PDA

View Full Version : Whats up everyone?

1/28/01
01-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Ravens fan here -

Just wanted to stop in and say good luck Sunday. This should be a low scoring bloodfest - old school football.

I know I will probably get blasted by a few (expected) but Im not the troling type.

Two GREAT D's battling it out!!!

devilsdancefloor
01-14-2009, 11:30 PM
welcome! and if you are here to talk smash mouth football and not troll then no one will blast you!

1/28/01
01-14-2009, 11:36 PM
welcome! and if you are here to talk smash mouth football and not troll then no one will blast you!

Ive been on enough of these boards I know there is always the exception to the rule and no matter how educated and "in good fun" you are, there will always be those that blast.

No worries - just want to talk football...reall football. Old school AFC, defense wins championships football

I think Ravens/Steelers rivalry will grow even more in the next 6-10 years due to the age of our teams (generally young players) and true competitors.

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY!!!!!!!

Steelers
01-14-2009, 11:55 PM
I think Ravens/Steelers rivalry will grow even more in the next 6-10 years due to the age of our teams (generally young players) and true competitors.

If Flacco can prove that he's more than a flash in the pan, I think the rivalry will become one of the best in sports, one that we get to enjoy at least twice a year.

devilsdancefloor
01-14-2009, 11:56 PM
well we can agree on one thing already is it sunday yet lol!! :tt:

NEPAsteeler
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I love the Ravens/Steelers rivalry. It's what football should be. I'm really looking forward to Sunday. It's gonna be a battle of the ages in my opinion. I can't wait.

Polamalu43
01-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Welcome, yeah the game should be a bloodbath, with us hopefully coming out the winners! =)

quadruple yoi
01-15-2009, 12:41 AM
If Flacco can prove that he's more than a flash in the pan, I think the rivalry will become one of the best in sports, one that we get to enjoy at least twice a year.

x 2..............its going to be a great game. is it sunday yet? :tt:

CaliStillersFan
01-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Damn its still not Sunday

randy06
01-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Feelin kinda sunday!!!!

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Absolutly cannot wait till Sunday. In my opinion this is the best rivalry in the NFL today. I hate the Browns and the Bungles, don't have much love for the Titans(Oilers) but I hate the Ravens...and thats what makes it so much fun

SteelersinCA
01-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Personally, I think your defense is tired and it going to get wrecked, but yes, here's to a good game with no injuries!!!

sixstringlass
01-15-2009, 04:22 AM
Damn its still not Sunday

Try again tomorrow?

1/28/01
01-15-2009, 11:28 AM
We are definitely banged up.....but no excuses. We have been banged up ALL year and have been doing just enough to squeak out some wins.

Bottom line is its going to come down to special teams and turnovers.

Whoever wins the TO battle and has a handful of big plays - i.e. pick 6, big kick or punt return or even a special teams TD will win this game.

Probably going to come down to Flacco vs Ben

Heres to Sunday - :drink:

oldschool
01-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Old School football, sounds Great! Can't wait till Sunday!!

memphissteelergirl
01-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey 1/28/01

Yes, I could not agree more. This is gonna be a slugfest! And one fun game to watch!

Here's to a game for the ages (as Big Ben appropriately called it)

:drink:

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
GO STEELERS!

SteelersinCA
01-15-2009, 12:54 PM
All playoff games come down to turnovers. Steelers won't make the turnovers the Titans did, that will more than make the game out of reach.

1/28/01
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
All playoff games come down to turnovers. Steelers won't make the turnovers the Titans did, that will more than make the game out of reach.

Pretty sure this game will not be out of reach for either team !

Dino 6 Rings
01-15-2009, 01:12 PM
What's Up?

My FREAKING BLOOD PRESSURE! That's what's up! I can't wait til this freaking game starts so we can shut the freaking Ravens up once and for all. We beat their sorry butts twice already this season but this Sunday, its going to be worse, we are going to crush them. We are going to score a lot of points agains them and we are going to rub their faces in the dirt as we continue to smash their brains in with a 30 point lead!

That is what's UP!

scsteeler
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
This will be a tough hard fought game as always if it is close going into the 4th the Steelers will (My Prediction). The reason I say this is the Ravens will not have enough gas to stop the Steelers offense. If you have watched the past 5 games the Ravens have been getting gashed really bad in the 4th quarter and I think it is because these guys are really tired.

If the Ravens are going to win They need to be up by 14 points going into the 4th and able to stop the Steeler Defense.

On another note though all I have been hearing is how great this Raven Defense is and everyone seems to forget the Steelers have the #1 Defense and have did a great job of stopping the Ravens and everyone else. The biggest help to the Raven offense has been their running game in which I don't think it will be the same with their #1 runner hurt. Also The Steeler offense will be much better at running the ball even though none of the Ravens think so.

I can't wait until Sunday.:tt02:

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
What's Up?

My FREAKING BLOOD PRESSURE! That's what's up! I can't wait til this freaking game starts so we can shut the freaking Ravens up once and for all. We beat their sorry butts twice already this season but this Sunday, its going to be worse, we are going to crush them. We are going to score a lot of points agains them and we are going to rub their faces in the dirt as we continue to smash their brains in with a 30 point lead!

That is what's UP!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LETS GO!:tt03:

1/28/01
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What's Up?

That is what's UP!

You're actually using the word CRUSH?

This game will be REAL close - not quite a 30 point lead?

Man, I cant wait!!!!!!

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 02:38 PM

Man, I cant wait!!!!!!

ok Pittsburgh by 20

Fire Haley
01-15-2009, 02:42 PM
fyi
NFL Channel is have a 6 hr all-day "pre-game" show on Fri.

Now that's entertainment.

Indo
01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Even though he is a Nevermore, I have to agree with 1/28/01---I don't think the word CRUSH will be used at the end of this game (don't misunderstand me--I would love nothing more than to see Keisel and the D line CRUSH the purpleboys into the turf). It's gonna be a hard fought battle any way you look at it. No matter...a W is a W is a W and it buys a trip to Tampa.

IMO the only thing that will separate the Winner from the Loser is the turnovers. In fact, the ONLY statistic that EVER matters in the game of football is the Turnovers. He who has more "gives" forces his D to protect a short field. He who has more "takes" gives his O more opportunities.

It's a game of Opportunities---he who creates more, Wins

Here's to the D----Creating Opportunities :drink:

Stover4Prez
01-15-2009, 02:56 PM
While I agree with you this will come down to defense, our D will only be as good as the Offense lets them. If the Ravens O cannot get a couple first downs and let our guys get a breather, it is going to be really tough to win. But even if the O doesn't score a whole lot, if they get 2-3 first downs and then let Koch pin the Steelers at the 4 yard line (that guy is crazy good right now), the Ravens D will be up for all 4 (or 5) quarters.

Let's Go RAVENS!

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 03:06 PM
The Ravens are tired and beat up. Our crowd, our defense, Ben and Company spells long day for the Rats...cya next season!

GO STEELERS!:tt:

Dodt
01-15-2009, 03:48 PM
praying for another snow game like last weekend.

kmsteelerwr15
01-15-2009, 04:07 PM

Man, I cant wait!!!!!!

hell it probably wont even be 30 points combined

joeyssteelcurtain
01-15-2009, 09:08 PM
pitt 24 bal 17

Effenbroke
01-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Look Everyone...I am FLYING in from Salt Lake City, Utah for my FIRST HOME GAME EVER...WE are gonna Kick Freakin Arse. Can anyone tell me where I can meet the players or the best chance to see them up close is? Thanks 1,000,000

CaliStillersFan
01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Enjoy your first game Effenbroke, bring us home a winner. Remember one thing, if you have your voice the next day, you weren't loud enough!!!

1/28/01
01-15-2009, 09:37 PM
hell it probably wont even be 30 points combined

thats about the only guarantee!!

14/13 - 10 somebody (of course Im hoping Ravens)