PDA

View Full Version : Cowher whining again, does he ever NOT complain? Says Ben should be in Pro bowl

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Cowher, Porter and others expressed displeasure that other Steelers were not chosen. Cowher mentioned wide receiver Hines Ward, whose Pro Bowl streak ended at four, and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on offense.

"These two guys are not going to have stats compared to other players at their positions because of how we play the game," Cowher said. "You can judge quarterbacks all that you want, but, if you look at the won-loss percentage based on what these guys have done when they are playing, our quarterback can match up with anybody. Hines Ward, I think you know what he is. I think a lot of times people are looking at numbers when they vote."

:crying03: :crying03: :crying03:

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Facts are facts! Go Cats even you have enough football knowledge to know that Hines Ward shouold have been a pro bowler ove Chris Chambers! Ben thats a tough call, he has missed almost 5 complete games, and Palmer is playing great, and Brady well Brady is Brady!

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 08:26 PM
most qb's dont go in their 2nd year and hines isnt a self promoter; but yes, his td totals and production on the field do merit consideration. he will make it as an alternate. i notice you didnt mention casey hampton.

oh wait...you probably think richard seymour or jonothan ogden had great years huh?

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 08:28 PM
I just cant believe he thinks Ben should go, there are about 6 other QBs in the AFC more worthy of going.

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I just cant believe he thinks Ben should go, there are about 6 other QBs in the AFC more worthy of going.
I hate to agree here, and I`m not a trader. If Ben would have played the entire season, and duplicated the games that he did play, then there may be an arguement. But considering he didn`t play we`ll never know.
Although there is nothing wrong with Coach Cowher getting behind his players!

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 08:36 PM

mike vick is going. tell me...how many other qb's have a better winning % than ben in the afc??? not that the 3 going arent good but 6 others in the AFC??????? LOL!!!!!!!!! ben has a higher passer rating than palmer (again)

or are you one of the idiots who think even t. maddox can lead that team to wins?

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 08:39 PM
mike vick is going. tell me...how many other qb's have a better winning % than ben in the afc??? not that the 3 going arent good but 6 others in the AFC??????? LOL!!!!!!!!! ben has a higher passer rating than palmer (again)

or are you one of the idiots who think even t. maddox can lead that team to wins?
Thats the NFC, apples and oranges

Manning
Brady
Palmer
Plummer
Brees

These guys for sure, and maybe 1 more

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 08:41 PM
The NFC pro bowl team couldn`t beat the Steelers!

Also I am not a Vick the qaurterback fan. The athlete Yes. The QB NO

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 08:41 PM
you still ignore the question at hand. i already know ben is > than vick (directed to go-cats)

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 09:01 PM
The NFC pro bowl team couldn`t beat the Steelers!

Also I am not a Vick the qaurterback fan. The athlete Yes. The QB NO

I dont like Vick either

you still ignore the question at hand. i already know ben is > than vick (directed to go-cats)
your right ben is better than Vick, but Vick is in the NFC, and even than Eli should have gone over him, he had much better stats than Vick

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Can`t argue with Eli over Vick!

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 09:19 PM
ben, brees, green all might have gone if they were in the nfc. but nevermind ben not going. i already know what he has done. the nfc almost had bledsoe and brunell post good enough #'s to go. even tomlinson< in a career season, was left off the roster because of the likes of j. lewis and p. holmes. steelerfans can deal.

and those who think cowher has a problem with ben can put it to rest too. cowher will risk being called a whiner by a bengalfan to go to bat for his qb.

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Cowher, Porter and others expressed displeasure that other Steelers were not chosen. Cowher mentioned wide receiver Hines Ward, whose Pro Bowl streak ended at four, and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on offense.

"These two guys are not going to have stats compared to other players at their positions because of how we play the game," Cowher said. "You can judge quarterbacks all that you want, but, if you look at the won-loss percentage based on what these guys have done when they are playing, our quarterback can match up with anybody. Hines Ward, I think you know what he is. I think a lot of times people are looking at numbers when they vote."

I guess all good streak come to an end. These Guys if not this year will be in the Pro Bowl Next Year. They Need to be more focused on the Playoff run.

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Thats the NFC, apples and oranges

Manning
Brady
Palmer
Plummer
Brees

These guys for sure, and maybe 1 more

manning brady and palmer are already going. you said there are 6 others more deserving than ben in the afc. would you like to revise your list or were you just talkin out your ass?(afters last years perfomance brady should be permanently banned from all pro bowl games)

Go_Cats
12-23-2005, 09:44 PM
I just said 5 and one more is it really that hard to understand?

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 09:51 PM
"I just cant believe he thinks Ben should go, there are about 6 other QBs in the AFC more worthy of going."

I just said 5 and one more is it really that hard to understand?

is that really what you said? so do you call this double speak or back tracking?

answer please......... and then youre revised list.

thats not to hard to understand is it?

UK CANDY BEE
12-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Hines Ward, I think you know what he is.

Yes, the rest of the league knows EXACTLY what Hiney Ward is............. and in case anyone needs a reminder ...........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/FunkyDawg/crybaby1a4jp.gif

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes, the rest of the league knows EXACTLY what Hiney Ward is............. and in case anyone needs a reminder ...........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/FunkyDawg/crybaby1a4jp.gif

is that a picture of a brownsfan after modell ripped the team from cleveland?

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 10:08 PM
is that a picture of a brownsfan after modell ripped the team from cleveland?

The Day Modell Stole The Team From Cleveland was about the only real smart move. The Should be the next one to leave in the middle of the night and maybe they can be the next team to Chicago.

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 10:09 PM
ukcandybee you might as well go call your daddy devo for back-up. you are a "po souljah" LMAO

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 10:11 PM
UK Where does a so called browns fan get off running smack to anybody? Nobody takes you serious, its becoming more and more obvious that instead of coming in here to talk football, and maybe run a little smack. You are just here to run your mouth. I live amongst brownie fans and they would all love to have Hines Ward on thier team. Not to mention the pic you have is after the Steelers lost in the AFC championship game, do you even know what that is, or what it is about? Your just another one of the geeks who tries to act like a bad ass on the computer. wow your are so cool. A face to face meeting would be so awesome

TasmanianTroy271
12-23-2005, 10:17 PM
UK is just like us. We all know that Hines should have gone to the Pro Bowl over Chambers, and Uk is convinced that any of the Browns Roster should have gone for Water Boy. Kordell totally stole it from the Browns, and they want their respect.

UK CANDY BEE
12-23-2005, 10:24 PM
UK Where does a so called browns fan get off running smack to anybody? Nobody takes you serious, its becoming more and more obvious that instead of coming in here to talk football, and maybe run a little smack. You are just here to run your mouth. I live amongst brownie fans and they would all love to have Hines Ward on thier team. Not to mention the pic you have is after the Steelers lost in the AFC championship game, do you even know what that is, or what it is about? Your just another one of the geeks who tries to act like a bad ass on the computer. wow your are so cool. A face to face meeting would be so awesome

Odd .............. did I say Ward sucks ?? Did I ever in any of my posts say the Stoolers suck ?? Did I even say that Ben sucks ?? Or repeat the same stupid crap in a cut and paste manner ??

The answer to all of those is a resounding NO !!

That is the moronic stuff that spammers do. Sure, I take a little (and I DO mean little) jab at a Stooler player or two here and there, but how quickly you are forgetting the post I made where I name no less than THREE Piss & Black players who I would like to see on the Browns ....after they were properly deloused of course !!

I've made some honest and unbiased (mostly) appraisals in my posts, and I've proffered some boots to the can in my posts. I didn't come here to play patty cake or sing kumbaya with you folks, but I didn't come to spam either and I don't believe I have.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Must we keep humoring someone like UK Candy Ass or whatever his name is... the guy just talks pointless smack and isnt worth the effort.. but anyhow..

As far as football talk goes, and QB's.. Ben has the QB rating that would make him worthy of a pro bowl selection.. the problem is there is just so much talent in the AFC this year with QB's playing well all over the place there just wasnt enough spots for Ben and he couldnt make his case enough due to being out for awhile and just not getting his stats high enough to be considered..

Manning, Palmer, Brees, Trent Green, Plummer, all are great candidates to go and Ben would be too but just didnt happen this year.. Ben will make his share of Pro Bowls over his career you can bank on that..

NFL though.. Eli Manning ? comon the guy isnt all that I dont care what anybody says..he hanst proven he can win in a big game situation with any consistency at all.. and Michael Vick just went in on the popular vote, cuz his stats should dont denote a pro bowl bid..

clevestinks
12-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Must we keep humoring someone like UK Candy Ass or whatever his name is... the guy just talks pointless smack and isnt worth the effort.. but anyhow..

As far as football talk goes, and QB's.. Ben has the QB rating that would make him worthy of a pro bowl selection.. the problem is there is just so much talent in the AFC this year with QB's playing well all over the place there just wasnt enough spots for Ben and he couldnt make his case enough due to being out for awhile and just not getting his stats high enough to be considered..

