PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Fans at Bar

BleedBlacknGold0
01-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Im located in South Central PA so Im overcrowded with Ravens fans. So Saturday nite at the bar there is just tons of people in their Reed and Lewis jerseys yelling towards me since I had my Ward jersey on.

Basically the normal bar rants how the Steelers suck and the Ravens "won" both games but beat themselves etc. So this goes on for about an hour or 2 and finally I got sick of it.

I called them all over to my table and casually asked them if they were hardcore Ravens fans to which they reply they were. So I ask.... "Who is the Ravens' center?"

DEAD SILENCE

There were 5 total and nobody could answer it for me. One guy actually left because my friends were laughing so hard.

I've actually only ran into a few Ravens fans that actually seem to know about this team. Just thought that was a funny story to share.

:tt::tt03:

Polamalu43
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Im located in South Central PA so Im overcrowded with Ravens fans. So Saturday nite at the bar there is just tons of people in their Reed and Lewis jerseys yelling towards me since I had my Ward jersey on.

Basically the normal bar rants how the Steelers suck and the Ravens "won" both games but beat themselves etc. So this goes on for about an hour or 2 and finally I got sick of it.

I called them all over to my table and casually asked them if they were hardcore Ravens fans to which they reply they were. So I ask.... "Who is the Ravens' center?"DEAD SILENCE

There were 5 total and nobody could answer it for me. One guy actually left because my friends were laughing so hard.

I've actually only ran into a few Ravens fans that actually seem to know about this team. Just thought that was a funny story to share.

:toofunny: Nice way to shut there arses up bro...

NJarhead
01-12-2009, 10:35 PM

I called them all over to my table and casually asked them if they were hardcore Ravens fans to which they reply they were. So I ask.... "Who is the Ravens' center?"

DEAD SILENCE

BWAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!!!! :rofl:

That's awesome!

Hapa
01-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Hahaha you're the man.

KYMDFAN
01-13-2009, 12:02 AM
so you can name every single player on your team when you are not near a computer? I'm not going to be rude but I don't see how this is a "victory" for you.
I do think the Ravens played the Steelers very well in both games but in the fourth quarter we allowed the game to get away. That is as much the Steelers doing as the Ravens D tiring out. We have had a problem with the fourth quarter D in the last half of the season.

Honestly Jason Brown is one of the most low key people in the NFL so really i'm not shocked you got away with this one. I could ask you about the center on your team but you have the luxury of having the world wide web at your disposal so testing that out is not really plausible. You could say that you know everything about the Steelers but really being that you have access to wikipedia and other websites again I can't test it out.

I'm still going to be very respectful because I find most of the people on this forums, esp Preacher, to be very cool people. :p

I still think you got away with one because you were in a bar, messing with drunk people and had the luxury of asking the question first. Way to show how cool you are my friend.... heheh

zsheik22
01-13-2009, 12:08 AM
so you can name every single player on your team when you are not near a computer? I'm not going to be rude but I don't see how this is a "victory" for you.
I do think the Ravens played the Steelers very well in both games but in the fourth quarter we allowed the game to get away. That is as much the Steelers doing as the Ravens D tiring out. We have had a problem with the fourth quarter D in the last half of the season.

Honestly Jason Brown is one of the most low key people in the NFL so really i'm not shocked you got away with this one. I could ask you about the center on your team but you have the luxury of having the world wide web at your disposal so testing that out is not really plausible. You could say that you know everything about the Steelers but really being that you have access to wikipedia and other websites again I can't test it out.

I'm still going to be very respectful because I find most of the people on this forums, esp Preacher, to be very cool people. :p

I still think you got away with one because you were in a bar, messing with drunk people and had the luxury of asking the question first. Way to show how cool you are my friend.... heheh

I can honestly say I can name every starter on our team and most of the backups. But in any case, out of 6 of them and NONE could name the starting center.... the guy in every offensive play... well... I dunno.

Ever try talking to a woman about sports? LOL. Try talking to a woman about football thats from Pittsburgh... she will tell you every team in the division, every starter at a skills position, and the results from this season as well as last season.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Ever try talking to a woman about sports? LOL. Try talking to a woman about football thats from Pittsburgh... she will tell you every team in the division, every starter at a skills position, and the results from this season as well as last season.

You got that right!!!:wink02: We Steeler women can talk football with the best of 'em.

mentalist
01-13-2009, 12:12 AM
:bs: :jerkit:

KYMDFAN
01-13-2009, 12:21 AM
I can honestly say I can name every starter on our team and most of the backups. But in any case, out of 6 of them and NONE could name the starting center.... the guy in every offensive play... well... I dunno.

Ever try talking to a woman about sports? LOL. Try talking to a woman about football that's from Pittsburgh... she will tell you every team in the division, every starter at a skills position, and the results from this season as well as last season.

Actually Chris Chester is used at center in some plays but i'm sure you knew that right :p

I'd like to think i'm pretty knowledgeable about my sports but when i'm drinking and you ask a question off the fly, you may stump me...

I chalk this up to a guy trying to look cool in front of his friends and succeeds but in reality i'm not sure he would be better off if he was on the other side of the question. I don't know I think it is a big pet peeve when people try to discuss their e-peen, even when Ravens fans do it, it annoys me. I got banned from a Ravens board a year ago because some jackoff started discussing how awesome he was... I try to be respectful in my assessment of the situation now. :p

BleedBlacknGold0
01-13-2009, 12:38 AM
I chalk this up to a guy trying to look cool in front of his friends and succeeds but in reality i'm not sure he would be better off if he was on the other side of the question.

I chalk this up to 5 people who love their team enough to wear a $100 dollar jersey and talk crap to me while not knowing who puts the ball in Joe Flacco's hand.

Seriously Im not talking a mix up between LG and RG here. They didnt even know a name! I could be drunk out of my mind and at least be able to throw a linemans name out there.

And I wouldn't ask a question I couldnt answer about the Steelers. That would just be an easy set up for me =)

Preacher
01-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Yep...

That would be an easy question here.

Mahan!

:rofl:

KYMDFAN
01-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I chalk this up to 5 people who love their team enough to wear a $100 dollar jersey and talk crap to me while not knowing who puts the ball in Joe Flacco's hand.

Seriously Im not talking a mix up between LG and RG here. They didnt even know a name! I could be drunk out of my mind and at least be able to throw a linemans name out there.

And I wouldn't ask a question I couldnt answer about the Steelers. That would just be an easy set up for me =)

If they talk trash then I would support you in your endeavor to test their knowledge but you said you called them over. That implies to me that you wanted to show your e-peen and I find it distasteful to pick on people when they have been drinking or try to score points with your friends at other peoples' expenses.

If they didn't know who the starting QB or even the biggest names on the team then there is a problem but I still think Jason Brown is so low-key it can be forgivable. Brown is one of the best Centers that isn't mentioned in my opinion, but on a team with loud personalities I love that he is so quiet.

BleedBlacknGold0
01-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Mahan was actually one of the only Steelers to make the Pro Bowl this year

:tt:

BleedBlacknGold0
01-13-2009, 12:49 AM
If they talk trash then I would support you in your endeavor to test their knowledge but you said you called them over. That implies to me that you wanted to show your e-peen and I find it distasteful to pick on people when they have been drinking or try to score points with your friends at other peoples' expenses.

Did you not read my post? I sat quietly with my friends at my table through an hour and a half of them yelling in my direction about how bad the Steelers suck. If people want to talk crap to me all night to the point where it gets annoying I am going to shut them up

Would you sit around all nite at the bar if somebody called your girlfriend ugly for 2 hours?

BTW If you watch all the games on TV they introduce the starting players. If you dont have the name of your starters drilled into your head after 16 weeks its time to remove your purple jersey and support soccer. Or something.

KYMDFAN
01-13-2009, 12:52 AM
So what you are saying is that you are easily rattled. Someone looks or yells in your direction you take it personal. Then you proceed to "put them in your place" to score points and feel better about yourself. Very mature! You get my vote of most awesome person of the year.

As for the girlfriend thing, my last girlfriend was pretty ugly so I can't get mad if they say the truth.

zsheik22
01-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Did you not read my post? I sat quietly with my friends at my table through an hour and a half of them yelling in my direction about how bad the Steelers suck. If people want to talk crap to me all night to the point where it gets annoying I am going to shut them up

Would you sit around all nite at the bar if somebody called your girlfriend ugly for 2 hours?

BTW If you watch all the games on TV they introduce the starting players. If you dont have the name of your starters drilled into your head after 16 weeks its time to remove your purple jersey and support soccer. Or something.

HORRIBLE analogy. You put people trashing your g/f close to them trashing the steelers?!?!?! Try if someone was murdering your whole family for 2 hours!!!

KYMDFAN
01-13-2009, 12:59 AM

There is really no way to test this out on you because you are sitting at your computer. I could ask you who the starting RG on your team is and you can look it up and feel like you accomplished something. You could do the same to me and I have the same luxury. I have to take your word that you are all-knowing.

Also how do you know they watch every game. Hell I'm a Ravens fan but I am lucky to get to see two games a year. I live in Kentucky and well I get a healthy dose of Colts and Titans games. There is also the fact that most football games don't actually show the introduction, I know this because well I work in the broadcasting business. You barely get introductions on CBS, they like to get as much talk in as possible.

zsheik22
01-13-2009, 01:00 AM
So what you are saying is that you are easily rattled. Someone looks or yells in your direction you take it personal. Then you proceed to "put them in your place" to score points and feel better about yourself. Very mature! You get my vote of most awesome person of the year.

As for the girlfriend thing, my last girlfriend was pretty ugly so I can't get mad if they say the truth.

Rattled? He called them over to his table and owned them in privacy. He wins for not acting like a damn chimpanzee and screaming across the bar.

BleedBlacknGold0
01-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Yes I was rattled. Rattled bad.

BleedBlacknGold0
01-13-2009, 01:04 AM
There is also the fact that most football games don't actually show the introduction, I know this because well I work in the broadcasting business. You barely get introductions on CBS, they like to get as much talk in as possible.

WOW you must work for PBS or the radio because most games they put this thing on your in home picture box listing the players who in fact are starting. They generally announce it on the radio as well.

LVSteelersfan
01-13-2009, 01:12 AM
I guarantee I can name every single starter on O and D on the Steelers. I get a little lost on the Special teams but know some of them. I do know the major backup players' names as well. I will never say I know the whole roster and the practice squad, but real fans should at least know who their starting center is.

KYMDFAN
01-13-2009, 01:13 AM
You mention player introductions right? That implies before they step on the field.

Or are you asking about the Graphics during the first series of the game where very few of them are in detail. Two different parts of the broadcast my friend.

BleedBlacknGold0
01-13-2009, 01:17 AM
You mention player introductions right? That implies before they step on the field.

Or are you asking about the Graphics during the first series of the game where very few of them are in detail. Two different parts of the broadcast my friend.

I meant the player introductions on the TV. I know now youre trying to find a technicality in how I worded my post. Which you did. Whatever broadcasting you do I'm sure youre an expert anyhow. Kudos. And thank you for keeping me up 15 minutes too late tonite.

SteelersinCA
01-13-2009, 01:21 AM
HAHA, that's classic, nicely done. Very nice.

KYMDFAN
01-13-2009, 01:21 AM
I meant the player introductions on the TV. I know now youre trying to find a technicality in how I worded my post. Which you did. Whatever broadcasting you do I'm sure youre an expert anyhow. Kudos. And thank you for keeping me up 15 minutes too late tonite.

I have a cold so i'm stuck staying on and trolling many message boards. Kicked my World of Warcraft habit a little too early I think.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-13-2009, 01:29 AM

And you are flexing your e-peen trying to sound you like you are very mature and would never call out an opposing teams fan after they talked shit to you... That is part of the fun in being a fan in trash talking with your rivals.

