PDA

View Full Version : T.O. & Ocho Cinco... Big Names to move for next year?

steelers2685
01-16-2009, 03:00 AM
What do you guys think of these two being traded/released? I am quite unsure where T.O. could end up, but could see Ocho Cinco heading to Washington or even Philly IF he is traded/released. I mention him simply because of his poor performance this year and the fact that he wanted out prior to the season starting. T.O. really doesn't need an explanation as to why he may be moved.

What you guys think?

Fire Haley
01-16-2009, 03:19 AM
I really only care about our situation.
Those guys are just loud mouth crybabies to me - nothing special.

Steelers are $20 million under next season’s salary cap with no significant contract issues. We should use that to upgrade our O-line, but there’s no free agent on this team we can’t afford to lose even though keeping McFadden should be our priority.

stillers4me
01-16-2009, 05:26 AM
I could see TJ with the Giants. I believe they will be looking for a good wide receiver without baggage.

GBMelBlount
01-16-2009, 05:59 AM
I could see TJ with the Giants. I believe they will be looking for a good wide receiver without baggage.

But he does have a lot douche baggage.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2009, 06:28 AM
what no one is saying one of these would look good in the black and gold???lol j/k

HometownGal
01-16-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't think Jerry Jones will even consider trading or releasing TO. If he did, however, I could see TO heading to Oakland or maybe Seattle.

As for Crotcho Stinko - who the hell would really want him? What really has he done over the last couple of seasons except flap his gums? I see him stickin' it out in Shitsinnati.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I don't think Jerry Jones will even consider trading or releasing TO. If he did, however, I could see TO heading to Oakland or maybe Seattle.
jerry's son is the one behind him trying to get rid of TO,

HometownGal
01-16-2009, 08:15 AM
jerry's son is the one behind him trying to get rid of TO,

Jerry's son doesn't own the Cryboys.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2009, 08:23 AM
i know, but there was a report on espn that he was behind trying to talk Jerry into releasing TO

lilyoder6
01-16-2009, 08:41 AM
T.O WILL NOT BE RELEASED..

it will be the most stupidest move on JJ and the cowboys part.. let's put aside that T.O can still play and was tied for 5th w/ most td's by a WR.. but if they cut him they will eat his 10 MILL sal this yr.. and w/ the poss of 2010 being a non-cap yr.. release on that yr so the cap hit won't mean anything

HometownGal
01-16-2009, 08:44 AM
i know, but there was a report on espn that he was behind trying to talk Jerry into releasing TO

Enough said.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Enough said.
true.. btw, i love your new avatar

rbryan
01-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Is it me or does it seem that BSPN has been dumping gas on the 5 alarm blaze that is the Cowboys all year??

I couldn't help but laugh when they referred to Romo's broken finger as the "pinkie" for about a month. They seemed to take a lot of pleasure in every story about Pacman this and TO that, Jerry Jones calling out Barber for not playing hurt blah blah blah. And now the notorious "Source inside the organaization" that claims they want to dump TO.

I'm not complaining, I think its funny as hell. I'm just glad they're not going out of thier way to stir up trouble for the Stillers.

Godfather
01-16-2009, 09:43 AM
true.. btw, i love your new avatar

Hopefully she needs a new one in a couple of weeks :tt03:

HometownGal
01-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Hopefully she needs a new one in a couple of weeks :tt03:

AMEN bro! :drink::tt:

Thanks TMB. :thumbsup:

MACH1
01-16-2009, 10:56 AM

No.....But there was a blurb about he was going to try to talk his dad into getting rid of TO and rid the team of troublemakers.
I doubt it happens though, the girls would have to eat 9 mil. on TO's contract. I think it would be funny as hell if they did release him.

steelers2685
01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
I thought T.O. may be sent up to Seattle as well initially. You figure, in a way it would make sense for them to get rid of him (besides salary cap reasons) because they now haev Roy Williams who could have a break out year if he becomes their top receiver. You still have Crayton and Austin who showed a lot of potential last season. Besides that Marion Barber and Tashard Choice along with Jason Witten are three more talents ont hat offense that they're going to have to pay attention to. I may beslandered for this but I love T.O.'s antics, specifically because he's not with us. They lost a lot of games this year IMHO because its apparent they had to make gameplans focusing around T.O.'s wishes. If he were gone,t hey could open so many more things up on that Offense, it'd be scary.

