PDA

View Full Version : Intro - and congrats on good season

Luigi
01-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey Stiller fans...

Congrats on a good season, or another good season. This team is always tough.

Enough props... it's Championship week! :thumbsup:

I'm a Ravens fan coming by to talk some football - respectuflly, although my sense of humor might irritate you here and there - in preparation for the game. I can't friggin wait until Sunday! Ravens have a tall order coming up for sure, but we'll see soon enough.

Shortly after you guys beat SD (I was hoping you would, BTW) I told my wife, if the Steelers beat us, no question they deserve to go to the SB. I don't buy into that "it's hard to beat a team 3 times" BS. It's meaningless. It's hard to beat any team any time, especially when it's Balto / Pitts. We've had some dog fights, and Sunday should be the same. That said, beat us 3 in a row and who could argue the better team didn't go?

Honestly, I'm usually thinking screw the dog fight, I want something a little easier, but with they way you guys are peaking right now and the way injuries are stacking up over here after 17 straight weeks, a dog fight will be welcome. Not sure my heat can handle another one like Saturday. That Tenn game was a 3 1/2 hour stress test.

Anyway, glad to be here.

stlrtruck
01-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey Stiller fans...

Congrats on a good season, or another good season. This team is always tough.

Enough props... it's Championship week! :thumbsup:

I'm a Ravens fan coming by to talk some football - respectuflly, although my sense of humor might irritate you here and there - in preparation for the game. I can't friggin wait until Sunday! Ravens have a tall order coming up for sure, but we'll see soon enough.

Shortly after you guys beat SD (I was hoping you would, BTW) I told my wife, if the Steelers beat us, no question they deserve to go to the SB. I don't buy into that "it's hard to beat a team 3 times" BS. It's meaningless. It's hard to beat any team any time, especially when it's Balto / Pitts. We've had some dog fights, and Sunday should be the same. That said, beat us 3 in a row and who could argue the better team didn't go?

Honestly, I'm usually thinking screw the dog fight, I want something a little easier, but with they way you guys are peaking right now and the way injuries are stacking up over here after 17 straight weeks, a dog fight will be welcome. Not sure my heat can handle another one like Saturday. That Tenn game was a 3 1/2 hour stress test.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Welcome aboard, it seems your first post is an ok one. Hope you can stick around and talk the game without spewing forth :troll: sentiments like some of your other fans.

I agree, the beating a team the third time is BS. It's been done before and it can be done again. But as it's been stated, the Steelers don't have to beat them three times, they just have to beat them once. And to add to that the ratbirds don't have to make up for the two losses, they just need to win one (and I'm sure that one would make up for the two earlier).

I've heard that Ed Reed is out Sunday. Any truth to that?

Luigi
01-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Welcome aboard, it seems your first post is an ok one. Hope you can stick around and talk the game without spewing forth sentiments like some of your other fans.

LOL. Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

Nah... Reed will be there. He's banged up, but almost everyone is. Suggs is another story. So is Rolle. Both of them are up in the air.

Steel4eva
01-14-2009, 03:26 PM
GO STEELERS

Polamalu Princess
01-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Welcome - this is a great place!

PisnNapalm
01-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Don't let "Heinz" Ward run your ass over next week. Ed Reed knows all about it.

Moonlite37
01-14-2009, 06:41 PM
All hail to you Steeler Fan!:tt02:

SteelersMongol
01-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Welcome & enjoy.

Galax Steeler
01-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Welcome to the board.

HometownGal
01-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Hiya Luigi and welcome to Steelers Fever! :wave:

Here's to a slugfest on Sunday and an injury-free game (though there really aren't that many Rats who don't have injuries!) :wink02::drink: