tryin to run out the clock (I still think it was a TD they just never reviewed the play). I dont think any team deserves to win that can only get 5 field goals when they get the ball deep in the other teams territory (not counting the 36 yard TD pass). Pretty much goes to show that the D held them in check.....

Suitanim
12-24-2005, 06:04 PM
I dont think OSU should have won even if they caught that TD pass. If you look at when we got the ball at the 20 yard line after we recovered the fumble we would have got a TD had we not just been tryin to run out the clock (I still think it was a TD they just never reviewed the play). I dont think any team deserves to win that can only get 5 field goals when they get the ball deep in the other teams territory (not counting the 36 yard TD pass). Pretty much goes to show that the D held them in check.....

Ummm...duh! What are you talking about? Did you watch the game? Hamby catches that pass, and with a few minutes left OSU takes a 27-15 lead. Watch, think, learn and listen before you speak...

hmmmmmmmm
12-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Learn and listen before I speak lol wtf. Youre talking about what COULD have happened and ruling Texas done if they caught that pass which I dont think would have been the case.....difference of opinion maybe. Dont forget its all what COULD have happened....no one can be wrong.

I dont even know why I got into this cause the thread is the UT vs. USC Rose Bowl thread.....not who do you think was robbed or should be in

Suitanim
12-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Learn and listen before I speak lol wtf. Youre talking about what COULD have happened and ruling Texas done if they caught that pass which I dont think would have been the case.....difference of opinion maybe. Dont forget its all what COULD have happened....no one can be wrong.

I dont even know why I got into this cause the thread is the UT vs. USC Rose Bowl thread.....not who do you think was robbed or should be in

None of this junk even made sense, but you are cheering for the right team THIS YEAR, so, I'll let iy go...

hmmmmmmmm
12-24-2005, 08:01 PM
What do you mean none of my "junk" made sense? Im guessing you were sayin it was done if OSU took a 27-15 lead.....I dont think it would have been over. You were talking about what could have happened and I was as well....no one can be wrong if were talking about what could have happened so I was watching and thinking when I typed what I typed.....

Koopa
12-24-2005, 09:32 PM
None of this junk even made sense, but you are cheering for the right team THIS YEAR, so, I'll let iy go...

well if vince comes back, we'll still be cheering for the right team, we'll only get better we ain't loseing that many important players to this team. but if vince leaves then we'll go back to playing in the holiday bowl every year

Ambridge
12-25-2005, 08:26 AM
USC-31
Texas-17

It doesn't get much better for the Trojans getting to play for another National Championship in their home stadium at the LA Colliseum.

Go_Cats
12-25-2005, 12:28 PM
USC-31
Texas-17

It doesn't get much better for the Trojans getting to play for another National Championship in their home stadium at the LA Colliseum.
Actually its in UCLA's home stadium the Rose Bowl. But its almost a home game b/c its only 5 minutes from the Colliseum.

Ambridge
12-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Actually its in UCLA's home stadium the Rose Bowl. But its almost a home game b/c its only 5 minutes from the Colliseum.

Thanks for the correction. Obviously I got the stadiums mixed up.

Koopa
12-26-2005, 10:47 PM
damn i love how ya'll think UT is gonna be a push over. i sure hope ya'll return to this thread after the game on Jan. 4th when UT proves all you doubters wrong

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 11:18 PM
No pushover, not by a long stretch..atleast not IMO... its gonna be a game to remember, one of the best national title games we've ever seen..

I still think USC will win, but it will be no cakewalk ...

Brady12
12-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Sorry Trojan fans, I'm taking Texas in this one!

Koopa
12-27-2005, 01:56 AM
No pushover, not by a long stretch..atleast not IMO... its gonna be a game to remember, one of the best national title games we've ever seen..

I still think USC will win, but it will be no cakewalk ...

see you're smart at least you know it's gonna be a badass game, even though you are picking the wrong team to win :grin:

Koopa
12-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Sorry Trojan fans, I'm taking Texas in this one!

very wise move lol

Go_Cats
12-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Here's the big edge of the game:

Coaching.

Mack Brown is really a recruiter. He's bad with X's and O's. Pete Carroll is going to eat him for lunch. Anytime Pete Carroll has more than a week to prepare good things happen. As evident by the OU and UCLA games.

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 07:57 AM
I am really hoping for a 13-13 tie. Then Penn State has a 41-0 victory and is crowned National Champion! LOL

Koopa
12-27-2005, 01:36 PM
well in college there is no ties, and f' penn state lol

everyone said the same shit last year about mack brown during the rose bowl but when you got vince young you don't need to be perfect with the x's and o's. vince is a play maker and always steps up when the games are on the line.

Koopa
01-03-2006, 11:26 PM
well less then a day till the longhorns win their second straight rose bowl, still time for the doubters to jump ship

hmmmmmmmm
01-03-2006, 11:31 PM
lol and where are those people who said USC Vs PSU would be a better game? Having trouble beating a team ranked 22nd without their best defensive player..........thats NC material.....

