PDA

View Full Version : Why I feel good about the RAVENS sunday

FlaccoMason85
01-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Alright here's my thoughts

First off you all seem to think Joe Flacco the 'rooookie QB' will get rattled. No, you all are very much underestimating him, and it is for this reason I think he has the potential to have a pretty good game in the air, specifically to the likes of Mason/Heap.

Second, we can run the ball on you. Le'Ron McClain is a big bruising RB who has played well against the steelers this year.

Another thing, if you think you are gonna RUN it with PARKER, think AGAIN. Cute game last night for the oline but theyre still SOFT and the chargers are not nearly as good defensively as the RAVENS. The defense will have FIRE in their eyes and won't let your offense, as a whole, do much of ANYTHING.

Oh, and I know this may ring irrelevant to your ears, but for a history lesson. Steelers CANNOT WIN at HOME in the afc championship game. 94 Chargers, 97 Broncos, 01 Patriots, 04 Patriots, 0hgeez. Almost lost it in 95 to the colts too. Led by jim HARBAUGH. It is HARD to beat a team THREE TIMES in one year. I just can't see that happening. Steelers SQUEEZED by the ravens TWO TIMES this year, third time's a charm.............. for US. This year is FATE. Ravens over Eagles in the superbowl is my prediction.

I will bump this post up win or lose... likely win :thumbsup:

Rebuttals are welcome.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
You seem to have not really read into the forum before you started talking. I'll copy past what i just said in the "keys to beating the ravens" forum"

GET TO FLACCO!!!!!!!

If we can get to Flacco and try to make this allstar qb play like a rookie. We will have a good chance of winning. You cant underestimate this kid and just assume the playoff atmosphere are going to rattle him. Our defense play just as hard if they were going up against a Tom Brady or Manning.

Everyone here respect flacco as a good QB. We don't by any means are assuming he will suck in a big game because he is a rookie. So dont play that card on us. :coffee:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:37 PM
This is another dude that's gona be eating S*** after we beat his team sunday, just like many charger fans did!!! Can't wait to do the hat trick on you guys sunday, and send you off tobaltimore in tears!

HometownGal
01-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Here's my thoughts:

Some Bolts fans thought the same thing - our OL is SOFT, FWP wouldn't gain an ounce of yardage, Big Ben would commit massive turnovers, Rivers/Jackson/Gates would torch our secondary, yada, yada, yada. You saw how that story ended.

I just posted in another thread that I DON'T underestimate the Rats and especially not Joe Flacco. I think Harbaugh has done a GREAT job with your team this season but he's a rookie HC in the AFCC Championship away from home and in the House Of Noise II a/k/a Heinz Field. I don't look back at what happened in past games - they are in the past. I look ahead and what I'm seeing is a highly charged Steelers team riding a wave of momentum who rediscovered their offensive mojo yesterday.

I think it is YOU who is underestimating the Steelers all the way around. Don't make the same mistake some of the Bolts fans did. Respect what the Steelers have accomplished not only with the most difficult schedule in the league this season, but in the game yesterday against the Bolts.

The Rats are a tired and dinged up lot right now and the Steelers are 100% healthy. There's a lot to be said for that fact alone.

:drink:

Tomwin
01-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Lol ...ravens? seriously who are we really facing? no seriously stop joking around :rofl:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Here's my thoughts:

Some Bolts fans thought the same thing - our OL is SOFT, FWP wouldn't gain an ounce of yardage, Big Ben would commit massive turnovers, Rivers/Jackson/Gates would torch our secondary, yada, yada, yada. You saw how that story ended.

I just posted in another thread that I DON'T underestimate the Rats and especially not Joe Flacco. I think Harbaugh has done a GREAT job with your team this season but he's a rookie HC in the AFCC Championship away from home and in the House Of Noise II a/k/a Heinz Field. I don't look back at what happened in past games - they are in the past. I look ahead and what I'm seeing is a highly charged Steelers team riding a wave of momentum who rediscovered their offensive mojo yesterday.

I think it is YOU who is underestimating the Steelers all the way around. Don't make the same mistake some of the Bolts fans did. Respect what the Steelers have accomplished not only with the most difficult schedule in the league this season, but in the game yesterday against the Bolts.

The Rats are a tired and dinged up lot right now and the Steelers are 100% healthy. There's a lot to be said for that fact alone.

Ha, that's exactly what i told him!! they will learn though

Tomwin
01-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who were really facing on sunday ..i know its not the ravens :rofl:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who were really facing on sunday ..i know its not the ravens :rofl:

No, it's the ratbirds :tt02:

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I respect the steelers as a competitor and know they will be team to beat. And i mean this will al due respect: I HOPE WE F***ING CRUSH THEIR SKULLS IN:tt02:

Tomwin
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I HOPE WE F***ING CRUSH THEIR SKULLS IN

Amen.

FlaccoMason85
01-12-2009, 03:48 PM
The Chargers were SOFT. They didnt even BLITZ. Don't expect that SOFTNESS to suddenly rub off on the REAL BEST D IN THE NFL.

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:49 PM
The Chargers were SOFT. They didnt even BlITZ. Don't expect that SOFTNESS to suddenly rub off on the REAL BEST D IN THE NFL.

HAHAHAH here we go!! dude are you still drunk or something?? how are you guys the best D in the NFL?? when we have the #1 overall Defense in the league.. LOL get some glasses! :tt02:

jev7452
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
yeah no one is underestimating the ratbirds in anyway and if they do, then theyre an idiot. as much as a hate them, baltimore has a great team right now and an amazing defense. as for pittsburgh not being able to win the AFCC at home, past does NOT matter. this is a different team then weve had in the past and they are playing with a ton of passion. i think this is gonna be an incredible, smashmouth football game. itll be low scoring and probably come down to the final second again but steelers football is 60 minutes long and they can come through in the clutch again.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-12-2009, 03:51 PM
This guy must be an imposter Ravens fan . I havent hear so many consecutive idiotic comments in my life. Oh wait never , forgot about Mom :laughing: JK i love my mom

But seriously I think this guy is a fan of another team tryin to cause some bitterness between the fans. He just wants to entertain everyone . Lets see how it pans out :popcorn:

X-Terminator
01-12-2009, 03:52 PM

First off you all seem to think Joe Flacco the 'rooookie QB' will get rattled. No, you all are very much underestimating him, and it is for this reason I think he has the potential to have a pretty good game in the air, specifically to the likes of Mason/Heap.

Second, we can run the ball on you. Le'Ron McClain is a big bruising RB who has played well against the steelers this year.

Another thing, if you think you are gonna RUN it with PARKER, think AGAIN. Cute game last night for the oline but theyre still SOFT and the chargers are not nearly as good defensively as the RAVENS. The defense will have FIRE in their eyes and won't let your offense, as a whole, do much of ANYTHING.

Oh, and I know this may ring irrelevant to your ears, but for a history lesson. Steelers CANNOT WIN at HOME in the afc championship game. 94 Chargers, 97 Broncos, 01 Patriots, 04 Patriots, 0hgeez. Almost lost it in 95 to the colts too. Led by jim HARBAUGH. It is HARD to beat a team THREE TIMES in one year. I just can't see that happening. Steelers SQUEEZED by the ravens TWO TIMES this year, third time's a charm.............. for US. This year is FATE. Ravens over Eagles in the superbowl is my prediction.

Rebuttals are welcome.

And yet, the first things that were said on this board after the game last night was that this game was going to be a slugfest, and that the Ravens, wounded as they are, will bring everything they've got to the table.

You may kindly piss off now.

HometownGal
01-12-2009, 03:52 PM
The Chargers were SOFT. They didnt even BLITZ. Don't expect that SOFTNESS to suddenly rub off on the REAL BEST D IN THE NFL.

You do mean your tired and hobbled up D, don't you?

FlaccoMason85
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
The Chargers were SOFT. They didnt even BlITZ. Don't expect that SOFTNESS to suddenly rub off on the REAL BEST D IN THE NFL.

HAHAHAH here we go!! dude are you still drunk or something?? how are you guys the best D in the NFL?? when we have the #1 overall Defense in the league.. LOL get some glasses! :tt02:
I knew thatd fire you up but pay more attention to the FIRST part of what I said... it's more important for this game. Our linebackers and d-line will remind your o-line that they are SOFT, and they will break down. This in turn may lead to some TAKEAWAYS, a big part of the RAVENS postseason run.

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
This guy must be an imposter Ravens fan . I havent hear so many consecutive idiotic comments in my life. Oh wait never , forgot about Mom :laughing: JK i love my mom

But seriously I think this guy is a fan of another team tryin to cause some bitterness between the fans. He just wants to entertain everyone . Lets see how it pans out :popcorn:

Tell me bout it.. he almost made me spill out my drink, it was soo funny..

Hey maybe it's BOZO the clown that's posting??

FlaccoMason85
01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
You do mean your tired and hobbled up D, don't you?
I think they were FINE last week, and with such a HUGE game (note both teams HATE each other) this week, they wont stop rising to the occasion.

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:55 PM
I think they were FINE last week, and with such a HUGE game (note both teams HATE each other) this week, they wont stop rising to the occasion.

I don't even think that slug and rolle are even gonna play to tell you the truth!!

HometownGal
01-12-2009, 03:56 PM

If they can get their tired, battered bodies up off the field and I wouldn't bet the farm on it. :laughing:

Pssssssssst. The Rats BARELY beat the Tites.

steelpride12
01-12-2009, 03:56 PM
My turn:
1. Flacco is having an amazing season and i wouldn't even consider him a rookie anymore they way he is playing. The first 2 playoff games he had no pressure, and i feel the #1 defense pressuring the young guy in the AFC Championship, he will finally break and make a bad turnover forcing a INT, Fumble or sack.

2.Last night our offense was brought back to life. Im not saying Parker will run all over the Ravens defense, but the protection was good against a blitzing Chargers D, and if Ben is givin time again he will be able to shred the secondary.

3.I and you should not dwindle on the past. Sure the Steelers AFC Championship at home in years past....so what? Its not the same team, same coaches, same players and that wont mean anything when these two teams clash on the field.

I give the veteran, more experienced QB and better defense at home the key edge over the Raven.
Steelers win 13-10.

FlaccoMason85
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
and the steelers BARELY beat the RAVENS. TWICE. Do I have to repeat things now? I will, 3rd time's the charm!

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-12-2009, 03:58 PM
TROLL

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Considering that the Ravens are a beat up team right now, not for one second and I going to think that will stop their ferocity. The fact that several of their key players are hobbling today (Samari Rolle, Terrel Suggs, and Mclain who might not start next week, will help... HOWEVER...

This game will come down to one player, Big Ben, who after yesterday had one of the best games of his career.

He punts, he blocks, and he throws lasers, and no interceptions ! If the Steelers have THAT Big Ben next week, we will win.

If he doesn't the Rats will.. Its as simple as that.

FlaccoMason85
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
My turn:
1. Flacco is having an amazing season and i wouldn't even consider him a rookie anymore they way he is playing. The first 2 playoff games he had no pressure, and i feel the #1 defense pressuring the young guy in the AFC Championship, he will finally break and make a bad turnover forcing a INT, Fumble or sack.

2.Last night our offense was brought back to life. Im not saying Parker will run all over the Ravens defense, but the protection was good against a blitzing Chargers D, and if Ben is givin time again he will be able to shred the secondary.

3.I and you should not dwindle on the past. Sure the Steelers AFC Championship at home in years past....so what? Its not the same team, same coaches, same players and that wont mean anything when these two teams clash on the field.

I give the veteran, more experienced QB and better defense at home the key edge over the Raven.
Steelers win 13-10.
Okay, good response, but I still think the 2nd point will be invalid with this Ravens DEFENSE. Also, if the Ravens somehow do lose, I don't think it will be because of Flacco. The kid is the BEST at handling pressure from what I have seen, and yes, I have watched him play at Delaware!

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
and the steelers BARELY beat the RAVENS. TWICE. Do I have to repeat things now? I will, 3rd time's the charm!

Dude i don't care if we beat you by 1 point!! the point is that we WON, AGAIN WE WON!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::toofunny:

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
See Polamalu43, he is very consistant !! Now this is comedy, im off the clock now at work, im just sticking around to hear this troll :popcorn:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
See Polamalu43, he is very consistant !! Now this is comedy, im off the clock now at work, im just sticking around to hear this troll :popcorn:

He's starting to remind me of the dozen charger trolls we had around before yesterday's game. guess we gona have to stomp them out, and crush them also sunday!

steelpride12
01-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Okay, good response, but I still think the 2nd point will be invalid with this Ravens DEFENSE. Also, if the Ravens somehow do lose, I don't think it will be because of Flacco. The kid is the BEST at handling pressure from what I have seen, and yes, I have watched him play at Delaware!

Well true our offense won't look like they did last night, but your offense won't be as good as they play in the last few games either. Both defenses will bring the pressure and cause sloppy play.

Flacco is used to our blitzes sure, but pressure gets to everyone no matter how good you are(Manning, Brady) and will be his downfall. Again could come to a last minute drive or who turns the ball over more.

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Flacco is good, but lets face it, the Ravens were more "lucky" than amazing on Saturday.... Flacco didn't have but 3-4 great plays the whole game.

Truth be told, Ravens were outplayed, big time, by the Titans, in yardage and stats.

And even you have to admit, if they would've called that delay of game on the Ravens at the end, we'd probably be having a totally different conversation today.

Defensively, the Ravens are a great close copy of the Steelers. They always have been. They are a good team, and tough just like us.....So, we'll see who puts the pieces of the puzzle together on Sunday.

My money's on Dick Lebeau. He's time-proven.

WisconsinSteelerMan
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I am SOOOOO FREEEEAAAAKKKINNN TIRED of hearing about the Ratbirds freakin' AWESOME defense. Last time I looked they were and are still #2 in the league. Yep...that's pretty darned good! Then I go and look at what kind of defense the Men in Black and Gold have... Oh yeah.... it is the #1 overall defense in the league.... HMMM which one is more highly rated, HMMM????? I guess I suppose it is the # 1 defense which is owned by the STEELERS!:tt03::tt03:

After watching both games this past weekend, I KNOW for a FACT that the Steelers are still on the upswing, while the Rats are on the down stroke... Sorry Raven's fans...that is just a fact.

If we play Steeler's football, we win this one GOING AWAY in OUR HOUSE. Yep, I respect the Ravens, but I DEMAND respect from them for our squad as well.

I am not a bandwagon fan... and I will most definitely come back here and repent if the Steelers don't convert next week... but I don't think I will have to...

Bring on the game!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02:

Mike in La Crosse, WI

HometownGal
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM

Hey - you're the one who came in here thumping your chest like Tarzan.

P.S. Thank you and the Rats for giving us our 2nd consecutive AFCN crown - gee you're swell! :applaudit::drink:

Burghfan58
01-12-2009, 04:25 PM

Rebuttals are welcome.