Anyone think its possible for TJ or Ocho to head to Detroit?

rbryan
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM
All the talent in the world means nothing when you have players like TO on your team. He's ruined team chemistry everywhere he's been, yet some never learn.

JJ is getting exactly what he deserves. The Cowboys have become a joke regardless of how may "superstars" the have.

The Yankees of the NFL

Dino 6 Rings
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Chad if traded or released will draw more interest. He'll be seen as a guy with great skills on a very bad team. His antics aside, he isn't quite known as Locker Room poison the way TO is. Someone will go after him, maybe the Jags, they are hurting for a #1 receiver.

As for T.O. He is poison, and its showing to all around the league. If he goes anywhere, it'll be a one year deal, just like when he first got to Dallas. And that's about all he's worth. This may be the begining of the TO round robin of teams where one year he's in a Chiefs Jersey, the Next he's a Redskin, then after that he's a Seahawk.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2009, 11:44 AM
No.....But there was a blurb about he was going to try to talk his dad into getting rid of TO and rid the team of troublemakers.
I doubt it happens though, the girls would have to eat 9 mil. on TO's contract. I think it would be funny as hell if they did release him.
ding ding ding!!!! TO ain't going anywhere......CJ on the other hand.........:noidea:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I can see TO getting released.

In the long run, it would be best. He's a cancer and the only way to get rid of the cancer it to cut him out, no matter the cost.

Now personally, I hope they keep him. I hate the Cowboys and I love seeing the turmoil.

As for CHad Johnson, he's staying in Cinci. If they were going to dump him, they would have traded him to the Redskins last season when they were being offered a first and conditional second round pick from the Redskins.

No way they get an offer anywhere near that this offseason. And they are probally going to lose TJ in free agency, so I doubt they would wanna lose both TJ and CJ in the same offseason, especially with Palmer coming back next season.

BrandonCarr39
01-16-2009, 05:53 PM
As stubborn as Jethro is, I CAN say that he WILL listen to his son Stephen(who's been the voice of reason in this organization). There were FAs/draft picks that were the apple of Jerrah's eye, but Stephen was able to convince him otherwise.(can't think of them off the top of my head, but they would have been disasters)

With that being said-I feel Stephen will ultimately be able to convince his father, and look for TO to be a Redskin next year.

Aussie_steeler
01-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Is it me or does it seem that BSPN has been dumping gas on the 5 alarm blaze that is the Cowboys all year??

I couldn't help but laugh when they referred to Romo's broken finger as the "pinkie" for about a month. They seemed to take a lot of pleasure in every story about Pacman this and TO that, Jerry Jones calling out Barber for not playing hurt blah blah blah. And now the notorious "Source inside the organaization" that claims they want to dump TO.

I'm not complaining, I think its funny as hell. I'm just glad they're not going out of thier way to stir up trouble for the Stillers.

Its not just you rbryan. ESPN have been all over this all year IMO ( once tom brady went down they needed a new knob to chew on for the season) . To me they seem like they have a few cans of petrol labelled
* Dallas Cowboys
* Terrell Owens
* Adam Pacman Jones
and they love to pour it on when things are quiet. Yes they warrant heat at times but some inflaming sure seems to go on as well.

What has also been interesting IMO has been
* Patrick Crayton and his willingness to publicly defend T.O.
* ESPN's reluctance to put the heat fairly and squarely on Romo for his uncanny ability to choke in the big games. Instead it is always a chemistry issue.
* the free pass that some criminals seem to get from other organisations whilst bad locker room guys in Dallas get grilled.

ITs not just ESPN though

No substance, no heart ... these are the real Cowboys
By Gregg Doyel
CBSSports.com National Columnist

IRVING, Texas -- If only this one could be blamed on Terrell Owens. If only. Because that's an argument I would love to make. See, the more I think about it, the more I think I hate T.O. Not dislike him. Hate him.

But this one wasn't Terrell Owens' fault. Not entirely. Not even mostly. Owens gets some blame for the Dallas Cowboys' most pathetic performance of the season, because he is at his heart and soul a loser, and his impotence rubs off on everyone around him. But Owens was just one cog in this coughing, wheezing machine Saturday night that saw the Cowboys close out Texas Stadium with a disgraceful 33-24 loss to the Ravens.
And the truth is, Owens started this mess Saturday night. He has whined and bitched and pointed fingers and turned his quarterback, Tony Romo, into a basket case. Romo was so concerned with throwing the ball to Owens that he again forced balls where they had no business going, resulting in an interception and a near-interception and several incompletions

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportsline/main11184523.shtml

I am really glad that more players are not treated this way and thankful that Steelers players are treated in this manner. Publicly stating that you hate someone so you can get a story out there is pretty sad.

