PDA

View Full Version : Insights to Ravens Game

Preacher
01-14-2009, 02:03 AM
So I just turned to NFLchannel. They are showing the Ravens vs. Titans. I am going to re-watch it and make some observations specific to our matchups.

The lines may seem a little hectic, I am edited all the posts as I go, so I don't post-wh0re.

Preacher
01-14-2009, 02:12 AM
BTW, that hit by Ray Lewis that everyone was raving about?

the first part of Ray's body to touch the Titan? Ray's head... on the recievers head.

Helmet to Helmet hit and nothing said at all about it.

Preacher
01-14-2009, 02:13 AM
As usual, you still can't run up the middle on the Ravens, much like us Steelers. That is expected. But I am waiting to see about bouncing to the outside later in the game.

Just saw a big run up the middle... but it was a cutback with a sealing block. The Ravens are discipined and stay in their positions on D. but they seem just too tired to pursue of we can get a lane.

People in space kills the Ravens right now. Some dump passes to MeMo will be deadly.

Wow. This is about the fourth or fifth time I have said this.. and then keep putting back into the original comment... but space REALLY kils the Ravens right now. They just aren't fast enough to catch up right now.

Fourth quater... outside runs kill them again! Ben should be able to pick them apart in the zone if our line can hold the D off for a few seconds.

Another cut back goes big. The Ravens just can't pursue in the fourth quarter. We HAVE to take advantage of that.

Preacher
01-14-2009, 02:15 AM
WOW.

First TD of for the Titans. 3 wide with a single back. When the Ravens D are in a pass D, bouncing outside put the ball right in the endzone. I think tht will be a weak point.

Titans driving for another one.... The INT came on a blitz where collins tried to beat them deep. Dump offs and Heath miller 14 yard passes to beat the blitz will take care of it.

Drive for a TD just before halftime... great run by Lendale White... but the ball was out from his body and he fumbled. If the Titans take care of the ball, the score is 21 to 7 right now.

We take care of the ball, it should be the same thing.

Great pass to Crumpler... should be 1 and Goal... Fumble. The score should be 28-10. Again, if we can protect the ball, we should be able to put away the Ravens.

Preacher
01-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Get to Flacco and he will get rattled. So far, every time the Titans have put pressure on him, he has has problems.

Any delay, draw, etc. that develops quickly will give space in the second half... again. TIRED>

We gotta stay disciplined in our Defense when pursuing the rush.

Steelcitygal87
01-14-2009, 06:56 AM
BTW, that hit by Ray Lewis that everyone was raving about?

the first part of Ray's body to touch the Titan? Ray's head... on the recievers head.

Helmet to Helmet hit and nothing said at all about it.

I noticed that as well! I was wondering why he didn't receive a 15 yard penalty for leading with his head?? It was definitely helmet to helmet, and neither one of the commentators mentioned anything about it..

GBMelBlount
01-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Get to Flacco and he will get rattled. So far, every time the Titans have put pressure on him, he has has problems.

Any delay, draw, etc. that develops quickly will give space in the second half... again. TIRED>

It could really come down to the quarterbacks. If Ben plays smart and we can pressure Flacco into making mistakes it should certainly be to our advantage.

Steelcitygal87
01-14-2009, 07:07 AM
"Drive for a TD just before halftime... great run by Lendale White... but the ball was out from his body and he fumbled. If the Titans take care of the ball, the score is 21 to 7 right now.

We take care of the ball, it should be the same thing.

Great pass to Crumpler... should be 1 and Goal... Fumble. The score should be 28-10. Again, if we can protect the ball, we should be able to put away the Ravens."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to do a good job at protecting the ball. That fumble by Crumpler was a result of a GREAT hit, which the RATS excel at. They are very good tacklers and hit with a LOT of intensity.

CaliStillersFan
01-14-2009, 07:24 AM
So load up our RB/WR's with stick'em and Harrison and Woodley with Vaseline and we should be good to go ;)

markymarc
01-14-2009, 08:32 AM
And this is exactly why I think running the hurry up offense more on Sunday could help us and tire out the Rats defense even more. I totally agree about the dump offs to Moore and company and quick passes to Heath would work very well. If our OL can play very well for another week, I think FWP could have a pretty good game. Not expecting big numbers from FWP, but if he can get at least 50-60 yards that can only help us.