Koopa
01-03-2006, 11:43 PM
well one of those ppl that said that, i think i scared from posting in this thread but i don't know where the other ppl are

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 10:00 AM
The Pac 10 is cushy soft, 16 year old teenage girl soft, cotton candy soft. Since the two teams haven't played, again, let's just try to get a feel for shared opponents and stuff. ND probably should have beat USC, except for a flukey couple bounces of the ball at the very end of the game...then ND got pretty badly beat up (and the game was worse than the score) against OSU, that did get beat by UT. Also, UT basically pummelled everyone else they played (Texas A&M was their only non-OSU non-blowout), while USC was in some close games against a decent team and a couple VERY questionable opponents (ASU, Fresno State, ND).

Now look at bowl match-ups. UCLA needed a shootout to beat Northwestern, a fairly average team that tied for 4th in the big 10. Oregon was a joke that lost to a completely average Oklahoma team, and the team that gave USC it's biggest scare, Fresno State, lost it's bowl game to, of all teams, Tulsa.

Of course, until the two teams meet, we can only speculate, but the deeper I look into this match-up, I see more and more reasons why UT can and should win.

Go_Cats
01-04-2006, 10:29 AM
The Pac 10 is cushy soft, 16 year old teenage girl soft, cotton candy soft. Since the two teams haven't played, again, let's just try to get a feel for shared opponents and stuff. ND probably should have beat USC, except for a flukey couple bounces of the ball at the very end of the game...then ND got pretty badly beat up (and the game was worse than the score) against OSU, that did get beat by UT. Also, UT basically pummelled everyone else they played (Texas A&M was their only non-OSU non-blowout), while USC was in some close games against a decent team and a couple VERY questionable opponents (ASU, Fresno State, ND).

Now look at bowl match-ups. UCLA needed a shootout to beat Northwestern, a fairly average team that tied for 4th in the big 10. Oregon was a joke that lost to a completely average Oklahoma team, and the team that gave USC it's biggest scare, Fresno State, lost it's bowl game to, of all teams, Tulsa.

Of course, until the two teams meet, we can only speculate, but the deeper I look into this match-up, I see more and more reasons why UT can and should win.
The Big 12 is every bit as weak as the pac 10, they're pretty much the same.

Lyn
01-04-2006, 10:36 AM
UT also gets my vote. Hopefully, it will be an exciting game. The Sugar Bowl was lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng lol.

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 10:51 AM
The Bowl game W/L records say differently. Nebraska and Oklahoma winning "upsets", especially the Pac 10 OU losing to the Big 12 OU, say the Big 12 is the better conference. Even straight up, the Big 12 is 4-3 entering tonight's game to the Pac 10's 2-2, meaning half the Pac 10 was bowl worthy and eligible to 75% of the Big 12 being worthy and eligible. Adding to this that USC was in tighter games with inferior competition lends further weight to my argument.

I.C. Lights
01-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Here's the big edge of the game:

Coaching.

Mack Brown is really a recruiter. He's bad with X's and O's. Pete Carroll is going to eat him for lunch. Anytime Pete Carroll has more than a week to prepare good things happen. As evident by the OU and UCLA games.

So far this season, Mack Brown has outcoached Jim Tressel, who outcoached Charlie Weis, who outcoached Pete Carroll. This doesn't mean that one coach is better than the other, as these are only single occurrences, but I don't see any coaching advantage for USC

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Mack Brown didn't outcoach Jim Tressel...Tressel played his game, but the team dropped passes and turned the ball over, and that's NOT Tressel-ball...but I concur with the rest of it...

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 08:34 PM
TO's will kill UT...and are they going to let the LT of USC block in the back all game?

BB2W
01-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Reggie Bush must not have seen the Steelers/Patriots game this year.

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Reggie Bush must not have seen the Steelers/Patriots game this year.

LOL! What a dumbass! UT made 2 key mistakes (Early TO on the kick and going for it with an obvious run at the 50) and USC was only able to make one mistake count. So far, Texas IS being out-coached...

Suitanim
01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Oh boy...giving USC catches that aren't, trying to take interceptions away from UT that are...it's got to be hard enough to win in USC's homefield when the refs AREN'T working against you...if the Horns win this game, they will certainly earn it!

tony hipchest
01-04-2006, 10:54 PM
other than all the turnovers its really playing out like an nfl game. pretty good so far.

usc17
tx16

(ok 23-17 tx)

3 to be 4
01-04-2006, 11:06 PM
holy crap. this game is GREAT!

Prosdo
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
This one is a really fun one to watch.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
i would love to get lendale white on our team thishyear it would be great

Prosdo
01-04-2006, 11:28 PM

He is looking very good this game.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-04-2006, 11:31 PM
That Run Was Amazing
And White Has Over 100yrds.
Wow...bush Nice Td

tony hipchest
01-05-2006, 12:28 AM
great game! defense in the 1st half and offense in the second. nice to see the underdog win even though i didnt have any rooting interests going in.

BB2W
01-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Great game!!!.... and Congrats Koopa. :cool:

Prosdo
01-05-2006, 12:36 AM
This was a very good game. Very entertaining to say the least.

augustashark
01-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Koopa, baby you got one now.........Soak it in brother...Braging rights for one full year!

ngreene15
01-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Lendale and Willie would be quite the one, two punch. We'd be set at RB for another 10 years.

Brady12
01-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Congratulations Texas. You shut down Reggie Bush, and Vince Young proved why he is wicked.

Koopa
01-05-2006, 01:38 AM
*screaming at top of lungs* WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YEAH BABY, WHERE THE DOUBTERS AT WHERE YOU AT??, ain't no one stoppin that boi vince mother****in young ain't no one got shit on him. DON'T EVER EVER EVER EVER DOUBT VINCE YOUNG, he'll always come through in the clutch no matter what. chea, mayne what a day, reggie bush is overrated and that boi lendal is amazing. anyway damn thanks for the congrats from some of ya'll i need to read more to see if that boi go cats has come back

ngreene15
01-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Congratulations Texas. You shut down Reggie Bush, and Vince Young proved why he is wicked.
Not quite.. Reggie Bush rushing...R. Bush 13 82 1 26 ... Receiving...R. Bush 6 95 0 37

But good job Texas... And congrats Koopa, don't party too hard tonight. I bet Texas is going bananas right now.

Koopa
01-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Not quite.. Reggie Bush rushing...R. Bush 13 82 1 26 ... Receiving...R. Bush 6 95 0 37

But good job Texas... And congrats Koopa, don't party too hard tonight. I bet Texas is going bananas right now.

well he had decent stats for an average player, the way ppl were on his nuts all month you'd think he would've got 200 rushing 300 recieving in the first half.

anyway thanks, i live in a little town there wasn't really anyone out, me and my freinds just drove down the streets honking and throwing up our horns and playing that we are the champions song.

ngreene15
01-05-2006, 01:57 AM
well he had decent stats for an average player, the way ppl were on his nuts all month you'd think he would've got 200 rushing 300 recieving in the first half.

anyway thanks, i live in a little town there wasn't really anyone out, me and my freinds just drove down the streets honking and throwing up our horns and playing that we are the champions song.

But the guy has mad skills... An amazing athlete. I don't think he's overrated at all.

Where's the Texas campus, in Austin? You should drive there and be there when the team gets home.

Think of how it will feel when the Steelers win the Superbowl.:smile:

Prosdo
01-05-2006, 02:01 AM
But the guy has mad skills... An amazing athlete. I don't think he's overrated at all.

I agree ngreene. The guy definitely has some great skills. How he will do in the NFL is still unknown, but I think he'll do fine.

Koopa
01-05-2006, 02:06 AM
i don't think reggie will dominate, look what happens when he plays a fast d. everyone is fast in the nfl he'll just be another good back nothing to special

Koopa
01-05-2006, 02:08 AM
Lendale and Willie would be quite the one, two punch. We'd be set at RB for another 10 years.

damn why did lendale have to do badass if he comes out the only way we get him is if we trade down in the draft

ngreene15
01-05-2006, 02:09 AM
i don't think reggie will dominate, look what happens when he plays a fast d. everyone is fast in the nfl he'll just be another good back nothing to special

I actually think he'll grow into a back very similar to LT... But right now IMO, he's faster and a better athlete than LT.

I know one thing for sure... He'll make the Texans a better team.

ngreene15
01-05-2006, 02:12 AM
damn why did lendale have to do badass if he comes out the only way we get him is if we trade down in the draft

He's been tearing it up all year tho... There is still a chance we can get him, there will be a lot of players chosen before him I think.

Prosdo
01-05-2006, 02:24 AM
He's been tearing it up all year tho... There is still a chance we can get him, there will be a lot of players chosen before him I think.

Depends on the teams before us and what their big need is. We may very well have to trade up.

Motley Nate
01-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Congrats Koopa!

Awesome game. Vince Young proved to be the premier guy in college football last night. Bush had a decent game but didn't control it the way Young did.

Hook 'em!!!!

Suitanim
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Congrats Koop and UT...enjoy it! You next loss looms 248 days from now, September 9th 2006 in Austin, when THE Ohio State Buckeyes take their revenge!

Koopa
01-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Congrats Koop and UT...enjoy it! You next loss looms 248 days from now, September 9th 2006 in Austin, when THE Ohio State Buckeyes take their revenge!

you better pray every day that vince decides that there is nothing left for him in college and decides not to come back cause if he does it's over we gone repeat this *****.

clevestinks
01-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Koopa, Congrats, I know you really wanted this one. Now a Steelers Superbowl then you would be on cloud nine for awhile

SteelerzGirl
01-05-2006, 10:00 PM
^5 Koopa! You're da man! :bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Congrats Koopa!! What a truely awesome game it was and Vince was nothing short of on FIRE !!

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 09:36 AM
you better pray every day that vince decides that there is nothing left for him in college and decides not to come back cause if he does it's over we gone repeat this *****.

Didn't USC say the same thing about Leinert? How'd that turned out for them?

No doubt it would be a closer game with Vince there, but I'm sure he'll head to the NFL, as will 70% of the Buckeyes starting D...however, almost every player on O will be back next year, which will make them a very dangerous team indeed.