PDA

View Full Version : Homefield Advantage

BmoreRavens
01-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I found a site that statistically broke down the "home field advantage". Thought you guys might be interested.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/09/home-field-advantage-by-quarter.html

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I think the stat was something like in the last 15 years the home field team won 50% of the time.

No big deal, but I tell you that I would rather be playing at home than on the road. Steelers havent had to travel since week 16.

Hockdizzle
01-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Baltimore won't gain any ground cuz the defense is gunna bring the Steel Curtin down!

Hammer67
01-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I think the benefits of HFA are more for the local economy, the comfort of the players and benefit of the local fans.....not so much the Win Loss record of the home team. I think college HFA is much more in effect.

The_WARDen
01-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't really get into that 'hocus pocus' stuff.

Luigi
01-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I think the stat was something like in the last 15 years the home field team won 50% of the time.

No big deal, but I tell you that I would rather be playing at home than on the road. Steelers havent had to travel since week 16.

The overall stat is 57%, but my guess is when you get to the Championship game, it probably means less than ever. Big away games rattle some teams more than others, and those are usually the teams that never sniff a playoff much less a Championship game. It might lead to a delay of game or a false start or two, but good teams just deal with it otherwise.

All of that said, I'd rather be home every week too.