You mean like when they didn't let the Steelers drive 95 yards in the last game to win?

Shoes
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM

Rebuttals are welcome.

Thanks for the Thread FM85.....I like Flacco...seems like a nice guy. He doesn't run this mouth like most of the rats. You seem to think he isn't human tho... he won't get rattled? I don't think there is a QB in any phase of football who would believe that!

As for your "history lesson" ....I'm not superstitious nor a believer in fate. You can take all your history and all the other superstitious tidbits you want to believe and fill Seth Wickersham bag of BS.

If you read this you almost sound like him...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=wickersham_seth&id=3821223

No doubt in my heart and mind.....the Steelers will win big on Sunday!

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
One more thing, Mr. Raven dude...

Le'Ron McClain ... He's out next weekend. So you're going to have to find someone else to run against one of the best defenses in NFL history....

Hammer67
Man, I can't wait for this game, now. I think this will be one for the ages. My x factor for this game:

Ravens looked TIRED last game...Ray Lewis just disappears in the second half of games at this point in his career and there are a lot of injuries.

I really don't see the Ravens stopping a fresh Willie Parker...

Polamalu43

Le'Ron McClain ... He's out next weekend. So you're going to have to find someone else to run against one of the best defenses in NFL history....

Don't forget slug and rolle also!! :wave:

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah I got slug and rolle in my first post..

There is probably more out, they (rat bird) just don't want it out quite yet.

westcoastransplant
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM

Your D just gave up 391 yards to Tennessee, including 71 rushing yards to a guy who played less then a half. I wouldn't call that tough. :coffee:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Your D just gave up 391 yards to Tennessee, including 71 rushing yards to a guy who played less then a half. I wouldn't call that tough. :coffee:

:sofunny::rofl:

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Our defense got to sit and watch from the nice warm bench for an entire quarter yesterday.. They're still nice and rested.. Ready for another game...

That alone, just really makes me happy.

How many other teams have done that in the history of the NFL? Can you name ONE other team that had possession for over 14 minutes in a quarter? One? I surely can't..

STEELERS

stlrtruck
01-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow and just when I thought this week wouldn't be :troll: week. I was encouraged by the first few ratbirds fans that showed up and talked intelligent football, making for some good communication and then in comes this :troll: thumping his chest as if the ratbirds had one the two games during the regular season.

Those games have no impact on this one. What anyone did prior to this week is irrelevant. I'll be the first to admit that Flacco looks impressive and the ratbirds defense is still hard core.

For you :troll: to come in here and think that our defense doesn't have a point to prove or that they won't be fired up to teach Flacco and the other offensive players a lesson, then you have sadly overlooked the Steelers - and by all means I hope your team takes the same approach - doubtful, considering the other ratbird fans in here seem to think otherwise!

Now please do the rest of your fan base a favor and crawl back under your rock

:wave: :troll:

HometownGal
01-12-2009, 06:16 PM
It is HARD to beat a team THREE TIMES in one year. I just can't see that happening. Steelers SQUEEZED by the ravens TWO TIMES this year, third time's a charm.............. for US.

Just saw a clip on KDKA and from the very wise words of Mike Tomlin . . .

"I don't subscribe to that hocus pocus".

:toofunny::laughing::applaudit:

BehindSteelCurtain
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Yea Flacco has done a GREAT job this season but he is one bad pass away from losing his confidence.

4G63
01-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Where did you read or see this?

eden
01-12-2009, 07:36 PM
i personaly think if we run fwp with a fullback we will be good to go even against baltimore he is healthy now then a little playaction to heeeeeeeath steelers win 27-10 this bird fan is a d........k:blah:

revefsreleets
01-12-2009, 09:59 PM
It really doesn't matter who they run at us. The important thing is that we know they will run. That's pretty much all they do.

San Diego became a passing team at some point, and they passed against us. They even did it well. But they still lost. Baltimore will run and they will lose.

shevdog
01-12-2009, 10:19 PM

Rebuttals are welcome.

LOL! Eat crow!

CaliStillersFan
01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Just remember this... The last time we played a team 3 times in a season was 2002. The Brownie's, we beat them all three times.

Also Flacco will turn back into a rookie this weekend, just like Ben did in 2004 after being great all year, and Ben had a much better rookie year than Flacco, but he still reverted with the magnitude of the championship game, the same will happen with Flacco this weekend.

lilyoder6
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Where did you read or see this?

i agree i would like to see this myself.. IF it is true then i am happy... i know the ravens have a shit load of ppl on the injury report but the only serious one was suggs

FlaccoMason85
01-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Just remember this... The last time we played a team 3 times in a season was 2002. The Brownie's, we beat them all three times.

Also Flacco will turn back into a rookie this weekend, just like Ben did in 2004 after being great all year, and Ben had a much better rookie year than Flacco, but he still reverted with the magnitude of the championship game, the same will happen with Flacco this weekend.
How'd Roethlisberger play in the DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF vs. the Jets?
Terrible, almost LOST it for them?
Yeah, how'd Flacco do? SOLID? Yep. A lil Foreshadowing:popcorn:.

Btw, the run=all we do? :rofl:

Hope you aren't in for a SHOCK if the most underrated receiver in the game D-Mason becomes the factor, or maybe some Clayton/Todd Heap... could very easily happen.

tony hipchest
01-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Hope you aren't in for a SHOCK if the most underrated receiver in the game D-Mason becomes the factor, or maybe some Clayton/Todd Heap... could very easily happen.

who let the chargerfan back in?

jnichols1967
01-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Okay Ravennut, no way can you throw the past afc championship losses at us, not only are we a different team but you forget we have the #1 defense in the league. Key goal get to Flacco, two, run the bruisers Parker, Moore, thats the key do not give up on the run. Of course Mason, Heap will give us fits, but again do not count out our dbs and lbs, number one defense, you know the saying defense wins championships.

zsheik22
01-12-2009, 11:45 PM

Rebuttals are welcome.

STEELERS

PTS
(1st)

YDS
(1st)

PASS YDS
(1st)

RUSH YDS
(2nd)

RAT BIRDS

PTS
(3rd)

YDS
(2nd)

PASS YDS
(2nd)

RUSH YDS
(3rd)

How's that for a rebuttal? Piss off,

FlaccoMason85
01-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Huuuuuge difference in those stats there huh? Riding high on your 2-0 record against the RAVENS, the tide WILL turn on Sunday and I WILL be back to laugh at you all in the AFTERMATH...

(semi-unrelated question, does anyone know who was the #1 ranked rush defense this year? I mean, they're gone, but who was it...)

zsheik22
01-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Huuuuuge difference in those stats there huh? Riding high on your 2-0 record against the RAVENS, the tide WILL turn on Sunday and I WILL be back to laugh at you all in the AFTERMATH...

(semi-unrelated question, does anyone know who was the #1 ranked rush defense this year? I mean, they're gone, but who was it...)

Hey guy, Steelers are 2-0 against the ravens (Thats a SWEEP) and have a better defense. How are you going to say anything? Im basing this off the facts, not heart. The Steelers are a better defense, PERIOD.

Viqueens did. Look at their division. Sorry ass packers twice, sorry ass lions twice, and the sorry ass bears twice. Probably one of the easiest schedules in the NFL.

MaidenIndiana
01-13-2009, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=FlaccoMason85;526565]
Yeah, how'd Flacco do? SOLID? Yep. A lil Foreshadowing:popcorn:.

