PDA

View Full Version : Mayor does the right thing....

stlrtruck
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
http://kdka.com/steelers/Mayor.Ravenstahl.Steelerstahl.2.907975.html

Mayor Changes Name To SteelerstahlPITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―
Click to enlarge
Pittsburgh's mayor has changed his last name to show his support for the black & gold!
KDKA

Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl has gone to great lengths to show his Steelers pride and his dislike for their rivals and upcoming playoff opponents, the Baltimore Ravens.

This morning, the Mayor changed his name from Ravenstahl to Steelerstahl, at least until after the AFC Championship match-up.

"I'm a huge Steeler fan myself and anything I can do to show my support is something I wanted to do," Mayor Luke "Steelerstahl" said.

The idea started with STAR 100.7 morning host, J.R., who made a call to the Mayor's Office on Tuesday.

"His name is 'raven,' that's wrong. There are all kinds of superstitions that go with football," said J.R. "I got his answering machine and left a message, said, 'How about Steelerstahl?' And he decided to change his name.'"

So Mayor "Steelerstahl" stopped by the radio station to make the public proclamation this morning.

"I got a call in the office yesterday from the radio station and they suggested a name change from Ravenstahl to Steelerstahl, of course, to get the fans going," said the Mayor. "And I couldn't pass up that opportunity.

"I will make a ceremonial name change from Luke Ravenstahl to Luke Steelerstahl," he said.

The Mayor changed the name on his office door, signed the official papers and has finished the name change proclamation at the City-County Building. He will keep his new name through Sunday.

As far as it translating when the players take the field Sunday, Mayor "Steelerstahl" says he's sure of a Steelers victory.

"Steelers 20, Ravens 13," he predicts

RoethlisBURGHer
01-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Haha that's pretty damn cool.

tony hipchest
01-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Mayor Stylez G. Ocho Cinco in da house :tt:

The Duke
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
That's got to be the coolest thing ever

Now just make him say "Can no lose any more games". Then we are guaranteed a victory :tt02:

Dynasty
01-14-2009, 03:23 PM
could we pass a law making it illegal to beat the steelers while in the city limits of pittsburgh?

SteelersMongol
01-14-2009, 08:43 PM
That's kinda cute. :wink02: :tt02:

Polamalu43
01-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Seen this on ESPN, i found it really funny! =)

Griz Steeler
01-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Should help his re-election cause....

Potsie
01-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Ironically, "stahl" is actually German for "steel".

CaliStillersFan
01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Should help his re-election cause....

Which is why he did it. How did Pittsburgher's elect a guy with a last name that starts with RAVENS anyway? He should be forced to keep the name change if he wants to run again. :laughing:

section514
01-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Shirt idea! haha

jev7452
01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
haha love that! i was at work watching ESPN with a bunch of my coworkers and when we saw that they all just turned to me and said, "WOW! you steelers fans are hardcore!" THATS RIGHT!!

TackleMeBen
01-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Mayor Stylez G. Ocho Cinco in da house :tt:
leave it up to you tony to come up with something crazy..:chuckle:

Steeldude
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
just an attempt to get votes

Preacher
01-15-2009, 04:27 PM
just an attempt to get votes

cynicism knows no bounds.

Personally, I think it is an attempt to have fun and show support for the biggest thing in Pittsburgh right now.

SteelersinCA
01-15-2009, 04:30 PM
cynicism knows no bounds.

Personally, I think it is an attempt to have fun and show support for the biggest thing in Pittsburgh right now.

It is a nice gesture, so now his name means Steelersteel, nice, I like it!!!:thumbsup: