PDA

View Full Version : Alabama...

Indo
01-15-2009, 11:10 AM
I have been banished to Alabama where they don't even realize that PRO football exists...

I like watching the quarterback option and all, but do I own the only Black and Gold shirt in the entire state? Am I the only person who waves a towel on a regular basis? :tt:

The Steeler Nation MUST be here in Alabama---but where?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-15-2009, 12:21 PM
I have been banished to Alabama where they don't even realize that PRO football exists...

I like watching the quarterback option and all, but do I own the only Black and Gold shirt in the entire state? Am I the only person who waves a towel on a regular basis? :tt:

The Steeler Nation MUST be here in Alabama---but where?

Representing Steeler Nation in Alabaster, AL my friend. You will find more Steelers fans here than you think because of the steel industry, that is how I ended up here. What part are you from? Maybe we could catch a few beers sometime and watch the game at Buffalo Wild Wings or something?

Indo
01-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Whew!

There for a minute I thought I was going insane! The Steeler Nation is EVERYWHERE! I knew it had to be here

I live in Selma (about 75 miles south of Alabaster)...came here by way of New Orleans (long story---but it basically was because of Hurricane Katrina)

I'm getting tired of hearing about the whole Roll Tide/War Eagle thing---they just don't understand a REAL rivalry (like the Steelers---Ratbirds/Browns).

I won't be able to make the drive up there this weekend, but I'll be yelling at a TV somewhere!

My cousin lives in Birmingham--that makes 3 Steeler fanatics---looks like we could start a club! :tt03:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I've been to Selma a time or two. Some very pretty old homes down there, and a good bit of history as well.

The Alabama/Auburn thing was a bit annoying when I first moved here (something about rooting for a school you never went to), but it is one of the greatest rivalries in NCAA football. So I can respect that. It is almost a requirement to live here that you have to pick one. I picked Auburn and this is the first year in a long while that I was wrong. Makes the whole "Ironbowl" weekend a bit more fun if you have someone to root for I guess.

Hope you enjoy it here. We aren't as backwards and stupid as everyone thinks, but every village has its idiot I guess.

kittenfantastico76
01-19-2009, 01:41 PM
YAYYYYYYYY - AL Friends!!! I moved here about 4 years ago, to N. Alabama and trust me it takes some time to get used to the Tide/Eagle fight... best way to deal, choose a side and stick with it... I did when I moved here and I've never looked back ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! Good or bad these fans are EXTREMELY PASSIONATE!!! They are truly up there with with Steelers fans!

I have seen quite a few Steelers fans here in N. Alabama, thankfully! It's hard to get them to see the beauty of PRO-BALL here!!!

WELCOME!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-20-2009, 12:18 AM
lol, we posted in backwards cardinal directions:

south

central

north

lol!

dmnautica1
01-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey whats up Alabama Steelers fans! My name is Drew, I recently moved here from Pittsburgh. I live off of 280. I am so pumped in meeting true steelers fans around here, so sick of this war eagle/ nick sabon the next god bs. Where can we go to watch the superbowl and enjoy it. I tried going to Indego Joes I was told others like us would be there, but no success. Ive just been watching them at my house waving my terrible towel. Please help!