It happens exactly the same way down here with our football codes. One rugby league club recently sacked a player for assaulting his fiancee and banned him from playing in Australian for all of 2009 but he was replaced with a player who was sacked from another club for assaulting a girl at a night club. Double standards and hypocrisy.

I know my observations will rile some fans here but they are my honest opinions.
I am not a Dallas fan - never will be. I am just tired with how the media hounds some and gives others free passes.

fansince'76
01-16-2009, 10:03 PM
The Cowboys' biggest problem? It's ultimately not the coaches or the players. IMO, it starts and ends with the megalomaniacal owner and it bleeds down through the rest of the organization.

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2009, 10:05 PM
As stubborn as Jethro is, I CAN say that he WILL listen to his son Stephen(who's been the voice of reason in this organization). There were FAs/draft picks that were the apple of Jerrah's eye, but Stephen was able to convince him otherwise.(can't think of them off the top of my head, but they would have been disasters)

With that being said-I feel Stephen will ultimately be able to convince his father, and look for TO to be a Redskin next year.you really think they'll eat the 10,000,000 cap hit ? if jones was going to listen to his boy, why didn't he listen to him BEFORE , he broke the bank on him? to cut T.O. would be admitting he's wrong.....jones just don't strike me as someone who's big enough a person to do that.....:noidea:

steelers2685
01-16-2009, 10:07 PM
One cannot argue that T.O. has been a great player in his time however. Grant it he could have been even better statistically if he held onto the ball a lot more, but he is a terrific athlete nonetheless. I love how some people like that sportswriter find a way to warrant a connection being made with a guy who they see on TV once a week. Anyone ever think that these guys know they're getting negative attention and it wears off on them so they just mold to what's expected ot them (excluding pacman because he's just plain and simply a convict anyways). You know, they're like that kid in class who smarts off to the teacher just to keep up his image of what everyone expects.???

If TO'd go to Seattle, who would he really have to argue with there other than to the media about how miserable the weather is?

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2009, 10:10 PM
One cannot argue that T.O. has been a great player in his time however. Grant it he could have been even better statistically if he held onto the ball a lot more, but he is a terrific athlete nonetheless. I love how some people like that sportswriter find a way to warrant a connection being made with a guy who they see on TV once a week. Anyone ever think that these guys know they're getting negative attention and it wears off on them so they just mold to what's expected ot them (excluding pacman because he's just plain and simply a convict anyways). You know, they're like that kid in class who smarts off to the teacher just to keep up his image of what everyone expects.???

If TO'd go to Seattle, who would he really have to argue with there other than to the media about how miserable the weather is?we are talking about adults here....not children.

steelers2685
01-17-2009, 01:29 AM
we are talking about adults here....not children.

I'm just saying, look at Deion Sanders for example. Great athlete, but lived up to his 'Primetime' persona that he was dubbed. It got to him. Same with T.O. thas kind of media pressure gets to a person.

Anyways, my brother brought up Ladainian Tomlinson in discussion with me this evening after looking at this thread, saying he read on ESPN (go figure) that the Chargers may be looking to trade/release him. Any truth to that and if so, would a team be better off going after him or drafting somebody fresh like Lesean McCoy or Knowshon Moreno?

MasterOfPuppets
01-17-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm just saying, look at Deion Sanders for example. Great athlete, but lived up to his 'Primetime' persona that he was dubbed. It got to him. Same with T.O. thas kind of media pressure gets to a person.

Anyways, my brother brought up Ladainian Tomlinson in discussion with me this evening after looking at this thread, saying he read on ESPN (go figure) that the Chargers may be looking to trade/release him. Any truth to that and if so, would a team be better off going after him or drafting somebody fresh like Lesean McCoy or Knowshon Moreno? i wouldn't put to much stock in anything espn reports.....most of its just speculation.....but anythings possable.....

8/14/2004: Signed an eight-year, $60 million contract. The deal includes $21 million in guarantees. 2008: $5.75 million, 2009: $6.725 million, 2010: $8 million, 2011: $9.275 million, 2012: Free Agent. Cap charge: $8.97 million (2009).

