PDA

View Full Version : Rod Woodson Representing!

realdeal
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Just heard on NFL network that the Steelers have invited Rod to the Game on Sunday! He has accepted! :tt03:

Crow-Magnon
01-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Just heard on NFL network that the Steelers have invited Rod to the Game on Sunday! He has accepted! :tt03:

Good for Rod. He played for both teams and won a SB with the Ravens. Makes sense that he would show up.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Gotta love Woodson he is such a Steeler home-r black and gold runs deep in his blood. When he enters the HOF this year he goes in dressed in the black and gold he's put that question to rest already. :tt02::tt02:

Polamalu43
01-15-2009, 12:37 AM
i still remember when i was a little kid my first NFL t-shirt was of Rod-woodson

OneForTheToe
01-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Saw that - it was awesome.:tt:

markymarc
01-15-2009, 06:49 AM
That is awesome. It will be great having Rod at the game. Bring your terrible towel Rod!

Crow-Magnon
01-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Gotta love Woodson he is such a Steeler home-r black and gold runs deep in his blood. When he enters the HOF this year he goes in dressed in the black and gold he's put that question to rest already. :tt02::tt02:

I have no problem with that. He was a Steeler a lot longer than he was a Raven. I'm just happy he helped bring home the VL Trophy to Baltimore in 2000/2001.

Michael Keller
01-15-2009, 07:29 AM
When Rod was with the 49ers I took my son to the pre-season camp located in nearby Rocklin California. After the morning practicet Woodson was signing autographs for the fans , Steeler fans included. He was signing a White Steeler jersey with his name and number on it and he was 3 feet away from me and I said

"Rod don"t you forget when you go into the Hall Of Fame you must go in as a Steeler cause you will always be a Steeler."

He looked up and I could tell he was thinking about what I said and after a few seconds he looked back down and continued signing. It really sucks when a great one can not finish his career with his true team. Rod continues to handle himself in such a way that he really makes all of us proud that he is and always will be a Steeler .

LambertIsGod58
01-15-2009, 07:33 AM

Does he necessarily go in as a Steeler? I'm not sure....I know in baseball Dave Winfield went in as a Padre because they paid him a million dollars to do so. I thought Woodson could go in representing any of the teams he played for. And since he won his ring with Baltimore, I thought that might be his choice.

Crow-Magnon
01-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Does he necessarily go in as a Steeler? I'm not sure....I know in baseball Dave Winfield went in as a Padre because they paid him a million dollars to do so. I thought Woodson could go in representing any of the teams he played for. And since he won his ring with Baltimore, I thought that might be his choice.

As far as I know, I believe Woodson has already said he will go in as a Steeler. Like I said, no problem.

Eddie Murray played for several years with the Dodgers, but everyone considers him to be an Oriole. Long-term, I think most people nationwide will remember Woodson as a Steeler.

HometownGal
01-15-2009, 07:55 AM
It sure will be great to have #26 back, even if only as a fan for Sunday's game! :tt02: Bet he won't be out there freezin' his tush off - he'll be in the Rooneys' nice comfy box. :chuckle:

Crow-Magnon
01-15-2009, 07:57 AM
It sure will be great to have #26 back, even if only as a fan for Sunday's game! :tt02: Bet he won't be out there freezin' his tush off - he'll be in the Rooneys' nice comfy box. :chuckle:

I was watching (Jeezus, I dunno, was it ESPN or the NFL Network? :laughing:) this morning and someone asked Rod where he was going to be sitting/standing, since he played for both teams.

I think he answered "in the middle." :drink:

Rod tells it like it is and was a helluva player.

HometownGal
01-15-2009, 08:02 AM
I was watching (Jeezus, I dunno, was it ESPN or the NFL Network? :laughing:) this morning and someone asked Rod where he was going to be sitting/standing, since he played for both teams.

:toofunny::toofunny:

Yep - with Woodson, what you see is what you get. I loved many things about him, but his "NO BS" demeanor is one of the things I loved the most! :drink:

Crow-Magnon
01-15-2009, 08:07 AM
:toofunny::toofunny:

Yep - with Woodson, what you see is what you get. I loved many things about him, but his "NO BS" demeanor is one of the things I loved the most! :drink:

When he's doing a report and he thinks someone really sucked, he basically comes out and says, "yeah, they sucked." :chuckle:

realdeal
01-15-2009, 08:19 AM
One of my favorite Steelers of all time! All we need now is "fatboy" on the sidelines and we are sure to win. :laughing:

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
oh yeah!

Dino 6 Rings
01-15-2009, 11:21 AM
To answer the question, when a player goes into the Hall of Fame, he does not go in as a member of any one team. He goes in as a Hall of Fame player in the NFL. That is all. They can pick a picture of themselves in uniform, and that is where the "go in as a member of this team" stuff gomes from, but the Busts don't have the team logo on them and every team they played for is included in their story.

SteelerFanInATL
01-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Good for Rod. He played for both teams and won a SB with the Ravens. Makes sense that he would show up.

Woodson played for the Ravens and won a S/B with them, but he is a
STEELER 4 LIFE. :drink: If you cut him with a knife he would bleed Black & Gold!!!

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 11:31 AM

haha...deep down he knows that he is a "STEELER"...he didn't want to come out and say it

MDSteel15
01-15-2009, 11:37 AM
As far as I know, I believe Woodson has already said he will go in as a Steeler. Like I said, no problem.

Eddie Murray played for several years with the Dodgers, but everyone considers him to be an Oriole. Long-term, I think most people nationwide will remember Woodson as a Steeler.

Actaully, Eddie Murray (the Greatest Oriole EVER), played for Dodgers, Mets, Indians, Angels and the the O's again.... He should have never left B-more!

Steely McSmash
01-15-2009, 11:42 AM
When Rod was with the 49ers I took my son to the pre-season camp located in nearby Rocklin California. After the morning practicet Woodson was signing autographs for the fans , Steeler fans included. He was signing a White Steeler jersey with his name and number on it and he was 3 feet away from me and I said

"Rod don"t you forget when you go into the Hall Of Fame you must go in as a Steeler cause you will always be a Steeler."

He looked up and I could tell he was thinking about what I said and after a few seconds he looked back down and continued signing. It really sucks when a great one can not finish his career with his true team. Rod continues to handle himself in such a way that he really makes all of us proud that he is and always will be a Steeler .

Way to twist the knife! Are you available for funerals? (jk):chuckle:

jasonhightower
01-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Damn I miss Rod's cornerback blitzes...

westcoastransplant
01-15-2009, 12:39 PM

Woodson will go in representing all the teams he played for. I don't think its like baseball where the busts are wearing hats. And the rules for baseball players have changed since Tampa Bay tried putting a clause in Boggs contract so they could finally have a Rays player in the hall.

On a personal note, it would be cool to see Woodson on the Steelers sideline waiving a T.T. :tt::tt:

Fire Haley
01-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Rod said he was fence-sitting on this game and won't make a pick the last time I heard.

Terrell Davis is picking the Steelers.

He must have learned his lesson...

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/td26.jpg

Hammer67
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Rod is going to be a Steeler honorary captain for the coin toss, along with fellow final 15 HOF candidate, Dermonti Dawson

Fire Haley
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I guess he made up his mind..

Woodson picks Steelers over Ravens

Thursday, January 15, 2009
Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The AFC championship game will be played Sunday in Heinz Field, but the Steelers have already stolen one from the Baltimore Ravens.

Rod Woodson, who played for the Steelers and then earned a Super Bowl ring with the Ravens, will serve as one of the Steelers' honorary co-captains Sunday. He will be joined by former teammate Dermontti Dawson. The two former Steelers greats are among the 15 Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists.

Woodson played cornerback for the Steelers from 1987 to 1996. He later played for the 49ers (1997), Ravens (98-01) and Raiders (02-03). Baltimore won the Super Bowl after the 2000 season.

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09015/941974-100.stm

JPSEMP
01-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Management has been amazing over the years of knowing when to keep a guy and when to let them go. I always understood except when they let Rod go. While it was great to see him have so much success with other teams I must admit that it made me jealous as a Steeler fan. I remember watching his after injury workout exhibition and he ran like 4.6 or something and I thought wow maybe he won't be able to make it back. He had decent year with S.F. then with Baltimore he was right back to his former self. I think his next to last year with the Raiders he led the leauge in picks and defensive scores. Wish he could have been with Pitt all them years ( the pass defense sure could have used him a few of them years). Anyways will be great seeing him out on the field Sunday and hearing his speech next September.

Fire Haley
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
I posted my above article about Rod picking the Steelers on the Ratnest board and their gutless coward mods moved it to the "Smack" forum.

BWAhahahahahaha!