PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward need 88 yds to pass Stallworth

Carolina Steelers
01-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Hines needs 88 yds to pass John on the all-time Steelers Playoff yds list. Right now Hines has 966 in 12 gms. John has 1054 yds in 17 gms.

BenIsSuperman7
01-12-2009, 12:07 PM
wow thats incredible... as good as stallworth was for the steelers hines is poised to pass him in fewer games. I always have and always will love hines ward and im damn proud that he plays for us

revefsreleets
01-12-2009, 12:15 PM
One more ring and he's in the HOF IMHO...

Carolina Steelers
01-12-2009, 12:32 PM
One more ring and he's in the HOF IMHO...

I agree if Hines gets one more ring this year and has a good gm maybe even win MVP again and he still has 3-4 yrs left to play at a decent level this will greatly help his chances!!!

KeiselPower99
01-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Hines should be in the hall regardless but another ring will help his chances.

wvsportsman
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Hines should be in the hall regardless but another ring will help his chances.

Ditto!!

LambertIsGod58
01-12-2009, 01:46 PM
wow thats incredible... as good as stallworth was for the steelers hines is poised to pass him in fewer games. I always have and always will love hines ward and im damn proud that he plays for us

I'd like to preface what I have to say with I love Hines Ward. The most complete receiver in the history of the game. With that said, passing wasn't as condusive as it is today. At least for their first two titles. Stallworth and Swann didn't even start SB IX. Fewer games yes, but I don't think it can be compared. Look at the rule change of 1978. The Mel Blount rule......:tt:

The_WARDen
01-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I'd like to preface what I have to say with I love Hines Ward. The most complete receiver in the history of the game. With that said, passing wasn't as condusive as it is today. At least for their first two titles. Stallworth and Swann didn't even start SB IX. Fewer games yes, but I don't think it can be compared. Look at the rule change of 1978. The Mel Blount rule......:tt:

but just imagine if Hines had Dilfer as his QB the whole time...what numbers he would have put up.