PDA

View Full Version : Ward

Luigi
01-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I've never been bashful about saying I can't stand Heinz Ward, but the reason is simple - I'd give a lot to get him on my team. He's a great football player.

Lately though, it looks like Ward is drifting more and more into being a caricature of himself. He isn't happy making solid meaningful blocks like he once was, now he seems to be looking for that one guy who is too stupid to have his head on a swivel whether it contributes to the play or not. i.e. he's trying to live up to his rep instead of doing what has won him respect, just playing hard football. That signature grin is getting old too. Back in the day he'd flash it genuinely, now he has to force it after damn near every play just to live up to his "brand."

Don't get me wrong, he's still a great receiver, he's just becoming less and less genuine. IMO.

Steel4eva
01-14-2009, 03:58 PM
that is stupid; you obviously do not know what you're talking about

SuperSteelers
01-14-2009, 03:59 PM
You may be right. Maybe his smile is less genuine than in the past. I bet it will be pretty real when he hoists the AFC Championship Trophy on Sunday. :tt02:

Best of luck to the Birdies.

BleedBlacknGold0
01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
I've never been bashful about saying I can't stand Heinz Ward

He is not a bottle of ketchup.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-14-2009, 04:03 PM
That block on the Bungles LB that broke his jaw was a very meaningful block.

TurnandBurn
01-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Ward is smart .. He uses his experience to get under player's skin. Maybe the grin has become a little cliche but that is part of his game.. I'm with supersteelers on this one.. It's all smiles when we win come Sunday.... :drink:

drizze99
01-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Sorry, you're wrong on all accounts.

PisnNapalm
01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I've never been bashful about saying I can't stand Heinz Ward, but the reason is simple - I'd give a lot to get him on my team. He's a great football player.

Lately though, it looks like Ward is drifting more and more into being a caricature of himself. He isn't happy making solid meaningful blocks like he once was, now he seems to be looking for that one guy who is too stupid to have his head on a swivel whether it contributes to the play or not. i.e. he's trying to live up to his rep instead of doing what has won him respect, just playing hard football. That signature grin is getting old too. Back in the day he'd flash it genuinely, now he has to force it after damn near every play just to live up to his "brand."

Don't get me wrong, he's still a great receiver, he's just becoming less and less genuine. IMO.

LMAO!! Heinz Ward.... You dumbass his name in HINES Ward. Go away troll.

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
god i hope he puts at least one ratbird down for the count......you can tell who the real ratbird fans are, by the way they whine just like the ratbirds themselves.......:crying01: tell hines to quit blocking so hard when thier not looking.......waaaaaa....:crying01:

go away you panzie....nobody here is going to agree with ya....and nobody here cares about your opinion on ward...:flipoff:

Luigi
01-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Ward is smart .. He uses his experience to get under player's skin. Maybe the grin has become a little cliche but that is part of his game.. I'm with supersteelers on this one.. It's all smiles when we win come Sunday.... :drink:

There you go, a Steeler fan not afraid to make the call. :) Agreed - the dude is a first class aggitator. Shame on the guy that takes the bait. (Like Jarret Johnson did in the Monday night game, and Chris McAllister has a dozen times or more.)

That's what I mean about the grin. It isn't so much his game now as it is something he's expected to do. You say cliche. OK. To me, not a Steeler fan, it's starting to look real phony.

I didn't expect many of you guys to agree. Just puttin it out there. It's kind of like expecting Rosie Odonnell's kid to admit she's ugly. Probably won't happen. I wouldn't be inclined to see Ward's antics this way if I were you either.

T.Richardson
01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
That block on the Bungles LB that broke his jaw was a very meaningful block.

you mean this one?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/CWEBB04_/hineswardhit.gif

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
There you go, a Steeler fan not afraid to make the call. :) Agreed - the dude is a first class aggitator. Shame on the guy that takes the bait. (Like Jarret Johnson did in the Monday night game, and Chris McAllister has a dozen times or more.)

That's what I mean about the grin. It isn't so much his game now as it is something he's expected to do. You say cliche. OK. To me, not a Steeler fan, it's starting to look real phony.

I didn't expect many of you guys to agree. Just puttin it out there. It's kind of like expecting Rosie Odonnell's kid to admit she's ugly. Probably won't happen. I wouldn't be inclined to see Ward's antics this way if I were you either.just like you raven fans won't admit that ray ray should be in prison, instead of on a football field.....:wave:

Luigi
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
god i hope he puts at least one ratbird down for the count......you can tell who the real ratbird fans are, by the way they whine just like the ratbirds themselves.......:crying01: tell hines to quit blocking so hard when thier not looking.......waaaaaa....:crying01:

go away you panzie....nobody here is going to agree with ya....and nobody here cares about your opinion on ward...:flipoff:

Hey dude, I've read some of your posts. "Panzie" isn't a word you of all people should be tossing around.

Luigi
01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
you mean this one?

Not at all. Great block taking out a would be tackler.

T.Richardson
01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I dont mind Ward...

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2009, 04:38 PM
looks like more trash for the mods to take out.....

Steel4eva
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM

I didn't expect many of you guys to agree. Just puttin it out there. It's kind of like expecting Rosie Odonnell's kid to admit she's ugly. Probably won't happen. I wouldn't be inclined to see Ward's antics this way if I were you either.

you're a moron! get the hell out here idiot.

westcoastransplant
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
I always love the arguements that Ward is a cheep shot artist, especially coming form the Ravens. Do you think if Suggs or Lewis see a wide receiver coming over the middle concentrating on trying to catch the ball, they're going to wait for them to acknowledge their presence then hit them? Hell no. They're going to try to take that receiver's head off. Thats football. Players like Suggs can dish it out all day, but when a receiver like Ward lights them up, they start throwing a fit and put bounties out. You don't like getting hit by Ward, be aware of your suroundings.

westcoastransplant
01-14-2009, 04:42 PM
you mean this one?

Thats getting me pumped for Sunday!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

SuperSteelers
01-14-2009, 04:43 PM

You realize that Ward is a likely inductee into the Football Hall of Fame? And the blemish you bring up is that his smile is fake?!? :doh:

MasterOfPuppets
01-14-2009, 04:46 PM
waaaaaaaa....somebody make him stop....:crying01:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbLNFiQSTyE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbLNFiQSTyE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Preacher
01-14-2009, 04:49 PM
That smile is completely genuine, it ticks off a bunch of steelers fans because he even smiles like that when he misses a catch. He is just having fun out there.

Now, you may make the argument that he isn't complete "home." I have always thought that, at least on the field, he doesn't play with a full deck! That smile is evidence.

Much in the same way Lambert never really played with a full deck.

Yet, both of them, off the field, are quite down-to-earth.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-14-2009, 04:51 PM

He does it for a reason, to get under peoples skin. Sometime when people play angry they play stupid. Example : unnecessary roughness in the Chargers game. As for the smile being genuine?? Who cares. Every time i heard Ward answer such a question in a interview he just say I am happy to be where I am. I believe him. Looks like he got under your skin too.:laughing:

msafford
01-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey dude, I've read some of your posts. "Panzie" isn't a word you of all people should be tossing around.

Luigi-

You have every right to feel a certain way about Hines, or any other Steelers player. I'd ask you this though....What did you expect people to do here, on a STEELERS message board, when you voice an opinion that many good folks here will take great offense to? Did you think we'd all say, "Well, Golly gee Mr. Luigi, you're right!!" To me, it simply sounds as if you're throwing out some bait here to truly piss some folks off. As someone else said, just do this on your own Ravens, or Bungles, or wherever you like to frequent if you want calm, honest conversation. Otherwise, you are bound to hear more of the same things. Hines is the man, and he can flash his shit-eating grin as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

IamTheSteelGod
01-14-2009, 05:00 PM
waaaaaaaa....somebody make him stop....:crying01:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbLNFiQSTyE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nbLNFiQSTyE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HA HA HA! love the video, :tt: Hines Ward! Love or hate him we don't care, he plays in the black and gold and we love him. He has done loads for this organisation in the past, if he wants to have a fake smile let him he is a L>E>G>E>N>D in his own right and no-one will forget it. I personal love the daft bastard, not in a gay kinda way though might i add. :lost:

Luigi
01-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Luigi-

You have every right to feel a certain way about Hines, or any other Steelers player. I'd ask you this though....What did you expect people to do here, on a STEELERS message board, when you voice an opinion that many good folks here will take great offense to? Did you think we'd all say, "Well, Golly gee Mr. Luigi, you're right!!" To me, it simply sounds as if you're throwing out some bait here to truly piss some folks off. As someone else said, just do this on your own Ravens, or Bungles, or wherever you like to frequent if you want calm, honest conversation. Otherwise, you are bound to hear more of the same things. Hines is the man, and he can flash his shit-eating grin as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Calm conversation? You got me all wrong. I knew what I'd be getting in this thread. Like I said, it's like asking a kid to admit his mom is ugly, she might be a cow, but he ain't gonna say it. The Intro I posted only got a couple of responses. It's good to meet some more of the home teamers. :)

Look, Ward is absolutely the man as a player. I'd love to him on my team. I just think he is trying too hard to live up to his rep now. He didn't seem to do that so much in the past. Not bait, really. Just an opinion. Hopefully I'll see some of you people in a better thread.

Luigi
01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
HA HA HA! love the video, :tt: Hines Ward! Love or hate him we don't care, he plays in the black and gold and we love him. He has done loads for this organisation in the past, if he wants to have a fake smile let him he is a L>E>G>E>N>D in his own right and no-one will forget it. I personal love the daft bastard, not in a gay kinda way though might i add. :lost:

"The daft bastard." LOL

I heard Ward on ESPN radio a while back talking about all the fines the league has doled out this year. I loved his response. He's going to play his game, between the whistles, within the rules, etc... I respect the guy along with my observations.

Polamalu43
01-14-2009, 05:10 PM

Next time before posting stupid stuff, please look at some steeler games before u open ur piehole about ward. thanks

Stillers33
01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
i love Hines! That smiles always on!:chuckle::tt02:

MJ5150
01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I just think he is trying too hard to live up to his rep now. He didn't seem to do that so much in the past. Not bait, really. Just an opinion. Hopefully I'll see some of you people in a better thread.

I see your point, I just don't totally agree. ESPN is showing more and more of them, but how often does he do it really? He is making a difference on the field a lot more often than ESPN is showing. Not saying he is dishing out those hits on every play, but he does the dirty work no one cares about. Then when he really nails someone, we now have 87 cameras on the field to catch it.

-Mike

stlrtruck
01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
First of all, Hines doesn't smile until he gets hit or hits someone else.

You want to call it phony or that he's out there doing things to emulate himself, then say what you want - but you finished it with, "I'd want him on my team!"

Bottom line the guy is a football player. He hits people on the other the team hard, before they hit him.

zsheik22
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
you mean this one?

How can people call that dirty? I dont get it.

His head is in front of the guy. The guy is going to chase down the play and possibly make a tackle, so Hines takes him out of the play.

YOU HIT TO HURT!!!!! (There is a difference between hurt and injure) You want teams to fear you, you want them to drop passes because they're scared. You want them to run less effective because they're scared to be hit.

lilyoder6
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
ppl are just mad b/c ward is not on there team simple as that

joeyssteelcurtain
01-14-2009, 08:45 PM

Really man come on he is the best all around wr in the league :mad:

Polamalu43
01-14-2009, 08:47 PM
The fools complaining about hines, are the people that don't know about football.!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-14-2009, 08:48 PM
He's been like that his whole career. What makes you think he'll change now. In fact, I remember that ball he caught before halftime he was smiling and laughing when he was running. I don't know what your basing your facts off of.

devilsdancefloor
01-14-2009, 09:18 PM
i think the smile is NOT phony it is all real! That just pisses off whomever just hit him with all they had!
http://xs135.xs.to/xs135/09033/ward_terrible_towel494.jpg

86WARD
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Heinz Ward...lol...

SteelersinCA
01-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Calm conversation? You got me all wrong. I knew what I'd be getting in this thread. Like I said, it's like asking a kid to admit his mom is ugly, she might be a cow, but he ain't gonna say it. The Intro I posted only got a couple of responses. It's good to meet some more of the home teamers. :)

Look, Ward is absolutely the man as a player. I'd love to him on my team. I just think he is trying too hard to live up to his rep now. He didn't seem to do that so much in the past. Not bait, really. Just an opinion. Hopefully I'll see some of you people in a better thread.

You mean like Ray-ray's entrance dance??? Like that kind of cliche?? Or do you mean that he's getting fat now and can't move like he used to and it looks like the stay puffed marshmallow man trying to wiggle out of a sock??? Maybe that kind of cliche. Or maybe it's the type of cliche Ray-ray uses for his pregame speeches when he asks where his "soldiers" are at? That kind of cliche? Or how about anything at all about Ray Lewis, maybe you should have just said Hines Ward and Ray Lewis are kind of cliche.

Chances are, you think everything Ray does is fine. You could just admit it, delete your thread and go a long your merry way. Either way, this was the lamest attempt at a thread I've seen. I hope the Ravens bring it better than you can on a forum. Your off season starts this Sunday, prepare. :wave: :tt02:

Burghfan58
01-15-2009, 07:12 AM

Do you mean too stupid to not have his head on a swivel? Either way it's a positive. If you don't have your head on a swivel you get jacked up. If you do it's slowing you down from making the play. Hines is in other teams heads and thats good for the Steelers.