BrandonCarr39
01-17-2009, 03:19 AM
Oh what the heck-might as well give my 2 cents here...

As much as I really disliked the TO signing here 3 years ago(w/o a doubt this was THE darkest day in Cowboys history, at least in my perspective)-he was only one of MANY problems we've had this year. He wasn't the sole problem, nor the root of any of the problems that spread to the rest of Valley Ranch. Here were some other things that really bit us this year...

1) Instead of a blood-and-sweat training camp, Jethro decided to put his team under the HOLLYWOOD spotlight w/ "Hard Knocks". It was as if all of the players and coaches were imagining themselves as Hollywood celebrities(it was also reported that throughout part of TC, everyone's wives and girlfriends were hanging out with the team as well). Pt being that it was here that they ended up losing their focus for the year, IMHO. All our offseason hype as Super Bowl favorites didn't help the players' psyches either.

2) W/o a doubt, inconsistent OL play all year. For an OL that's one of the highest paid in the league, they didn't play like it. You know the saying, "It all starts up front"...Romo just didn't have the same comfort in the pocket like last year.

3) The lack of discipline and accountability from Wade and the coaching staff...his laid back attitude ultimately lead to the downfall of this team. It worked last year largely b/c the players were fed up with Parcells' busting-balls style, but ultimately, Wade's style only went so far.

4) Not to make excuses for injuries, but after 2 straight years of being among the healthiest teams in the league, it FINALLY caught up to us. We played with a 3rd string LG most of the year, our LT Flo Adams was playing on one arm a good portion of the year, Newman was hobbled most of the year, we had to drag safeties off the street, our RBs were injured and were left with a 4th round rookie in the final sprint, etc. All I can say is that we had GOLDEN opportunities in '06 and '07 to make a splash, but we just screwed it away. No excuses.

5) If anything, I blame Pacman alot more than TO for his antics that brought us down this year-back in Oct when we were 4-1 and heading into a big NFC road game with the Cards, he had to act out and pull that stunt by getting into a scuffle with his bodyguard. What happened subsequently was nothing but loads of distractions for the entire team as they had to put up with the barrage of questions et al, instead of focusing on THE GAME...what you saw on the field against the Cards that day was nothing but a comedy of errors(TD returned on the opening kickoff, 3rd and 17 given up thanks to poor tackling when we finally had the momentum, and then that blocked punt in OT)...our injuries also piled up in this game(lost Felix and McBriar for the year, Romo for a month, and Spencer was slowed down as well). Yeah-aside from the suspension Pac got, he ultimately let the team down over the long haul. I always wonder how this game and our season would have turned out if he had behaved himself.

6) Jethro has a policy where the players get access through HIM, and NOT the HC. For example, after the humiliating Rams loss, Greg Ellis was so unhappy w/ his role on D, that he ended up complaining to Jerrah, so what did Jethro do? He went back to Wade to not only vouch for Ellis, but also strip Brian Stewart's playcalling away as well. Really-it's policies like this that allow guys like TO to act out any time they feel like it.

Anyhow-I know this is a long rant-but this pretty much sums up why TO ended up getting WAY too much flack over our underwhelming season. No-I will not deny that he's a loudmouth crybaby and a poison in the locker room, but to say the baggage he brings is the SOLE reason for the his teams' downfall is pretty extreme, especially given the above circumstances. With that being said though, I wouldn't mind parting ways at all b/c this team needs to start from scratch a bit.

MasterOfPuppets-it's been reported that pretty much everyone in the organization has been trying to get Jerry to cut ties w/ TO...it's not just Stephen, but the scouting department, as well as Garrett(who, by the way, has given him a "He-or-Me" ultimatum) has done the same. Yes-I know Jerry is stubborn, and is a media ***** to boot, but when faced with this much pressure, I think Jerry may blink. And assuming Garrett stays(some reports have said the Rams haven't offered him anything), he's pretty much Jerry's top priority. I know the cap hit is tremendous, but like I said above, it would be a good idea to regroup and start from scratch a bit.

As for giving Owens a 2nd contract like that, to be honest, TO fooled me too into thinking he was a changed man as well. Heck-prior to this season, I myself(along w/ most of the national media and football fans) were drinking the Super Bowl kool-aid, and thought we had to reload and finish what we didn't do in the '07 13-3 year.

revefsreleets
01-17-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't really care where these jackasses end up, but I WILL say this: If the the Steelers ever signed TO or CJ (or any other POS in the same vein, for that matter), I'd hang up my B&G forever. And I'm serious...but that is MUCH more a testament to the fact that I KNOW the Steelers will never sign garbage like that than anything else.