Were you watching the same game I was???? If you thought that was a solid performance, you need to put down the crack pipe and head to rehab. The Titans kicked your a**es up and down the field. If that was your" A" game then I might as well make by reservations right now for Tampa

Edman
01-13-2009, 12:46 AM
The last time the Steelers beat a division rival three times was in 2002. Against the Browns. All three Steelers/Browns games were close that year, but that was only because that was the BEST Browns team since the return, and they exploited Pittsburgh's pretty bad secondary in the playoffs.

The Steelers have NEVER lost to a division rival in the playoffs. This includes the Baltimore Ravens.

markymarc
01-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Don't forget to come back after the Rats lose on Sunday night troll.

Hammer67
01-13-2009, 07:56 AM
So we have another 6 days of Ravens trolls and then...I am thinking it will be a few weeks of Arizona trolls. That would be hilarious. Although I don't think you will see many of them as they have no idea what to do during the two weeks before the super bowl...

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-13-2009, 10:01 AM
I think its the chemicals from the water in the crabs the Baltimore fans eat... I think it seriously changes their heads and limits their short term memories.

Raven fans tend to forget most of the "actual stats".. not all too surprising, since Baltimore is one of the stupidest cities in the country.. Literally.. The city that "barely" reads.

BigBen2WardPITT
01-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Here's my thoughts:

word. These are my exact reasons for thinking we are gonna win. Something happened against the Chargers - our offense came alive.

SteelersMarianne
01-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Minnesota

vasteeler
01-13-2009, 11:37 AM
The last time the Steelers beat a division rival three times was in 2002. Against the Browns. All three Steelers/Browns games were close that year, but that was only because that was the BEST Browns team since the return, and they exploited Pittsburgh's pretty bad secondary in the playoffs.

The Steelers have NEVER lost to a division rival in the playoffs. This includes the Baltimore Ravens.

wow thats intersting I never realized that

Rotorhead
01-13-2009, 12:06 PM
If the ratbird fan that started this post would make a rational argument I would rebut the post, but he cant

revefsreleets
01-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Just like the Browns, the Rats are running on emotion and adrenaline, and that can only take you so far. I think they hang for aboyt 3 quarters and then we pull away.

The KEY that no Rat fan will admit is that the Steelers are as healthy as they;'ve been since week 1, and the Rats are beaten and scarred at this point. It's beena long season for them and it's taken it's toll. The teams are pretty evenly matched, but that's a huge factor. It's like the whole FWP v Memo argument: They looked close this year, but that was because WP was injured. When he healed up, he definitely stood out as the superior RB.

A healthy Steelers team at home is superior to a worn-out Ravens team on the road.

Stillers33
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM
ha ha flaacos gonna have dirt in his eyes when he done. Also do u really think he can pull it off? he couldnt even beat Tyler Palco at pitt for a starting job. Palco sersiosly?:rofl:

NEPAsteeler
01-13-2009, 07:22 PM
We can win this game as long as we don't self destruct. I just want to come out healthy and charged up for our Sixth Lombardi!

:tt03:

Preacher
01-13-2009, 07:32 PM
CONGRATULATIONS FLACCOMASON 85---

Suit has tried it, Mosca has tried it, others have tried it, but you are the first person to ever make me question whether God truly created EVERYTHING.

:chuckle:

--EDIT: Maybe that was a little too harsh?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Everyone talks about how its so hard to beat the same team 3 times in one year....

But this means nothing......

We only have to beat them ONCE!!!

Stover4Prez
01-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Look fellas, I'm not going to say the Steelers are gonna win, because of course I will be rooting for my Ravens all the way. However, the Steelers SHOULD win. You have the #1 defense and a great QB in addition to having your team without any injuries. (oh and your bye week wasn't in week 2).

But I don't feel like this is going to be a blowout by any stretch. The 2 D's are just too good. The Ravens will need some key turnovers that they convert to points and 1 or 2 big plays probably to Mason. (Flacco does have more long balls then Ben this year). But you don't put the ball in Ed Reed's hands and Flacco can't connect for one or two of those big plays, I see it to be tough for us. In reality the Steelers should be embarassed if they lose this one. We are playing with house money at this point.

Good luck to all. And here's to a well played and injury free game!

Go Ravens!!

Preacher
01-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Look fellas, I'm not going to say the Steelers are gonna win, because of course I will be rooting for my Ravens all the way. However, the Steelers SHOULD win. You have the #1 defense and a great QB in addition to having your team without any injuries. (oh and your bye week wasn't in week 2).

But I don't feel like this is going to be a blowout by any stretch. The 2 D's are just too good. The Ravens will need some key turnovers that they convert to points and 1 or 2 big plays probably to Mason. (Flacco does have more long balls then Ben this year). But you don't put the ball in Ed Reed's hands and Flacco can't connect for one or two of those big plays, I see it to be tough for us. In reality the Steelers should be embarassed if they lose this one. We are playing with house money at this point.

Go Ravens!!

As I said before.. . I see us winning by 14 points... Alright. I give it 10.

I think we will be up by a TD or field goal. Then, in the last few minutes. Flacco will make the big mistake, because his body just isn't used to this type of endurance game. Then, we will be able to drive down and put it in the endzone because the entire Ravens D. will just be too tired after all those games.

That is seriously how I see it turning out. it has nothing to do with the Ravens sucking. It has everything to do with the Ravens getting a bad break at the beginning of the year, and then not being able to close the deal for first place late in the season.

NEPAsteeler
01-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Go Ravens!!

I'm with you on this one. Although someone getting hurt seems to be a prerequisite for a Pittsburgh/Baltimore game.

Stover4Prez
01-13-2009, 08:04 PM

I think we will be up by a TD or field goal. Then, in the last few minutes. Flacco will make the big mistake, because his body just isn't used to this type of endurance game. Then, we will be able to drive down and put it in the endzone because the entire Ravens D. will just be too tired after all those games.

I don't see Flacco crumbling and making bad mistakes. I just don't. He has been in plenty of high endurance games and kept a steady hand the whole way. The last time you played us, he was sacked 5 times and still hung in there, so I don't see that as a problem. I DO see a problem if we cannot move the ball on offense and keep the D rested. I think if we get 14 from the offense, we will win. If we stay away from the three and outs, continue to pin you inside the 10 (with one of the best punters I've ever seen) and keep our D fresh, I think we have a serious shot. If you have the ball for 14:43 in the third quarter, there is no way! (I have to say that was impressive!)

devilsdancefloor
01-13-2009, 08:32 PM

your right 3rd time is a charm we will beat our rivials and go to the super bowl! that my friend is PRICELESS!

RayLewisforpresident
01-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Here's my thoughts:

The third best safety in the nfl Troy "I need a haircut" Polamalu is hurt (in warmups haha) and so is Justin Hartwig. Hartwig was already overmatched going up against Bannan and Haloti Ngata. Now troy defintely wont be able to outrun Joe Flaccos howitzer. I see our air attack unleashed and the return of the three headed monster aginst your so called number 1 D. As for parker? He might be better off hurting himself in practice to avoid our to quote peter king "Rolling ball of butcher knives"!

RayLewisforpresident
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't see Flacco crumbling and making bad mistakes. I just don't. He has been in plenty of high endurance games and kept a steady hand the whole way. The last time you played us, he was sacked 5 times and still hung in there, so I don't see that as a problem. I DO see a problem if we cannot move the ball on offense and keep the D rested. I think if we get 14 from the offense, we will win. If we stay away from the three and outs, continue to pin you inside the 10 (with one of the best punters I've ever seen) and keep our D fresh, I think we have a serious shot. If you have the ball for 14:43 in the third quarter, there is no way! (I have to say that was impressive!)
I am sorry but how is it to be a mediocre 8-8 team from the afc west. The chargers without a healthy LT and shawne merriman are a joke.