LambertIsGod58
01-15-2009, 07:30 AM

Luigi.....I totally have to disagree with you. At least from the games I've watched this year. He still LOVES to block. Just ask Keith Rivers. And as far as the smile goes, I don't see him forcing it at all. He's still the best all around receiver in the league and of all time IMO.

HOTDOG
01-15-2009, 07:48 AM
You're complaining at the guy's smile? Seriously? Is that the best you've got?

SteelMember
01-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Hines Ward smiles because he enjoys playing football and loves being a Steeler. If you could possibly find anything fake about it, you'd have to ask his dentist.

Your drivel is what should be called cliche. :coffee:

jasonhightower
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Hines Ward smiles because he enjoys playing football and loves being a Steeler. If you could possibly find anything fake about it, you'd have to ask his dentist.

Your drivel is what should be called cliche. :coffee:

Amen Brotha'... Listen Hines may not be the best receiver in football, but he's the "best" on this team. Every season he comes to play, and I can't even count how many key 3rd down catches he's made over the years. He flat out changes the game and is such a perfect fit for the mentality of this team its not even funny.

SteelersinCA
01-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Jason Seibel says he's in the HOF, no question and he's a Bungle homer.

steelpride12
01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
I can see in a Ratbirds sense of view not liking him, but anyone and you have problems. He is a perfect example of true heart in the game of football, and the passion he shows toward winning and making a big play. Hines will go down as a Steeler great and hopefully an NFL great. Greed and money is not an option for him he plays for heart.

Fire Haley
01-15-2009, 11:56 AM
It's not just the Ratbirds that fear him.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/cancunbarbie/Steelers/hines_ward14.jpg

SteelersinCA
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Love that pic, if you couldn't guess!!!

Indo
01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
I don't think anyone would argue that Swan and Stallworth were among the absolute best to ever play the game. Ward has bested them at every stat that's recorded...

He has passion
He has flair
He has balls the size of cantelopes
and he used to be a quarterback!

:drink:

Blitzburgh_Fever
01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Come now, I'll point out several times in interviews when people ask him about that famous smile, he says he makes it a point to smile because it unnerves people. True, he loves to play but that's basically saying "Sometimes it's not genuine."

It doesn't matter a ton either way, Ward has said (paraphrased) "If they're thinking about hitting me or me hitting them during the week, they're thinking about it in the game" and has gone on to say he already considers it a victory if they're worried about him instead of paying attention to the play.

The guy is like Troy, an insanely athletic player who hits hard, plays rough, and gives 100% on the field; off the field, Ward is one of the nicest guys in football (same with Troy, I hear, but Ward does charities et cetera).

That said, I think Derek Mason is a pretty sincere class act in the league. I heard him on ESPN talking about the second Ravens game and he basically had nothing bad at all to say. Said Ben made a helluva throw, Holmes made a helluva catch, and that it was definitely a TD and the refs made the right call. The guy was classy in Tennessee and being around murderers hasn't changed him one bit.

westcoastransplant
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
You got to love a guy that always looks like he knows he's getting paid a lot of money to play a game and enjoys every single minute of it. It's also got to get into the defenders head that he can lay a vicious hit on Ward and he'll pop up with a big smile. The defender has to start thinking what he has to do to break Ward spirit. Another great example was Bettis. He would hit guys straight up, causing some great collisions, then pop up screaming and laughing.

rbryan
01-15-2009, 12:26 PM
You mean like Ray-ray's entrance dance??? Like that kind of cliche?? Or do you mean that he's getting fat now and can't move like he used to and it looks like the stay puffed marshmallow man trying to wiggle out of a sock??? Maybe that kind of cliche. Or maybe it's the type of cliche Ray-ray uses for his pregame speeches when he asks where his "soldiers" are at? That kind of cliche? Or how about anything at all about Ray Lewis, maybe you should have just said Hines Ward and Ray Lewis are kind of cliche.

Chances are, you think everything Ray does is fine. You could just admit it, delete your thread and go a long your merry way. Either way, this was the lamest attempt at a thread I've seen. I hope the Ravens bring it better than you can on a forum. Your off season starts this Sunday, prepare. :wave: :tt02:

Don't forget the cliche that is the official scoring in Baltimore....you know..... where Ray gets credit for the tackle when he jumps on the pile after the whistle....lol

Ray thinks the refs stole the game from him last time, yet nobody stole anything from the Titans when the refs gave Flacco 2 extra seconds to get the play off that won the game last week??? Ray will get his just rewards in the end.....I have no doubt things will end badly for Ray.

Burghfan58
01-15-2009, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Blitzburgh_Fever;529056]Come now, I'll point out several times in interviews when people ask him about that famous smile, he says he makes it a point to smile because it unnerves people. True, he loves to play but that's basically saying "Sometimes it's not genuine."