Steelers
01-14-2009, 11:41 AM
And this is exactly why I think running the hurry up offense more on Sunday could help us and tire out the Rats defense even more.

Cool idea! I didn't even think of that. Arians, are you listening...?

Dino 6 Rings
01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks Preacher for the over view. I watched our 2 games against them earlier in the year over again, but didn't think to scout them again with the titans replay.

All I hear is they are tired and slow on defense. We need to just get up, by 11 early and take the air out of the ball.

if we can be up 21-10 at halftime, this one could be over. Especially if we can get the ball early in the 3rd and add to the lead. Make it a 2 score game, keep them at arms length and force them to throw the ball and count on the Rookie to win it.

Much like the Pats did to us in 04. They forced Ben to make plays and as a rookie, he made a couple key mistakes.

Preacher
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks Preacher for the over view. I watched our 2 games against them earlier in the year over again, but didn't think to scout them again with the titans replay.

All I hear is they are tired and slow on defense. We need to just get up, by 11 early and take the air out of the ball.

if we can be up 21-10 at halftime, this one could be over. Especially if we can get the ball early in the 3rd and add to the lead. Make it a 2 score game, keep them at arms length and force them to throw the ball and count on the Rookie to win it.

Much like the Pats did to us in 04. They forced Ben to make plays and as a rookie, he made a couple key mistakes.

Exactly.

Remember, we barely won our game over the Jets. They outplayed us, but we were able to hold on for the win.

the EXACT same thing seems to be true for the Ravens this year.

Dino 6 Rings
01-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Exactly.

Remember, we barely won our game over the Jets. They outplayed us, but we were able to hold on for the win.

the EXACT same thing seems to be true for the Ravens this year.

Yep, Jets kicker missed an "easy" FG late in the game and we had to sneak by them. Pats came in and took away our running game (pretty sure Bettis fumbled on a 4th down and 1 carry in that same game) and then forced our QB to make plays. He couldn't do it, and was baited into one really really bad INT Pick 6 and that was all they Pats needed. They won by 17.

We can do the exact same to the Ravens, shut down their run early, get TDs and not FGs early in the game, have a lead at the half and then force them into an uncomfortable situation where they need their Rookie to make great reads and great passes. I say, he can't get it done.

Preacher
01-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Yep, Jets kicker missed an "easy" FG late in the game and we had to sneak by them. Pats came in and took away our running game (pretty sure Bettis fumbled on a 4th down and 1 carry in that same game) and then forced our QB to make plays. He couldn't do it, and was baited into one really really bad INT Pick 6 and that was all they Pats needed. They won by 17.

We can do the exact same to the Ravens, shut down their run early, get TDs and not FGs early in the game, have a lead at the half and then force them into an uncomfortable situation where they need their Rookie to make great reads and great passes. I say, he can't get it done.

Not in that situation, not this year.

But I WILL say this. Flacco is the real deal and we will be dealing with them for years to come. Kinda strange that the AFCN may have 4 of the top 15 QB's in the league in the coming decade.

Stover4Prez
01-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Preacher, does that signature of Dr Phil have him wearing a PATRIOTS lapel pin? I didn't think that would slip by such a devout fan! You might want to get that photo shopped!

Steelerssuperbowlsbound
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
:helmet:Get to Flacco and he will get rattled. So far, every time the Titans have put pressure on him, he has has problems.

We're Pittsburgh or better know as Blitzburgh. Flacco won't stand a chance againest Harrison and Woodly :tt::tt::tt02:

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2009, 08:43 PM
So load up our RB/WR's with stick'em and Harrison and Woodley with Vaseline and we should be good to go ;)REVERSE THE ORDER YOU SAID THAT IN, AND IT JUST SOUNDS DISTURBING....:laughing:

CaliStillersFan
01-14-2009, 10:59 PM
LOL you have a sick mind, I meant so we hold onto the ball, and the Vaseline so they can't get held on every play.:rofl: