PDA

View Full Version : LeSean McCoy declares for NFL draft

ShutDown24
01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
No link yet but it was just reported on Sportscenter.

Dino 6 Rings
01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Here's the Link:
http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09014/941664-142.stm

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2009, 02:08 PM
MCcoy should wait till next year ,and have a shot at being the first rb taken.....he'll be a mid 2nd at best. IMO

BehindSteelCurtain
01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
MCcoy should wait till next year ,and have a shot at being the first rb taken.....he'll be a mid 2nd at best. IMO

He'll go late 1st, early 2nd.

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2009, 09:19 PM
He'll go late 1st, early 2nd.who do you see at the end of the 1st that ,would want a back in the 1st? McCoy will probably be the 4th back taken,behind merino.wells,greene... and don't forget #2 rb free agents like derrick ward. sproles, ricky williams may be available. the only teams i see that might take a back in the 1st 2 rds are.......

1. Detroit (0-16)............maybe 2nd, but doubtful
2. St. Louis (2-14)........... no
3. Kansas City (2-14)......doubtful
4. Seattle (4-12)...............doubtful
5. Cleveland (4-12)...........maybe 2nd
6. Cincinnati (4-11-1)........maybe 2nd
7. Oakland (5-11).............no
8. Jacksonville (5-11).......no
9. Green Bay (6-10)..........doubtful
10. San Francisco (7-9).....no
11. Buffalo (7-9)..................no
12. Denver (8-8).....................maybe 2nd
13. Washington (8-8)...........doubtful
14. New Orleans (8-8).........no
15. Houston (8-8)..................no
16. San Diego (8-8)................maybe if they loose sproles
17. New York Jets (9-7)...........maybe 1st or 2nd
18. Chicago (9-7).......................no
19. Tampa Bay (9-7)..................doubtful, but possable
20. Detroit - from Dallas (9-7)
21. Arizona (9-7)..................................maybe 1st or 2nd
22. Minnesota (10-6)..........................no
23. New England (11-5)....................doubtful
24. Atlanta (11-5)..................................no
25. Miami (11-5)..................................no
26. Baltimore (11-5)............................no
27. Indianapolis (12-4)....................................maybe 2nd
28. Philadelphia - from Carolina (12-4).........doubtful, but possable in 2nd
29. New York Giants (12-4)...........................no
30. Tennessee (13-3)...................................no
31. Philadelphia (9-6-1)
32. Pittsburgh (12-4)...................................no

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-15-2009, 09:24 AM
He'll definitely go in the first. The experts are comparing him to Westbrook. What other running backs would you put ahead of him?

Godfather
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
New Orleans might take him. Deuce McAllister is washed up, and Pierre Thomas looked good the second half of this season but I don't know if they want to go all in with him.

xlchamps
01-15-2009, 09:42 AM
You think he'll be a good fit for steelers? But what we need is o-line

lilyoder6
01-15-2009, 09:42 AM
who do you see at the end of the 1st that ,would want a back in the 1st? McCoy will probably be the 4th back taken,behind merino.wells,greene... and don't forget #2 rb free agents like derrick ward. sproles, ricky williams may be available. the only teams i see that might take a back in the 1st 2 rds are.......

1. Detroit (0-16)............maybe 2nd, but doubtful the best back they have is kevin smith!?!?!
2. St. Louis (2-14)........... no they need someone to back-up steven jackson and someone to fill in when he can't stay healthy like this past yr
3. Kansas City (2-14)......doubtful
4. Seattle (4-12)...............doubtful
5. Cleveland (4-12)...........maybe 2nd
6. Cincinnati (4-11-1)........maybe 2nd
9. Green Bay (6-10)..........doubtful maybe 2nd, b/c grant sucked horribly this yr
10. San Francisco (7-9).....no maybe 2nd.. b/c behind gore who they have? foster what a joke
12. Denver (8-8).....................maybe 2nd
13. Washington (8-8)...........doubtful
16. San Diego (8-8)................maybe if they loose sproles
17. New York Jets (9-7)...........maybe 1st or 2nd
19. Tampa Bay (9-7)..................doubtful, but possable they NEED a rb.. dunn is going to be a dinosaur, u have graham coming back from a bad injury, and then williams blew out his knee again.
20. Detroit - from Dallas (9-7)
27. Indianapolis (12-4)....................................maybe 2nd
28. Philadelphia - from Carolina (12-4).........doubtful, but possable in 2nd
31. Philadelphia (9-6-1)

i think there are more teams who need a rb than u think

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
i think there are more teams who need a rb than u thinkoh i'm sure lots of teams would like to add another running back to the roster, but will they forget they have much bigger needs and take one ? so tell me, who will take him in the 1st rd? in fact, i wouldn't be suprised to see moreno or wells, slip to the bottom of the 1st, where someone will take them because thier the BPA, not because they need him.....just like mendenhall.

Dino 6 Rings
01-15-2009, 11:48 AM
I think the fact that a guy like Slaton had such a huge impact this year after not being a 1st round pick really does hurt McCoy. He's that type of runner, not the kind of guy you are going to throw in as a rookie and he's going to dominate, not like Adrian Peterson anyway. So I think he slips. Behind guys like Wells from OSU and Moreno from Georgia. Plus the two from Mich State and Iowa could actually go ahead of McCoy.

We'll see, I'm a McCoy fan so I wish him luck.

ShutDown24
01-15-2009, 11:52 AM
He'll definitely go in the first. The experts are comparing him to Westbrook. What other running backs would you put ahead of him?

Knowshon Moreno and Chris Wells will probably go before him.

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
ok, so who' going to take him in rd 1? the only teams i see that might look in rd 1 , is arizona and ny......McCoy will not be picked before moreno,or wells, he may go before greene, but i wouldn't bet on it.

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2009, 11:56 AM
New Orleans might take him. Deuce McAllister is washed up, and Pierre Thomas looked good the second half of this season but I don't know if they want to go all in with him.the saints are hurting so bad on defense, there's noway they look at a back in the first two rds. besides i'd think they gotta be pretty happy with what they saw from thomas.

MDSteel15
01-15-2009, 12:28 PM
ok, so who' going to take him in rd 1? the only teams i see that might look in rd 1 , is arizona and ny......McCoy will not be picked before moreno,or wells, he may go before greene, but i wouldn't bet on it.

Why in the world would the Jets take him? They have the leading rusher in the AFC and they have no QB!

MDSteel15
01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
1. Detroit (0-16)............No way, Smith is going to be a stud
2. St. Louis (2-14)........... not this round
3. Kansas City (2-14)......LJ wants traded, possibly. But not McCoy
4. Seattle (4-12)...............Definate need, but too high. Maybe early 2nd
5. Cleveland (4-12)..........Same as above
6. Cincinnati (4-11-1)........why not?
9. Green Bay (6-10)..........too soon to give up on Grant
10. San Francisco (7-9).....no
12. Denver (8-8).................who knows with the new coach
13. Washington (8-8)..........NOT
16. San Diego (8-8)................maybe if they lose Sproles
17. New York Jets (9-7)...........NO WAY
19. Tampa Bay (9-7)..................doubtful, but possable
20. Detroit - from Dallas (9-7)...... read the 1st post
27. Indianapolis (12-4)..........................not
28. Philadelphia - from Carolina (12-4).........WHY? Buckhalter is almost as good as Westbrook
31. Philadelphia (9-6-1)....... again!

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Why in the world would the Jets take him? They have the leading rusher in the AFC and they have no QB!you mean soon to be 31 years old thomas jones? the jets could use a bigger change of pace back like wells or greene ...they don't have anyone over 220lbs.

MDSteel15
01-15-2009, 12:59 PM
you mean soon to be 31 years old thomas jones? the jets could use a bigger change of pace back like wells or greene ...they don't have anyone over 220lbs.

