PDA

View Full Version : Steelers want your advice this week. What will you say?

Kaeg
01-12-2009, 08:54 PM
:shout: Ok men, remember; you all know it's difficult to beat an opponent 3 times in a season. You have to keep focus. These guys hate you as division rivals, but they may hate you more than ever right now. Especially because of your TD catch last game, Santonio. They still haven't stopped with that yet. I want you guys to be as physical as you always play. They sure will be. But don't get too caught up. Let them be the ones who draw the flags.

..........Oh yea, and watch out for #52. He may be packing....

JackHammer
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
:shout: We can no loose anymoar games!!!!

CaliStillersFan
01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I keep hearing how hard it is to beat a team 3 times in one year, but I haven't seen any numbers to back this up. Does anyone know how many times it's happened before? Has a team that has gotten beaten twice by one team in the regular season even made it to a championship game for a 2nd rematch? I can't remember that ever happening, I might have to go digging for answers to this one. The only time I can remember anything close to this was in 2002. We beat Cleveland twice in the regular season and then a third time to open wild card weekend. Doesn't sound that hard to me. :)

zsheik22
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Im going to tell Coach Tomlin to lube James Harrison up in KY jelly so he cant get held every god damn play like every other god damn game.

:tt02:

CanadianSteel
01-12-2009, 10:29 PM
sorry double posted... see below

CanadianSteel
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Dont turn the ball over and we are on to the Superbowl !

JackHammer
01-13-2009, 02:08 AM
I keep hearing how hard it is to beat a team 3 times in one year, but I haven't seen any numbers to back this up. Does anyone know how many times it's happened before? Has a team that has gotten beaten twice by one team in the regular season even made it to a championship game for a 2nd rematch? I can't remember that ever happening, I might have to go digging for answers to this one. The only time I can remember anything close to this was in 2002. We beat Cleveland twice in the regular season and then a third time to open wild card weekend. Doesn't sound that hard to me. :)

Somebody posted this on another Steelers message board:

Since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970, there have been 18 times when a team went into a playoff game with a chance to complete a three-game season sweep, according to STATS, Inc. Those teams are 11-7.

So the idea that it's impossible, or even very difficult, to beat a team three times in one season is nothing more than a crock of well composted Bull Shit.

steelreserve
01-13-2009, 03:31 AM
It's a f***ing football game. Beat them. There's no luck involved unless God decided to take the points this week. And since it's only -5, I wouldn't do it if I were Him either.

Preacher
01-13-2009, 03:40 AM
It's a f***ing football game. Beat them. There's no luck involved unless God decided to take the points this week. And since it's only -5, I wouldn't do it if I were Him either.

:rofl:

stlrtruck
01-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Put the defense on the field first to set the tone of the day! Play smashmouth old school football.

Score on Defense first, special teams second, and then let the offense have the ball for the rest of the game!!

revefsreleets
01-13-2009, 12:57 PM
"Remember the Alamo"

memphissteelergirl
01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Offense: Control the clock....long sustained drives...keep Flacco off the field as long as possible.

Defense: Simple....kill the guy with the ball! :mad:

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2009, 01:26 PM
"If you win this game, you are in the Superbowl."

what else needs to be said?

jasonhightower
01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

"It ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin! Who's with me? Lets go!"

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
"Smash In their Heads and beat them so hard three generations from now their family will still be born with bruises."

The Duke
01-13-2009, 01:43 PM
"John Kuhn is watching you"

nicesteel4life
01-13-2009, 02:32 PM
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

"It ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin! Who's with me? Lets go!"

ummmmmm like the spirit BUT it was the Japs! :rofl:

ShutDown24
01-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Im going to tell Coach Tomlin to lube James Harrison up in KY jelly so he cant get held every god damn play like every other god damn game.

:tt02:

Good call

memphissteelergirl
01-13-2009, 03:08 PM
ummmmmm like the spirit BUT it was the Japs! :rofl:

You've never seen the movie "Animal House" did you? :wink02::chuckle:

jasonhightower
01-13-2009, 04:01 PM
You've never seen the movie "Animal House" did you? :wink02::chuckle:

You got it... I was wondering who would catch it!