PDA

View Full Version : Yo steeler fans I need your help, whats the theme song you guys play at your stadium

49er fan
01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
whats the theme song you guys play at your stadium before very kickoff and at the beggining of the gm, ive been looking everywhere for this i would appreciate it if u guys can help and congrats on your win over the chargers.:applaudit::hatsoff:

Rek
01-12-2009, 02:56 PM
whats the theme song you guys play at your stadium before very kickoff and at the beggining of the gm, ive been looking everywhere for this i would appreciate it if u guys can help and congrats on your win over the chargers.:applaudit::hatsoff:

That could be any number of songs...you know any of the words?

fordfan485
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
The game I went to 2 weeks ago it seemed like they played Sandstorm by Darude about 15 million times, its the techno sounding song. I also heard it again last night in the background on tv

Another song I remember them playing was Renegade by Sytx and it seemed to get the crowd really really fired up when the steelers were on defense

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
One area I think Steeler games are lacking are their musical choices. Other then Renegade from the Joey Porter era, I don't recall any specific songs being played for any particular reason. Just the vanilla stadium anthems they play at any arena. They do sprinkle the occasional Donnie Irus in there.

On that note, the coolest sound at any football game I have heard was at Michigan State (went to the PSU-MSU game last year). They play a clip from 300 when the Defense takes the field: "SPARTANS! What is your profession??!!!! WOO WOO WOO!"

That was fricking cool.

lilyoder6
01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
all u need to get the crowd and team going is renegade..

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
all u need to get the crowd and team going is renegade..

And, something about Styx being the team anthem just doesn't sit well with me....I mean, Styx????? Couldn't we get something a little more, I don't know, menacing or macho? I mean, the group that sings Come Sail Away, Babe and Mr. Roboto doesn't exactly get me all fired up when our defense hits the field. I just think of Dennis DeYoung and want to slap myself repeatedly.

:chuckle: :flap:

Hines4ever
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM

"Zombie Nation" is the name of the song that they seem to play alot...then again, I've heard played at other teams' games as well.

TheWarDen86
01-12-2009, 03:29 PM
"Zombie Nation" is the name of the song that they seem to play alot...then again, I've heard played at other teams' games as well.

DAMN! Beat me to it. :chuckle:

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:29 PM

And THAT is played everywhere. Actually, that's reall popular at Penn State as they have a version that the entire student section bounces to during the white out games....

Rek
01-12-2009, 03:32 PM
And, something about Styx being the team anthem just doesn't sit well with me....I mean, Styx????? Couldn't we get something a little more, I don't know, menacing or macho? I mean, the group that sings Come Sail Away, Babe and Mr. Roboto doesn't exactly get me all fired up....

:chuckle::flap:

Don't forget "Show Me The Way" or "Don't Let It End." When I hear the line "don't let it end this waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy" I just melt.

Sorry, that sounded less gay in my head.

TheWarDen86
01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
"Zombie Nation" and "Renegade" are my personal two stadium faves.

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't forget "Show Me The Way" or "Don't Let It End." When I hear the line "don't let it end this waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy" I just melt.

Sorry, that sounded less gay in my head.

:toofunny:

49er fan
01-12-2009, 03:39 PM
I appreciate the help but i went to youtube for sandstorm and renegade and those werent it. I always hear it right when they are about to kickoff it has no word its just a theme. If u guys dont know its okay im just hoping maybe next week you guys hear right before they kickoff against the ravens and will come back and post it. Thank for your help anyways good luck next week.

TheWarDen86
01-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I appreciate the help but i went to youtube for sandstorm and renegade and those werent it. I always hear it right when they are about to kickoff it has no word its just a theme. If u guys dont know its okay im just hoping maybe next week you guys hear right before they kickoff against the ravens and will come back and post it. Thank for your help anyways good luck next week.

"Sandstorm?" No, it's got to be Zombie Nation that you're thinking of.

zsheik22
01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
It's Zombie Nation by DJ Kernkraft

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I do remember them playing a video of a Mill and blast furnace that had some cool music going along with it...was before kickoff. I don't remember Kernkraft 400 being specifically played before every kickoff though. WIll have to pay attention next time I go to a game.

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
It's Zombie Nation by DJ Kernkraft

You got it backwards...the song is called "Kernkraft 400 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernkraft_400)" and the band is Zombie Nation...people mix it up because they say Zombie Nation in the song.

49er fan
01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
And THAT is played everywhere. Actually, that's reall popular at Penn State as they have a version that the entire student section bounces to during the white out games....

thanks guys it is zombie nation, gives me the chills. Get them ravens:tt03:

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
thanks guys it is zombie nation, gives me the chills. Get them ravens:tt03:
You mean Kernkraft 400.

zsheik22
01-12-2009, 03:55 PM
You're probably right, but i've always seen it called Zombie Nation :p

But anyways niner guy, thats why they got the steeler nation banner up and play the song. They also play it really good at Happy Valley. You can youtube Penn state and Zombie Nation and it's really good.

Hammer67
01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
You're probably right, but i've always seen it called Zombie Nation :p

But anyways niner guy, thats why they got the steeler nation banner up and play the song. They also play it really good at Happy Valley. You can youtube Penn state and Zombie Nation and it's really good.

Yeah...everyone messes it up. The band should just change the name of the song to Zombie Nation at this point.

WVUSteelers
01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm usually only a spectator on these boards but I know we play "Hot For Teacher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP3X5LrFe44&feature=related.. atleast the drum beat at the beginning for the kickoff.. is this it?

westcoastransplant
01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
"Zombie Nation" and "Renegade" are my personal two stadium faves.

I remember my first time at Heinz when they played Renegade and the place just went nuts. The video on the defense that goes with the song is pretty cool too.