Manning, Palmer, Brees, Trent Green, Plummer, all are great candidates to go and Ben would be too but just didnt happen this year.. Ben will make his share of Pro Bowls over his career you can bank on that..

NFL though.. Eli Manning ? comon the guy isnt all that I dont care what anybody says..he hanst proven he can win in a big game situation with any consistency at all.. and Michael Vick just went in on the popular vote, cuz his stats should dont denote a pro bowl bid..
I think we have him pegged as a 12 to 13 year old young boy. he probably giggles everytime he writes a cuss word! his mommy will probably walk in any minute, and tell him he`ll go blind if he keeps playing with it!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2005, 10:32 PM
I think we have him pegged as a 12 to 13 year old young boy. he probably giggles everytime he writes a cuss word! his mommy will probably walk in any minute, and tell him he`ll go blind if he keeps playing with it!

:toofunny: :toofunny:

rep points to you man, Im still laughing about it !!

tony hipchest
12-23-2005, 10:51 PM
I didn't come here to play patty cake or sing kumbaya with you folks, but I didn't come to spam either and I don't believe I have. only brownsfans accuse others of spamming. why so defensive? just cause everyone here blows your points out of the water, doesnt mean everyone hates you. after all it is browns week and you have stuck around to entertain us with your tirades. good job

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2005, 11:18 PM
only brownsfans accuse others of spamming. why so defensive? just cause everyone here blows your points out of the water, doesnt mean everyone hates you. after all it is browns week and you have stuck around to entertain us with your tirades. good job

Well his tirades can get him banned.

tony hipchest
12-24-2005, 01:33 AM
"I just cant believe he thinks Ben should go, there are about 6 other QBs in the AFC more worthy of going."

is that really what you said? so do you call this double speak or back tracking?

answer please......... and then youre revised list.

thats not to hard to understand is it?

now go cats dont go disappearing from your own thread unless you expect uk candy bee to fight your battle..........

or did you finally remember that palmers numbers are pretty insignificant compared to those that p. manning, mcnabb, or culpepper posted last year.

that manning did it while being benched in the latter parts of games numerous times.

that mcnabb did it when reid benched the starters the final 3 games, plus the time t.o. missed hurt mcnabbs #s

that culpepper did alot of that without r. moss.

or that ben has missed 4 games this year, has had a surgery, needs another surgery, and has played all other games injured, still posting a higher win % and passer rating than palmer. (ben has still only lost 4 professional games started, and didnt need a year of tutorship under the hall of famer kitna to learn to be a playa)

while i see the intent of smack behind your initial post it still comes up rather lame. maybe next time :cool:

Suitanim
12-24-2005, 07:53 AM
That is the moronic stuff that spammers do. Sure, I take a little (and I DO mean little) jab at a Stooler player or two here and there, but how quickly you are forgetting the post I made where I name no less than THREE Piss & Black players who I would like to see on the Browns ....after they were properly deloused of course !!

I know you'll probably ignore this just like the previous challenge, and I'll even give you extra time to run back to your home board and check what your bosses have to say on the matter, but can you name one players for the Browns who would even start for the Steelers?

Steelerbabe28
12-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I think Billy needs to worry about the making it to the big game instead of worry about big ben and the Pro Bowl. Granted he had a good year but he had a better reason to go last year and the three qbs that did go were more deserving this year IMO. Give it time billy and quit your belly aching, Ben will make it eventually.

Steelerbabe28
12-24-2005, 11:21 AM
now go cats dont go disappearing from your own thread unless you expect uk candy bee to fight your battle..........

or did you finally remember that palmers numbers are pretty insignificant compared to those that p. manning, mcnabb, or culpepper posted last year.

that manning did it while being benched in the latter parts of games numerous times.

that mcnabb did it when reid benched the starters the final 3 games, plus the time t.o. missed hurt mcnabbs #s

that culpepper did alot of that without r. moss.

or that ben has missed 4 games this year, has had a surgery, needs another surgery, and has played all other games injured, still posting a higher win % and passer rating than palmer. (ben has still only lost 4 professional games started, and didnt need a year of tutorship under the hall of famer kitna to learn to be a playa)

while i see the intent of smack behind your initial post it still comes up rather lame. maybe next time :cool:

though I am a Steeler fan I only give credit where credit is due, regardless of the team he plays for. But if anybody got dissed not making the Pro Bowl especailly with the stats he put up while being hurt, is Anquan Boldin. He is doing just as good as Fitzgerald and didnt play in 2 games and IMO is more of a playmaker. Ben will make the Pro Bowl, trust me on that, but not because of his record. He wouldnt have that record if it wasnt for coach billy, the running game and the defense.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2005, 11:57 AM
The cards players tend to get overlooked for pro bowls becuz of their mediocrity for so long.. but boldin and fitzgerald, both 1000 yd recievers are as deserving as any wideout.

Steelerbabe28
12-24-2005, 12:07 PM
In my opinion, I think they are the best 1-2 widout tandem in the NFL. Fitz made the Pro Bowl but I would rather have Boldin myself. That boy is a playmaker.

bengalsfan21
12-24-2005, 05:52 PM
It comes down to who has better numbers for the pro bowl, Chambers must have out done him :grin: as for Ben in the pro bowl :toofunny: I doubt he will make it anytime soon bc like it was stated before "Brady is Brady" and Palmer and Manning will be there all the time if they always play like they have been..............As for Ben having a higher rating what does that mean when Palmer has double the completions, a ton mor TD's double the yards, Hell Palmer has more incompletions then Ben has attempts.

bengalsfan21
12-24-2005, 05:54 PM
though I am a Steeler fan I only give credit where credit is due, regardless of the team he plays for. But if anybody got dissed not making the Pro Bowl especailly with the stats he put up while being hurt, is Anquan Boldin. He is doing just as good as Fitzgerald and didnt play in 2 games and IMO is more of a playmaker. Ben will make the Pro Bowl, trust me on that, but not because of his record. He wouldnt have that record if it wasnt for coach billy, the running game and the defense.

Finally a smart steeler fan :busted: (i'm just josin you guys)

stillers4strife
12-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Ben doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl, certainly when matched up against the previously mentioned AFC QB's.

At the same time, what Cowher did....that's what coaches do. No surprise or big deal.

The fewer Steelers that make the Pro Bowl, the better. One less chance for an injury. Ben needs time to heal up and probably needs surgery after the season so even if he was having the best season of any of the AFC QB's, he probably wouldn't travel to Hawaii. I'd rather Faneca and Hartings, Porter and Pola not go.

As for the rest of them, Pro Bowls are only important as bragging rights for fans and contract negotiations for agents/players. That's it.

As Polamalu said, "I'd rather be known as a Super Bowler, not a Pro Bowler."

Agree with Steelerbabe that Cowher and Co. need to focus on the task at hand which is getting into the playoffs and then the playoffs. Forget about the Pro Bowl.

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 02:25 PM
It comes down to who has better numbers for the pro bowl, Chambers must have out done him :grin: as for Ben in the pro bowl :toofunny: I doubt he will make it anytime soon bc like it was stated before "Brady is Brady" and Palmer and Manning will be there all the time if they always play like they have been..............As for Ben having a higher rating what does that mean when Palmer has double the completions, a ton mor TD's double the yards, Hell Palmer has more incompletions then Ben has attempts. that a little to convinient to leave out that ben missed 4 games and was pulled in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 3 others. so just add a conservative 1000 yds and 10 td's for an accurate comparisson.

Livinginthe past
12-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Ben doesn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl, certainly when matched up against the previously mentioned AFC QB's.

At the same time, what Cowher did....that's what coaches do. No surprise or big deal.

The fewer Steelers that make the Pro Bowl, the better. One less chance for an injury. Ben needs time to heal up and probably needs surgery after the season so even if he was having the best season of any of the AFC QB's, he probably wouldn't travel to Hawaii. I'd rather Faneca and Hartings, Porter and Pola not go.

As for the rest of them, Pro Bowls are only important as bragging rights for fans and contract negotiations for agents/players. That's it.

As Polamalu said, "I'd rather be known as a Super Bowler, not a Pro Bowler."

Agree with Steelerbabe that Cowher and Co. need to focus on the task at hand which is getting into the playoffs and then the playoffs. Forget about the Pro Bowl.

I think ya knocked the nail on the head with that assessment.

Coaches always back their players - Cowher is unlikely to announce to the national media that he doesnt think his starting QB should be going to the Pro-Bowl.

The whole idea of a pro-bowl is phony anyway - its based on stats because very few people ever get to see more than a highlights package of other teams regular season games - Hines does some great downfield blocks but I doubt whether they will make it onto a highlights reel.

You also get a bunch of people voting who know absolutely nothing about football and base their vote on who gets the most media attention (see Michael Vick)

I hope Brady comes in, throws 3 incompletes and is then benched so there is no chnace of an injury in a game that defines 'meaningless'

NM

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 02:48 PM
[)

I hope Brady comes in, throws 3 incompletes and is then benched so there is no chnace of an injury in a game that defines 'meaningless'

NM[/QUOTE]
The meanlingless game part is so true. They should have a proBowl selection and no game, just a free trip to Hawaii