PDA

View Full Version : Steelers On Cover of SI...

86WARD
01-14-2009, 09:18 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/10_pearljam/Misc/0119_large.jpg

Hapa
01-14-2009, 09:22 PM
the answer to the question on the front is "no one"

Just clearing that up for the purple men.

GBMelBlount
01-14-2009, 09:23 PM
lol. I was just going to say that.

KeiselPower99
01-14-2009, 09:33 PM
The only team that can stop us is ourselves.

Steelers
01-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Wait, so are we now officially "cursed?"

nojobny
01-14-2009, 09:36 PM
the answer to the question on the front is "no one"

Just clearing that up for the purple men.

As I was reading the question the very words that popped into my head was "no one"

GMTA!!! :drink:

Tankus_Maximus
01-14-2009, 09:37 PM
oh crap.....there's the curse!!!

chingado

nojobny
01-14-2009, 09:37 PM

Nah, there's a thread around here somewhere that shows all the times we were on the cover and we did well.

Now if one of them wind up on the cover of Madden 2010....:banging:

stlrtruck
01-14-2009, 09:38 PM

Can't be. Woodley was on the cover a few weeks ago, plus in the run to the Super Bowl, they were on the cover several times that year.

There is no jinx, just the Steelers getting in their own way.

This year is different, the Steelers are paving the way to Tampa (to come visit me)

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Polamalu43
01-14-2009, 09:47 PM
The only team that can stop us is ourselves.

:tt02::thumbsup:

WWIIOwheelz
01-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Nate has quite a vertical! lol

Edman
01-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Who can stop the Steelers?

Themselves, with a little help from Baltimore, of course. No guarantees.

devilsdancefloor
01-14-2009, 10:22 PM
wille colon not lining up or holding is what i thought about 1st

G7!
01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
For beating the 8-8 Chargers? A team that was 4-8 at one point? Are you serious?

The Eagles beat the defensding World Champs,
The Ravens beat the AFC #1 seed,
Arizona makes it to the NFC Championship for the first time,
The Yinzers beat a .500 team and that is living large? are you kidding me?

steelreserve
01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
For beating the 8-8 Chargers? A team that was 4-8 at one point? Are you serious?

Hey, at least we won our division. Who else was in it again?

tony hipchest
01-14-2009, 10:55 PM

jealous?

maybe SI just didnt like how the ravens got beat up and pushed up and down the field.

dont worry, im sure rayray is throwing a roid fueled fit to whip his boys up into a game winning frenzy right about now.

heres to them not blowing their wad before they step out of the locker room. :jerkit:

(arizona made the cover too. america and the media doesnt wanna see the rats in a bowl)

G7!
01-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey, at least we won our division. Who else was in it again?

you will remember Sunday at around 9:30. :hatsoff:

G7!
01-14-2009, 10:59 PM
jealous?

maybe SI just didnt like how the ravens got beat up and pushed up and down the field.

dont worry, im sure rayray is throwing a roid fueled fit to whip his boys up into a game winning frenzy right about now.

heres to them not blowing their wad before they step out of the locker room. :jerkit:

no jealousy...I just think a team knocking off a #1 seed on the road is a bit more impressive that a team beating an 8-8 team at home. I think the other two wins were also more impressive. Honestly I thought the Cards would get the cover...never thought the yinzers would. C'mon in all seriousness, the chargers were 4-8 at one point and L.T. wasn't playing. I didn't think anyone outside of Pennsyltucky was that impressed. I am surprised.

NmL1232
01-14-2009, 11:53 PM
no jealousy...I just think a team knocking off a #1 seed on the road is a bit more impressive that a team beating an 8-8 team at home. I think the other two wins were also more impressive. Honestly I thought the Cards would get the cover...never thought the yinzers would. C'mon in all seriousness, the chargers were 4-8 at one point and L.T. wasn't playing. I didn't think anyone outside of Pennsyltucky was that impressed. I am surprised.

If the titans took better care of the ball, and CJ actually played in the second half. I guarantee you would not be coming to Pittsburgh.

Johnson had 72 yards on like 11 carries.

Polamalu43
01-15-2009, 12:24 AM

Talk about jealous.. get ready for a beat down sunday!!!!!! :tt02:

SteelersinCA
01-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Nate has quite a vertical! lol

I was thinking the same thing!!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Nah, there's a thread around here somewhere that shows all the times we were on the cover and we did well.

Now if one of them wind up on the cover of Madden 2010....:banging:

All Steeler plays step away from anything that resembles a Chunky Soup Can :wink02:

The_WARDen
01-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Can't be. Woodley was on the cover a few weeks ago, plus in the run to the Super Bowl, they were on the cover several times that year.

There is no jinx, just the Steelers getting in their own way.

This year is different, the Steelers are paving the way to Tampa (to come visit me)

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

unfortunately, that was after the 2nd Baltiprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilter profanityfilterprofanityfilter game and they promptly got smacked by the Titans.

fansince'76
01-15-2009, 08:42 AM

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Polamalu Princess
01-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Great cover!

Edman
01-15-2009, 08:48 AM
You bet. Squeaking by a number one seeded team after they dominated you all over the field is a helluva lot more impressive than the Steelers victory over the Chargers. Sorry, Ratbird. You can't pick your opponents.

Enjoy the third loss to the Steelers on Sunday. Your run comes to an end.

Godfather
01-15-2009, 09:36 AM
I hope the Rats are on a regional cover. Didn't they do all four Final Four teams on the cover the year we won Super Bowl XL?

xlchamps
01-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I love this cover, and man does washington have hops, lol

LambertIsGod58
01-15-2009, 09:51 AM

Weren't the Colts 3-4 at one point and beat your asses 31-3? I don't see your point.....

PisnNapalm
01-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Hell no! Having Steelers on the SI cover is a great thing! Back in 2005/06 during our super bowl run Steelers were on the covers 5 times!

:thumbsup:

TackleMeBen
01-15-2009, 09:59 AM
well you know if we win the superbowl, one of the guys probably wil be on the cover of madden..lol

stlrtruck
01-15-2009, 10:02 AM

Let's face it, SI knows what sells and regardless of the why - the bottom line is that Steelers on the covers sells more issues than eagles, cardinals, or ratbirds!

But don't worry bitter :troll: your inflated season will soon come to an end!

The Duke
01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
well you know if we win the superbowl, one of the guys probably wil be on the cover of madden..lol

Put carey davis in it :smile:

stlrtruck
01-15-2009, 10:03 AM

Oh God, let's hope not. Actually probably not, Madden doesn't like us.

TackleMeBen
01-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh God, let's hope not. Actually probably not, Madden doesn't like us.
you know, you are right.. so maybe he will pick flacco for the cover next year..lol :chuckle:

STEEL-MAN
01-15-2009, 10:16 AM
another troll!

the Ravens beat the Titans, or did they beat themselves?

the Titans lost 3 of their last 4 games!

Titan wins since they stepped on the T. Towel :tt02: ?

Number of power teams the Ravens beat this year, Miami don't count?

The number of times a Raven fan wines during the course of a season, endless!

stlrtruck
01-15-2009, 10:45 AM
another troll!

the Ravens beat the Titans, or did they beat themselves?

the Titans lost 3 of their last 4 games!

Titan wins since they stepped on the T. Towel :tt02: ?

Number of power teams the Ravens beat this year, Miami don't count?

The number of times a Raven fan wines during the course of a season, endless!

If you're in Baltimore, check out the Purple Goose off washington st. Great Steelers Fan Club.

Dino 6 Rings
01-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Well gues that means I'm on my way to the bookstore to pick up this week's SI...

Had to buy the ESPN Mag when the Entire Defense was on the cover 2 weeks ago.

dang it...costing me money!

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 11:06 AM
oh yea! GO STEELERS!

drizze99
01-15-2009, 11:14 AM

The Titans beat themselves,

There you go, I fixed that for you. Had the Titans not beat themselves, you guys would be making draft plans already. If ANY Baltimore fan *thinks* they "beat" the Titans, you have no f-ing clue about football. Chris Johnson was GASHING you guys until he got hurt.

Face it Ratbird fans, lady luck was on your side BIG TIME last weekend.

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
There you go, I fixed that for you. Had the Titans not beat themselves, you guys would be making draft plans already. If ANY Baltimore fan *thinks* they "beat" the Titans, you have no f-ing clue about football. Chris Johnson was GASHING you guys until he got hurt.

Face it Ratbird fans, lady luck was on your side BIG TIME last weekend.

Here is to a BIG game from Fast Willie this Sunday...:tt03:

MDSteel15
01-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Put carey davis in it :smile:

LMAO!!!!Please......:tt03:

Frankie3521
01-15-2009, 11:29 AM

The ravens beat the AFC #1 seed, isn't that the same team we beat twice this year and won the division over? Didn't the Steelers get the #2 seed in the AFC after one of the hardest schedules in NFL history (might have been the hardest). Get off the board troll.

MDSteel15
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM
If you're in Baltimore, check out the Purple Goose off washington st. Great Steelers Fan Club.

Or come to Frederick to Krugg's !!!! Jammed every weekend with nothing but Steelers faithful....

Frankie3521
01-15-2009, 11:34 AM

Without L.T.? You played the Titans with a couple of banged up pro-bowl calibre players, Chris Johnson was ripping your defense a new one, luckily for you guys he got hurt. Otherwise, you wouldn't be coming to Pittsburgh. I don't want to hear about beating up on a injured team, Tennessee had Kevin Mawae, Albert Haynesworth, Kyle Vanden Boch and Chris Johnson all banged up coming into that game. Johnson stays in that game it sure as hell looks like you lose it. I don't want to hear the "they didn't have LT". Big deal, injuries are a part of football, and you sure look like a team to talk at this point.

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM

what time do you suggest that i need to get there in order to get a "seat"?

Hammer67
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM

That's funny...seeing as how ESPN and other national media outlets annointed the winner of the Indy-Chargers game the AFC favorite based on how they kept blowing both teams. Both were the "hottest" teams in the AFC playoffs.

Anyway...#2 seed is worth something...can only play who is on the schedule.

stlrtruck
01-15-2009, 03:15 PM
what time do you suggest that i need to get there in order to get a "seat"?

Probably 2-3 hours before kickoff. At least that's when I use to get there. I'd give them a call and see what they suggest. I know the fan club has grown astronomically so it could be SRO

86WARD
01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/10_pearljam/Misc/2009SIPolamalu.jpg

86WARD
02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2009/0209_large.jpg

CPanther95
02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow. Santonio had so much going on and he still crosses his fingers and gives a thumbs up to the cameraman on the way down.

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Who Can Stop The Steelers? No team can because we are the 6 time champs