PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote shares faith with kids...

Steelcitygal87
01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
http://kdka.com/local/Larry.Foote.Addison.2.907669.html

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―
Click to enlarge
Larry Foote shared his faith with kids at the Addison Terrace housing project in the Hill District.
KDKA

1 of 1
Close

With the AFC Championship game just a few days away, you'd think all a Steeler would be thinking about is the playbook.

But Larry Foote kept a commitment to speak in a troubled neighborhood to a large group of kids.

"I know these kids really look up to the Steelers, so I'm really going to hit them with what's important in life and share my faith in Jesus Christ with them," he said.

He spoke to kids at the Addison Terrace housing project in the Hill District. It's a place that's had more than its share of trouble with shooting and drugs. It's a place not unlike Foote's childhood home in Detroit.

"I was having trouble at school hanging with the wrong crowd. I was involved in gangs, involved in drugs, guns," he said.

You might think it was Foote's athleticism that saved him from a troubled youth. It wasn't. After watching a number of friends die young, Foote says he turned to having faith in Jesus Christ.

If nothing else, Foote got these kids thinking.

"I think it'll make a difference in someone's heart. It made a difference in mine so – definitely," Tyreece Scribling said.

Foote prayed with the kids and then signed autographs, hoping to use his celebrity status to put these kids on a better path.

GO STEELERS!!! :tt03::tt:

wadester47
01-14-2009, 08:12 PM
He is my favorite D-player. He needs to get that ring!

Get em Larry!

stlrz fan
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Good for him. Starting back with taking care of his son he has always shown class. He deserves his success.

The Duke
01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Think his rival Bart Scott does thing kind of things? I guess he's probably too busy making death threats :doh:

:hatsoff: Foote. The man is a class act

devilsdancefloor
01-14-2009, 11:27 PM
good for him! glad to see he is wiling to give back even during a busy week!

Steelcitygal87
01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
This is what the Steelers are all about. Great on the field. A class act off the field. :tt:

Yep, couldn't agree more. That is one of the reasons why they have such a huge following and are so loved and RESPECTED. People recognize players of character and good heart, and the Steelers are made up of plenty of those types of individuals. :tt03::tt03::tt03:

drizze99
01-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Great job Larry! I love how so many of the Steelers reach out into the community.

gweaver61
01-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Awesome stuff. On the subject of faith, I'm flying into Pitt from SoCal for the game this weekend and would like to find a good church to attend in the morning. I'm staying about 5 miles from the stadium, so something close to downtown maybe?
Thanks

All4Jesus
01-16-2009, 01:49 PM
To be part of the Steelers family is exciting. To be a part of the Eternal family through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is forever life changing. Way to place the emphasis on what counts Brother Foote!