PDA

View Full Version : With the bus retiring...

The JoKeR
12-24-2005, 10:28 PM
I've read that white from USC might go mid to late first round and would be a good pick up for the Steelers. I think that would be a good thing, but what do you all think of the Steelers trying to pick up Ricky Williams this off season? He's been playing alot better lately. I know he had his problems, but he seems alright now. The only reason I don't see it happening is the fact that he walked out on his team. If you put that aside, would you take him?

Koopa
12-24-2005, 10:40 PM
i'd take him, just cause i think ppl somewhat deserve a second chance, and he has been playing really good lately. but i really want a young player that can be a feature back for years to come, and if we were to get lendale we would have that for years to come. also i hope i'm wrong about willie not going to beable to be our feature back for the future.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-24-2005, 11:38 PM
AS much as I think Jerome will most likely retire, we cant 100% bank on it till he gives the word.. Im not sure the Steelers will look at a guy to carry the load w/ a character flaw like that though.

clevestinks
12-25-2005, 06:46 AM
My problem with Ricky Williams is he now three positive drug test! This is a major problem, one for and he is banned. So we cant take that chance!

SteelCityMan786
12-25-2005, 07:34 AM
I'd take White. He is a fast running back. He is pretty much a replica of Bush.

Sharkissle29
12-25-2005, 01:04 PM
we already have a fast back, we need power

Tim
12-25-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure where we are with cap room, but maybe we can work some draft day magic with KC and score Larry Johnson (they're not gonna dump him like the Rams did Bettis, but who knows). I think he's only there on a one-year contract and is a free agent again at the end of this season.

steeler47
12-25-2005, 02:11 PM
I've read that white from USC might go mid to late first round and would be a good pick up for the Steelers. I think that would be a good thing, but what do you all think of the Steelers trying to pick up Ricky Williams this off season? He's been playing alot better lately. I know he had his problems, but he seems alright now. The only reason I don't see it happening is the fact that he walked out on his team. If you put that aside, would you take him?

First.Rickey Williams dosent have and never did have ...A PROBLEM ...???

What he did was quit on his team and contract.Now that may have been a wrong decision on his part and I dont agree how he did it..But what he want's to do with .HIS LIFE.....,not yours,not mine,not the bullshit magazine rag's and media.....ITS HIS LIFE.Focus on YOU and YOURS.like WE all should be doing!!

Now on the subject of him being a football player.You have to question his heart for the game.The passion and the wanting to be a champion in this game.Those are the question's.his heart and desire.

Its not a crime to pursue your own life.....OK ???

Too many watch mainstream bullshit..Think for yourselve's....dont let the tv do it for ya!!!

Koopa
12-25-2005, 02:27 PM

ummmmm............. not really, lendale is a power back with nice speed but he is nowhere on the level of bush in college. i still think lendale will have a better longer career then bush in the nfl though, especially if we were to draft him

The JoKeR
12-25-2005, 06:08 PM
First.Rickey Williams dosent have and never did have ...A PROBLEM ...???

What he did was quit on his team and contract.Now that may have been a wrong decision on his part and I dont agree how he did it..But what he want's to do with .HIS LIFE.....,not yours,not mine,not the bullshit magazine rag's and media.....ITS HIS LIFE.Focus on YOU and YOURS.like WE all should be doing!!

Now on the subject of him being a football player.You have to question his heart for the game.The passion and the wanting to be a champion in this game.Those are the question's.his heart and desire.

Its not a crime to pursue your own life.....OK ???

Too many watch mainstream bullshit..Think for yourselve's....dont let the tv do it for ya!!!

I dunno...but to me, quitting your job to go out and smoke pot IS a problem. I'm in the USAF, and if I just stopped going to work so I could smoke weed....that would be a problem. So yes he DID have a problem...whether or not he still does is still undetermined. It's not the "mainstream media" that did it...he freely admitted it (along with all his failed drug tests).

Livinginthe past
12-26-2005, 04:53 AM
I think Ricky Williams may well be available the year after next - Saban took quite a risk bringing him back onto the team to help Ronnie Brown share the load.

Now that it has paid off, I dont see Saban letting him go next year - if Miami can get a QB worth the name then they will be a definite threat next year for the playoffs.

The only trouble might arise when Miami want to give the job to Ronnie on a more full-time basis (which I would imagine to be late next year) - and Ricky will still feel that he can start for someone.

NM

LambertIsGod58
12-26-2005, 07:08 AM
First, Larry Johnson is going nowhere....Priest is over 30yrs old and injury prone. He'll be the one to go. Ricky Williams, I don't want him. He hasn't done anything this year in my opinion. Dominick Davis is an option. He has played well on a team that has allowed Carr to get sacked at an alarming rate. I'd rather keep Bettis another year than banking on a draft pick other than Reggie Bush.

MichiSteeler
12-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Nah... I wouldnt want Ricky Williams on our team.. I'd just take LenDale, he's the gift that would keep on giving for a long time