PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Fans Are The Classiest I Have Ever Seen

Rek
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
In a world where there are arrogant teams and even more arrogant fans, finally there is a team and supporters that are classy. IMO, the majority (not all) of fans of Baltimore, New England, etc. are quick to talk smack and when they lose, make excuses and bitch and whine about how the refs screwed them or how the better team lost. Every single SD fan I have seen/met/talked to has been a total class act and have shown respect and admitted the Steelers were the better team on Sunday. I am not surprised, because it all starts with the classiest, most respected player in the league on their team, LT. I really feel for the Chargers and almost wish they played in the NFC just so we could meet them again maybe. There is no other team in the NFL that is as talented as the Chargers that have not won a championship yet.
So to all you San Diego fans, on behalf of all of Steeler Nation, thank you for keeping it classy and being respectful and knowledgeable. It was a fresh and welcome approach, esp. since we now play the Ravens and their fans are on the opposite end of the spectrum from you guys. SD Chargers truly made this a fun week and an awesome game and enjoyable to watch. Even if we would've lost, I wouldn't have been mad. Congrats on a tremendous season. Go Steelers. :tt02:

jjpro11
01-12-2009, 12:10 AM
completely different from those tennessee profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilters.

tony hipchest
01-12-2009, 12:15 AM
alot of the chargerfans who joined were really cool. had they won, i woulda been pulling for them to beat either the ratbirds or the titans.

JEFF4i
01-12-2009, 12:32 AM
I gotta agree, most Chargers fans are pretty cool, and have taken an incredible season in stride.

MathWiz
01-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Thank you,

We have some idiots, what family doesn't have that cousin you don't want anyone to know you are related to,

The Steelers played a great game on both sides of the ball and had the luck for wierd things (punt off a helmet) to go their way.

It is going to be a great win next week for your Steelers.

Charles

FSUBoo
01-12-2009, 02:23 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q10/FSUBoo/RonBurgundy.gif

Sorry I just had to add that lol.

Aussie_steeler
01-12-2009, 03:58 AM
Also a very honest bunch - gotta respect their outlook after todays game (particularly with todays trend to b*tch and moan about anything but the cold hard facts)

What's the biggest issue that kept the Chargers from advancing further into the playoffs?

Response Percent Votes
Pittsburgh is just a better team ............................49% 1869 votes
Injuries to L.T. and others .......................................7% 273 votes
Chargers defense reverted to its old self ............23% 901 votes
Not enough protection for Philip Rivers ...............3% 118 votes
Unimaginative playcalling ......................................4% 168 votes
Poor play on special teams ..................................3% 139 votes
Inability of Bolts offense to run the ball................ 8% 313 votes
3781 total votes

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/polls/2009/jan/chargers-poll-postgame-steelers/results/

HometownGal
01-12-2009, 06:04 AM
I really enjoyed having (most) of the Chargers fans around here over this past week and hope that they drop in and say hello once in a while! Classiest bunch of opponents' fans that we've had in the 2-1/2 years I've been here at SF! :drink::hug:

stillers4me
01-12-2009, 06:04 AM
If it had been a close game, you can believe they would be bitching and whining.

SBL1721
01-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys for the nice compliments. The Steelers were the better team which I knew all along but thought the Chargers would have a chance. It's kinda hard to win a game when you only touch the ball once in a quarter lol, that's was crazy! I've never seen that before, you guys totally dominated us and deserve the win. I'm proud of my Chargers and how they turned their season around, they had a good run. Well....maybe next year.
Good luck against Baltimore, I'm also a Ravens fan so I'll be rooting for them but good luck anyways!:thumbsup:

BrandonCarr39
01-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys for the nice compliments. The Steelers were the better team which I knew all along but thought the Chargers would have a chance. It's kinda hard to win a game when you only touch the ball once in a quarter lol, that's was crazy! I've never seen that before, you guys totally dominated us and deserve the win. I'm proud of my Chargers and how they turned their season around, they had a good run. Well....maybe next year.
Good luck against Baltimore, I'm also a Ravens fan so I'll be rooting for them but good luck anyways!:thumbsup:

Next year you guys should get back healthy and reloaded, and become contenders again. Norv did a great job this year despite injuries to Merriman, Gates, LT, Rivers recovering from that knee injury early, and a couple of heart-breaking losses to boot.

