PDA

View Full Version : Injury report per John Clayton

Fire Haley
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
The Ravens have a long list, but everyone should play except linebacker Antwan Barnes, who missed Saturday's victory over the Titans with a chest injury. The biggest question mark is linebacker Terrell Suggs, who injured his shoulder Saturday and didn't finish the Titans game. Suggs said after the game that he would play next week regardless of the extent of the injury, so don't count him out. The likely scenario is Suggs will dress and at least play on passing downs.

The Ravens will have around 10 players on their injury report this week. Cornerback Samari Rolle suffered a minor groin injury Saturday, but he expects to play in Pittsburgh. He was questionable all last week because of a thigh injury. Safety Jim Leonhard suffered a minor concussion, but the team doesn't think he will miss much practice this week. Tight end Todd Heap took a hit to the ribs and was already playing with a sore back. Running back Le'Ron McClain tweaked an ankle.

Among the other Ravens who will be listed on the injury report are safety Ed Reed(knee), defensive tackle Justin Bannan (foot), linebacker Jarret Johnson (calf), kicker Matt Stover (ankle) and cornerback Fabian Washington(neck).

The Steelers couldn't be healthier. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger showed no ill effects from the concussion he suffered in Week 17. As he does in normal weeks, wide receiver Hines Ward will probably miss Wednesday's practice to rest. Pittsburgh has no other injury issues. The Steelers are as healthy as they've been all season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3825804

tony hipchest
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
mchugh needs to be sent on a kamikazee mission to suggs shoulder on the 1st play.

Sharkissle29
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
mchugh needs to be sent on a kamikazee mission to suggs shoulder on the 1st play.

i love the way that man lead blocks!

CanadianSteel
01-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Thats the way to send a message... get ready to be hit or get off the field !

jjpro11
01-12-2009, 10:40 PM
we have been extremely fortunate this season with injuries.. we were in 05 too. hell of a lot better than last year's mess.

MasterOfPuppets
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
nawwww....send the "jaw breaker " after him....:ouch:

NJarhead
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Have him run a route right to Suggs.
Have Ben throw the ball to Suggs just before McHugh gets there.
Dumbass will try to catch the pass cuz he's "C-A-T smart,"
McHugh lowers his shoulder and we all laugh our asses off. :thumbsup:

DACEB
01-13-2009, 07:00 AM

Might as well go 'longest yard' on him, and then let McHugh wreck him!!

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2009, 09:33 AM

Please! Throw a pick!

stlrtruck
01-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Please! Throw a pick!

I'd prefer they talk football rather than talk about getting someone injured.

Look I'm all for hard nosed football and if a player gets hurt, then that is football. But to intentionally go after someone's injury is just cowardly!

And, well, cowardly just isn't THE STEELERS WAY!

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I'd prefer they talk football rather than talk about getting someone injured.

Look I'm all for hard nosed football and if a player gets hurt, then that is football. But to intentionally go after someone's injury is just cowardly!

And, well, cowardly just isn't THE STEELERS WAY!

Just like any forum, there are tons of classy posters and a few idiots.

Fire Haley
01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
All those non-football posts should be deleted from my thread.

Can I be mod-for-a-day?

I'll crack the whip, put the fear of the gods back in this place.

LVSteelersfan
01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't root for injuries but these players need to be blocked and knocked down as a regular course of the game. If they get hurt, or back down due to their injuries, so be it. They shouldn't be on the field if they can't play up to par.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Let Ward take him out, he hits harder than the bulk of our players. Run a screen to FWP on his side have Ward blind side Suggs, if we get no flag, run it again and blind side Reed, lol

We haven't run those plays in a while, its time to unleash Ward again.

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't root for injuries but these players need to be blocked and knocked down as a regular course of the game. If they get hurt, or back down due to their injuries, so be it. They shouldn't be on the field if they can't play up to par.

I have no problem with that. And if Lewis or Suggs or Scott level Ben and give him another concussion, with a legal hit, it would be the same.

But only if it's legal. I would never sanction a deliberate RTP hit just to try and knock him out. The Butkus Era is over.

