PDA

View Full Version : Eagles or Cards?

Luigi
01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Yea I know... some people say you shouldn't look ahead (Never bothered me) but since we play the second game on Suday it should be fair game (no pun intended) for everyone here:

Who would you rather face in the SB?

Let's just get this one out of the way: "We'll play anybody, anywhere..." (Chest pounding all the while, of course.)

I'd rather go against the Eagles. It's a better match-up. Our D can make a team one dimensional. The Cards are already one dimensionsal. The Eagles can be too, but the chances of Warner lighting it up seems more real to me. Maybe that's just because we beat the Eagles earlier. Either way, I'll be rooting for the Eagles.

Fire Haley
01-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Cards all the way.

The Whiz vs. Tomlin show makes for great tee-vee.

Plus I hate McNabb and everything Iggles.

Steel4eva
01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Yea I know... some people say you shouldn't look ahead (Never bothered me) but since we play the second game on Suday it should be fair game (no pun intended) for everyone here:

Let's just get this one out of the way: "We'll play anybody, anywhere..." (Chest pounding all the while, of course.)

I'd rather go against the Eagles. It's a better match-up. Our D can make a team one dimensional. The Cards are already one dimensionsal. The Eagles can be too, but the chances of Warner lighting it up seems more real to me. Maybe that's just because we beat the Eagles earlier. Either way, I'll be rooting for the Eagles.

we beat the Eagles earlier???:confused:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM

Coulda sworn we lost that one?

I would rather face the Eagles since my buddy is a big Philly fan. I talked shit to him for the longest time about the Pens and Flyers last year, now I get to do it again for the superbowl!

Steelerssuperbowlsbound
01-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Eagles because the Eagles offense panics when not making plays so they would lose plus the games they played were easy teams. Vikings not hard, Giants did horrible the last few games of the season

tony hipchest
01-15-2009, 01:19 PM
i like both teams and actually glad one of them gets to go to the bowl.

eagles were always my 2nd team growing up but cardinals have been my local team since moving to the desert.

plus, now they are pittsburgh west, just like carolina used to be pittsburgh east.

probably cardinals.

xlchamps
01-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Well last time these two teams played eagles killed them, and you no what I think its going to happen again because of this; McNabb playing like heís the best qb in the playoffs, and cards hasnít really played anybody I mean um the played what team in the first round, a rookie qb who made the game will close, how are you going to give up a big lead like that. 2nd they played the panthers who kept on fumbling the ball, or throwing a pick when they got to the end zone. We must remember Jake threw 5 picks that game; even the Detroit lions would've won that game with 6 turnovers lol! Now they played a team whose destiny is to get to the superbowl and lose to the Steelers, lol! But seriously the eagles have a way better defense and an offense that is good as anybody else in the playoffs. Eagles win 30-17.

Steelcitygal87
01-15-2009, 01:22 PM

I would rather face the Cards. Mainly because of the Eagles defensive line. They totally dominated last time we played. Our O-line could NOT handle the pressure they brought. The Cards do have a decent running game and a powerful weapon in Fitzgerald, having said that, I do believe the match-up of our D-line vs their O-line favors us. I think our offense would do better against the Cards D than it would against the Eagles. Plus...Donovan is more of a threat to move out of the pocket and make plays than Kurt is.

JoeLion
01-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Either one! If i had to choose it would be the Eagles. They won earlier in the year and quite convincingly. Nothing like a little revenge in the big game!

SteelCityKing
01-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Eagles.

i want a PA Bowl. =)

fansince'76
01-15-2009, 01:38 PM
McNabb playing like he’s the best qb in the playoffs.

:confused:

I don't think McNabb has been all that impressive in the playoffs so far personally. 2 TDs and 3 INTs over 2 games isn't all that hot. I certainly wasn't impressed with his performance against the Giants. The Giants just played worse than the Eagles that day is all - that was the least entertaining by far of any of the games last weekend, IMO.

xlchamps
01-15-2009, 01:42 PM
:confused:

I don't think McNabb has been all that impressive in the playoffs so far personally. 2 TDs and 3 INTs over 2 games isn't all that hot.

yea but i was tlking bout experience wise next to ben hes the best. Plus you got to look since that benching that happen at ravens, McNabb been real good.

fansince'76
01-15-2009, 01:43 PM
yea but i was tlking bout experience wise next to ben hes the best.

Warner has played in 2 SBs and won one of them. I also think Warner is playing better than McNabb right now and Whiz and Grimm know us like the back of their hands. I'd rather play Philly if we get to the SB.

Luigi
01-15-2009, 01:46 PM

See that? At the end of the day, we're all just football fans. LOL!

I'm an infiltrator, Steel. You can't tell I'm a Ravens fan since there's no smoke. :)

That "we beat them once" thing, BTW, might be a two edged sword. Maybe there's nothing to it, but several Ravens players expressed eagerness to play Tenn to avenge the one that got away from us when we played them earlier. If anyone would like another shot at teh Ravens it;s McNabb. He got benched at halftime when we played them. Might be meaningless. Just sayin...

steelreserve
01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Strictly from a competitive standpoint, the Eagles. I watched that Cardinals-Falcons game, and what happened to the Falcons looked like the exact recipe for how we could lose a frustrating playoff game. Bad field position, entire offense inexplicably shut down by mediocre defense playing out of its mind, mistakes at key times, running game screws the pooch ... that game gave me the chills.

From a personal standpoint, the Cardinals, because my fiancee is from Philly and she and her whole family are diehard Eagles fans, so that would get downright ugly.

devilsdancefloor
01-15-2009, 02:07 PM

he is a ratbirds fan...

Edman
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
The Cardinals are the worst matchup for the Steelers. Ken Whisenhunt knows us. Remember what Jon Gruden's Bucs did to his former Raiders back in Super Bowl 37? Warner has been to the big game before, and he has a lot of experience. That Cardinal Team is playing with a lot of Steeler-esque intensity.

Philly will only be tough if the Steeler O-line plays like shit again.

But people. Ravens first. Then we can talk some more.

Potsie
01-15-2009, 02:38 PM
I think I'd rather play the Cardinals, but I have a feeling that the Eagles are going to win that game.
Sure, Arizona's win over Carolina was pretty impressive, but it's kind of hard to lose when the opposing team's QB throws 5 picks..