It doesn't matter a ton either way, Ward has said (paraphrased) "If they're thinking about hitting me or me hitting them during the week, they're thinking about it in the game" and has gone on to say he already considers it a victory if they're worried about him instead of paying attention to the play.

The guy is like Troy, an insanely athletic player who hits hard, plays rough, and gives 100% on the field; off the field, Ward is one of the nicest guys in football (same with Troy, I hear, but Ward does charities et cetera).

That said, I think Derek Mason is a pretty sincere class act in the league. I heard him on ESPN talking about the second Ravens game and he basically had nothing bad at all to say. Said Ben made a helluva throw, Holmes made a helluva catch, and that it was definitely a TD and the refs made the right call. The guy was classy in Tennessee and being around murderers hasn't changed him one bit.[/QUOT

Yeah He's not still whining about the play like Ray Ray who is trying to rally the troops by claiming they were cheated. Mason has accepted it and moved on.

IamTheSteelGod
01-16-2009, 05:54 AM
It's not just the Ratbirds that fear him.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/cancunbarbie/Steelers/hines_ward14.jpg

Which one the chick in next to nothing! ;-)

jcb320i
01-16-2009, 04:27 PM
A recent article in the Baltimore Sun links Hines Ward to a convicted heroin dealer and possible murder suspect. Seems Ward and the perp were close enough that the drug dealer was busted in a car that he purchased from Ward.

:banging:

P.S. Please excuse my avatar...

fansince'76
01-16-2009, 05:26 PM
A recent article in the Baltimore Sun links Hines Ward to a convicted heroin dealer and possible murder suspect. Seems Ward and the perp were close enough that the drug dealer was busted in a car that he purchased from Ward.

Christ, busted in a car purchased from Ward? Reach much? :coffee:

Hines0wnz
01-16-2009, 06:59 PM

I would have to say your opinion is without merit.

public - enemy
01-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Is this guy serious if the steelers had 53 hines ward type players we would be in the playoffs every year. This guy gives 110% every year because he does not have god given talent and he plays hard.as long as he does not get his team penalized I DON'T care about his antics

eden
01-16-2009, 09:27 PM
i can not hardly see ward involved with that any true steelers fan out there know anything bout it:noidea:

LVSteelersfan
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Want to talk about insincere. How about Ray Lewis spouting God at every turn. He is the least God like person I have seen in my entire life hanging out at night clubs with his posse. Sorry, but God fearing people don't hang out in night clubs. They hang out in church.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Want to talk about insincere. How about Ray Lewis spouting God at every turn. He is the least God like person I have seen in my entire life hanging out at night clubs with his posse. Sorry, but God fearing people don't hang out in night clubs. They hang out in church.and they don't get involved in murder....:coffee:

Leftoverhard
01-17-2009, 12:33 AM

WHATever. Where do people come up with this stuff? I'm sure his smile is all for some "persona" Hines is trying to portray to you. I'm really sure he doesn't have his mind on other things, you know, like doing his very difficult job, kicking ass and what have you - Do you really think he fake smiles while he's getting hit in mid-air?
And really - "Live up to his rep? His brand?" Dude, seriously. That is some crazy imagination you have there.

jjpro11
01-17-2009, 12:46 AM
a little scared he's going to finish off t-sizzle... aren't we?

MasterOfPuppets
01-17-2009, 01:00 AM
a little scared he's going to finish off t-sizzle... aren't we?hines needs to put a lil hot sauce on t sizzles bum wing......:chuckle:

SteelersinCA
01-17-2009, 01:06 AM
i can not hardly see ward involved with that any true steelers fan out there know anything bout it:noidea:

English please.:confused:

jasonhightower
01-17-2009, 07:35 AM
I still think when Hines is done running routes the Steelers move him to Safety. :)

86WARD
01-17-2009, 09:04 AM
One of the best shots from last weeks game was when Hines caught the ball in the open and was smiling while he was running...the dude is having fun and it's not forced.

There have been shots this season where he hasn't smiled...but come on...living up to the brand? really? get a clue dude.

eden
01-17-2009, 09:20 AM
English please.:confused:

ward is one of my families favorite players and i can not see him involved with a drug dealer has anybody heard about this

blue2noise
01-17-2009, 09:36 AM

Each player has their own thing

Hines Ward likes to smile

Ray Lewis likes to be involved in murders

blue2noise
01-17-2009, 09:38 AM
NOW WOULDN'T RAY LOOK BETTER HERE IF HE SMILED TOO?

http://www.nndb.com/people/627/000027546/ray-lewis-mugs.jpg