Iron Gut
01-13-2009, 09:13 PM
I have zero fear of Joe Unibrow. The ratbirds have little left in the tank and have to play through some significant injuries.

Heap, Suggs and Rolle have high ovary sprains.

Don't forget that McClain has a sprained ankle that will surely lessen his effectiveness.

And that mighty Titan's O racked up a shitload of yards on a very tired defense.

Unlike some around here, I feel very good about this game. The only team that beats the Steelers this week is the Steelers.

fansince'76
01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
I am sorry but how is it to be a mediocre 8-8 team from the afc west.

I dunno - how is it to get pushed all over the field by a 13-3 Titans team and still luck into a win? :coffee:

RayLewisforpresident
01-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I have zero fear of Joe Unibrow. The ratbirds have little left in the tank and have to play through some significant injuries.

Heap, Suggs and Rolle have high ovary sprains.

Don't forget that McClain has a sprained ankle that will surely lessen his effectiveness.

And that mighty Titan's O racked up a shitload of yards on a very tired defense.

Unlike some around here, I feel very good about this game. The only team that beats the Steelers this week is the Steelers.
Who beat the Titans in Tennesee? Not pittsburgh. Who will have an extra day of rest this week? Not pittsburgh. Who will win on sunday? Not Pittsburgh.

OK Flacco has a unibrow but Big Ben is Fat and stupid with the ball and his life.(really as dumb as kellen winslow and lucky to be alive).
Flacco also has the strongest arm in the nfl and Ice water in his veins. I compare him to peyton manning with a jeff george-elway type arm, maybe the strongest arm I have ever seen on any quarterback! You steelers fans better get used to Joe reigning fire all over you for the next fifteen years.hahahahahahaha

RayLewisforpresident
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I dunno - how is it to get your pushed all over the field by a 13-3 Titans team and still luck into a win? :coffee: Well i think that you should rethink what you have stated. The ravens pushed you all over the field twice and you lucked into wins both times. Either you are in denial or way to dumb to realize it. Doesnt matter, we will force our turn overs and knock the snot out of you on both sides of the ball. You know it and I know it. Flacco's arm has a sonic boom and you will be able to hear it very clearly at a very silent heinz field this sunday!

RayLewisforpresident
01-13-2009, 09:27 PM

That is seriously how I see it turning out. it has nothing to do with the Ravens sucking. It has everything to do with the Ravens getting a bad break at the beginning of the year, and then not being able to close the deal for first place late in the season.
Is it because you see how Joe Flacco plays better on the road? The ravens are bringing it sunday. Pain to the steelers and tears for their fans!

fansince'76
01-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Well i think that you should rethink what you have stated. The ravens pushed you all over the field twice and you lucked into wins both times. Either you are in denial or way to dumb to realize it. Doesnt matter, we will force our turn overs and knock the snot out of you on both sides of the ball. You know it and I know it. Flacco's arm has a sonic boom and you will be able to hear it very clearly at a very silent heinz field this sunday!

Idiot troll.

HometownGal
01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
The third best safety in the nfl Troy "I need a haircut" Polamalu is hurt (in warmups haha) and so is Justin Hartwig. Hartwig was already overmatched going up against Bannan and Haloti Ngata. Now troy defintely wont be able to outrun Joe Flaccos howitzer. I see our air attack unleashed and the return of the three headed monster aginst your so called number 1 D. As for parker? He might be better off hurting himself in practice to avoid our to quote peter king "Rolling ball of butcher knives"!

:yawn: :yawn: :jerkit:

Is that all you've got troll? :toofunny:

LVSteelersfan
01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
[quote=Polamalu43;525992]
I knew thatd fire you up but pay more attention to the FIRST part of what I said... it's more important for this game. Our linebackers and d-line will remind your o-line that they are SOFT, and they will break down. This in turn may lead to some TAKEAWAYS, a big part of the RAVENS postseason run.

What makes you think it will be any different than the first two times? It didn't happen then when you were at full strength. Now you are totally hobbled. If Suggs plays, he won't be at full strength. Reed is hobbled. I know there are more. Sorry, but the Ravens are not scary when they are at full strength. They certainly aren't when they are hobbled and injured and the Steelers are at FULL STRENGTH with no injuries.

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Well i think that you should rethink what you have stated. The ravens pushed you all over the field twice and you lucked into wins both times. Either you are in denial or way to dumb to realize it. Doesnt matter, we will force our turn overs and knock the snot out of you on both sides of the ball. You know it and I know it. Flacco's arm has a sonic boom and you will be able to hear it very clearly at a very silent heinz field this sunday!
i think you better go recheck those game stats.......flacco's 115 yds 39% comp, was very impressive though.....:toofunny:

Curtain_of_Steel
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Wasn't flacco 11/28, with 2int's, 1 fumble and 2 sacks the last time we played him? Someone rattled him.
Take his outlets away like we did to SD and Woodley and Harrison are having dinner togther.

steelpride12
01-14-2009, 12:58 AM

Ben lucked on his 92 yard TD drive which your D broke down. If a receiver can catch a ball in the corner of the end zone with two feet in and ball never crossing the plane and it's a TD, then pretty sure Holmes had two feet and possession so no question a TD.
Refs never give the Steeler breaks and that first game lucky? You came and tied the game and forced OT How is that lucky?! We won the game in OT because we wanted it more and Ben lead us to victory. Sorry Those games just showed who can play a full 60 minutes plus.

Stover4Prez
01-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Ben lucked on his 92 yard TD drive which your D broke down. If a receiver can catch a ball in the corner of the end zone with two feet in and ball never crossing the plane and it's a TD, then pretty sure Holmes had two feet and possession so no question a TD.

If he catches it in the corner of the endzone, it already broke the plane getting there! So that is no question. The call in the last game I feel should have stood as called on the field either way. The video was inconclusive. I don't think there was any evidence there to overturn it EITHER WAY! But since it was not called a TD real time, it should have stayed not a TD after review. It doesn't matter now since the game is over. But your argument is completely wrong about the guy catching it in the corner of the endzone. It is not where the feet are, it is where the BALL is.

redst3
01-14-2009, 03:43 AM

He has improved a great deal but he is only where is at due to his knowing his limits. If the Ravens get behind by more than 10 or 13, you can count on him making mistakes.

In short, you are kidding yourself.

redst3
01-14-2009, 03:45 AM

Rebuttals are welcome.

He's not that good, Dude.

The Ravens have had a great year. It should be a close game, but i think the Steelers are going 3-0 against them.

revefsreleets
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
We will be doing the NFL and all it's fans a big favor by knocking the Rat Turds out of the playoffs Sunday. The more I think about that filthy organization, the more disgusted I get...

Ravengirl
01-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm loving our chances more and more. It looks like Suggs is going to play. It will most likely be every 3rd down, but it takes more than injuries to stop the Ravens from laying the smackdown on those squeelers

fansince'76
01-14-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm loving our chances more and more. It looks like Suggs is going to play. It will most likely be every 3rd down, but it takes more than injuries to stop the Ravens from laying the smackdown on those squeelers

"Squeelers" - another 12-year-old in our midst, I see. :coffee:

stlrtruck
01-14-2009, 09:39 AM

Yeah because they've laid it down twice this year. Don't forget this isn't some pansy arse team you're playing, this is an arch rival who hits just as hard as the ratbirds. It isn't going to be some cake walk at Heinz Field.

I love the Steelers chances at home, and Tomlin eradicating years of AFCCG loses at home and all at the expense of some filthy flying rat!!!

Steel4eva
01-14-2009, 09:54 AM
this is an easy one.

We beat you once, we beat you twice, and we'll beat you a 3rd time as well. We are simply the better team. FLACCO won't have a prayer in HEINZ Sunday night. 60+ Steeler fans screaming at the top of their lungs, OH YEAH THATS RIGHT! Bye, cya next season.:tt03:

SteelCityKing
01-14-2009, 10:12 AM

"Squeelers" -- wow...that's a new one. haha!

it's too bad i've been to Baltimore to see my Steelers WHOOP on your Ravens, and just like the Ravens, you fans are soft too. not a single one of you stood up for your team and not a single one of you looked at me awkwardly went i wore my black and gold. but every single one of you morons booed me when i got kicked out of the game for threatening to beat the living sh*t out of the Steelers heckler sitting behind me. true story.

grow up. don't you have a play date or something.

SteelCityKing
01-14-2009, 10:14 AM
oh yeah, i am dead tired of heaing them say, "it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year." and i'm tired of the Ravens rebute with, "3rd times a charm!"

guess what, bad things happen in threes! so, do me a huge favor, and suck a fat one. =)

coldsweat
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Ravens wont be the first team we have beat 3 times in a year.

SteelCityKing
01-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Ravens wont be the first team we have beat 3 times in a year.

and they won't be the last.

humor me, who were the othe teams we beat 3 times in a year!?

PGH_Futbol
01-14-2009, 11:21 AM

Stats do not lie....

POSTSEASON 2008 - 2009

So the defensive stats are close...but the edge goes to the Steelers.

Rush Defense: Ravens 2 games, 84yds per game. Ranked 6/12
Pass Defense: Ravens 2 games, 249yds per game. Ranked 9/12
Total Defense: Ravens 2 games, 355yds per game. Ranked 7/12

Rush Defense: Steelers 1 game, 15yds per game. Ranked 1/12
Pass Defense: Steelers 1 game, 275yds per game. Ranked 11/12
Total Defense: Steelers 1 game, 290yds per game. Ranked 5/12

Offensively, its a different matter...

Pass Offense: Ravens 2 games, 148yds per game. Ranked 12/12
Rush Offense: Ravens 2 games, 100yds per game. Ranked 6/12
Total Offense: Ravens 2 games, 248yds per game. Ranked 12/12

Pass Offense: Steelers 1 game, 177yds per game. Ranked 9/12
Rush Offense: Steelers 1 game, 165yds per game. Ranked 1/12
Total Offense: Steelers 1 game, 342yds per game. Ranked 4/12

Clearly the Steelers performed better.

The Titans are ranked 1/12 in total offense, throwing up 275yds passing and 116 yds rushing against the Ravens...

The Ravens defense is suspect at most right now. And you can talk all you want about passion and momentum... but at the end of the day it's execution. If the Steelers rush for 100 yards or more, throw for 170 yards or more and do not give up the ball... lights out for the Ravens. Looking at these stats - and adding in the fact that Baltimore ain't had a break in 4 months, players are hurting, they're on the road, and it's a rivalary... the only team which can beat the Steelers is the Steelers.

Stover4Prez
01-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Stats do not lie....

Did you watch the Ravens / Titans Game? If you looked at the stats and not the score, you would think the Titans won. But there is only one stat that counts at the end of 60 minutes and that is points.

Here's to a great game!

Go Ravens!

PGH_Futbol
01-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Did you watch the Ravens / Titans Game? If you looked at the stats and not the score, you would think the Titans won. But there is only one stat that counts at the end of 60 minutes and that is points.

Here's to a great game!

Go Ravens!

Sure I did... and if it weren't for Crumpler's fumble - 6 times / 5 lost in 7 years, Lendale White's fumble - 7 times / 7 lost in 2 years, and Collins INT (about as many INTs in his career as TD's - 179 / 186) and the 85 yards lost to penalties.... different game altogether. Titans beat themselves.

Like I said.. the only team which can beat the Steelers is the Steelers....

Crow-Magnon
01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Sure I did... and if it weren't for Crumpler's fumble - 6 times / 5 lost in 7 years, Lendale White's fumble - 7 times / 7 lost in 2 years, and Collins INT (about as many INTs in his career as TD's - 179 / 186) and the 85 yards lost to penalties.... different game altogether. Titans beat themselves.

The pick off Collins was a gimme, although pressure on the QB helped. The two fumbles were forced by the Ravens D.

fansince'76
01-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Stats do not lie....

POSTSEASON 2008 - 2009

So the defensive stats are close...but the edge goes to the Steelers.

Rush Defense: Ravens 2 games, 84yds per game. Ranked 6/12
Pass Defense: Ravens 2 games, 249yds per game. Ranked 9/12
Total Defense: Ravens 2 games, 355yds per game. Ranked 7/12

Rush Defense: Steelers 1 game, 15yds per game. Ranked 1/12
Pass Defense: Steelers 1 game, 275yds per game. Ranked 11/12
Total Defense: Steelers 1 game, 290yds per game. Ranked 5/12

Offensively, its a different matter...

Pass Offense: Ravens 2 games, 148yds per game. Ranked 12/12
Rush Offense: Ravens 2 games, 100yds per game. Ranked 6/12
Total Offense: Ravens 2 games, 248yds per game. Ranked 12/12

Pass Offense: Steelers 1 game, 177yds per game. Ranked 9/12
Rush Offense: Steelers 1 game, 165yds per game. Ranked 1/12
Total Offense: Steelers 1 game, 342yds per game. Ranked 4/12

Clearly the Steelers performed better.

I dunno how fair it is to compare postseason stats as it is such a small sample size (for example, a lot of SD's passing yards against us came in garbage time when the game was already decided) and the respective sample sizes for the Ravens (2 games) and Steelers (1 game) aren't even the same.

PGH_Futbol
01-14-2009, 11:47 AM
I dunno how fair it is to compare postseason stats as it is such a small sample size (for example, a lot of SD's passing yards against us came in garbage time when the game was already decided) and the respective sample sizes for the Ravens (2 games) and Steelers (1 game) aren't even the same.

Agreed that the sample size is off. The point I'm making regarding the stats is that numbers show how well teams execute or not. Stats represent the value of every component (special teams, offensive line, d-backs, etc.) executing their plays. When you add errors like fumbles, interceptions, and penalities, the value of the execution diminishes. The Titans executed, but their own errors skewed the final result against them. The Steelers can execute - as evidenced by the value of their stats. If we play error free, then the comparison of these postseason stats will prove correct.

donny c
01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Hines will keep smiling and we'll keep winning!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR BODY BAGS READY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAdPmvltWU0

donny c
01-14-2009, 12:21 PM
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhgRNmcCqDU

Indo
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
try this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIn1HN0pAJc&NR=1

stlrtruck
01-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Don't play the WHAT IF game. Fumbles and INTs are part of the game and the WHAT IF game is for teams like the titans and chargers.

I remember being at the bucs vs Steelers game a few years back and a bucs fan said, "If Alstott doesn't fumble we win the game!" and I replied, "Yeah, but he did and you didn't!"

It's part of the game and the team that usually wins the turnover battle wins the game. There can not be any WHAT IFs after Sunday. It's either the Steelers do or the ratbirds do.