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Let Ward take him out, he hits harder than the bulk of our players. Run a screen to FWP on his side have Ward blind side Suggs, if we get no flag, run it again and blind side Reed, lol

We haven't run those plays in a while, its time to unleash Ward again.

That's the talk of someone scared right there.

ShutDown24
01-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Haha. The chances of Suggs catching a ball without the hit would be slim to none anyway.

Honestly, we won't need to hurt anyone or set any kind of physical precedent in this game. It's easy to see the Steelers have more talent on the offensive side of the ball and are even if not slightly better than the Ravens on defense. As long as the guys come to play and don't over-look the opponent (Won't happen with Tomlin), we don't need to be worried about the outcome of this one at all. Not looking down at the Ravens as they have had a very good season and peaked at the right time, but they just won't be able to sustain it. They're still a year away from being that good with Flacco at the wheel (That man is seriously overrated at this point in career). Just don't give the game away like the Titans did - and its smooth sailing to our sixth title.

revefsreleets
01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
This will, of course, be the excuse of choice come 10 PM Sunday night for the Rat Nation.

Hey, we both played long seasons...our athletes just must be better conditioned than yours. Get over it...

jasonhightower
01-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Interesting there's no mention of Troy's calf injury: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3830172

Also, very interesting to see Ben's concussion was a "spinal concussion": http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3828762

Fire Haley
01-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Ravens | Suggs' status for AFC Championship game uncertain

Tue, 13 Jan 2009 06:08:54 -0800

Ken Murray, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said DL Terrell Suggs (shoulder) had an MRI exam Monday, Jan. 12, and suggested Suggs' availability for the AFC Championship game would "be close." Harbaugh added, "I'm not going to sit here and say it's positive, or we're happy about it. We'll just see how it goes. It's going to be close. He's going to work real hard to try to get back. That's all we know."

revefsreleets
01-13-2009, 02:42 PM
This is actually one case where I DON'T necessarily want the other team 100% healthy. We've already beaten these guys twice, so we know we're the better team, and I just don't trust these cheapshotting thugs. We have a Super Bowl to win, and they'vealready purposefully ended the season of one of our players. Don't want to see more of that...

steelpride12
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Good, lets get out there and hit them early and hard all game long, i want them to feel their loss.

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
This is actually one case where I DON'T necessarily want the other team 100% healthy. We've already beaten these guys twice, so we know we're the better team, and I just don't trust these cheapshotting thugs. We have a Super Bowl to win, and they'vealready purposefully ended the season of one of our players. Don't want to see more of that...

The hit on Mendenhall was a legal hit. No one argues that except those who just want to talk foolish.

CaliStillersFan
01-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm all for not intentionally trying to injure players, but this is the Ravens. A team that has admitted to the media that they have bounties on our players, screw that. They are a bunch of thugs. Suggs and Ray Ray should be their first targets. I'll show some class when it comes to a classy team, but the thugs on the ravens defense do not deserve that level of respect. You all saw what they did to Chris Johnson last week, they almost broke the dude in half while he was on the ground. They will do the same to our players if they get the chance. I hope Hines gets a shot on one of them this weekend.

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm all for not intentionally trying to injure players, but this is the Ravens. A team that has admitted to the media that they have bounties on our players, screw that. They are a bunch of thugs. Suggs and Ray Ray should be their first targets. I'll show some class when it comes to a classy team, but the thugs on the ravens defense do not deserve that level of respect. You all saw what they did to Chris Johnson last week, they almost broke the dude in half while he was on the ground. They will do the same to our players if they get the chance. I hope Hines gets a shot on one of them this weekend.

Blame the ref for not blowing the whistle. Or would Harrison and Polamalu just let Johnson keep getting yardage? He wasn't just laying there.

Christ! It's a good thing most of you are probably too young to have watched Lambert, Ham and Greene play. You'd hate your own players. :laughing:

westcoastransplant
01-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I would expect Suggs to be out there on Sunday. Wether or not he is effective, thats another question. I wont lie though. I was happy they had to play Tennessee last week. Whoever came out of that game was going to be battered. I can't say I forsaw this coming but I wasn't too upset losing to Tennessee in the regular season knowing that we would propably play softer teams like San Diego or Indy with the 2nd seed.

wvsportsman
01-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Blame the ref for not blowing the whistle. Or would Harrison and Polamalu just let Johnson keep getting yardage? He wasn't just laying there.

Christ! It's a good thing most of you are probably too young to have watched Lambert, Ham and Greene play. You'd hate your own players. :laughing:

Johnson had his legs wrapped up and down, he wasen't going to gain 1 more yard!
I am old enough and did watch Lambert, Ham and Green. They played hard smashmouth football, but they were'nt Dirty cheapshot artist!!

Crow-Magnon
01-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Johnson had his legs wrapped up and down, he wasen't going to gain 1 more yard!
I am old enough and did watch Lambert, Ham and Green. They played hard smashmouth football, but they were'nt Dirty cheapshot artist!!

He was still trying to advance the ball and the whistle had not blown. If they stopped trying to keep him from moving, what then? Let him go?

Did you hear Fisher or Johnson complain? Why are you?

devilsdancefloor
01-13-2009, 09:20 PM
NEVER wish a playuer to get injured that is just plain BS! Steelers take the high road as should be. play hard and until the whistle. this crap of hurting people is just so annoying! talk about bad KARMA!:tt03::tt03: Here is to a great hard nose clean injury free game

eden
01-13-2009, 10:09 PM
The hit on Mendenhall was a legal hit. No one argues that except those who just want to talk foolish.

i was told lewis stood over him yelling good he is finished

Preacher
01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Never wish injury on a player. Never set out to injure a player. But you can be dang sure if a player is a weak point, no matter for what reason, you go out and put the smack down on him. IF you have a LB with a very sore shoulder, you tee-off on that LB, send the runs his way with the FB seeking him out for a hard clean shot. Call runs that are specifically designated for Ward to crack back on Rolle and Suggs.

It is much harder to play when you are afraid to get hit. That isn't dirty, it is just part of the game. But no. You NEVER set out to actually INJURE the player.

SteelersinCA
01-14-2009, 02:51 AM
I don't want anyone to get injured, however, I'm not complaining if they are. That's part of the game and why the NFL is great. Good teams persevere.

revefsreleets
01-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I could care less if it was a legal hit or not, and that's not the point. The Rat turd thugs specifically targetted Ward and Mendenhall, they were vocal about it, which IS AGAINST NFL RULES, and then they went out and purposefully tried to injure botyh players, fufilling half their mission.

If it was a clean classy team and there was no "bounty", I'd have no problem with it, but it's the Rat Thugs, they called their shot, and they delivered.

What is even more egregious is that the players in question are Suggs and Lewis. Enough has been said about the coward and killer Ray Lewis, but on that particular play, he gloated, then boasted later that Mendy was "done". Zero class. Suggs is a real piece of work, too. Here's a pic of this upstanding citizen (He's the fine young man on the left)...

http://thedirty.com/ArmyUploads/2009/01/05/DIRTY_phpulPp51.jpg

The hilarity ensues when the Rats fans come to their players defense. It's like the Germans supporting Hitler...

Steel4eva
01-14-2009, 10:39 AM
oh how i would love to see Hines nail Suggs on his girly shoulder.

GO STEELERS!

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Yaa uhh Lambert.....:noidea:

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Ya I never wish injury upon anyone *cough* tom brady * cough. Haha , no but serious I never condone dirty play. But if the play is clean and the person gets hurt there really is no fault. It is more of an accident. And if the person is injured before he gets in the game the probability of a more serious injury will rise.

I am not saying steelers players have not played dirty. Any one remember Porter taking Heap out of the game a few years ago on a kneel down or a spiked play. Heap was trying to get off the feild , they had to run one more dead play, porter noticed he was injured and knocked him on his ass. So dont act like we are all goody goody too.

This is football . Deal with it !
:tt03: