PDA

View Full Version : Athletes Clashing With Media - Help!

ShutDown24
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm coming to SF for school help!

Haha well here's the thing; I am taking a class called "Sport and Society". For today's assignment I was prompted to write a synopsis of an event where and athlete clashed with the media. My instructor used the Allen Iverson "Practice?" incident as an example... So I guess the "clash" doesn't necessarily need to be all that heated, more of an outburst by an athlete towards or in front of the media.

Anyway the problem is... I can't think of any! :doh: I can recall plenty of instances with coaches or managers going off the hook (Jim Mora Sr., Mike Gundy, all those minor league managers, etc...), but I can't for the life of me get a hold of my memory enough to remember another case of an athlete doing this.

So please Steelers Fever, come to the rescue and give me a few ideas or jog my memory? Thanks guys!

P.S. I've tried researching this today with no luck.

Hammer67
01-13-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm coming to SF for school help!

Haha well here's the thing; I am taking a class called "Sport and Society". For today's assignment I was prompted to write a synopsis of an event where and athlete clashed with the media. My instructor used the Allen Iverson "Practice?" incident as an example... So I guess the "clash" doesn't necessarily need to be all that heated, more of an outburst by an athlete towards or in front of the media.

Anyway the problem is... I can't think of any! :doh: I can recall plenty of instances with coaches or managers going off the hook (Jim Mora Sr., Mike Gundy, all those minor league managers, etc...), but I can't for the life of me get a hold of my memory enough to remember another case of an athlete doing this.

So please Steelers Fever, come to the rescue and give me a few ideas or jog my memory? Thanks guys!

P.S. I've tried researching this today with no luck.

Man...look up Ryan Leaf on youtube. That's a whole thesis for your class right there.

ShutDown24
01-13-2009, 03:11 PM
That's a very good idea. I had completely forgotten about Leaf. That man was a walking "clash" waiting to happen.

I'll try and find a specific instance from him. Thanks lol.

tony hipchest
01-13-2009, 03:14 PM
randy johnson when he joined the yankees.

ShutDown24
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
randy johnson when he joined the yankees.

How could I forget that???

I loved the "Welcome to New York" at the end haha.

Thanks Tony, between those two I have something to work with now. I don't know how in the world I couldn't think of these examples. Well, Leaf was a while back now but still.

stlrtruck
01-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Anything Terrell Owens in his final days in Philly or his break down with Tony Romo and the media "Man that's my quarterback..."

MACH1
01-13-2009, 04:02 PM
John Mcenroe.
Should find plenty from him.