Stover4Prez
01-14-2009, 08:26 PM
"If the Ravens score more points than the Steelers, I think we win!" :)

stlrtruck
01-14-2009, 09:08 PM
"If the Ravens score more points than the Steelers, I think we win!" :)

There's the difference between Steelers fans and ratbirds fans.

If the STEELERS score more points than the ratbirds, I KNOW they will win! :wink02:

LVSteelersfan
01-14-2009, 11:19 PM
If he catches it in the corner of the endzone, it already broke the plane getting there! So that is no question. The call in the last game I feel should have stood as called on the field either way. The video was inconclusive. I don't think there was any evidence there to overturn it EITHER WAY! But since it was not called a TD real time, it should have stayed not a TD after review. It doesn't matter now since the game is over. But your argument is completely wrong about the guy catching it in the corner of the endzone. It is not where the feet are, it is where the BALL is.

Moron Baltimore fans just don't get that it was ABSOLUTELY CONCLUSIVE to the referee that he caught the ball on the other side of the goal line, had complete control and was knocked out. Bitch all you want. It changes nothing and shows you have no clue about anything. I have seen that replay over and over and he had the ball inside the goal line just like the referee saw. Get a freakin clue.

Crow-Magnon
01-14-2009, 11:21 PM
There's the difference between Steelers fans and ratbirds fans.

If the STEELERS score more points than the ratbirds, I KNOW they will win! :wink02:

I shouldn't laugh at that, but I did. :laughing:

steelerman86
01-14-2009, 11:32 PM
If we do not turn it over and not make stupid penalties (i.e. the 15 yard variety), and rush Flacco all day; it'll be a victory for us all the way. The thing that bothers me is that I don't want the Ravens getting under our skin causing us to lose our composure and get stupid personal foul penalties. You know that the Ravens do play dirty (just look at how they tried twisting Chris Johnson last week even though he was down......not a penalty play because they know how to do it wihtout being too obvious BUT still a little dirty nonetheless). I will say that the hit Ray Lewis had in that game was probably in my Top 5 hits this year; totally clean and totally smash mouth!!!. Their D is banged up a bit but I think it will still be a close game, the game of the year (IMO), and may pale in comparison top the Super Bowl only because of the number 1 D facing the number 2 D and it's going to get ugly!!! GO BLACK and GOLD!!!!

stlrtruck
01-15-2009, 08:55 AM
I shouldn't laugh at that, but I did. :laughing:

At this point in the week, it's all about laughing right now. As fans we've discussed our points long enough - it's time to get it on. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

Crow-Magnon
01-15-2009, 09:05 AM
At this point in the week, it's all about laughing right now. As fans we've discussed our points long enough - it's time to get it on. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

Discussed....ad nauseum. :blah:

For once, I'm glad this week seems to be....t a k i n g....s o....l o n g. I don't know if playing last Saturday and then having off until the late game this Sunday will help with rest and injuries or not, but at this point of the season, I'd say it can't hurt.

I do not want to have one or two players on defense either be out of the game completely or be very limited and then lose, only to hear "yeah? well, if so-and-so would have been healthy, etc, etc". If (and I say if, so don't yinz's twist my words) the Ravens lose, I hope it's due to being simply outplayed and nothing else.

PGH_Futbol
01-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Don't play the WHAT IF game. Fumbles and INTs are part of the game and the WHAT IF game is for teams like the titans and chargers.

There are no what if's. There are stats. And stats are truth. Again - all I'm saying is that we need to execute our plays and not commit errors. We are a disciplined team, especially these past 8 games.

Average per game:

342 yds of net offense
235 in the air
107 on the ground
6 penalties for 53 yards
1.38 turnovers
33:35 time of possession

Defensively
We give up
240 yds of net offense
172 in the air
67 on the ground

and we are 7 - 1 over that stretch.

execute. Don't commit turnovers. We had 4 against the Titans... but outplayed them in every other category... just like the Titans vs. Ratbirds...

scsteeler
01-15-2009, 09:21 AM

May I say that Had it not been for Titans RB getting hurt and 4 turnovers in the Red Zone you would at home watching this week. I don 't care if we beat you by a Half of a point it is still a win.

I saw the Ravens this past weekend and all you have to do is wait until late 3rd quarter and you can do what you want on that Raven Defense because those old guys are tired and worn out. that is why they Gave up that 92 yard drive to lose the last game against the Steelers and they want to whine about is a bad call for a TD what about those other 90 + yards that Defense gave up to lose the game.

xlchamps
01-15-2009, 09:26 AM

Rebuttals are welcome.

Well buddy we will rattle him, i'll give you two good reasons, 1 we got James Harrison, he always get after the ravens qb while he plays at home. 2nd would be home field advantage, Flacco seems to struggle in away games, the ravens got so lucky last week it wasnt even funny. On the last drive if i remember correctly, on 3rd and 2 or 4th and 2, the play clock went to 0, and the refs didnt even call delay of game, it should've been a 5 yrd penalty, but it wasnt called, i would say no doubt that if the right called was made, the ravens wouldnt even be in the afc championship game.

Crow-Magnon
01-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Well buddy we will rattle him, i'll give you two good reasons, 1 we got James Harrison, he always get after the ravens qb while he plays at home. 2nd would be home field advantage, Flacco seems to struggle in away games, the ravens got so lucky last week it wasnt even funny. On the last drive if i remember correctly, on 3rd and 2 or 4th and 2, the play clock went to 0, and the refs didnt even call delay of game, it should've been a 5 yrd penalty, but it wasnt called, i would say no doubt that if the right called was made, the ravens wouldnt even be in the afc championship game.

Check your stats. Flacco has been a better QB on the road than at home this year.

And don't squawk about the no delay of game flag. I've seen Ben do that twice in one game and not get penalized. It happens. The Titans still had the opportunity to stop the play. They failed.

xlchamps
01-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Check your stats. Flacco has been a better QB on the road than at home this year.

And don't squawk about the no delay of game flag. I've seen Ben do that twice in one game and not get penalized. It happens. The Titans still had the opportunity to stop the play. They failed.

I mean in the playoff against a solid team, what was he 11/22 not so good, o yea let me correct myself he doesnt play well in pittsburgh, cuz thanks to him, he helped us win :tt03:

PGH_Futbol
01-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Sure...

75 yds per game... big deal. That's playing well against the steelers. Still under the 80.2 yds per game we give up on average.

Biggest difference is that McClain is ALL you have. Willis can't run to the store against us. We had 4 runners in the last game who got first downs against you... versatility. It's what's for dinner.

STEEL-MAN
01-15-2009, 10:30 AM
ok, you feel good about your team and you should, some of what you said is true. Mc whats his name is big and has run for some yards on us, the thing your missing is he's hurt, bad ankle and will be limited by it. Expect to see more of the other Mcguy and less of Mcwhats his name come Sunday.

Steelers are healthy and that is bad news for the Ravens, only notible is Troy, he'll be fine by Sunday.
On the other hand the Ravens have some problems, Reed, Suggs, star TE and a number of other players are banged up.

lilyoder6
01-15-2009, 10:34 AM
during the playoffs flacco rly hasn't been doing anything.. yes, he throws once and a while but the ravens are protecting him with the def and run.. and it worked the first 2 games.. obv the steelers can shut down the run and play def.. so will flacco be able to put the game on his shoulders as a rookie in the AFCCG on the road??

LambertIsGod58
01-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I haven't read all 13 pages so I apologize if these have already been posted.