ShutDown24
01-17-2009, 03:47 PM

With that being said-I feel Stephen will ultimately be able to convince his father, and look for TO to be a Redskin next year.

I agree with everything you've said here except the Redskin prediction. Not saying it won't happen, I just think we're seeing a different Dan Snyder these days. I don't think even he will touch Owens who's production isn't worth the trouble anymore, it never was, but now it's most definitely not.

CantStop85
01-17-2009, 05:22 PM
It's almost a foregone conclusion that Ocho Cinco is on his way out of Cincy. The Bengals pro shop has been selling his jersies (both the Chad Johnson and Ocho Cinco ones) 2 for 1 for about a month now.

SteelCityKing
01-17-2009, 06:49 PM
It's almost a foregone conclusion that Ocho Cinco is on his way out of Cincy. The Bengals pro shop has been selling his jersies (both the Chad Johnson and Ocho Cinco ones) 2 for 1 for about a month now.

sucks huh!? around here, they still sell Fanecas and Porters for $20 a pop. authentics too! haha!

personally, i dislike Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens. BUT, they are great players and i believe they deserve a better home than Cincinnati or Dallas. one slip up and they get daggers for looks and the fairweathers fan tear them apart. it happens with every team, but with those two always being in the public eye for the stupidest things...they deserve betters places to play.

i see Chad in Oakland or New Orleans and Terrell Owens heading to New England with Randy Moss and Wes Welker or NY Jets. i just seeing whatever team shows interest paying out the ass for them because A) they are great weapons and B) they pull in publicity. look what Favre did for the Jets when he bowleggedly strolled into town!? upped jersey sales and got the Jets on tv all day long. so, they could go anywhere...but the ONLY place that won't take him...Pittsburgh. plain and simple. =)

Stlrs4Life
01-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Wonder if CJ would go to the Ravens?

SteelCityKing
01-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Wonder if CJ would go to the Ravens?

i think that would be a nice fit...so he can light up his ex team. but, i think the Ravens are good enough without someone like him. he should play with Mike Vanderjagt somewhere! haha!

SteelTalons
01-17-2009, 08:23 PM
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2053/soupnazipv3.jpg

Nobody wants TO. I saw a Raider forum that like 2 to 1 nobody wanted him... :chuckle:

Sad when the Raiders dont even want you! Well Al Davis might but most fans arent happy with the idea.

BrandonCarr39
01-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I agree with everything you've said here except the Redskin prediction. Not saying it won't happen, I just think we're seeing a different Dan Snyder these days. I don't think even he will touch Owens who's production isn't worth the trouble anymore, it never was, but now it's most definitely not.

Yeah-I'll admit I was stretching it a bit with the Redskins comment. I think they have a good thing going with Jim Zorn-sure, the Skins collapsed after a great start, which is never a good thing for any teams' psyches, however...I think they'll be OK next year. Zorn's biggest weakness last year was not being able to make adjustments as the season went along-rookie HCs tend to have these flaws. And it wouldn't surprise me too if the Colt Brennan era started next year...this kid has alot of potential.

I can see Owens in a Bear uniform next year, why? B/c Chicago is where receivers end their careers.

SteelCityMan786
01-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't really care where these jackasses end up, but I WILL say this: If the the Steelers ever signed TO or CJ (or any other POS in the same vein, for that matter), I'd hang up my B&G forever. And I'm serious...but that is MUCH more a testament to the fact that I KNOW the Steelers will never sign garbage like that than anything else.

They don't sign jagoffs anyway.

lilyoder6
01-17-2009, 09:55 PM
i could see dallas going after CJ like they tried 2 do b4 they got williams... CJ is as good as T.O. but less the head-ache....

i don't see y evryone hates on C.J.. the only thing the man has done is to say he wanted out of cincy and made a big deal about.. but who hasn't in this league

tony hipchest
01-17-2009, 10:28 PM
chad will go to dallas and TO will go to the bungles.

its inevitable, right? kizmet in action.

VegasStlrFan
01-18-2009, 01:37 AM
chad will go to dallas and TO will go to the bungles.

its inevitable, right? kizmet in action.

So would it be to much to ask for them to both GO AWAY :applaudit::applaudit:. I hate both of these Punks :banging::banging: