PDA

View Full Version : Chink in Bungles armor

TXSTEELER
12-24-2005, 08:35 PM
The Bengals are starting to resemble their old team the "Bungles". That was an ugly game with Buffalo. I think we take them this time! They definitely loked beatable, and I noticed Palmer limping. They blew their #2 seed and may struggle against KC next week.
I don't think they can take the pressure.

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2005, 08:38 PM
That game was ugly with Buffalo. That shoulda been a SHOE IN for the Bengals.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Kelly Holcomb is the real deal.. He put up something like 400 yds against us a few years back.

We're the bengals prime for a let down? or maybe just dont have that killer instinct built into them just yet.

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2005, 08:40 PM
They can get a long merciless whoopin when they play us in the Post-Season.

Koopa
12-24-2005, 08:45 PM
well i won't buy to much into todays performance i haven't looked at the stat sheet but i think i read that tj wasn't really going to play. but hopefully they beat the chiefs so we won't have to worry to much and so they can get a false since a hope in themselves so it makes are playoff victory that much sweeter lol

EDIT: i just looked at the stat sheet and tj did play a lot. so now i'm loving it cause i don't think they can live up the pressure of being a powerhouse team yet. and did kitna play cause the game was over or cause palmer got hurt?

bengalsfan21
12-24-2005, 09:20 PM
The Bengals are starting to resemble their old team the "Bungles". That was an ugly game with Buffalo. I think we take them this time! They definitely loked beatable, and I noticed Palmer limping. They blew their #2 seed and may struggle against KC next week.
I don't think they can take the pressure.

Excellent grammer here :cheers: the Bengals blew a game something the Steelers have done a few times as well, does that mean you suck also? Let me answer for you...........No it means teams have bad days, the Colts lost to the Chargers who in turn lost to KC and are not a great team. Does that mean Indy sucks? No not at all.

Bengals are not making a Superbowl run this season like the Steelers should have coming off a 15-1 season, if you ask me you guys are worst for going form 15-1 to chasing a wild card :toofunny: the Bengals are 4 players from a solid Super Bowl team 2 defensive tackles, a Tight End, and a safety bc Kim Herring just isn't going to cut it. Steelers on the other hand, what happened?

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Excellent grammer here :cheers: the Bengals blew a game something the Steelers have done a few times as well, does that mean you suck also? Let me answer for you...........No it means teams have bad days, the Colts lost to the Chargers who in turn lost to KC and are not a great team. Does that mean Indy sucks? No not at all.

Bengals are not making a Superbowl run this season like the Steelers should have coming off a 15-1 season, if you ask me you guys are worst for going form 15-1 to chasing a wild card :toofunny: the Bengals are 4 players from a solid Super Bowl team 2 defensive tackles, a Tight End, and a safety bc Kim Herring just isn't going to cut it. Steelers on the other hand, what happened?

Aggreed about every team having off days. I mean last year we had one in the AFC Championship Game(One At The Wrong Time) And In the game at Baltimore. Well You Guys won't make it outta the 1st round. Remember WE'RE THE ONLY AFC TEAM TO HAVE WENT 15-1

bengalsfan21
12-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Aggreed about every team having off days. I mean last year we had one in the AFC Championship Game(One At The Wrong Time) And In the game at Baltimore. Well You Guys won't make it outta the 1st round. Remember WE'RE THE ONLY AFC TEAM TO HAVE WENT 15-1

Never said we would make it out of the first round, but you can expect a dog fight for the next several years. The only goal we should have (bengals/steelers) is to keep browns 1 and 1.1 bottom feeders :grin:

And as for 15-1 look for Cincy to be doing it eventually, like I said 4 players away from it.

But just to clarify things up I have no problem with anyone on this board, but I hate when someone signs up and makes a post or two about how the Bengals suck or any team sucks for that matter it just is one of my pet peeves.

TXSTEELER
12-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Oh, lets see 2 games thrown away by that puke Tommy gun Maddox, and BEN still hurting when he played you guys. I would like to see how far you guys would have gotten without Palmer for a few games. We'll get our revenge in your house, count on that baby!

bengalsfan21
12-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh, lets see 2 games thrown away by that puke Tommy gun Maddox, and BEN still hurting when he played you guys. I would like to see how far you guys would have gotten without Palmer for a few games. We'll get our revenge in your house, count on that baby!