Week 4

Flacco 16/31 192 yds 1 TD 5 sacks

Week 15

Flacco 11/28 115 yds, 2 INTs and 2 sacks

I don't see how Flacco has exactly lit it up. And as far as FWP, he's finally healthy from what I've seen. I wouldn't count him out.

xlchamps
01-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I haven't read all 13 pages so I apologize if these have already been posted.

Week 4

Flacco 16/31 192 yds 1 TD 5 sacks

Week 15

Flacco 11/28 115 yds, 2 INTs and 2 sacks

I don't see how Flacco has exactly lit it up. And as far as FWP, he's finally healthy from what I've seen. I wouldn't count him out.

Yea see he's not all that great, you just gotta understand, no qb has a great game against the season this yr beside kerry collins.

stlrtruck
01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
during the playoffs flacco rly hasn't been doing anything.. yes, he throws once and a while but the ravens are protecting him with the def and run.. and it worked the first 2 games.. obv the steelers can shut down the run and play def.. so will flacco be able to put the game on his shoulders as a rookie in the AFCCG on the road??

I don't think that's by Flacco's choice, but more so by the coaches play calling. From what I remember of the ratbirds vs. titans game, they came out conservative on offense and that's not really the way you want to play the game. I mean you don't want the kid making silly mistakes but you also don't want to give a defensive advantage to the Steelers either. Cam is going to have to open up a bit or he won't give Flacco the chance to benefit from the ratbirds defense.

Putting that ratbirds defense on the field too long in the first half could be the downfall of them in the second.

What I'd like to see is the Steelers start out on defense, set the tone, and then allow the offense to take over.

TackleMeBen
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM
i feel good about the ravens b/c they are already hurting and they are really going to be hurting on the way home sunday night.

SteelPower
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Flake'o appears to be a good quarterback until he plays against the #1 defense. The Ratbirds will leave Sunday night believing you can lose to the same team three times in the same season. Go Steelers!

Buzz05
01-15-2009, 11:47 AM
With the except of Crow-Magnon, who seems pretty chill, you all with have to excuse the rest of the Ratbird fans. The city of Baltimore is lit up with ugly purple lights and I think that is seeping into their brains with un-original talk. Please, bring something up that is insightful and worthwile rather then the usual "our d is better then your d," or the always fun "ben sucks." Seriously, I know you guys haven't won in a while but come on now. Its getting old..

Stover4Prez
01-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Ben REALLY sucks.... is that better? :-)

No seriously I see this game coming down to 3 or 4 MAJOR plays. Something like Ward getting away from the D and catching a big one, or even Mason doing the same. Or even Ed Reed, who is a beast.

On paper, the Steelers should have this one in the bag. They are healthier, at home and had a relatively easy game last weekend. The Ravens are banged up and had to play to the last second last weekend. However, as always the intangibles are what make it. Even after the game last weekend, the Titans on paper won. Of course the scoreboard holds the only important stat, and this weekend is no different.

Good luck to all. Here's to a great game!

Go Ravens!!

stlrtruck
01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Ben REALLY sucks.... is that better? :-)

No seriously I see this game coming down to 3 or 4 MAJOR plays. Something like Ward getting away from the D and catching a big one, or even Mason doing the same. Or even Ed Reed, who is a beast.

On paper, the Steelers should have this one in the bag. They are healthier, at home and had a relatively easy game last weekend. The Ravens are banged up and had to play to the last second last weekend. However, as always the intangibles are what make it. Even after the game last weekend, the Titans on paper won. Of course the scoreboard holds the only important stat, and this weekend is no different.

Good luck to all. Here's to a great game!

Go Ravens!!

The thing that makes this game even is the fact that these two teams hate each other and you can never look at the win-loss record when they play. Stats won't win this game, knocking the crap out of the other team is what is going to win the game.

Here's to a referee mistake free game and no injuries! :drink: :drink:

GO STEELERS (is it Sunday yet)

SteelersinCA
01-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure if you checked out Flacco's stats in the game against the Steelers and his last game, he ain't moving the ball much at all. Not saying he sucks because he's a rookie, but your offense is pathetic.

Tomwin
01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
lawl at this thread

TheSteelCurtain
01-31-2009, 01:23 PM

Rebuttals are welcome.

You failed at this post. You failed at life. And the ravens fell to do shit. Thank you come again.

BrandonCarr39
01-31-2009, 01:37 PM
*ugh* I still CAN'T believe we lost to this team in our TX Stadium finale!:doh:

stillers4me
01-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Hey! Welcome back, TNewman!

BrandonCarr39
01-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Hey! Welcome back, TNewman!

Hey, what's up? Thought I'd drop by here to wish you guys the best of luck!

Honestly, I'm torn who to root for b/c 1) The Cards DID beat our (much)hated Eagles rivals...at the very least, the Cards got the Eagles fans off of our backs for another 8 months(an Eagles Super Bowl would have made this offseason much more slow and painful), and 2) The Steelers ARE a team that I've admired and respected during my 25 or so years of being a football fan...the way the Rooneys run this franchise is how Jerry SHOULD have been doing so the last 15 years. Plus being an NFC guy, I've never hated AFC teams anyways, as none of them have been our rivals.(i.e. alot like SF and Green Bay have been our non-NFCE rivals for years).

With that being said, like I mentioned on another thread, the Cards magical run will likely end tomorrow. Although good news for them is that Whisenhunt has changed the morale of that franchise, and they're $40m under the cap this year, so they're good to go for years to come.

chucoblack&gold
01-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey, what's up? Thought I'd drop by here to wish you guys the best of luck!

Honestly, I'm torn who to root for b/c 1) The Cards DID beat our (much)hated Eagles rivals...at the very least, the Cards got the Eagles fans off of our backs for another 8 months(an Eagles Super Bowl would have made this offseason much more slow and painful), and 2) The Steelers ARE a team that I've admired and respected during my 25 or so years of being a football fan...the way the Rooneys run this franchise is how Jerry SHOULD have been doing so the last 15 years. Plus being an NFC guy, I've never hated AFC teams anyways, as none of them have been our rivals.(i.e. alot like SF and Green Bay have been our non-NFCE rivals for years).

With that being said, like I mentioned on another thread, the Cards magical run will likely end tomorrow. Although good news for them is that Whisenhunt has changed the morale of that franchise, and they're $40m under the cap this year, so they're good to go for years to come.

damn, T, wish more people would do their homework like you before they post. Good to see you back:drink::wave:

Edman
01-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Well, if it hasn't been obvious enough already...

Joe Flacco sucks against the Steelers.

SteelCurtain7
01-31-2009, 06:45 PM

Rebuttals are welcome.

How're the Ravens working out for you, chump? :rofl:

Enjoy watching THE STEELERS win their sixth SB tomorrow, smacky!!!!!!!! :tt:

BrandonCarr39
01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
damn, T, wish more people would do their homework like you before they post. Good to see you back:drink::wave:

Do you want to hear something funny? Every now and then on our board, we have "Should we have drafted Troy P instead of Terrence Newman?" threads.

For the record-I've been VERY happy with Newman-despite our poor safety play in recent years, he's shown every bit to be the shutdown corner he was supposed to be coming out of college. For some reason, alot of CMBers think he's made of glass, which is why these threads pop up quite a bit(it's a myth b/c in '07, he only missed 3 games and played very well despite that nagging plasitar fanticilus injury, and '08 was pretty much the only year he missed extensive time with an injury). The knack against Newman though is that he has stone hands.

Now the "Should we have drafted Ed Reed instead of Roy Williams?" threads over there...that has MUCH more merit.