They still have 2 more years on his contract... they'll wait until next year! :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
They still have 2 more years on his contract... they'll wait until next year! :coffee:i seem to remember the steelers taking a rb a year after having the league leading,thru 15 weeks rusher...... and thier star rb wasn't 31... and they definetly had bigger needs....:noidea:

MDSteel15
01-15-2009, 01:18 PM
i seem to remember the steelers taking a rb a year after having the league leading,thru 15 weeks rusher...... and thier star rb wasn't 31... and they definetly had bigger needs....:noidea:

but not a big contract on him...

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2009, 04:40 PM
but not a big contract on him...jones is set to make 900,000 this year, and 2.8 mill, in 2010......i doubt he collects the 2.8 mill, he'll be 33 then. the jets haven't had a good franchise back since curtis martin.i'd say if anything, jones' success last year will, be making them think about getting one.... if they have moreno or wells high on thier board, and one or both falls to them, which is likely, i just think they'll pull the trigger. they really don't have any huge needs, exept maybe qb.....unless they think alot more of sanchez then i do, who's worth a first? they could use another cb, or a 3rd receiver,or look to upgrade thier lb'ers. i guess it'll come down to thier value board.

ShutDown24
01-15-2009, 10:09 PM
jones is set to make 900,000 this year, and 2.8 mill, in 2010......i doubt he collects the 2.8 mill, he'll be 33 then. the jets haven't had a good franchise back since curtis martin.i'd say if anything, jones' success last year will, be making them think about getting one.... if they have moreno or wells high on thier board, and one or both falls to them, which is likely, i just think they'll pull the trigger. they really don't have any huge needs, exept maybe qb.....unless they think alot more of sanchez then i do, who's worth a first? they could use another cb, or a 3rd receiver,or look to upgrade thier lb'ers. i guess it'll come down to thier value board.

I would spend a first on Sanchez. I like him a lot better than most though and I believe the national opinion sides more with you.

As far as McCoy... The thing for me is... No one ever appears to need a runningback going into the draft and they always get taken high - necessity or not. Look at the first round runningbacks last year.

Oakland - Darren McFadden. They already had Justin Fargas and Michael Bush on the roster.

Carolina - Jonathan Stewart. They had just spent a first rounder on DeAngello Williams a couple drafts prior.

Dallas - Felix Jones. Marion Barber anyone?

Pittsburgh - Rashard Mendenhall. We had Willie, who almost led the league in rushing. Granted, we all know we needed some depth there - but we also needed help on many other fronts.

Tennessee - Chris Johnson. LenDale White is a punk, but no one thought they would take a back in the first.

The trend continues throughout the rest of the higher level rounds.

Get my point? Backs always go high. It doesn't matter if there is a complete overabundance of quality runners in the league (Like there is now). I think McCoy goes in the first.

MasterOfPuppets
01-15-2009, 10:17 PM
free agent rb's

J.J. Arrington Arizona Cardinals
Correll Buckhalter Philadelphia Eagles
Jesse Chatman New York Jets
Heath Evans New England Patriots
Brandon Jacobs New York Giants
Rudi Johnson Detroit Lions
LaMont Jordan New England Patriots
Ryan Moats Philadelphia Eagles
Maurice Morris Seattle Seahawks
Dominic Rhodes Indianapolis Colts
Darren Sproles San Diego Chargers
Aaron Stecker New Orleans Saints
Derrick Ward New York Giants
Ricky Williams Miami Dolphins

MDSteel15
01-16-2009, 12:24 AM
J.J. Arrington Arizona Cardinals = junk
Correll Buckhalter Philadelphia Eagles = Look good in Arizona
Jesse Chatman New York Jets = blah
Heath Evans New England Patriots
Brandon Jacobs New York Giants = don't think he's leaving
Rudi Johnson Detroit Lions = done
LaMont Jordan New England Patriots = still young, re-signs???
Ryan Moats Philadelphia Eagles = Westbrooks new backup
Maurice Morris Seattle Seahawks = somebodys new backup
Dominic Rhodes Indianapolis Colts = I think he re-signs here
Darren Sproles San Diego Chargers = another re-signee
Aaron Stecker New Orleans Saints = bye bye
Derrick Ward New York Giants = getting old
Ricky Williams Miami Dolphins = Dolphins want their moneys worth