PDA

View Full Version : Porter is Da Man !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2005, 03:09 PM
3 sacks and a FF today so far and we're still in the 3rd quarter !!!

He's been my man since he got here all they way back from when he and Gildon were playing together.. Big players make Big plays in Big Games !!!!!!!! :tt: :tt:

There is no doubt this guy is a leader and huge part of our Defense! Sacks, pressures, shut down running game, all over the backfield !!

Dook
12-24-2005, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Porter really had a good game, but who didn't?

And this wouldn't be a big game at all except so many teams are good this year so we are up against the wall.

clevestinks
12-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Blitz you couldn`t bwe more right! DA Man is Mr.Porter!

Sharkissle29
12-24-2005, 05:36 PM
could anyone now question whether or not he's pro bowl material?

Koopa
12-24-2005, 06:10 PM
yeah cause one game shouldn't justify a pro bowl bid. i like porter a lot and i'm glad he came to play today but i still think haggans had a better year then him and maybe he should've went instead of porter, porter made it casue of his name not the season he had which is wrong. anyway great game porter and hope you do this next week and in the playoffs

Dook
12-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Any doubt he's a pro bowler?

Pro Bowl players are supposed to be the best in their conference at that position. Certainly one good game is not enough, especially when that one good game is against the Browns.

Check his stats, he's not even in the top 50 LB's this year. Somewhere down around 75th.

And all for only $4m.

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2005, 07:11 PM
3 Sacks the man had an amazing game. Can't wait to see what these guys got coming next week.

clevestinks
12-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Harrison is also the man for knocking that fan on his @$$

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah he is that was the dumbest move I have seen a Clowns Fan Make.

Prosdo
12-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Joey had a great game. Props to him for stepping it up another level.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Let's remember here people, porter has what 11 sacks now for the year, and has done alot more this year than he has been asked to do in previous years. Steeler LB's dont usually get 18 sacks a year like the top notch DL do on other teams.. because there are 4 of them and they share the wealth. Haggans has had a great year so has farrior and foote.. The whole damn defense is just stellar as a unit and when they play the way they have been lately they're spectactular.

IMO, it doesnt matter what anybody says, this defense wouldnt be as good without Porter in the lineup. Harrison is coming along and turning into a super LB for us and if Joey leaves at some point, Harrison will be ready to step in..but Joey has the experience and is the emotional leader and thats pretty damn important!

SteelR1
12-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Porter continues to prove he is a solid player!!!! Just when you think he's a little dried up, he has a game like today,, GOOD JOB PORTER!!!!!!

Koopa
12-24-2005, 10:19 PM
i don't want porter to leave, i like his personality for this team.

Prosdo
12-24-2005, 10:27 PM
i don't want porter to leave, i like his personality for this team.

Same here. Joey pumps the team up before the game. He's very high energy and physical.

BB2W
12-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Joey Porter is playing great... it's great to see him playing at the level he is capable of. It seemed like after the "shooting" his play dropped off, but he is obviously back. He is showing the same intensity and swagger he always had too.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2005, 12:37 AM
And to go along w/ it the Steelers Defensive swagger is back too.

Sharkissle29
12-25-2005, 02:05 PM
yeah cause one game shouldn't justify a pro bowl bid. i like porter a lot and i'm glad he came to play today but i still think haggans had a better year then him and maybe he should've went instead of porter, porter made it casue of his name not the season he had which is wrong. anyway great game porter and hope you do this next week and in the playoffs
yes....but doesnt he lead the league in sacks as a linebacker? its not just one game...

rowedf
12-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Porter had a great game. My knock on Porter is that he is NOT that good when going against a tackle. If you notice his big plays today they were on TE's or RB's......he's amazing when going against them, but if you put him on a decent tackle, he's silent.

What I LOVE about how he's been playing for the last couple weeks is it's giving him confidence. He is, hands down, our team leader.....give him some confidence and he explodes, I'm really excited if he can keep this up in Detroit and then into the playoffs. Our whole team is peaking at the right time. Although we went 15-1 last year going into the playoffs, I almost feel a little more comfortable seeing us fight through adversity (in those 3 straight losses) and now peaking going into the playoffs (hopefully) :)

Livinginthe past
12-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Porter does seem to be an emotional leader - I remember in the playoff game last year how he was strutting around on the sideline trying to get his teammates pumped up, even though Pittsburgh was being soundly beaten.

Thats what you need - no point in cheerleading when you are 20 points ahead.......

NM

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Same here. Joey pumps the team up before the game. He's very high energy and physical.
Heck he pumps me up too! When Joey is ready! I`m ready! LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 12:26 PM
I love it when you see him before a game, especially a divisional game.. jawing at ray ray, or william greene, or chad johnson.. The just just fires you up and takes shiat from nobody !

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 02:03 PM
porter should be defensive player of the week. although the db from Buffalo had an int. and KO returns for tds! One is considerd special teams, unless its Fantasy Football

24seven
12-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Porter did great.. but I still can't believe Heinz didn't make the pro bowl.. that is rediculous.. See the way he fought for those 1st downs and the touchdown last weekend against minnesota.. He just never gives up.. He's hands down the best receiver in the league.. No one can tell me different..

Koopa
12-28-2005, 07:37 PM
yeah hines got screwed there, but he can flick everyone off when he's holding a superbowl mvp trophy and driving in his cadillac that they get when the win the superbowl mvp award