BTW-any chance our teams will meet next Thanksgiving? I doubt if it'll be the Raiders b/c they suck!

Jammer
01-12-2009, 08:42 AM
than you all and good luck with the Ravens

HometownGal
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM

:jawdrop: You eerily remind me of someone around here. :chuckle:

markymarc
01-12-2009, 12:58 PM
No doubt the Bolt fans have been very kind and classy. And please continue to swing by and talk football in the off season.

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 01:02 PM
For some reason this thread made me throw up in my mouth...just a little.

VTsteel
01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Agreed!

Though I'd still say we The Steeler Nation are the classiest of them all!

Right now . . . SD"s a close 2nd. Also most (that i've talked to) are going to be pulling for us against Baltimore.

I personally am opening the bandwagon up for my friends, family and co-workers. They're all welcome to help pull for the B & G! I love it!

Definitely wearing my colors with pride today :sign01:

. . . All aboard!

nickelbolt
01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
It's not easy, but we try.

Steelers are gonna win the Superbowl.

:cheers:

Rek
01-12-2009, 02:20 PM

LOL, why? It's the fans we are talking about not the team. The fans are just like us. Spend their hard-earned money on tons of team merch, go to the games no matter the distance or weather, and follow the players through good and bad seasons. The only difference between Chargers/Steelers fans and fans of Tenn/Dallas/NE/Ravens is that when our teams lose, we own up to it, rather than :blah: and complain.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Ya it was refreshing after being attack by the Titans fans, god were they dumb Sh*% Heads

drizze99
01-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I have to agree. I met and talked in length with 2 Charger fans during the regular season. They flew in from SD for the game!

Anyways, I gave them a proper Pittsburgh welcome and handed them a nice cold IRON!

When Lightning Strikes
01-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I really like the team that the steelers have...Very talented.

Chargers just need to work a little bit on not dancing around and celebrating the only sack of the game. The defense worked hard, but they were just overcome by pure heart. Steelers were the better team and the distance in the pocket around Ben proved that our D-line needs some imporvement.

I have not doubts that the Steelers will win the superbowl.

Rek
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I really like the team that the steelers have...Very talented.

Chargers just need to work a little bit on not dancing around and celebrating the only sack of the game. The defense worked hard, but they were just overcome by pure heart. Steelers were the better team and the distance in the pocket around Ben proved that our D-line needs some imporvement.

I have not doubts that the Steelers will win the superbowl.

I wish I were as confident as you.
:tt::tt::tt:I must believe, I must believe, I must believe...:tt::tt::tt:

HometownGal
01-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Ya it was refreshing after being attack by the Titans fans, god were they dumb Sh*% Heads

Very true. But - who is having the last laugh now? :toofunny::laughing: Must really suck for them to be drowning in their own slobber.

aries4972
01-12-2009, 03:00 PM

amen brother....

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
LOL, why? It's the fans we are talking about not the team. The fans are just like us. Spend their hard-earned money on tons of team merch, go to the games no matter the distance or weather, and follow the players through good and bad seasons. The only difference between Chargers/Steelers fans and fans of Tenn/Dallas/NE/Ravens is that when our teams lose, we own up to it, rather than :blah: and complain.

LOL it's not personal....I just think all the gushing and mushy stuff is funny. It's as if the people here actually played the game. I feel the same way about the "smack talking" threads.

:popcorn:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
still don't care much for them and there team! enough said!

Rek
01-12-2009, 03:58 PM
LOL it's not personal....I just think all the gushing and mushy stuff is funny. It's as if the people here actually played the game. I feel the same way about the "smack talking" threads.

:popcorn:

A man can dream, can't he? :thumbsup:

steelpride12
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
There were a few asshole fans at the game last night, but im sure they were drunk. The one with an LT jersey just kept moving in circles screaming Chargersssss.

Stylez1877
01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Read this thread http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=64840

and tell me that Chargers fans are classy.

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
There were a few asshole fans at the game last night, but im sure they were drunk. The one with an LT jersey just kept moving in circles screaming Chargersssss.

HAHHAH. i wonder how many jumped off the bridges last night after the game.. hahhah

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM

F charger fans, there dump of a city and stadium and fans...

that's why i can't stand there fans and there douch bag QB..

Hope they never win a SB in there stinkin life!

jev7452
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
i disagree with that last post but i agree with the topic of this thread! my manager is from san diego and is a diehard fan and of course there was the light hearted smack talk before the game but after they lost he couldnt stop talking about how incredible pittsburgh looked! loved it!

Rek
01-12-2009, 04:13 PM

I read it. Chargers fans are classy. There was like one or two people who were a little sour and rightfully so. They weren't attacking you personally, hell there are people on our own forum that are bigger jerks than those one or two people.

Rek
01-12-2009, 04:14 PM
F charger fans, there dump of a city and stadium and fans...

that's why i can't stand there fans and there douch bag QB..

Hope they never win a SB in there stinkin life!

Tell us how you really feel. :chuckle:

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
These threads are stupid because every team has shitty fans and every team has nicer, educated fans. Being a fan in a city spans all demographics. They don't care if you are trashy retard or a well mannered socialite.

I have been to plenty of Steeler games where drunken assholes (steeler fans) started crap with anyone within earshot. Morons are everywhere, people, even in Pittsburgh.

That being said, generally I sense Steeler fans are decent folks as whole. I am in the MIchigan fan club and we welcome other team's fans at the bar to watch the game. It's always good natured ribbing.

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I read it. Chargers fans are classy. There was like one or two people who were a little sour and rightfully so. They weren't attacking you personally, hell there are people on our own forum that are bigger jerks than those one or two people.

are you a charger fan?? guess you forgot all the trolling, and smack talkin, and chest punping, they were doing on here before yesterday!

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Tell us how you really feel. :chuckle:

:toofunny: I guess i hate them more then other, cause i live here in LA and they are all over.. every year it's the same from them " we are going to the SB this year" and all that nonsense!! i just laugh and tell them " so who's your HC again? :rofl:

Rek
01-12-2009, 04:19 PM
are you a charger fan?? guess you forgot all the trolling, and smack talkin, and chest punping, they were doing on here before yesterday!

Hell no I'm not a Chargers fan, but I'm a believer in respect is earned and I haven't met a bad Chargers fan since our first game against them this year so I can't say anything bad about them.

Stylez1877
01-12-2009, 04:20 PM

I understand how they are dissapointed, and rightfully so, but what I WOULDN'T be doing, had we lost, would be ragging on the City of San Deigo, and its citizens.
Are you positive you read the post? Because they are attacking me, personally.

And I quote
"They're just bitter there is nothing else to do in Pittsburgh except watch football, smoke, eat and grunt"

"Knuckledragger is the word that comes to mind when I ponder the Steelers and their garden variety faithful."" I guess if we had to live there, we'd be rabid about any source of entertainment we could get too, eh"

"LOL Have ever SEEN a woman from Pittsburgh? I had a blind date with one once, but we were asked to leave the restaurant because she kept trying to graze on the decorative plants!"

How is that not personally insulting me??
And those quotes are all from different people..

Rek
01-12-2009, 04:21 PM
:toofunny: I guess i hate them more then other, cause i live here in LA and they are all over.. every year it's the same from them " we are going to the SB this year" and all that nonsense!! i just laugh and tell them " so who's your HC again? :rofl:

What is it with head coaches and the AFC West? I think all four teams have gone through more staff changes in recent events than games won by the Raiders. :sofunny:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 04:22 PM
What is it with head coaches and the AFC West? I think all four teams have gone through more staff changes in recent events than games won by the Raiders. :sofunny:

yeah all there coaches stink! The only guy that is kinda proven but has no damn help at all the herm in KC...

Rek
01-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I understand how they are dissapointed, and rightfully so, but what I WOULDN'T be doing, had we lost, would be ragging on the City of San Deigo, and its citizens.
Are you positive you read the post? Because they are attacking me, personally.

And I quote
"They're just bitter there is nothing else to do in Pittsburgh except watch football, smoke, eat and grunt"

"Knuckledragger is the word that comes to mind when I ponder the Steelers and their garden variety faithful."" I guess if we had to live there, we'd be rabid about any source of entertainment we could get too, eh"

"LOL Have ever SEEN a woman from Pittsburgh? I had a blind date with one once, but we were asked to leave the restaurant because she kept trying to graze on the decorative plants!"

How is that not personally insulting me??
And those quotes are all from different people..

1) Unless all you do is watch football, smoke, eat and grunt, how is this offensive? They never met you and you never met them, aren't you being a wee bit sensitive?

2) They referred to citizens of Pittsburgh as monkeys. What's wrong with that? Monkeys are pretty bad ass.

3) Unless you are a woman or was the person he dated, again, I think you are just being sensitive.

:hug: Can't we all get along?

Stylez1877
01-12-2009, 04:30 PM
What are you on about???

This thread is about Chargers fans being classy, where as I disagreed the point, and provided evidence to the contrary, where they are insulting Pittsburgh as a whole.

Rek
01-12-2009, 04:38 PM
What are you on about???

This thread is about Chargers fans being classy, where as I disagreed the point, and provided evidence to the contrary, where they are insulting Pittsburgh as a whole.

Five people are insulting a city of 300,000, yet you are the only one who's offended. :coffee: Ho-hum, move on.

Stylez1877
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Or are you just offended because I am disproving your thread title..:doh:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
*** thread patrol***

break it up fellas.. LOL

nah really i don't even know why we fighting about the chargers and there fans.

thebus36idf
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Regarding the Bolts fan that gave us kuddos, and said I hope the Ravens win because I'm a Ravens fan too???? No disrespect but you throw the word FAN around like its nothing. I don't have the energy to be a fan of more than one team. Watching these guys is like watching my children out there. I am very dedicated, and loyal to just them. Again no disrespect, and more power to ya, to me it would be like juggling two wives

MathWiz
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
The Sports Talk radio guys this morning in San Diego said that last week the felt that the Super Bowl Champions would come from our game on Sunday, and they still felt the same, after watching all four games, the best team was the Steelers, and they felt that the Steelers would win their sixth Lombardi Trophy.

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~hurley/Steelers_6.jpg

Charles

jcdavey08
01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
all fanbases have the good and the bad

i think what played a part in us being pretty accepting of the beatdown was the fact that alot of us were frankly shocked to make it to january with all that's gone wrong this season

i'm pretty proud of the team, despite how horrible the D looked

and what can be said, pitt just executed their game plan and us

nickelbolt
01-12-2009, 06:31 PM
all fanbases have the good and the bad

i think what played a part in us being pretty accepting of the beatdown was the fact that alot of us were frankly shocked to make it to january with all that's gone wrong this season

i'm pretty proud of the team, despite how horrible the D looked

and what can be said, pitt just executed their game plan and us

^^^^ what he said :wave:

Ravengirl
01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I actually would have to say Titan's fans are the sweetest. They were very nice to me. Well, before the game anyway.

Nighthawk
01-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I'd just ignore the thread on Charger boards. They can stereotype all they want, but in the end it's just a couple of whiners making the most noise (no different then what they're complaining about on our side). I'm sure they fail to mention or are just jealous at how vast and wide spread the Steelers fan base is (being an online gamer there are friends I play with from as far as Denmark who cheer and stay up to watch steeler games). Just have to ignore the few whiners/bad fans and look at the majority. Like I said yesterday once you get past the bandwagon fans the Chargers have the true fans are pretty cool people

welder4pit
01-12-2009, 08:13 PM

and tell me that Chargers fans are classy.He is just jealous he dont hav b lz enough to be a steelers fan

SBL1721
01-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Regarding the Bolts fan that gave us kuddos, and said I hope the Ravens win because I'm a Ravens fan too???? No disrespect but you throw the word FAN around like its nothing. I don't have the energy to be a fan of more than one team. Watching these guys is like watching my children out there. I am very dedicated, and loyal to just them. Again no disrespect, and more power to ya, to me it would be like juggling two wives

No doubt. The Chargers are MY team, I've always rooted for the Ravens as well, yeah I'm a fan of the Ravens, I may have a Ravens shirt but my loyalty is to the Chargers, I've been a fan my whole life because I grew up there. My Dad is from Baltimore so I started rooting for the Ravens through him. If the Ravens win I'll be happy as hell and if they lose then oh well, not like the feeling of nausea I get when the Chargers lose. It's ok, people are allowed to root for more than one team, trust me.