PDA

View Full Version : I LIKE OUR CHANCES.

Justin Otstott
01-12-2009, 08:07 AM
The Ravens d is great but ours is way better...and so is our O. What you guys think?

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 08:09 AM
I think both teams match up well (the first two games show that), but I think the Steelers are healthier and that may tell the tale.

Steelcitygal87
01-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I think if our O-line plays as well next week as they did Sunday...creating holes for Willie and the other runners, giving Ben great protection, I think we will win. I PRAY our running game is as powerful as it was against the Chargers. You see what Chris Johnson did to the RATS when he was in there...the Titans were moving the ball nicely, when he went out with injury the RATS took over. Our D line usually gets pretty good penetration against their O-line...We have gotten to Flacco time and time again and made him throw under pressure, resulting in a favorable outcome for us :tt02: I LOVED how we moved the ball on them in that last drive, the last time we played them, when Holmes made that beautiful catch and TD. That drive was a thing of beauty. The offense ran like a well oiled machine.

GO STEELERS!:tt03::tt03:

TackleMeBen
01-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I think if our O-line plays as well next week as they did Sunday...creating holes for Willie and the other runners, giving Ben great protection, I think we will win. I PRAY our running game is as powerful as it was against the Chargers. You see what Chris Johnson did to the RATS when he was in there...the Titans were moving the ball nicely, when he went out with injury the RATS took over. Our D line usually gets pretty good penetration against their O-line...We have gotten to Flacco time and time again and made him throw under pressure, resulting in a favorable outcome for us :tt02: I LOVED how we moved the ball on them in that last drive, the last time we played them, when Holmes made that beautiful catch and TD. That drive was a thing of beauty. The offense ran like a well oiled machine.

GO STEELERS!:tt03::tt03:
:iagree: the wildcard in this is going to be our OL if they played like they did last night, i have no doubt we can beat the ravens again(my son will be so upset).

markymarc
01-12-2009, 11:28 AM
I think both teams match up well (the first two games show that), but I think the Steelers are healthier and that may tell the tale.

I totally agree about the health point. It appears you have a few guys injured right now and we came out of the Chargers game very healthy. Plus FWP is running with a burst again and that only helps our run game.

vasteeler
01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
I LOVE OUR CHANCES

7steelcurtain5
01-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I agree!

4G63
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM

Agreed...thats the big "?" I've got.

Ray Rice may give the Stoolers D fits, if they use him like I know they can. Keeping the Ravens D on the sideline as long as possible will be the key to this game for the Ravens!!

jjpro11
01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
i think the fact that the ravens havent had a week off since week 2 is going to play huge dividends in this game. if we can establish a running game early, i don think baltimore will have anything left in the 2nd half.. a number of times later in the season they have given up big drives late in ballgames.

memphissteelergirl
01-12-2009, 11:50 AM
What do I think?

I think our secondary will have to play better than it did yesterday...they really got burned on a couple of plays...especially the opening drive. Flacco has shown great poise as a rookie...no "playoff jitters" as far as I've seen. And he's not afraid to throw.

The Ratbirds' O-line has done a great job protecting Flacco all year; our D-line is going to have to scrap like crazy to get to him.

The Ravens' D...well, they hate us. Point blank. They feel they've been eclipsed by our D in the media, They hate we have a WR that is not afraid to knock their DB's around, and they hate that we ran a 90+ yard TD drive against them in the last few minutes in our last game with them. They're seeing red. Our O-line is gonna have to play the game of their lives...and I mean that literally. Ben will have to play smart and effectively manage the game (I know he hates that phrase, but hey...). Willie and MeMo are going to have to find those holes like they did yesterday. And Santo....a few nice returns like yesterday would be nice, too. :chuckle:

Bottom line, we play a smart and efficient game on both sides of the ball, and we book a trip to Tampa February 1.

And yeah, I like our chances. :wink02: :tt02::tt03::tt02::tt03:

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!

revefsreleets
01-12-2009, 12:26 PM
The Chargers had more weapons than the Rats do. No way Joe Flacco passes for anything approaching 300 yards and 3 TD's. The Rats will run the ball into the teeth of our defense, and we will bend a little without breaking.

Our OL is peaking at the right time. We're good to go.