KYMDFAN
01-13-2009, 01:35 AM
And you are flexing your e-peen trying to sound you like you are very mature and would never call out an opposing teams fan after they talked shit to you... That is part of the fun in being a fan in trash talking with your rivals.

He did his best to make a fool of others to get a reaction from his friends and obviously you guys. That is why he went to all the trouble to post about it. I just find it hilarious that people still have a fifth grade mentality.

I have more fun just talking with people about game, could care less about the trash talking part. I'm not very good at that anyways.

steelman456
01-13-2009, 01:59 AM
dude you kept your kool and outwitted them . it's a smart way to say " kiss ma azz . now go away " cheers:drink: don't worry about these fools. it was funny . steeler fanz for life . if i was there i would have bought you a drink steeleres rule . Did you not read my post? I sat quietly with my friends at my table through an hour and a half of them yelling in my direction about how bad the Steelers suck. If people want to talk crap to me all night to the point where it gets annoying I am going to shut them up

MDSteel15
01-13-2009, 02:41 AM
Man I live in Maryland and I am surrounded by Gayvens fans everywhere!!!! And it always seems to me like they are always running their yap until after the game is lost and then all you hear is whimpering as they curl up in the corner of the bar crying in their beer.... Most Baltimoron fans can't name any players unless it is whom the announcers where just talking about!

Steelers Since '75
01-13-2009, 07:30 AM
I thought all true fans could name their starters on O and D... that would actually be pretty easy... yes I know all the lineman and most of the backups... my wife knows most of the Steelers starters. Personally I think the way you dissed them was very professional. :applaudit:

Kaeg
01-13-2009, 07:46 AM
I can name most, anyway. I'll admit I won't know everyone on the roster, but I don't see why "hardcore" fans can't name their center.
...exit Charger trolls.....enter Ravens trolls

truesteelerfan
01-13-2009, 09:07 AM
I think most "hardcore" steelers fans can not only name all the starters this year, but most likely for each of at least the past 5 or so years....Shoot some of us can name most of the starters from 70's....As true fans, the knowledge of our team is something we take pride in....Obviously something that Baltimore fans don't really understand......How could they, they have no history to be proud of.

jev7452
01-13-2009, 09:23 AM

:rofl:hahah youre right on point with that one!!! being a 21 yr old petite woman, men always underestimate me when it comes to football (especially the steelers) but i always shut them all up!:tt02:

Hines4ever
01-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I feel your pain my friend.....I too live in South Central Pa....7 miles from the Maryland line.....can't go ANYWHERE without seeing a Raven fan.....I was actually "booed" at the supermarket on Sunday.....I stood out because it was right before the game and I was decked out in my steeler gear.....so I say..."Seriously, you are going to BOO me in a supermarket???" Then in the most condescending tone I could conjure up, I said: "oh, right.....I get it.....you MUST be a Raven's fan." Needless to say....he had no reply!!!!
:tt02:

WindyCitySteelerFan
01-13-2009, 09:54 AM
How dare any Ravens fan talk about ANY team being "lucky", while they were perpetually STEAMROLLED by the Titans...

I think these troll Ravens fans need to step back and take one serious look again at some of the games they "won"

revefsreleets
01-13-2009, 12:40 PM
5 guys and not one knowing who the center is pretty much indefensible. I find it hilarious that there is actually a Rat fan trying to spin this...it's utter garbage, just as about 95% of the rat fanbase is...

Dino 6 Rings
01-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Every Steeler fan even knows the name of our back up long snapper. LOL

BleedBlacknGold0
01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
I feel your pain my friend.....I too live in South Central Pa....7 miles from the Maryland line.....can't go ANYWHERE without seeing a Raven fan.....I was actually "booed" at the supermarket on Sunday.....I stood out because it was right before the game and I was decked out in my steeler gear.....so I say..."Seriously, you are going to BOO me in a supermarket???" Then in the most condescending tone I could conjure up, I said: "oh, right.....I get it.....you MUST be a Raven's fan." Needless to say....he had no reply!!!!

I grew up right around Glen Rock. Saw thats where you're from. Ever go to Bill Batemans in Hanover when theres a Ravens game on??

Its the worst.

aries4972
01-13-2009, 02:30 PM

...a true fan will at LEAST Know who the starters are on their team. My daughter 14yr old girl who is about as casual a fan as you can be (shel ikes Troy cause "he's sooo cute"). she at least knows the 11 starters on offense and defense... sounds to me a few of the Raven manics were band wagon jumpers.... :coffee:..... i wonder were the price tags still hanging of those brand new Lewis / Reed jerseys

fansince'76
01-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Yep...

That would be an easy question here.

Mahan!

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

Stover4Prez
01-13-2009, 07:18 PM

Really? And you think a guy walking into a supermarket in an Ed Reed jersey and a Ravens coat in Pittsburgh wouldn't get some sort of reaction from people there? Come on. The dude didn't hit you, or key your car. I guess you were insecure or couldn't take a little ribbing? That's what sports are all about.

Sharkissle29
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM

you are trying to win an argument u already lost...

Preacher
01-13-2009, 08:38 PM
:buttkick:

:chuckle:

Thank you thank you.

I will be here all week!! :wink02:

Steel Warrior
01-13-2009, 09:19 PM
There is really no way to test this out on you because you are sitting at your computer. I could ask you who the starting RG on your team is and you can look it up and feel like you accomplished something. You could do the same to me and I have the same luxury. I have to take your word that you are all-knowing.

Also how do you know they watch every game. Hell I'm a Ravens fan but I am lucky to get to see two games a year. I live in Kentucky and well I get a healthy dose of Colts and Titans games. There is also the fact that most football games don't actually show the introduction, I know this because well I work in the broadcasting business. You barely get introductions on CBS, they like to get as much talk in as possible.

Sounds like you're a lame bandwagon Rats fan just like the ones he met. "I am lucky to get to see two games a year." Give me a break, get your fat ass motivated and maybe go to a, excuse me, SPORTS BAR! I haven't missed a Steelers game since the 70's and lived in MD, MS, and NY all those years after leaving PA and found ways to see the games. "......two games a year...", that's laughable and shows what a REALLY BIG FAN you are! It's good he punked dudes just like you.

stlrtruck
01-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Really? And you think a guy walking into a supermarket in an Ed Reed jersey and a Ravens coat in Pittsburgh wouldn't get some sort of reaction from people there? Come on. The dude didn't hit you, or key your car. I guess you were insecure or couldn't take a little ribbing? That's what sports are all about.

I really don't think there is a ratbirds fan in Pittsburgh, unless they are there for the game. And from what I've seen, the person in the super market would probably get some evil eyes but many wouldn't even say a word to them. I've also seen plenty of ratbirds fans jump the gun on a little ribbing. Matter of fact, remember one year in Baltimore had some jackass throw a road cone at me - yeah that's what sports are all about.

Stay classy baltimore - you and your fans! :thumbsup:

BleedBlacknGold0
01-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Sounds like you're a lame bandwagon Rats fan just like the ones he met. "I am lucky to get to see two games a year." Give me a break, get your fat ass motivated and maybe go to a, excuse me, SPORTS BAR! I haven't missed a Steelers game since the 70's and lived in MD, MS, and NY all those years after leaving PA and found ways to see the games. "......two games a year...", that's laughable and shows what a REALLY BIG FAN you are! It's good he punked dudes just like you.

thats what im saying. I havent missed a game in 10 years and im only 23. whether I found it on the tv, the radio, or a bar Ive always found a way to keep up with the games. Im actually upset since I leave in August for the Army basic training I wont see many games. Thinking about having somebody mail me each weeks results lol.

GBMelBlount
01-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Preacher and I ran into a Ravens fan in the Bettis Grille restroom last year. He was sh*tfaced and pretty much peed himself but seemed like a pretty nice guy. We weren't sure how knowledgeable he was because we really couldn't understand anything he said except for an occasional "mommy!!!!!". :chuckle: