PDA

View Full Version : up and coming steelers

steelerfan821
01-14-2009, 07:50 AM
This years draft class has been injury plagued. i think guys like ryan mundy at safety will be great next year. Clark is gettin older but still playin well. Anthony Smith is a bust. Humpal if he gets bigger can move to d-line and spell with arron smith to put some pressure on qbs. mendenhall will also come back strong..

what evry 1 else think?

BehindSteelCurtain
01-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Your stating statements not facts. I could say that when Ben is healthy next year he'll throw for 5000 yards.

steelerfan821
01-14-2009, 08:28 AM
i wasnt saying they were facts. im juss making a guess.

slippy
01-14-2009, 09:19 AM
sweed looks like a complete bust so far.

i'm also concerned that mendenhall is not hanging out at heinz field at all; at least show up once in awhile while you rehab!

GodofGridiron
01-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Anthony Smith might have attitude issues but hes not a bust. He's one of the leagues most vicious hitters......he just seems to get caught up in his own act.

Hammer67
01-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I think Anthony Smith can be developed, but that is a coaching issue

Mendenhall has promise but seems to have a big head

Sweed is a first year receiver with the dropsees...we'll see next year.

I think maybe Stapleton could be the best up and comer...especially with the way he has played coming in for Simmons.

tony hipchest
01-14-2009, 10:33 AM
spaeth
colon (at guard)
mcfadden
gay
stapelton
timmons
sepulveda
mendenhall
sweed (give him time)
and yes, smith (who the cowboys or chargers would love)

madison and fox- the special teamin demons.

weve got tons of young talent that is just buried by better talent

steelreserve
01-14-2009, 11:11 AM
This years draft class has been injury plagued. i think guys like ryan mundy at safety will be great next year. Clark is gettin older but still playin well. Anthony Smith is a bust. Humpal if he gets bigger can move to d-line and spell with arron smith to put some pressure on qbs. mendenhall will also come back strong..

what evry 1 else think?

I think they all need a lot of steroids.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-14-2009, 11:57 AM
I think they all need a lot of steroids.
:rofl:
yeah, like Humpal or Davis bulking up to play DE....good one.

Dr. Steel
01-14-2009, 12:21 PM
sweed looks like a complete bust so far.

i'm also concerned that mendenhall is not hanging out at heinz field at all; at least show up once in awhile while you rehab!

I saw Mendenhall next to Parker during the Chargers game.

The Duke
01-14-2009, 01:13 PM
I have a feeling Gay will start next season. That would be amazing for a 3rd year 5th round pick CB, but he can do it

Most doubts about the 2007 draft class were cleared this season. Same will happen with the 2008 class. Only real worry I have is davis....

Hammer67
01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I saw Mendenhall next to Parker during the Chargers game.

I think he was referring to an Ed Bouchette chat where he mentioned that Mendenhall was scarce around the locker room while other players on IR, like Smith and Batch are always there watching film or hanging out with the team. Some of the players are bitching that they don't remember Mendenhall...

xlchamps
01-14-2009, 01:22 PM
What bout timmon more as a db??