PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

rexpress
12-24-2005, 08:43 AM
I haven't been able to find out if the Steelers are in control of their destiny, but heard that if they win both games, they are in. Any truth to that?

Signed, Somewhat disconnected here in Boise!

Dook
12-24-2005, 08:46 AM
I believe that we need to end up with a better record than Kansas City.

San Diego we can tie because we have the head to head.

And, believe it or not, we want the Jags to win out because they have the head to head win over us.

rexpress
12-24-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks. Didn't know that about the Jag's. Kinda weird, you almost have to root for the Chargers today.

Prosdo
12-24-2005, 09:29 AM
As Dook said we need the Jaguars to win out or lose out. We do not want them to split. Right now San Diego is tied with us but we own the head to head. It would help us a little if the Chiefs would win today vs San Diego. That would make those two teams 9-6. If we win we move to 10-5. Now if that were to happen we could afford to have the Jaguars lose one as long as we win our game against Detroit. The Jaguars and us would be tied. They own the head to head which means they take the 1st wildcard spot and we take the second. But by no means can we get into a three way tie because we lose.

Rotorhead
12-24-2005, 09:53 AM
The only way we dont get in, if we win out, is if there is a 3way tie with SD, Jax and us. then somehow it will be SD and Jax. So we just need to win out and hope there is not a 3way tie.

rexpress
12-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks All-Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Prosdo
12-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks All-Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thanks. Same to you :smile:

Stlrs4Life
12-24-2005, 10:43 AM
The only way we dont get in, if we win out, is if there is a 3way tie with SD, Jax and us. then somehow it will be SD and Jax. So we just need to win out and hope there is not a 3way tie.

You are corrct. SD would get us over our Conference record.

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-24-2005, 10:49 AM
I believe that we need to end up with a better record than Kansas City.

San Diego we can tie because we have the head to head.

And, believe it or not, we want the Jags to win out because they have the head to head win over us.What would happen if the Jags lose both of their final 2. Don't laugh it could happen.:coffee: :crutches:

Dook
12-24-2005, 10:54 AM
If the Jags lose out?

If the Jags lose out and we win out then we are the #5 seed. But I think we go into New England then, #6 goes to Cincy.

Here's to wishing we are #6 seed!

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Nah! I want the Patsy's. To prove once and for all that They are NOT are Daddies.

clevestinks
12-24-2005, 11:36 AM
I just want in, then I don`t care who we beat first!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2005, 11:55 AM
The jags on paper atleast should win the last 2 games... but they've been known to choke so we gotta pull for them in the worst way to duplicate their performance next week what they do this week.

Rotorhead
12-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Ok latest playoff picture . . . We are officially in control of our destiny. If we win we will play Cincy in the first round, if we lost and KC wins they will play Cincy in the first round. If both KC and us lose we will play Cincy in the first round. So there is a pretty good chance that we are playing Cincy in the first round. I certainly hope we play them like we played the Clowns today, cause that game was total and complete domination!

Eztarget
12-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Actually we NOW are in total control of our own destiny because KC beat SD today which means we have a one game lead on all them. The Jags clinched the #5 seed today over us by beating Houston.

Sharkissle29
12-24-2005, 05:39 PM
we 100%, officially control our own destiny

Suitanim
12-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Hmmm...don't mean to be the guy who says "I told you so", but, guess what?

I told you so...

JerseySTEEL
12-24-2005, 06:19 PM
So its a lock we will be facing The bengals in the playoffs! with them on the decline and us on a roll i cant wait ;).

Koopa
12-24-2005, 06:33 PM
well nothing is a lock, but since we are playing the lions i guess you can pretty much chalk up a W. and i rather have the bengals in the first round, the pats are scary as hell in the playoffs so f' them and bring on the unexperinced bengals

Rotorhead
12-24-2005, 08:35 PM
It isnt a lock yet, if KC wins and we lose, they are in, we are out . . . funny thing is, they play the Bungles next weekend haha, dont want to root for either of them!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2005, 08:50 PM
we 100%, officially control our own destiny

Right on, Win and we're in !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koopa
12-26-2005, 12:57 AM
damn earlier on fox i heard them say the pats still have a chance of moving up in the seedings, **** i do not want to face these b@stards in the first round. so go bengals go!! lock up that third seed you b@stards, but let larry johnson score twice lol