PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Outlast Titans, but Suffer Key Injuries in the Process

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Undoubtedly, the post-game chatter will be about Joe Flacco being the first rookie quarterback to win two playoff games even though, you know, he completed just 11 of 22 passes for 161 yards and the defense, as usual, had almost everything to do with the final outcome.

Whatever your perspective, the fact remains: Baltimore is headed to the AFC Championship game for the first time since 2000. And they'll do it as the most banged-up squad in the league. On Wednesday, the Dallas Morning News' Rich Gosselin wrote that the Ravens finished 11-5 during the regular season "despite losing 64 games by starters because of injury, the fourth-highest total in the league. Baltimore lost 14 more games by starters than any other playoff team."

And next week, whether the Ravens travel to Pittsburgh or San Diego, they could be without a few more starters. Right tackle Willie Anderson, running back Le'Ron McClain, outside linebacker Terrell Suggs and cornerback Samari Rolle were all injured during the Titans game. McClain did manage to hobble his way through the second half, but was mostly ineffective.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/10/ravens-outlast-titans-but-suffer-key-injuries-in-the-process/

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Don't leave out Jim Leonhard, who suffered a concussion.

I think Leonhard, Suggs and Anderson will start. McClain I'm not so sure about and Rolle may likely miss the game due to a groin injury.

Oh, well! Somebody else will have to step up.

Edman
How many games have Steelers Starters missed this year? I know theres been plenty of them.

4G63
Undoubtedly, the post-game chatter will be about Joe Flacco being the first rookie quarterback to win two playoff games even though, you know, he completed just 11 of 22 passes for 161 yards and the defense, as usual, had almost everything to do with the final outcome.

Whatever your perspective, the fact remains: Baltimore is headed to the AFC Championship game for the first time since 2000. And they'll do it as the most banged-up squad in the league. On Wednesday, the Dallas Morning News' Rich Gosselin wrote that the Ravens finished 11-5 during the regular season "despite losing 64 games by starters because of injury, the fourth-highest total in the league. Baltimore lost 14 more games by starters than any other playoff team."

And next week, whether the Ravens travel to Pittsburgh or San Diego, they could be without a few more starters. Right tackle Willie Anderson, running back Le'Ron McClain, outside linebacker Terrell Suggs and cornerback Samari Rolle were all injured during the Titans game. McClain did manage to hobble his way through the second half, but was mostly ineffective.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/10/ravens-outlast-titans-but-suffer-key-injuries-in-the-process/

Nevermind, I didn't understand what he was trying to say.....

KYMDFAN
01-12-2009, 11:42 AM
what it means is that is the total number of games that starters have missed

Say we lose three starters. One misses the whole 16 game season, one missed one game and another misses three.

That means 20 games missed by starters.

#1LambertFan
01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Don't leave out Jim Leonhard, who suffered a concussion.

I think Leonhard, Suggs and Anderson will start. McClain I'm not so sure about and Rolle may likely miss the game due to a groin injury.

Oh, well! Somebody else will have to step up.

Suggs and Rolle are gametime decisions which means usually no but I want you to gameplan against them anyway.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Suggs is a beast but if they lose Rolle...you can call them DONE....Washington is a subpar CB at best and we will exploit their secondary.

TheWarDen86
01-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Suggs and Rolle are gametime decisions which means usually no but I want you to gameplan against them anyway.

I always took that to mean, "Yes, and I don't want you to game plan for them." :laughing:

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Suggs is a beast but if they lose Rolle...you can call them DONE....Washington is a subpar CB at best and we will exploit their secondary.

Washington has played pretty good at CB the last 5-6 games. A lot better than he had done earlier in the season after McAlister went on IR.

markymarc
01-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I am very happy that the Steelers came out of their game healthy. Bring your ice because it's going to be a tough physical game.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Rolle, Suggs, Mclain, Leonard are all good players and any of them out or slowed by injury is a good thing for the Steelers.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Washington has played pretty good at CB the last 5-6 games. A lot better than he had done earlier in the season after McAlister went on IR.

I have watched in in about 4 different games this year...and the opposing team throws to his side for a reason. ( I would love to see the breakdown on how often the ball goes to his side.) He also is a poor tackler and needs to wrap up better than he does.

If you guys upgrade that position next year..he may be a a good nickel back, and your secondary would be lethal.

Crow-Magnon
01-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I have watched in in about 4 different games this year...and the opposing team throws to his side for a reason. ( I would love to see the breakdown on how often the ball goes to his side.) He also is a poor tackler and needs to wrap up better than he does.

If you guys upgrade that position next year..he may be a a good nickel back, and your secondary would be lethal.

Well, if I was a QB or an OC, I would throw towards Washington over Rolle, too. And I would have thrown to Rolle over a healthy McAlister, too.

I'm not saying he's great, but he has played better the past 5-6 games than he did earlier. And as of right now, he's all we have along with Walker if Rolle is out, unless we substitute with Corey Ivy (who's really nothing but a nickel back), or even a safety like Zbikowski or Nakamura.

Next year's draft will most likely include a cornerback.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Well, if I was a QB or an OC, I would throw towards Washington over Rolle, too. And I would have thrown to Rolle over a healthy McAlister, too.

I'm not saying he's great, but he has played better the past 5-6 games than he did earlier. And as of right now, he's all we have along with Walker if Rolle is out, unless we substitute with Corey Ivy (who's really nothing but a nickel back), or even a safety like Zbikowski or Nakamura.

Next year's draft will most likely include a cornerback.

I was glad to see Zbikowski in their last game.....I figured he may turn out to be a special team demon, but was surprised that he was returning punts...I had thought his speed/quickness wouldnt transfer to the pro-game...wasnt bad though.