Kitna could have takin control with no problem, wouldn't be the same but it would be good......Palmer isn't a little ***** who whines everytime he gets hit, whenever the Steelers lose Ben hurts something, he will eventually run out of body parts to hurt / excuses.

CantStop85
12-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Terrence Mcgee took over that game. A 99-yard kick return for a TD, then an INT return for a TD to seal it.

Kelly Holcomb has always given the Bengals defense fits (recall last year's second-highest scoring game in NFL history). The Bengals just played too sloppy to win today...they live and die on Carson's arm...Carson threw a couple of picks and they lost.

Oh well, better to lose now than come playoff time.

Koopa
12-25-2005, 01:27 AM
to bad it will come playoff time right around when the steelers roll in

CASTEEL
12-25-2005, 01:32 AM

Don't kid yourself.. that's gonna happen soon enough!

clevestinks
12-25-2005, 06:57 AM
I`m not writing the Bengals off. But I wasn`t worried about them anyway, Ben is getting healthy, and so is our O line. And we are clicking, momentum is huge in the NFL. HUGE.

Rotorhead
12-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I think your Bengals are 10 players short of a SB run . . . it is the 10 (Delthea is a good CB) that line up on the defensive side of the ball! If your team would ever get its def going you may have a good team. The Bengals have always had the offensive tools to make a good run, but never the defense to win. Look at the Colts last year, best offense ever and couldnt do crap cause the had no def. You will see come 1st round of the playoffs . . .

bengalsfan21
12-25-2005, 02:15 PM
I think your Bengals are 10 players short of a SB run . . . it is the 10 (Delthea is a good CB) that line up on the defensive side of the ball! If your team would ever get its def going you may have a good team. The Bengals have always had the offensive tools to make a good run, but never the defense to win. Look at the Colts last year, best offense ever and couldnt do crap cause the had no def. You will see come 1st round of the playoffs . . .

??????????????? Odell Thurman and David Pollack just suck huh? and Madeiu Willaims is terrible when he is healthy, not to mention Tory James and Keiwan Ratliff they shouldn't even be in the league......And it's not like any team would give their left nuts for Brian Simmons.......My God only one good player on that defense. :toofunny:

SteelCurtain
12-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Excellent grammer here the Bengals blew a game something the Steelers have done a few times as well, does that mean you suck also? Let me answer for you...........No it means teams have bad days, the Colts lost to the Chargers who in turn lost to KC and are not a great team. Does that mean Indy sucks? No not at all.

Bengals are not making a Superbowl run this season like the Steelers should have coming off a 15-1 season, if you ask me you guys are worst for going form 15-1 to chasing a wild card the Bengals are 4 players from a solid Super Bowl team 2 defensive tackles, a Tight End, and a safety bc Kim Herring just isn't going to cut it. Steelers on the other hand, what happened?

Well, first off the steelers should be making a superbowl run coming off of a 15-1 season assuming they would have stayed healthy all season. They had to many injuries to too important of personell to be making a run such as say the Colts have. They are still in the hunt to make the playoffs and since when does it matter if you win the Division championship or get a wild card spot, you still make the playoffs, which lets you make a run for the super bowl. And believe me I wouldn't have it any other way this year then for them to tough it out by makin the playoffs through a wild card spot and winning their way on the road. As for the bengals they are a good team and an up and coming team, but we know what happened the first game when the steelers were healthy.

Kitna could have takin control with no problem, wouldn't be the same but it would be good......Palmer isn't a little ***** who whines everytime he gets hit, whenever the Steelers lose Ben hurts something, he will eventually run out of body parts to hurt / excuses.

As for Ben hurting something as an excuse, I don't know if you saw that blow to his knee that sat him out for awhile, but similar hits have ended careers. Then his other knee had a torn meniscus that required surgery...he had to be making that up and using it as an excuse for a loss. His thumb is hurt, which actually requires surgery, but he opted to wait until the season is over because he realizes what an impact he has to his team when he plays. So you're apparent slander of Ben's character is obviously ludicrous. If you want to evaluate anyone's character there should be a mirror in your bathroom where you can stare and reevaluate yourself, which by looking at your avatar and signature banner you obviously need to partake in. Because I seriously doubt anyone can take anything you say seriously after observing those two pictures, "pimp."

StillerPaul
12-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Terrence Mcgee took over that game. A 99-yard kick return for a TD, then an INT return for a TD to seal it.

Kelly Holcomb has always given the Bengals defense fits (recall last year's second-highest scoring game in NFL history). The Bengals just played too sloppy to win today...they live and die on Carson's arm...Carson threw a couple of picks and they lost.

As a long time Steelers fan, trust me when i say you had better be worried. Ya want your team to be playing their best football this time of year. Ask any Patriot fan too, for that matter. Here's hoping your team don't choke next week too. We're coming to town. :boxing:

bengalsfan21
12-25-2005, 06:57 PM
As for Ben hurting something as an excuse, I don't know if you saw that blow to his knee that sat him out for awhile, but similar hits have ended careers. Then his other knee had a torn meniscus that required surgery...he had to be making that up and using it as an excuse for a loss. His thumb is hurt, which actually requires surgery, but he opted to wait until the season is over because he realizes what an impact he has to his team when he plays. So you're apparent slander of Ben's character is obviously ludicrous. If you want to evaluate anyone's character there should be a mirror in your bathroom where you can stare and reevaluate yourself, which by looking at your avatar and signature banner you obviously need to partake in. Because I seriously doubt anyone can take anything you say seriously after observing those two pictures, "pimp."

No what is ludicrous is how many Steeler fans (and only Steeler fans) say Ben is a much better QB then Palmer :rolleyes: stats don't lie my friend and they never will.
As for my sig and avatar it's put up as a joke, and those who know me (does not include you) know that.

SteelCityMan786
12-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Never said we would make it out of the first round, but you can expect a dog fight for the next several years. The only goal we should have (bengals/steelers) is to keep browns 1 and 1.1 bottom feeders :grin:

And as for 15-1 look for Cincy to be doing it eventually, like I said 4 players away from it.

But just to clarify things up I have no problem with anyone on this board, but I hate when someone signs up and makes a post or two about how the Bengals suck or any team sucks for that matter it just is one of my pet peeves.

That comment on the Browns is something our teams do Real well

Interceptor
12-25-2005, 07:30 PM
I have a bad feeling about the Bengals' chances in the playoffs. They have the firepower on offense. You have to give them that. However, the defense just suxbigmoosekok.

Front line:
They don't have the bulk up front to go to a 3-4. They don't seem to get enough pressure with their 4-man line. They need a huge NT and/or a dominant DE.

Linebackers:
If that's how they tackle, they might as well be playing touch or flag flootball.

Corners:
Pro-bowlers, so we are set.

Safeties:
We are hurting.

There is no quick-fix for this. The games will end up in a shoot-out and they will lose at the very end when the defense has to make a stand. Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for them, but there are things that has to be looked at objectively in order to improve. With a loss against KC, we have a better chance getting past the 1st round. But that's not they way to win a championship.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2005, 08:19 PM
The bengals are still a work in progress... they went back to back 8-8 seasons then went on a roll this year.. They are vastly improved for sure, give them that. But they are still a year maybe 2 away from really being dominant and heading into the post season.

Next year they will have a tougher schedule so we'll see how they do, but you know marvin lewis is gonna focus on run stopping defense this offseason.

CantStop85
12-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Let's break it down:

Offense: Has all the players it needs...simply needs a little more time and continuity to become one of the most potent offenses in recent league history.

Defense: Need an above average SS, a huge DT, a dominant DE....the corners and linebackers are all very talented, so is Madieu Williams at FS (out for this season) and Justin Smith at DE. More than anything, the Bengals need a better defensive line and time for their young defensive players to develop.

The Bengals could make a run relying on their offense...but at some point the D needs to start making plays (if only forcing a bunch of turnovers).

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 01:41 AM
The colts found out the hard way the last few years what happens when you have no defense in the playoffs.. you get to the end and get trounced... Gotta sure up that D and you guys can be something special.

Livinginthe past
12-26-2005, 05:08 AM
The Bengals are over-rated in terms of their current record.

Everyone knows that they beat up on the weak teams but then have a harder time staying with the big boys (granted they beat the Steelers in their house).

The Bengals have a potent offense, and I see Palmer, Brady and Manning going head-2-head for years in the battle for best QB stats (no Ben due to the Pittsburgh run-first policy) - but it is their D that is the weakness.

They do have some nice players - Odell Thurman, Madieu etc are decent players already and will improve but they still have a lightweight reputation for making tackles when it counts.

Everyone knows that playoff time is when the D becomes the most important unit on the team - which doesnt favor Cincy...having said that...it doesnt favor the Colts either - they are too lightweight - especially if they lose Corey Simon as their one decent run stuffer.

Marv Lewis looks like one of the best of the new generation of coaches so I think Cincy will continue to improve for the next few years.

I think the playoffs will come a year to early for the Bengals - but they will be a very big threat next year and for a while after that.

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2005, 09:40 AM
The Only Good Team the Bengals beat were the Steelers. They're not gonna do it in the Playoffs. Please if you Bengals Fans Can Answer this Question How Many Players knows what it takes to win the post season............................................ ..........EXACTLY They have no one with Playoff expierence. Well After this year they will. But for now they don't

bengalsfan21
12-26-2005, 11:06 AM
I never said they were going to win and go to the super bowl I just state the facts which is they are the AFCN champs, no matter how they made it there they got it......... They are going to be like the Colts, only getting so far to lose bc of the defense, but that will change in a year or 2.

SteelCurtain
12-26-2005, 11:59 AM
No what is ludicrous is how many Steeler fans (and only Steeler fans) say Ben is a much better QB then Palmer :rolleyes: stats don't lie my friend and they never will.
As for my sig and avatar it's put up as a joke, and those who know me (does not include you) know that.

I have never said that Ben is a much better QB then Palmer, nor will I. Everytime someone brings up Palmer I praise him. He is a remarkable QB and I feel Ben is too. Why is it that everyone in the league, other than Steelers fans and a very select few others, put Ben down. He has done things that no other rookie QB's have ever done and will continue to make a huge impact. Give him what he has earned, respect. I give Palmer respect, becuase he has earned it. They are both great young QBs that will make huge impacts on the game. As for the stats, you are right they don't lie. But you must take into consideration different styles of how the game is played. If your beloved Palmer played for the Steelers he wouldn't be putting up the numbers that he is now with Cincinnati. If Ben was playing for Cincinnati he would have much better passing statistics, not saying they would be as good as Palmer's and not saying they wouldn't be. We'll never know. Learn to see past your nose and not let your bias opinion blind you.

Steelerbabe28
12-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Kelly Holcomb is the real deal.. He put up something like 400 yds against us a few years back.

We're the bengals prime for a let down? or maybe just dont have that killer instinct built into them just yet.

LMAO were you saying that when he was in Cleveland? I know Buffalo fans and Browns fans that would laugh at someone calling Holcomb the real deal.Anybody more immobile then Tommy Maddox will never be the real deal. He got lucky against us when he threw for 400. Cowher didnt have any film on Holcomb at look what he did to his sorry butt when he did have film on him.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 01:02 PM
The Bengals like everyone else will probably have to take it one step at a time. Make the playoffs this year is a couple steps up! Now you have to maintain, and stay healthy in the season to come! Like we all do!

CantStop85
12-27-2005, 01:41 AM
The Only Good Team the Bengals beat were the Steelers. They're not gonna do it in the Playoffs. Please if you Bengals Fans Can Answer this Question How Many Players knows what it takes to win the post season............................................ ..........EXACTLY They have no one with Playoff expierence. Well After this year they will. But for now they don't
You gotta start somewhere...albeit we have minimal playoff experience, we have quite a few veterans (Willie Anderson, Brian Simmons) that have been dying to get into the playoffs over the last 10 years or so. Personally, I think the whole playoff experience deal is over-rated...sure it's nice to have some experience, but you're doing the same thing you would as if you were in a regular season game. The experience might shake a few players, but I would expect that most players would be composed enough to not get caught up in the lights.

And to answer your question, I think quite a few players know what it takes to win the post season...that being scoring more points than your opponents.:smile:

CantStop85
12-27-2005, 01:45 AM
LMAO were you saying that when he was in Cleveland? I know Buffalo fans and Browns fans that would laugh at someone calling Holcomb the real deal.Anybody more immobile then Tommy Maddox will never be the real deal. He got lucky against us when he threw for 400. Cowher didnt have any film on Holcomb at look what he did to his sorry butt when he did have film on him.
I was saying that Kelly Holcomb was the real deal in Cleveland...especially after he torched us for some 48 odd points last year.

As far as being immobile...Drew Bledsoe is like a statue, I guess he isn't the real deal either, huh?

You gotta give Holcomb props for the way he's played with the shitty teams he's been on lately.

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 06:47 AM
I was saying that Kelly Holcomb was the real deal in Cleveland...especially after he torched us for some 48 odd points last year.

As far as being immobile...Drew Bledsoe is like a statue, I guess he isn't the real deal either, huh?

You gotta give Holcomb props for the way he's played with the shitty teams he's been on lately.
CS85 I somewhat agree with you on Kelly Holcomb. I was actually surprised that he left cleveland, they did purue him as a backup, but he took the job in Buffalo as a backup. This guy did put up some big numbers on some below average teams. He nearly pulled off a huge upset of us in the playoffs 4 years ago. We had a huge come from behind , fourth quarter. My only problem with him is that it seesm to be a better second qb, if he has to start just a few games, or come off the bench he plays great.

CASTEEL
12-27-2005, 12:46 PM
...some 48 odd points....:bonk:

I like that....

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
You gotta start somewhere...albeit we have minimal playoff experience, we have quite a few veterans (Willie Anderson, Brian Simmons) that have been dying to get into the playoffs over the last 10 years or so. Personally, I think the whole playoff experience deal is over-rated...sure it's nice to have some experience, but you're doing the same thing you would as if you were in a regular season game. The experience might shake a few players, but I would expect that most players would be composed enough to not get caught up in the lights.

ahhh...the famous last words of youth and overexuberance. little do your players know grasshopper.

playoff experience over-rated???????

yeah i think playing in the nfl is over rated. after all youre doing the same thing you do in college or arena football.

i know its been 15 years for your team to make the playoffs. that dont mean the intensity wont pick up until the bengals get up to speed. they better hit the ground running if they think its gonna be like any other sunday. (or sat)

Koopa
12-27-2005, 02:37 PM

And to answer your question, I think quite a few players know what it takes to win the post season...that being scoring more points than your opponents.:smile:

same thing??? wtf?? everyone hits harder, everyone runs faster. it's a whole different game in the playoffs, it's win or go home every game, it's nothing like the regular season.

CantStop85
12-27-2005, 10:09 PM
same thing??? wtf?? everyone hits harder, everyone runs faster. it's a whole different game in the playoffs, it's win or go home every game, it's nothing like the regular season.
Oh ok, so I take it you've played in a playoff game? :smile:

I still stand by what I believe, playoff experience is not that big of a deal. NFL experience in general may be, but you still have to do your job and you're playing the same people you've been playing for the last 16 weeks. The intensity is higher, but the objective is still the same. Oh well, I guess none of us may ever truly know.

Koopa
12-27-2005, 10:15 PM
no i haven't played in a playoff game, but unlike you, my team makes it to the playoffs :grin: so i know what's going on. but go ahead and underestimate what playoff experince does for a team. ya'll are one and done whether ya'll play us or the jags

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 10:23 PM
the bengals will be NONE and done.

(but they would beat the jagoffs)

Livinginthe past
12-28-2005, 05:58 AM
Its definitely a chicken and egg thing with playoff experience - you have to be there to get some but its difficult to progress without having had some in the first place.

The Bengals are talented for sure, but they dont have a lot of old wise heads to help them when it appears that the wheels are going to fall off - there aren't many playoff games where you dont convince yourself (as a fan) about 5 times that you are going to lose.

Having said all this - the Bengals are still capable of progressing - and yes - even winning it all - but at this stage there would be my 7/8th seed.

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 10:25 AM

One other thing you forgot is this saying

Offense wins games, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 12:25 PM
One other thing you forgot is this saying

Offense wins games, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Clich? police!

Defense wins championships...unless you're the St. Louis Rams, right? :smile:

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Clich? police!

Defense wins championships...unless you're the St. Louis Rams, right? :smile:

They had the D to as well to win in Super Bowl XXXIV